Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fast Food And You
Nexus Forums > Non-Nexus Forums > Non-Nexus Discussion
Jun
QUOTE (Foxfire @ Jun 24 2009, 11:54 AM) *
I hate rice. ( There goes your "true Chinese person," Kanak. tongue.gif ) Pastas and smoothies I already make. Fruit is generally pretty cheap when it's in season. I really can't stand eating raw green leafy things. Makes me feel like a rabbit. I'm just saying though. I'm currently unemployed due to the craptastic economy, so I'm making do with what I can. Nevermind that I usually only shop at Wal-Mart -- I'm contributing to the evil, I know. Get me a job then. XD

You hate rice? What about brown rice?

Well, the leafy greens are the ones packed with the most vitamins. Like spinach. Spinach alone makes a good salad with some italian dressing, or as a topping for a turkey sandwich or something :3

I'm going to have to disagree with your fast food "poison" theory though. Seriously, just because some idiot made a movie about how fat he got on an entirely McDonald's diet does NOT mean it's poison. Sometimes it's just more convenient to grab something from a fast food place. And yes, sometimes that damned Big Mac just TASTES GOOD. Maybe not to you. Maybe not every day for every meal, but once or twice a month. Moderation is the key to life. If that means I'm going to have heart disease in my old age, so be it.

I completely agree with moderation. It's the daily habits that need addressing. I personally eat Chinese food at a local restaurant once or twice a month, but I try to eliminate most of the bad things that come with it to make it as healthy as possible. (i.e. no MSG or soy sauce)

If you're eating fast food/poor quality food constantly, you can definitely have negative effects.

Let's get drastic and get to the "we're all going to die anyway, might as well enjoy stuff" part. Jeez.

As I pointed with with Falaris, indulging in copious amounts of fast food and bad habits like smoking and drinking can indeed shorten your life. The argument of "we're all going to die anyway, might as well enjoy stuff" is a fantastic rationalization, but you sure will wish you didn't do all of those things when you're dying decades earlier than you should have.

Falaris
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 24 2009, 01:46 PM) *
As I pointed with with Falaris, indulging in copious amounts of fast food and bad habits like smoking and drinking can indeed shorten your life. The argument of "we're all going to die anyway, might as well enjoy stuff" is a fantastic rationalization, but you sure will wish you didn't do all of those things when you're dying decades earlier than you should have.

I'm not getting into this with you again, but you are talking based on your own philosophy. If I don't believe there is anything after life, then I won't care when I die. I won't be sitting up in heaven looking down going "Damn, if I only had 5 more years..."

Granted, that MIGHT be the case (that we all go to Heaven and regret not living 5 more years), but if it isn't what I believe, then that will change my perception of the world to be different from yours, including what I eat, what I drink, what I smoke, and if the hooker is worth getting the clap from for one good two hour session. Don't tell us what we will or will not wish once that time comes.

This isn't to say I'm just going to go kill myself because it doesn't matter, but I am going to enjoy my time here and when it is all over, hopefully I will be happy with the choices I make now.

-Falaris
HaKSaW
QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 24 2009, 02:07 PM) *
This isn't to say I'm just going to go kill myself because it doesn't matter, but I am going to enjoy my time here and when it is all over, hopefully I will be happy with the choices I make now.

Or not have any conscious emotion or thought either way. You have to finish your statement fully when taking the stance like this, though you were close.
Falaris
QUOTE (HaKSaW @ Jun 24 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Or not have any conscious emotion or thought either way. You have to finish your statement fully when taking the stance like this, though you were close.

You're right, I didn't finish, but I meant happy as in I can look back during my last days and be ok with my life, not after I'm already dead. As far as the afterlife, who knows. I can't say for sure what it is, but I'm looking at it pessimistically. If I'm wrong, I'll be delightfully surprised.

-Falaris
AceoStar
QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 24 2009, 04:52 PM) *
I can't say for sure what it is, but I'm looking at it pessimistically. If I'm wrong, I'll be delightfully surprised.
-Falaris

Or agonizingly remorseful. Depending on the view tongue.gif That's an up to Christianity, if you're right, $texas, if you're wrong, oh well, you'll come back as a speculum or something, but you won't be aware of it tongue.gif
Rokugo
I don't believe in an afterlife, but I sure as hell want to live as long as I can while life is still worth living. My desire to live a long time isn't in any way hampered by my lack of belief in the afterlife, so I'm having trouble following your logic there. For me it's the other way around. This is the only life I got, so I want to make it last as long as possible and keep my body in decent condition during that time. I think that you are reaching a little to say that atheism automatically implies hedonism.

