IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Best Representations Of, Each Subpath!
The Best Representatioins of Each Subpath!
HELLO
I AM GOING TO VOTE ON ONE OR MORE SUBPATHS! YOU'RE WELCOME, KILLEH. [ 25 ] ** [75.76%]
I AM NOT GOING TO VOTE, BUT THAT'S OKAY, I'M NOT A JERK. [ 8 ] ** [24.24%]
Total Votes: 33
Guests cannot vote 
Killeh
post Oct 20 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #1

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 148

Hello I am Killeh smile.gif as you may or may not know, I draw portraits and I'd like to do a painting
(big enough to fit a widescreen monitor's wallpaper) of some of the community! I'd like to include
one of each subpath, including NPC subpaths, so that's 16 people (perhaps with the royals, just for
fun[THE GHOST OF KIJA PAST WOOOoooOOooOOo]).

Please vote for one-three people for each category. They do NOT have to be the current or past elders
or guides, but I'd prefer that even if they are not registered that they are still in the path. I would
ask that you choose the best representation of each path and if you can't think of that, then please
choose who you think is the most famous (good/bad/neutral) or your favorites, or just whomever you
like (even yourself!), but realize that I WILL need a screenshot of the person or a very good description
(I can also use the "internet archive" if I have to).

EDIT: If you don't want other people to see your vote, you my PM or Nmail me your votes <3
EDIT 2: Please only choose people for the following Subpaths as the rest have been decided upon
and I am happy with the vote numbers on the chosen people. As much as I'd like to, I can
not please everyone, so I'm sorry if you super-disagree with the chosen people. If you
can rally enough people to change a subpath's representative, then go for it, but I will NOT
change Muse or Geomancer.

Thank you! biggrin.gif

~* Killeh
General of Buya
`Oracle of Dice

You may choose someone not on the following list for the three Subpaths, but I am not interested in other Subpaths at the moment.
---------------------------------------------------

Chung Ryong:
Calmwind, SourApple, YangZ,
BWENARU, KaNaK, SparkyD

Hyun Moo:
spinkns, Negai, Gemballa,
Zippey, Healingbabe, HealPLZ,
TwistedTCK, Valandil, Tzara

Baekho:
SinJackal, Maki, BornToRide, Calavoz,
Triplekia, SxyMail, Castleberry, ShinI,
dj, XMorphX,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hatiki
post Oct 20 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #2

General of Koguryo Army
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 491
Characters: Hatiki

So for my vote, I wrote down more than one name. Also some of the people in my vote are no longer around, but I felt they represented their path well.

Warrior Subpaths

Barbarian: xItachix

Chung Ryong: No idea dont care

Do: Charmie

Chongun: SilentS, Guldar, Masra

Poet Subpaths

Druid: Supply, Foxfire

Hyun Moo: Dont care

Monk: Berig

Muse: Lokira, Kiyone, Skademon

Mage Subpaths

Diviner: Sarina or Gull

Geomancer: Thebestmage or Quellious

Jujak: Dont care

Shaman: Widget, Crovax, Hooje, Humma, Izabella, Wasse

Rogue Subpaths

Baekho: Dont care

Merchant: everclear, Living, Paladino

Ranger: Valdessi

Spy: Hobart, SpyvSpy, Rhetoric, Reiko, Thou, Yoshiku

--------------------
"Conspiracy, scandals, truths and slight truths."

