Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something New For Smokers
Nexus Forums > Non-Nexus Forums > Non-Nexus Discussion
KoLD
Electronic Cigarettes, I just bought one after doing a little research on them and have not had an actual cigarette in awhile now.

I was a heavy smoker, about 2 to 3 packs a day, and i really needed to quit. I was going to go on Chantrix and did a little research on that, and also I have a few friends that smoked that used it; in most cases after a few months most people that used it ended up smoking again, so there's no point in that. So I looked around some more and found out about E-cigs, after buying one and using it for a few days it actually has killed my need for regular cigarettes.

It looks like a cigarette that is about as long as a Pen and as wide as a normal cigarette. It has 3 parts to it: The battery, the atomizer, and the cartridge. Battery is pretty self explanatory, but the atomizer is what turns the liquid smoke into actual smoke, and the cartridge is where the flavor comes from. The smoke itself is a lot like hookah smoke, it comes in a variety of flavors and strengths for all kinds of smokers.

The price of the one I bought was 55$ for the starter kit, which came with 2 full e-cigs a charger, and 5 cartridges of different kinds of liquid smoke. I also bought 2 different flavors of liquid smoke and 5 refillable cartridges for an extra 15$.

The liquid smoke is a solution of water, nicotine, and the flavoring of your choice. Aside from the regular flavors, I got double apple (for anyone who has used a hookah, you know how delicious that is). It hits like a regular cigarette, and I honestly recommend this for anyone who wants to quit smoking or just wants an alternative. Plus, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than normal cigarettes. The liquid smoke that I bought is equal to a carton of cigarettes for 5$.

Oh, another plus, since this is not a tobacco product, you can smoke it inside bars, restaurants, and anywhere else smoking isn't allowed. The smoke produces no odor and clears with in 2 seconds.

It's like a diet cigarette that taste better and is better for you. tongue.gif
Adam
So it's like hookah, but electronic instead of using charcoal, cigarette-form instead of a water-bong, and a flavored nicotine liquid instead of actual flavored tobacco. tongue.gif

Sounds good; it would definitely be more portable and easier to use. Still, would it be as cool as when your chilling with friends doing some shisha (AKA hookah) and passin' the hose around? wink.gif

I don't get your situation, though. You "really needed to quit", so instead of actually quitting, you decide to start smoking electronic flavored nicotine? huh.gif
Blackh
Thats neat.

I can't get into smoking at all. First it doesn't do ANYTHING for me(I smoked for like 5 seconds once), secondly, I think I'm the only person who thinks:

Smoke = hot. Lungs = Meat.
Hot air + Meat = Cooked and smoked meat.

I don't care when people smoke though, Just as long as they dont blow that [Content removed] around me sad.gif
Falaris
These ecigs still give you the nicotine fix and if he "needed to quit" I'm sure it was over concerns of the smoke and tar among all the other terrible stuff in there. That doesn't mean these are any better, these are basically nicotine patches that you can just keep going with and you still get the oral fixation part and 'cool I get to smoke a cigarette' part.

As for Chantrix, Airadine used that and hasn't smoked for a year. Quite honestly the "I need to quit but I can't" thing is a bunch of crap in my opinion. I've said it before, I've cold turkey'd and it is 3 days of feeling like you are sick and then its mostly mental and you might just have an attitude for another 2-3 days while still adjusting to no longer having nicotine. It is a matter if you really want to quit or not. You aren't going to do it just because you think it is bad, you have to actually say "I'm sick and tired of doing this, I no longer want to do it," and then whatever manner you choose to quit with will work if you see it through and recognize soon it will all be over.

However, most humans (and Americans for that matter) love to act like they are disabled and just too weak to do things on their own. That is why we over-medicate ("oh doctor, I can't concentrate on doing a job I completely hate and want to kill myself for having because I don't have the guts to stand up and go do what I really want to with my life, I am depressed and have ADD, I need pills!"), and I'm even guilty of doing it myself at various points in my own life, either through self-medicating or going and getting prescriptions. Ultimately though, I have learned that the only time things really changed for me is when I stopped finding excuses and stopped procrastinating and just went and did what I wanted to do. It really isn't hard if you are committed and are trying to break a habit, unless it is something like going cold turkey on heroin after a year of use. Then, I can at least understand needing medication to get through something like that, but cigarettes? Come on.

-Falaris
WestSideR
I dont know if this was nation-wide or not, but they issued a federal tax of like a dollar or two on cigs.
KoLD
I said I need to quit, not want to. I enjoy smoking. I could quit cold turkey if I wanted to, but I don't really want to. I get very irritated without my nicotine. tongue.gif I just wanted an alternative that doesn't kill my lungs.

And with Chantrix, I've heard both sides.

Edit: WestSider, this is why I also needed to quit. Cigarettes in the 2 months have gone from 3.56(Marlboro) > 4.50 > 5.00$ per pack (Newports = 7$ a pack). I don't know about your states, but we can't smoke anywhere here. We have outside places that say you can't smoke within a 100 yard distance of them.

So it's like we're gonna raise taxes on your smokes by a huge amount, then tell you that you cannot smoke anywhere.

I miss indian smoke shops. sad.gif
Adam
QUOTE (KaN @ May 8 2009, 05:46 PM) *
So it's like hookah, but electronic instead of using charcoal, cigarette-form instead of a water-bong, and a flavored nicotine liquid instead of actual flavored tobacco. tongue.gif

Sounds good; it would definitely be more portable and easier to use. Still, would it be as cool as when your chilling with friends doing some shisha (AKA hookah) and passin' the hose around? wink.gif

On second thought, these electronic flavored nicotine cigarettes are not like hookah... they're WAY better; simply because hookah has all the nasty crap like tar and carcinogens from burning tobacco, and these electronic cigs consist of straight nicotine, which while it is still addictive, is much healthier.
AceoStar
I just wanted to mention that Im 50 days quit now w00t! I just quit cold turkey after about 6 years. Its definitely not easy, but Im to the age where it was time. The price went up considerably, and considering Im in the tobacco capital (NC) that's saying alot. I also have a lot of heart disease in my family. I loved smoking. I loved having something to do when Im at a concert, after dinner, while drinking , a reason to take a break from work, something to pass the time at my desk. ahhhh. I dont even want to think about it tongue.gif

I have had at least 3 friends who have had extremely good results with Chantrix, and are still smoke free. Only have one who it did not work for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.