Keeping relatively healthy habits and enjoying life are not mutually exclusive, especially if the things you enjoy are physical activities. If you don't treat your body right, you are likely going to be handicapped in doing those things much sooner. Sure, maybe you'll enjoy your first 30 years of life a lot, but then when your body gets older and not quite so good at dealing with unhealthy habits life will be significantly more unpleasant, and no number of cheeseburgers can help you then. It's not just the length of life that is impacted, but also the quality of life as your bad habits start catching up to you.

Obviously everything is a trade-off. You can't sit in a plastic bubble and run on a treadmill all day and expect to lead a fulfilling life. But the opposite is also foolish. You can't expect to live like Human Bender on that episode of Futurama. I would say that most people I know live too close to the Human Bender side of things, given that I live in one of the more overweight parts of the country where most people's idea of daily exercise is the walk to from their car to the office elevator.

As an irrelevant side note, why would someone be sitting in Heaven, the place of ultimate reward, and wish that it had taken them LONGER to get there? I mean, I could see regrets if God hates fat people or something and sends them to hell, but otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.
Falaris
QUOTE (Rokugo @ Jun 24 2009, 05:01 PM) *
I don't believe in an afterlife, but I sure as hell want to live as long as I can while life is still worth living. My desire to live a long time isn't in any way hampered by my lack of belief in the afterlife, so I'm having trouble following your logic there. For me it's the other way around. This is the only life I got, so I want to make it last as long as possible and keep my body in decent condition during that time. I think that you are reaching a little to say that atheism automatically implies hedonism.

Keeping relatively healthy habits and enjoying life are not mutually exclusive, especially if the things you enjoy are physical activities. If you don't treat your body right, you are likely going to be handicapped in doing those things much sooner. Sure, maybe you'll enjoy your first 30 years of life a lot, but then when your body gets older and not quite so good at dealing with unhealthy habits life will be significantly more unpleasant, and no number of cheeseburgers can help you then. It's not just the length of life that is impacted, but also the quality of life as your bad habits start catching up to you.

Obviously everything is a trade-off. You can't sit in a plastic bubble and run on a treadmill all day and expect to lead a fulfilling life. But the opposite is also foolish. You can't expect to live like Human Bender on that episode of Futurama. I would say that most people I know live too close to the Human Bender side of things, given that I live in one of the more overweight parts of the country where most people's idea of daily exercise is the walk to from their car to the office elevator.

As an irrelevant side note, why would someone be sitting in Heaven, the place of ultimate reward, and wish that it had taken them LONGER to get there? I mean, I could see regrets if God hates fat people or something and sends them to hell, but otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

Just to clarify, I wasn't referencing any particular mindset, belief, or especially religion. I believe in God, but I don't know for sure if he exists and similarly I don't know if there is an afterlife. I don't think those two tie together. For me though, while I agree you should make the most of life because it is only what you have, I'm just making a few points and that was how I personally see things. I think all combinations of faith (or the lack thereof) and life outlook are certainly possible, I just wanted to point out a few differences in philosophy which therefore affects how you view all the vices in the world (foods that are terrible for you, alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc.)

Like I said in the other thread, I believe in moderation, probably a bit more stricter than most when it comes to fast food. If I have to eat fast food (maybe once or twice a week as I travel on the road quite a bit), I will stick to salads or the grilled chicken from KFC, etc. Very very rarely, like once or twice a month at best, will I have a quarter pounder or something like that. I will admit this is a radical departure from how I used to be, but that has more to do with overall current lifestyle design rather than just a change of food trend.

-Falaris
Blackh
Coincidently I just watched that episode of Futurama today, I downloaded all 5 seasons.

I think all fast food is okay as long as you eat it in moderation, why not enjoy things that are out there for you? A cheeseburger or chicken strip every so often wont kill you in your 30's.