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Oct 20 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Il san
Group Icon

Thanks, Hatiki <3 I should say that I'm not sure I'm going to o the NPC subpaths because it's too difficult to really pick one :S

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 20 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

Barbarian: LocoSam, Winder, MPython, Hance, Thog
Do: Keely
Chongun: Madog, Taijin, Liadriel, Calmwind (though he might be a great C.Ryong pick)
Diviner: Sarina
Druid: Supply, Xenic
Geomancer: Leodaris
Merchant: Ilios, Paladino, Everclear
Monk: Janken
Muse: Lokira, Lloexis, Genji
Ranger: Valdessi, Darken (Should be Citian)
Spy: Chongun, SpyvsSpy, Arkanis (you can use his new char)
Shaman: Wildhair (lol. I picked her just because you'd have to draw fat lol)

I just thought these people represent their paths the best and are the most noteable. I know I am going to get some flack for some of them but I think people like Ilios, Janken (I didn't even put Berig), and Sarina perfectly represented the ideology of their paths in the hayday and are by far the most noteable. For paths with multi-entrees I focused on the most famous or the people (like in Hance' case) that represent some idea or principle of the path in everything they do.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 20 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #5

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (Killeh @ Oct 20 2010, 09:35 AM) *
I should say that I'm not sure I'm going to o the NPC subpaths because it's too difficult to really pick one :S

Easy NPC Warrior pick: KaNaK.

I've never been in any PC paths and, at the risk of not only sounding conceited, but more importantly, sounding solman-ish, I'm the most skilled Warrior to ever play the game.

...Though you can't exactly tell right now because of my 15kbps cell phone GPRS 'kanaktion' (shout out to my nikka, Sweeney!). laugh.gif

Not to mention, my pixels are deadly sexy. sleep.gif

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 20 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Ee san
Group Icon

No offense to Kanak, because I think you do have a point (same with DaKowe or whatever that dudes name is, DarkMaverick etc) but depending on how you'd classify Calmwind, I think he might be the defacto choice. I know he was a Chongun, but for most people during the "prime" of Nexus he was probably the most famous Nexus person of all and during much of this stage was a Chung Ryong.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skum
post Oct 20 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #7

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

Muse: Lokira

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corath
post Oct 20 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 31
Characters: Corath, Halanna, Aemon, CorJr

QUOTE (Skum @ Oct 20 2010, 02:47 PM) *

I can't agree more. She was my guide when I had my Muse, and was by far the absolute best ever.

It's been a while for me, but I can remember these...

Diviner: xKianax, Kielara, Airess, Elyra, Laren, Zario
Geomancer: Runai
Shaman: Crovax, SilentJoe, Yeas, ColbyCC
Barbarian: Wimp, ChronicKilla
Do: Yari
Chongun: SilentS, Guldar
Merchant: everclear, Baltzen
Monk: Berig, Janken

--------------------
I play World of Warcraft. Thrall-NA server, Horde faction.

Corath's Blog - randomness about World of Warcraft and beyond.

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Oct 20 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Il san
Group Icon

thanks everyone so far! I've also already chosen Lokira and Leodaris for Muse and Geomancer, so you don't have to bother voting there anymore. Still gonna take a few more and then I'll see which has the most. Mostly, I'm trying to get up to 5 votes on each winner

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 20 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

make sure to make an easter egg with like the shadow of citian or something in place of the shadow for whichever Ranger you choose,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winder
post Oct 20 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #11

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8
Characters: Winder

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Oct 20 2010, 02:07 PM) *
Barbarian: LocoSam, Winder, MPython, Hance, Thog
Do: Keely
Chongun: Madog, Taijin, Liadriel, Calmwind (though he might be a great C.Ryong pick)
Druid: Supply, Xenic
Merchant: Ilios, Paladino, Everclear
Monk: Janken
Muse: Lokira, Lloexis, Genji
Ranger: Valdessi, Darken (Should be Citian)
Spy: Chongun, SpyvsSpy, Arkanis (you can use his new char)
Shaman: Wildhair (lol. I picked her just because you'd have to draw fat lol)

I just thought these people represent their paths the best and are the most noteable. I know I am going to get some flack for some of them but I think people like Ilios, Janken (I didn't even put Berig), and Sarina perfectly represented the ideology of their paths in the hayday and are by far the most noteable. For paths with multi-entrees I focused on the most famous or the people (like in Hance' case) that represent some idea or principle of the path in everything they do.

