IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tournaments, What happened to participation?
Rubi
post May 4 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 572

Ok, so I've attended every masai and CoC for the past two months, along with as many KSGs as I could... and I was shocked. The average participation for a pk tournament is what, 4 teams? That's terrible! What happened to 12 team CoCs, what happened to 60 people showing up to watch every masai with 8 teams participating? These were some of the most popular community events in nexus for years and years, what happened to them now?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xevu
post May 4 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 5,702

I've been trying to participate in an ancients CoC since December but they're only done once a month if that. I finally said screw it and now I'm in avatars league and nowhere near buff enough to do that CoC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brant
post May 4 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Rubi @ May 4 2009, 10:08 AM) *
Ok, so I've attended every masai and CoC for the past two months, along with as many KSGs as I could... and I was shocked. The average participation for a pk tournament is what, 4 teams? That's terrible! What happened to 12 team CoCs, what happened to 60 people showing up to watch every masai with 8 teams participating? These were some of the most popular community events in nexus for years and years, what happened to them now?

I think the lack of participation has to do with the fact that in order to do well in a CoC, you must have two things. 1: Good gear, if not the best gear possible for your level. 2: A good team. Because it's so easy to get stats these days with the levels 6/7 training grounds, players don't really stay at lower level stats very long. Also, many players have began to shy away from PK simply because there are so many unregulated hackers. Players that use illegal programs, kbk, scripts, macros, and other various 3rd party programs that allow them to have a huge advantage over other teams.

To some, it's simply not worth their time, knowing that they're just going to go in there and get destroyed by another team that's geared and all of them are hacking.

The only CoC I do anymore is Ancients, and that's only because I have a near maxed mage with decent gear, and well, mages are OP as [Content removed] in PK. PKing on a mage is by-far the easiest path to PK on. It's so freaking effortless.

I think if KRU stepped and actually dealt with the players that hack, or at least design some sort of system to manage these vulnerabilities in the client, I think a lot of players would go back to PKing.

-Brant

+Quote Post
Blackh
post May 4 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 992

Uhm. Maybe you haven't noticed but 6 people play nexus now a days!

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 4 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

QUOTE (Brant @ May 4 2009, 11:26 AM) *
I think the lack of participation has to do with the fact that in order to do well in a CoC, you must have two things. 1: Good gear, if not the best gear possible for your level. 2: A good team. Because it's so easy to get stats these days with the levels 6/7 training grounds, players don't really stay at lower level stats very long. Also, many players have began to shy away from PK simply because there are so many unregulated hackers. Players that use illegal programs, kbk, scripts, macros, and other various 3rd party programs that allow them to have a huge advantage over other teams.

To some, it's simply not worth their time, knowing that they're just going to go in there and get destroyed by another team that's geared and all of them are hacking.

The only CoC I do anymore is Ancients, and that's only because I have a near maxed mage with decent gear, and well, mages are OP as [Content removed] in PK. PKing on a mage is by-far the easiest path to PK on. It's so freaking effortless.

I think if KRU stepped and actually dealt with the players that hack, or at least design some sort of system to manage these vulnerabilities in the client, I think a lot of players would go back to PKing.

-Brant

Yeah, no kidding. I won't mention WHO specifically cause it really doesn't matter on this point but on ventrilo someone who I PK'd against openly admitted to macroing and scripting. When questioned as to why they use macros and all that other [Content removed] their excuse was "It's so easy to, so why not?".

Mages are just rigged when it comes to PKing. All you basically have to do is hold asv on you and your poet and you won't die unless you sit there like a duck and get surrounded.

People can get WAY too high AC now a day and it's just getting ridiculous. If winroute and blason were to go to a CoC who is really going to compete against that? Their stats are too high and their gear is too good. Even though they aren't actually the best team they will still win.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brant
post May 4 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Destyn @ May 4 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Yeah, no kidding. I won't mention WHO specifically cause it really doesn't matter on this point but on ventrilo someone who I PK'd against openly admitted to macroing and scripting. When questioned as to why they use macros and all that other [Content removed] their excuse was "It's so easy to, so why not?".

