IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would You Stay If Nexustk Was Reset?
Would you stay if NexusTK was reset?
A total wipe of money, stats, and history?
Yes [ 18 ] ** [46.15%]
No [ 18 ] ** [46.15%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [7.69%]
Total Votes: 39
Guests cannot vote 
Insomniac
post Jul 27 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 13,114

Would you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Jul 27 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

You could replace the word "and" with "or" and my answer is still no.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
NeoShamanism
post Jul 27 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #3

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,478

Of course I'd stay. This is like saying you'd quit world of warcraft when they changed level cap to 85 after 80 and all your gear/things become worthless. Get the [Content removed] over it.

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Jul 27 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #4

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 6,403

QUOTE (NeoShamanism @ Jul 27 2010, 08:30 PM) *
Of course I'd stay. This is like saying you'd quit world of warcraft when they changed level cap to 85 after 80 and all your gear/things become worthless. Get the [Content removed] over it.

No its like saying "Hey you played WoW since it came out, you have everything in the game you could ever want, took years to get all that, we're gonna press reset tho, still wana play?"

But unlike WoW, nexus isnt that fun.

Question should be:
Would you play if everyone who got banned were unbanned?!

Would you play if it were Free to play with useful itemshop stuff?! (wisdom star gems ect)

Would you play if there arent gonna be anymore updates? (Current question)

--------------------

+Quote Post
NeoShamanism
post Jul 27 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #5

Level 99

No, you're wrong. You can have everything you ever wanted in WoW and when the new expansion drop it means nothing. You keep your achievements, which would be the equivalent of keeping Nexus legends. Crafting skill and legends should stay, sure. Maybe even marks. But that's the most retarded twist I've ever read.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 27 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

When the new expansion drops, sure, you can't use a lot of the old gear. But asking someone to completely regain all mounts, crafting skill, reputation, and oh yeah: completely re-lv your character through hundreds of thousands of fetch / kill quests they already did and re-live all those PUG groups.....that is a lot different than asking them to go through 5 levels of 100% new content, then do a bunch of brand new raids they've never experienced before, and get new spells / talents that make their characters more awesome than ever before.

Basically, reseting Nexus means, if you want to keep playing, you need to play the same game over again. That's not the same thing as an expansion, which means you do things you didn't do before to obtain things you never had before.

If you want to start a new character then go for it, no one is stopping you.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
NeoShamanism
post Jul 27 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Level 99

You're so thick, it's hilarious. Keep crafting for all I care. The fact is that they put all end game players on the same playing field, regardless. Stop making bad points.

Obviously keep kruna items and legends. Crafting in nexus needs to be changed if there is going to be a shattering, that's true.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 27 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #8

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (NeoShamanism @ Jul 27 2010, 10:28 PM) *
You're so thick, it's hilarious. Keep crafting for all I care. The fact is that they put all end game players on the same playing field, regardless. Stop making bad points.

You do realize your post is in no way coherent, right?

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Jul 27 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #9

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

What about this:

Free to play

Cap stats at Sa San stats or whatever (and if people are over, which many are, offer special bonuses to them but remove the extra stats, along with a legend mark like "Soared beyond the stars" or something dumb.)

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
NeoShamanism
post Jul 27 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #10

Level 99

Apparently you can't read English, either. Congratulations. Let's make DM the Gamemaster for the new Nexus. Wait.

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Jul 27 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #11

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

I might rejoin actually...

... MAYBE

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 27 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #12

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (NeoShamanism @ Jul 27 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Apparently you can't read English, either. Congratulations. Let's make DM the Gamemaster for the new Nexus. Wait.

Okay, let's explore this:

QUOTE (NeoShamanism @ Jul 27 2010, 10:28 PM) *
You're so thick, it's hilarious.

You're calling me stupid here. I got that.

Keep crafting for all I care.

Wait, what? Not only am I not crafting (?), but even if I was what would that have to do with our discussion?

The fact is that they put all end game players on the same playing field, regardless.

Even if that was true (which it isn't- those with the Icecrown epics have a huge advantage over those running around in quest chain greens / blues, or even naxx purples) what the hell does that have to do with comparing a new expansion to deleting everyone's characters so they can play the whole game over from scratch?

Stop making bad points.

