You must adhere to the following rules when posting on NexusForums.com Posts that break these rules will either be edited or deleted. Those who break the rules will be warned, punished, or banned. Punishments will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that the rules will be stricter on certain areas, such as the Debating Society and Non-Nexus Photos.
1. In your registration for Nexus Forums, you clicked a box stating that you agreed with the following statements:
- Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.
2. In order to promote our websites in the game, we must comply with Nexus laws. A current list of all Nexus laws can be found here
- a. You may not post anything that contains anything that may be offensive to members of the community.
- b. You may not direct users to websites that do not meet the standards of the Nexus community.
- c. It is your responsibility to know the game laws. Since they can be viewed offline, there is no excuse not to know them.
- d. Do NOT quote non-compliant material. You are allowed to edit your quotes; do so.
3. Do not post frivolous messages or "spam":
- a. All posts should be on-topic.
- b. All posts should add to the existing topic. Do not post just to post. Instead of posting "I agree", explain why you agree.
- c. Do not post "Close this topic", "Look at all that spam", "Stop flaming", etc. on a thread with problems. If there are problems with a thread, please notify PM a Moderator or Admin or use the report post feature (Which will PM all Moderators and Admins). The reason for this is that if we see your post, then we've already read the topic and we know how to respond. This makes your post pointless spam.
- d. All posts should be in Standard English. Don't use foreign or Internet languages.
- e. Do not post multiple times in a row, even if the second post is with another NF account. Edit your previous post to include the information or wait for someone else to post first. On occasion second post can be posted if both posts contain a lot of material that would be confusing if the two posts were merged into one.
- f. Do not post personal messages. Use the PM feature.
- g. If a post has been deleted and you do not know why, please review these rules. If you cannot find the answer, send a polite PM to a mod. Do not post your questions or complaints, these are considered personal messages
- h. Do not "bump" topics.
4. Impersonation is not allowed:
- a. Do not pretend to be someone that you are not, be it a Kru employee or any player. Should you do so, we will ban your names, your IP, your email addresses, and whatever else we need to assure that it doesn't happen again.
- b. NexusForums is a community to communicate about Nexus, not to pretend you are someone else and defame them because you feel the need to do so.
- c. If you are a Kru employee, Archon, or otherwise well known player, it would be GREATLY appreciated if you could contact a mod to prove that you are not impersonating.
5. Your signature:
- a. Do not have an excessively long signature. Your ENTIRE signature should not take up more space than this image:
- b. All images in your signature should be compliant with Nexus laws.. The total file size of all images and animations in your signature and avatar must be smaller than 300,000 bytes.
- c. Do not include links to non-compliant content.
6. Dealing with NexusForums Staff:
- a. The group "Nexus Atlas Staff" is for those who work on NexusAtlas, but not NexusForums. They are not mods.
- b. Do NOT post, PM, or otherwise distribute messages attacking NexusForums staff for their moderations. If you believe that you have been treated unfairly by an Moderator or Admin, please only contact Rachel on the matter.
- c. Should any other questions arise regarding the Nexus Forums rules or their enforcement, please contact Rachel for clarification.
7. Other Rules:
- a. Do not try to be clever by bending the rules. If your message comes across, the rule is still broken.
- b. If your post was misinterpreted, send a polite PM to the mod and be sure to make your future posts clearer.
- c. Do not play dumb if you are guilty. If you act innocent and are found to be guilty of breaking the rules, the punishment will double.
- d. If you repost something that has been deleted, you will be punished.
- a. While you may disagree with and even dislike other NexusForums users, do not flame or insult them.
- b. Do not create topics to attack players.
- a. Do not quote pictures.
- b. Do not quote a quote of a quote.
- c. Do not quote non-compliant content. If you are unsure, edit the quote. (Although the post that you are responding to may be deleted, so it would probably best not to quote it at all)
- d. Do not quote large amount of text. If you are responding to a long post, quote just enough of the message so that others know what you are replying to. If you are replying to several parts of a message and want to clarify, you may make a few shorter quotes.