Mages are just rigged when it comes to PKing. All you basically have to do is hold asv on you and your poet and you won't die unless you sit there like a duck and get surrounded.

People can get WAY too high AC now a day and it's just getting ridiculous. If winroute and blason were to go to a CoC who is really going to compete against that? Their stats are too high and their gear is too good. Even though they aren't actually the best team they will still win.

Ultimately, I think it would be nice to have balancers (like in Crusades) for all of the Carnage of Champions levels. It would be very easy to do, even with the set up that the carnage department has now. I say easy, but the more I think about it, the more complex it could get, and honestly, additions to the Carnage system isn't really a top priority at the moment.

-Brant

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post May 4 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #7

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

I normally would be an avid PKer, going to all of the tournaments, but I can't stand logging on Nexus anymore.

I thought this Blood-war thing would be fun, and maybe it is for the rest of the people, but there's just something missing for me. Nexus just isn't that fun anymore, so I haven't been playing at all.

Maybe I'm not the only one? It's just not worth getting treated like crap by not just Kru, but so many organizations in Nexus, to keep up my Nexus hobbies.

-Gorg

+Quote Post
Cadre
post May 4 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Enchanted

Member No.: 6,538

I enjoy the 2v2 tournaments. None of this 3v3 or 4v4 junk.
It was cool back when you had the CoC being 5v5, Masai being 3v3, and KSGs being 2v2.
Now it's all 3v3.

+Quote Post
Obduracy
post May 4 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #9

Enchanted

Member No.: 12,735
Characters: Obduracy, Obstinacy, GooGooDoLL, BloodyAPM

the times are bad. I went to a Legends COC and it was only 3 teams if you can call the 3rd a team. I enjoyed the KSG Tournaments and Do Masais and COCs in the past and its a shame that participation was so low they canceled the vintage COC in January. That's ok, because I believe even though I lost my COC in December against Shuzu, Legends is all about items anyways. I don't want to go to some tournament with item/spell restrictions. Who's ever heard of Vintage Ancients? So lame, I would imagine that to disallow Axe spell, no vortex items, no sub accessories. (Ancients still has good turnout because there isn't this restriction)
It's sad to know that for buff people that there's low participation for those as well. I have no desire to enter the Celestials COC because Magicelement and Yumcha and Cadre will own me so bad. I don't think I'm the only 1 who feels that way about Celestials.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 4 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Obduracy @ May 4 2009, 09:23 PM) *
It's sad to know that for buff people that there's low participation for those as well. I have no desire to enter the Celestials COC because Magicelement and Yumcha and Cadre will own me so bad. I don't think I'm the only 1 who feels that way about Celestials.

MagicElement and Yumcha aren't even good. The only reason MagicElement gets kills is because he constantly dozes the poet and goes after the fighter. Last time he tried to to smack in a dis/sc only duel he got his ass handed to him 4-0. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
azncloudboi
post May 4 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #11

Enchanted

Member No.: 83

Personally, I just don't find PKing worth it anymore. Just doesn't seem fun to me.

Getting poeted from poets that sucks is why I don't go to BL's anymore. Carnage, I would go just for the short PK fun and prize.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 4 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (azncloudboi @ May 4 2009, 11:46 PM) *
Personally, I just don't find PKing worth it anymore. Just doesn't seem fun to me.

Getting poeted from poets that sucks is why I don't go to BL's anymore. Carnage, I would go just for the short PK fun and prize.

Amen, I rarely goto a bloodlust (Anymore) unless I have Deviance with me or if I go with a friend who is a poet and I know is decent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Conro
post May 5 2009, 01:32 AM
Post #13

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

PK in TK these days sucks. It's not fun anymore. These things have been left uncheck, both in PK and Hunting, and it's disenfranchising a lot of people, including me. I've played WoW more for PK in the past week than I have TK in the past year.

Carnage wise:
- You can't Pestilence yourself
- You can't hit people out of sleep
- Buff mages are extremely over powered

Overall PK wise:
- Hacks/Scripts unchecked.