Stop being crazy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NeoShamanism
post Jul 27 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #13

Level 99

Keep crafting legends/skill in the game, one of the only arguably comparable dimensions to World of Warcraft that is carried over and used at the new tier of the game. Those in icecrown epics may level quicker. Believe me, I'm 12/12 Heroic ICC and I guarantee the only gear I'll use is possibly the caster mace off of H-LK in early tier raiding. That's like saying we could allow people with polearms to keep their polearms. Yippy.

Actually, crafting is probably one reason this game is awful. Gemcutting.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 28 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

The poll is dumb.

Obviously, if the game is reset with no changes made, then it'll be the exact same and most people would leave.

There are preconditions that need to be met before the reset so that the player-base will grow and more will join than leave before implementation of the reset.

Secondly, what are you talking about -- Resetting 'history'? History stays, as well as legend marks (and a new mark should be added for players that were here before the reset).

It's not [Content removed]in' rocket-science.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 28 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #15

Oh san
Group Icon

Okay, let's try this:

Show me one game where people who have paid hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to play the game for a decade have returned after all their in-game achievements were taken away from them.

This isn't hard to understand.

QUOTE (NeoShamanism @ Jul 27 2010, 11:45 PM) *
Keep crafting legends/skill in the game, one of the only arguably comparable dimensions to World of Warcraft that is carried over and used at the new tier of the game. Those in icecrown epics may level quicker. Believe me, I'm 12/12 Heroic ICC and I guarantee the only gear I'll use is possibly the caster mace off of H-LK in early tier raiding. That's like saying we could allow people with polearms to keep their polearms. Yippy.

Please tell me how making people start back over from level 1 with no items make the game more fun for the majority of the players?

And before you argue that it makes things more "fair"....fair on what terms? Fair to whom? To those who have or to those who have not?

Tell me, what relevance does things like surviving in carnages really have in the grand scheme of things in Nexus when people who are slaughtered within seconds of a round can still win and receive marks / prizes if their team won?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Insomniac
post Jul 28 2010, 04:07 AM
Post #16

Level 5

The poll is dumb.

Obviously, if the game is reset with no changes made, then it'll be the exact same and most people would leave.

There are preconditions that need to be met before the reset so that the player-base will grow and more will join than leave before implementation of the reset.

Secondly, what are you talking about -- Resetting 'history'? History stays, as well as legend marks (and a new mark should be added for players that were here before the reset).

It's not [Content removed]in' rocket-science.

I don't remember asking you for your in depth opinion of what needs to be done if such an event were to happen. All I asked was "would you stay?" Nothing else. I wasn't asking if money, stats, and history could be erased; I was telling you the hypothetical situation, and asking for an opinion based on that situation. I find it silly that you would pick apart my post and analyze it simply for the sake of trying to degrade it. Keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 28 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #17

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jul 28 2010, 03:07 AM) *
I don't remember asking you for your in depth opinion of what needs to be done if such an event were to happen.
Consider my "in depth opinion" under the 'Other' option then, fool.

All I asked was "would you stay?" Nothing else. I wasn't asking if money, stats, and history could be erased; I was telling you the hypothetical situation, and asking for an opinion based on that situation.
Yes, I took that into account, and I already said, "Obviously, if the game is reset with no changes made, then it'll be the exact same and most people would leave."

Need I even comment on your contradiction in the italicized quotes?

I find it silly that you would pick apart my post and analyze it simply for the sake of trying to degrade it. Keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.
I find it silly how you think it's personal that I called out the rudimentary intelligence put into the poll itself. The comments are very necessary, thank you very much.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jul 28 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #18

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

cat fight

meowwww

+Quote Post
Insomniac
post Jul 28 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #19

Level 5

Why are you arguing with me about a video game? Why are you going out of your way to try and insult me? Why are you taking this so seriously? I didn't call you out, I don't even know you. You're just looking for something to boost your enormous ego. Do something constructive with your spare time.

+Quote Post
Skum
post Jul 28 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #20

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

It took me 6 years before I hit 99, and if they were to "reset" everyone I'd just quit.

Also, what about the fact that it would totally disrupt/destroy the 'political' system of clans and SPs? Although I suppose the whole "reset the nexus durrr" movement also would expect new clans and subpaths.

So, in a nutshell: No, I don't support the idea of destroying more than a decade of our little virtual world's achievement for any reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.