I personally eat fast food about three times a week laugh.gif but usually the 3rd meal isnt greasy or fried
Gerdi

Almost all food is bad in large quantities. I feel like Jun is coming off as being completely snobbish and condescending over this entire thing.

Look, you're not going to die from eating fast food a couple times a week. As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle by exercising moderately and living mostly by something like the food pyramid, you're most likely be fine and healthy.

AccntScrty
I personally eat anything I want. I really don't gain any weight either, sometimes I lose weight!

You could maintain your portions on what you eat, or if you're lucky such as myself, you'll just let your super awesome metabolism do the work for you wink.gif.
Halome
QUOTE (AccntScrty @ Jun 25 2009, 12:45 PM) *
I personally eat anything I want. I really don't gain any weight either, sometimes I lose weight!

You could maintain your portions on what you eat, or if you're lucky such as myself, you'll just let your super awesome metabolism do the work for you wink.gif .

Me too!!!

Except, even though I have an awesome metabolism, I still willingly choose to eat healthy.
Mainly because I feel better when I eat better. Also because I just love healthy foods. They're yummy.

I do get fast food on occasion. I agree with Foxfire, a Big Mac CAN just be THAT tasty some days...
Foxfire
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 24 2009, 02:46 PM) *
You hate rice? What about brown rice?

Nope, no go. Unless you mean the sort of brown rice that's brown because it's in some sort of fried rice.. with some veggies and some meat.. in which case, it's tolerable. But only barely.

QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 24 2009, 02:46 PM) *
I completely agree with moderation. It's the daily habits that need addressing. I personally eat Chinese food at a local restaurant once or twice a month, but I try to eliminate most of the bad things that come with it to make it as healthy as possible. (i.e. no MSG or soy sauce)

Well, I don't think anyone was suggesting that they were strictly on a McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's diet. If they were, THEN we'd have a real problem. As it is, I think everyone just thinks you're off the chain for thinking all fast food will kill you, even in very small doses.

Personally, I grew up eating Chinese food ALL THE TIME, but my restaurant is the sort that uses low sodium, no MSG, and as little sesame oil or whatever as possible. Though, *real* Chinese food (like the stuff my mother makes at home) is way healthier than the Americanized crap they serve at restaurants here. Jisong hates me right now, I can hear him already.

As a side note, I had an awesome metabolism as a kid, up until like.. mid-college.. it's sort of tapering down now.. My brother AND my mother, on the other hand, can eat ridiculous amounts of food in one sitting, and do it every four hours, and LOSE WEIGHT. It's mind-boggling. And unfair.

Anyway, what happened to like.. the last page of posts on that other thread before this thread happened? Like my post Jun was quoting from at the start of this topic? tongue.gif

-end rambling-

Edit: Oh.. someone just cleaned house over there. Nevermind. -ish sleepy-
Adam
There's this one Chinese joint in my city called Yip Hong's...

[Content removed]ING FANTASTIC FOOD.

I'm also of the high-metabolism type; I'm very slender and lean even though I eat copious amounts of food, some of which is not healthy. I expect that when I'm in my 40s it'll start to slow down, just like my dad. Then again, I can't remember the last time he exercised, and I bet neither can he, whereas I plan to continue exercising and playing sports as I age and grow older.
Jun
QUOTE (Gerdi @ Jun 25 2009, 12:56 AM) *
Almost all food is bad in large quantities. I feel like Jun is coming off as being completely snobbish and condescending over this entire thing.

Look, you're not going to die from eating fast food a couple times a week. As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle by exercising moderately and living mostly by something like the food pyramid, you're most likely be fine and healthy.

QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 24 2009, 01:46 PM) *

If you're eating fast food/poor quality food constantly, you can definitely have negative effects.

Read my quote. Read and understand all of my words. Stop having an automatic negative response to everything I say.
Adam
QUOTE (Foxfire @ Jun 25 2009, 05:22 AM) *
Well, I don't think anyone was suggesting that they were strictly on a McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's diet. If they were, THEN we'd have a real problem. As it is, I think everyone just thinks you're off the chain for thinking all fast food will kill you, even in very small doses.

