Against [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 1

Zaventh
post Oct 9 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 29

Going to try a new procedure to make community changes to NexusWiki.

This poll is to determine a change to NexusWiki.

Reference A
Reference B

Action Summary
Should standard path pages (ie. Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Poet)[Reference A] redirect to their corresponding Portal page [Reference B]? If vote is in favor of the change, all path pages will redirect to their corresponding Portal page.

Please place your votes and comments by November 1, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Genesis
post Oct 9 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Level 5

Member No.: 1,526

I'm not sure why this is even a question. Forwarding standard path pages to their respective portal should have been done right from the beginning. The portal pages contain much more information and are, rightfully, linked to from the index page. As it is, the current class pages contain very little information and serve no real purpose as they are not linked to nor do they have any information exclusive to them. All information available on the class page is also available (and built upon) on the portal page.

+Quote Post
Zaventh
post Oct 9 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #3

Level 5

Member No.: 29

QUOTE(Genesis @ Oct 9 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]41899[/snapback]

I'm not sure why this is even a question. Forwarding standard path pages to their respective portal should have been done right from the beginning. The portal pages contain much more information and are, rightfully, linked to from the index page. As it is, the current class pages contain very little information and serve no real purpose as they are not linked to nor do they have any information exclusive to them. All information available on the class page is also available (and built upon) on the portal page.

The Portal pages were a later creation than the other standard pages and each were created for unique purposes. The question is an design question. The Portal pages were intended to be used by those who were members of those particular paths. Yes, they do and will probably always contain more information about their respective path than any other single page. The question is, though, if I want to read what a Rogue is, for instance, should I be presented with a simple and concise page which briefly describes and gives me little else except maybe some links to other resources on the path or the entire portal page with much more information which is probably irrelevant unless I am already a member of that path?

There are also more technical reasons for this discussion regarding the logical separation of information... ie. a portal page is much different than a regular page and serves different purposes. See Wikipedia

Lastly, it was a good issue to test the responsiveness of using this method to make these kind of decisions on NexusWiki. I hope you can understand.

- Z

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:13 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.