Hunting wise:
- Weak rogues suck. Period.
- Buff warriors rule all hunting grounds
- Sa san was a huge bust
- Diviners rule hunting for buff mages

The game is getting stale, except in the RP realm. Mug doesn't seem to care though.

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"

+Quote Post
Obduracy
post May 5 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #14

Enchanted

My mage who's maxed mana for Celestials goes mostly to TAG Riches because I don't even think that Celestials is that fun anymore. Its weird how Mage is my favorite path to hunt with but I hate pking as 1. I cannot own Magicelement I've tried I just suck as a pk mage.

One of the suggestions I made to Ouned was he should hold his own tournaments besides just archery. It would be the Molghi battles and archery marks could probably be awarded in the meantime until they get a pk event mark. Everyone would be wielding bows, so no shields, no other weapons allowed. Everyone would get a sleep arrow quiver or 2 for match or something along those lines.

Also, I think if there was involvement on Kru's part to hold a tournament for 1 of a kind useful stuff, it would really help out the pk aspect to these tournaments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rachel
post May 5 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #15

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

QUOTE (Conro @ May 5 2009, 01:32 AM) *
PK in TK these days sucks.

*TK these days sucks.

There's no use going into why, because it's already been said hundreds of times. Kru/Mug just don't seem willing to listen or care.

Activity keeps dropping, but they still can't admit the truth to themselves. I log into NF about 3 times a day, but only log into TK about once a week. Maybe they just don't care, since we're still registered. But you would think that a company would be looking to expand, rather than stay where it's at.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 5 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #16

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Obduracy @ May 5 2009, 04:05 AM) *
Also, I think if there was involvement on Kru's part to hold a tournament for 1 of a kind useful stuff, it would really help out the pk aspect to these tournaments.

Problem is, it would be the people that use scripts/macros that would be winning this. The only way I would like to see this actually happen is if they cracked down on hackers.

Oh, and Conro you can hit people out of sleep in carnages. Once they are slept you could technically vita attack them and they would die.

KRU made a big mistake when they made it so pestilence/vex/scourge and everything in between can be fixed with JUST atone. They picked the wrong "dream" come true.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aceupmysleeve
post May 5 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #17

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,406
Characters: wtsmyidentity

sounds like additions mug made that he thought players were biased about and didn't know what they were talking about turned out to actually ruin the pk element to the game.

cool beans.

+Quote Post
Ganjakahn
post May 5 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 870
Characters: Ganjakahn, Xuzun, Shamen, Evildeity, Xunn, KattWilliams, MrClinton, MrFoxHunt, MastaUzi- Many more

PKing sucks with the people using macros and stuff. You have people with dis/sc macs, double hf, auto asv, auto heal-out, and tons of others. It just takes the fun out of it.

+Quote Post
Obduracy
post May 5 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #19

Enchanted

Gee I had always thought that atone was supposed to remove scourge and anything less than it. It's not? I wouldn't have changed it either way but 1 of my biggest gripes is not being able to pest myself on my mage which has kind of ruined it for me, so I don't play my mage that much anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 5 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #20

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Obduracy @ May 5 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Gee I had always thought that atone was supposed to remove scourge and anything less than it. It's not? I wouldn't have changed it either way but 1 of my biggest gripes is not being able to pest myself on my mage which has kind of ruined it for me, so I don't play my mage that much anymore.

Atone used to ONLY remove scourge. Pestilence/snare couldn't be removed without dispell. Vex/tripwire cannot be removed without unvex.

Now atone removes everything including curses from weapons like forsaken blade, cursed blade, etc.

I just wish that archons and people that made suggestions to mug for improvements in the game actually KNEW what they were talking about. DarkMaverick claims he used to send in the good dream requests to mug. DarkMaverick wasn't much of a PKer and really didn't know all that much about it. It doesn't make sense to me that he would be one of the few people that mug would actually look at what they have to say when looking for improvements PK wise.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:52 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.