Yeah, uhh... No, everyone doesn't "just think he's off the chain for thinking all fast food will kill you, even in very small doses".

Why? Because that's not what he's thinking:
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 24 2009, 12:46 PM) *
I completely agree with moderation. It's the daily habits that need addressing.
[...]

Seriously, people -- more logic, less emotion.
Falaris
This thread inspired me this morning.

"But it's soooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddd."

-Falaris

P.S.- Pretty damn nice camera on the new iPhone 3GS, eh? smile.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 25 2009, 08:06 AM) *

Hehe, omnomnom.jpg... Niiiiice.

QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 25 2009, 08:06 AM) *
P.S.- Pretty damn nice camera on the new iPhone 3GS, eh? smile.gif
How many megapixelationatoryunits is it?
Falaris
3MP w/ autofocus feature. It's pretty neat, you just tap on the screen what you want to focus on and about a second later you're good. Works when taking video too.

-Falaris
Blackh
Wow the camera is alot better

My parental units wont gimmie money so I have to wait till I get a job to upgrade sad.gif

And is that OS X wallpaper on Vista? laugh.gif
Falaris
QUOTE (Blackh @ Jun 25 2009, 09:38 AM) *
Wow the camera is alot better

My parental units wont gimmie money so I have to wait till I get a job to upgrade sad.gif

And is that OS X wallpaper on Vista? laugh.gif

No. I decided to use it after seeing this, I just wasn't sure how many of those programs are compatible with Windows 7 and didn't really want to go that far with customizing everything as I tend to like the new Win7 taskbar.

-Falaris
Gerdi
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 25 2009, 08:09 AM) *
Read my quote. Read and understand all of my words. Stop having an automatic negative response to everything I say.

I was referring to your previous conversation in the other thread where you came off as a [Content removed]ing [Content removed] liberal that makes a bad name for other sensible "liberals" like me.

Quick edit: I don't have an automatic negative response to everything you say. Why do you say that? I don't even know you that well, other than the fact that I (personally) think you would be an unenjoyable person to socialize with. It might not be your goal to seem superior in your opinions, but you're certainly coming off that way to me. Only speaking for myself here.
AceoStar
QUOTE (Gerdi @ Jun 25 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I was referring to your previous conversation in the other thread where you came off as a [Content removed]ing [Content removed] liberal that makes a bad name for other sensible "liberals" like me.

Quick edit: I don't have an automatic negative response to everything you say. Why do you say that? I don't even know you that well, other than the fact that I (personally) think you would be an unenjoyable person to socialize with. It might not be your goal to seem superior in your opinions, but you're certainly coming off that way to me.

QUOTE (Gerdi @ Jun 25 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Only speaking for myself here.

And me, for what it's worth tongue.gif
Jun
QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 25 2009, 10:02 AM) *
No. I decided to use it after seeing this, I just wasn't sure how many of those programs are compatible with Windows 7 and didn't really want to go that far with customizing everything as I tend to like the new Win7 taskbar.

-Falaris

Thanks for hijacking my thread?
Falaris
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 25 2009, 12:13 PM) *
Thanks for hijacking my thread?

Because threads never branch off into other topics, like a thread about making English the official language of America turning towards fast food and the adverse health effects it can cause when someone decided to broadly criticize someone else's eating habits without knowing their usual diet.

-Falaris
Jun
QUOTE (Gerdi @ Jun 25 2009, 11:36 AM) *

Quick edit: I don't have an automatic negative response to everything you say. Why do you say that? I don't even know you that well, other than the fact that I (personally) think you would be an unenjoyable person to socialize with. It might not be your goal to seem superior in your opinions, but you're certainly coming off that way to me. Only speaking for myself here.

Sensible liberal? Lol?

Okay, after you being wrong(or at least mistaken) on almost everything you were trying to argue on the previous thread, I don't think your opinions on the argument have any value. I don't see what's so non-sensible of me to believe the way I believe about what I discussed on the other thread. But it's just that, it's another thread. Argue with me over there if you want to talk about that thread.

Okay, it might sound big-headed for me to say, but I want to seem superior to my opinions on the things I argue for because I'm right. Is that a close-minded thing to say? Yeah, maybe. But if you sincerely don't believe you're right on something you won't be nearly as passionate in trying to defend your view. Have I been wrong on little details? Sure. But as a whole, no. Arguing for English only is eft up, and any 'sensible liberal' should agree.

Is me stating eating fast food constantly and smoking all of the time being bad for you somehow making me sound as if I make my goal to sound superior? If it does, awesome, because it's true.

QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 25 2009, 12:17 PM) *
Because threads never branch off into other topics, like a thread about making English the official language of America turning towards fast food and the adverse health effects it can cause when someone decided to broadly criticize someone else's eating habits without knowing their usual diet.

-Falaris

My responses always contained at least something about the English only side of the debate. The fast food thing was simply tacked in. Go away.
Falaris
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 25 2009, 12:24 PM) *
Sensible liberal? Lol?

Okay, after you being wrong(or at least mistaken) on almost everything you were trying to argue on the previous thread, I don't think your opinions on the argument have any value. I don't see what's so non-sensible of me to believe the way I believe about what I discussed on the other thread. But it's just that, it's another thread. Argue with me over there if you want to talk about that thread.

Okay, it might sound big-headed for me to say, but I want to seem superior to my opinions on the things I argue for because I'm right. Is that a close-minded thing to say? Yeah, maybe. But if you sincerely don't believe you're right on something you won't be nearly as passionate in trying to defend your view. Have I been wrong on little details? Sure. But as a whole, no. Arguing for English only is eft up, and any 'sensible liberal' should agree.

Is me stating eating fast food constantly and smoking all of the time being bad for you somehow making me sound as if I make my goal to sound superior? If it does, awesome, because it's true.

My responses always contained at least something about the English only side of the debate. The fast food thing was simply tacked in. Go away.

If you want to know the reason why a few people (who are regulars that have been around for years, not just people who popped up in the last 2 months) have commented that they don't like what you have to say, it is right here. Believing you are right is fine, and debating it until you are blue is annoying to some (I do it too though) but also fine overall, but believing everyone else is wrong without any chance of changing your mind is where people get annoyed. This is why people don't like DarkMaverick, it wouldn't matter how many times people would bring up logical arguments, it just falls on deaf ears.

Gerdi and I are similar in that we make a lot of jokes about things, and sometimes we are using internet memes which on the surface might seem stupid or 4chan-ish, but underneath it all we are usually making good points in a very simple manner. To just be very clear here, I'm talking about when we are discussing things in real, meaningful threads, and not in the off-topic lounge which is more or less a free-for-all of usually insensitive jokes. There are some key differences between how him or I might say something, and how you say it. For example, I might try to make you look like an idiot with sarcasm or wit, or I might say something you said is idiotic or stupid, but I never say "you are wrong" or "you're a moron." That gets into personal attack territory, and quite honestly is as childish as that dumb video you posted in the other thread. The point of debate is to use logical arguments, or possibly rebut those arguments with opinions or facts, but in the end the discussion is supposed to be about the topic and not the people arguing.

Worse, you come out and say that "Well I think you were wrong, so your opinion is of no value to me." Then why the hell are you posting a response? You just don't say that kind of thing unless the person is just typing "LOLOLOL U NOOB!" and it is clear they aren't actually trying to make a point in the first place. Of course you should be passionate about your opinions and beliefs, and it is commendable, but discounting another person's thoughts because they are different than yours is pretty much as high as you can go hypocrisy wise, and you've done it a few times now. You might say I'm the same way, but if you look back through a good number of threads you will see me apologizing or changing my mind when someone offers a better idea or alternative, or explains themselves in that they meant something they wrote in a different way than the way I took it. In fact I think it happened twice in the English-only thread. There are some debates that I'm pretty firm on one side, but I do admit when I'm wrong/mistaken/undereducated/etc. You just discount the thought that you might be wrong completely.

Sitting there saying "arguing for English only is messed up and if you were a real sensible liberal you'd agree" doesn't bring any facts to the table, it is just your very biased opinion. Why is it messed up? You think it is because it segregates the country and keeps minorities down from what I can gather, but you never brought any real factual evidence to the table, just a personal anecdote and a dumb video, and when I pointed out how useless the video was, you sat and claimed it was just a joke after you already made serious points regarding it. I didn't see any real examples of your life and how keeping the language situation the way it is actually HELPS the country, whereas people in favor of making it the official language brought up a few points of how it could help (the fact that you could easily communicate with everyone else here being the obvious main point). Yet, you just consider everyone else as unintelligent and ignorant mongoloids who must be super-conservatives because they aren't as "enlightened" as you are. The irony is a lot of people think of me as a conservative over that thread, when in fact there are a lot of liberal ideals that I follow.

Quite honestly, you act as smug as the typical Apple fanboy when it comes to seeing yourself as superior because you are so "open minded" and "free thinking."

I might have my own faults and people don't see eye to eye with me a lot of the times, or see my wall of text posts and just say "TLDR" to themselves, but I never outright attack someone's character in a real debate. I can certainly be a jerk, egotistical, obnoxious, loud, etc. as well, but at least I am respectful of other people's opinions when they don't match my own (at least as much as I can be while trying to make them look wrong in a debate).

-Falaris
Gerdi
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 25 2009, 12:24 PM) *
Sensible liberal? Lol?

It wasn't really intended as a joke, your sense of humor is a little bit off.

What do you mean on almost everything? I had one post that contained factually wrong information, and if you look back, I fessed up and apologized for it. Having unwavering conviction for what you believe is one thing, but I can't help but get the feeling that you are completely looking down on other people who don't share that belief.

Correct, it does sound big-headed. Believing that you are right with no wiggle room for persuasion is an unattractive trait to carry. Your last sentence in that paragraph made my opinion of you (not that it REALLY matters) pretty concrete. As for being right and wrong; yes, as previously mentioned I did post some information that I believed to be factual and wasn't, I was wrong. But my opinion on the English matter is neither right nor wrong, it's an opinion. I wasn't going around telling you that you were in the wrong for your beliefs -- so why essentially are you doing that to me?

If you were ONLY saying that, then no. I think you can go back and read your own posts, see for yourself if you think you could have come off as snobbish. I'm obviously not the only one with that opinion, so it must have some kind of merit.

-Gorg
Jun
Falaris, again, thanks for highjacking my thread. Why do you post about this in a thread that has nothing to do with it, when there is a completely established thread based on that subject?

Read that thread for my reply.

And Gerdi, just go away.
Halome
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 26 2009, 01:08 AM) *
Falaris, again, thanks for highjacking my thread. Why do you post about this in a thread that has nothing to do with it, when there is a completely established thread based on that subject?

Read that thread for my reply.

And Gerdi, just go away.

Welcome to Nexus forums, where when you create a thread, you get responses. Often times, these responses go off on tangents.

Get over it?
Darken
I imagine this topic was originally created to somehow sway me or manipulate some sort of emotion so I come to an agreement with the OP about their opinion about something esoteric.

WELL, TAKE THAT POKEY MINCH
Jun
QUOTE (Darken @ Jun 26 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I imagine this topic was originally created to somehow sway me or manipulate some sort of emotion so I come to an agreement with the OP about their opinion about something esoteric.

WELL, TAKE THAT POKEY MINCH

This topic was originally created because someone in another thread suggested another thread be made for this subject.
HyuKo
QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 26 2009, 01:45 PM) *
This topic was originally created because someone in another thread suggested another thread be made for this subject.

One simple question: Do you believe in variable change? Anything can happen, and as far off as this may sound: A thread can drift away from the topic in the title. It isn't like a concrete thing, no one is moderating these posts to make sure everything flows for this specific topic.
atOnz
Avoiding the above....

I try to avoid all fast food if possible as I'm a long-time athlete and somewhat recent weightlifter. I've seen how fast a poor diet (via working at McDonald's) and bad habits (chewing tobacco, binge drinking) can change a previously athletic friend. The guy developed all these stomach problems, lost virtually all muscle mass and has become a slob. That kind of change is negative not only on the physical but psychological side of things as well. On the flip side I've seen another friend break out of the shell and eat well and exercise with life-changing results (no more stomach issues, energetic, optimistic etc).

In a nutshell I just don't feel right physically or mentally unless I'm sticking to a strict training regimen, which is basically high-protein, low carb/fat and lots of exercise.
Alston
Keep eating fast food. You'll keep me in business.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.