I can already sense YanDaMan's snide remarks smile.gif, perhaps I should make a Diviner tongue.gif

However, Killeh thought I represented the Barbarians so well that she drew me as soon as she saw your vote! It's your lucky day:

(I tried to avoid using any current elders, but I like Soleil too much to leave her off tongue.gif)

Barbarian: SilentNights with a Brew, LocoSam
Do: Rallos, Keely
Chongun: SilentS, DarkMaverick, GildenStar (not separately, all three as ONE picture)

Geomancer: Leodaris, Khyree
Diviner: Sarina, Mizu
Shaman: BeffyCabeza (with me), JaydePhoenix, Wildhair, Worldwalker

Ranger: Valdessi, RiaDora
Spy: Phalance, Chongun, Interstate
Merchant: Living, Everclear

Muse: Soleil
Monk: Janken, Berig
Druid: Shyloh

--------------------
"He who stands against the Horde,
shall stand no more" - Winder, The Merciless.
Those who share my blood and stand with Honor
and Courage, only they may call me brother.

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Aug 8 2010, 03:29 AM) *
Well, I guess I'm wrong then.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 20 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #12

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Oct 20 2010, 02:44 PM) *
No offense to Kanak, because I think you do have a point (same with DaKowe or whatever that dudes name is, DarkMaverick etc) but depending on how you'd classify Calmwind, I think he might be the defacto choice. I know he was a Chongun, but for most people during the "prime" of Nexus he was probably the most famous Nexus person of all and during much of this stage was a Chung Ryong.

I understand where you're coming from, but I have to say I disagree, and it's not due to the obvious reason of you not picking me (HOW COULD YOU NOT PICK ME!? mad.gif [/sarcasm]).

For one, I personally think Nexus' "prime" occured a little later than you believe; Calmwind being there for part of it. In my opinion, that era began when Calmwind was already well established as the strongest player in the game, and all that was really seen of him were small glimpses and all that was really heard about him were the trivia-type statements of fact regarding his rank on the Power list. I've played since right after beta, and maybe it was due to my being young at the time, but I enjoyed it more later on and viewed Nexus at its best when PK was at an all-time high, before players got so dispersed in stats, and before the invasion merger of the Indonesian player-base from Nexia. Nonetheless, when Nexus' golden era occured is subjective and a whole different topic unto itself.

Secondly, I'd like to point out, and I've already touched on this, that Calmwind was basically ONLY known, i.e. "the most famous Nexus person of all" for being the top-stats player. Granted, I'm not known for that much in comparison, but if just holding the title of "Nexus' Buffest Player" is the criteria we're considering for the best representation of their path, then why not tack on Shans, Roboter, Ellone, winroute, SuWaN, Chebaky, SinJackal, etc to the list. I guess you could fit it into the "roleplay" of Chung Ryong (AKA Fury/Assault/Barrage/Champion) that if you're the strongest you best represent it, but that's a long stretch to be honest.

P.S. DaKowe or DarkMaverick? They totally don't fit into the point I was making. I was highlighting the importance of finesse and talent in combat and the natural ability to kill, since that's effectively what a Chung Ryong represents; perfection in the execution of a warrior's job -- to execute. Both of the examples you gave in relation to my point did not excel in that arena, literally. Now, I realize that may not have been the original role-play ideology of the totem, but that is what Nexus's Chung Ryong's represented since day one and that is still the measure they stand against today. DaKowe and DM were, at most and I don't mean to rag on or offend them, mediocre warriors. Not only that, but DM is most notable as a Chongun and, though in recent years he was unable to do so, I believe he still represents and distinguishes with that path best. You know what they say, "You can take the kid out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the kid." I'll leave it to him to say whether or not I'm right about that though, I don't want to speak on his behalf.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 20 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #13

Ee san
Group Icon

this is not the [Content removed]ing day time emmys but lets agree to disagree.

Sidenote: DM was such a chungy ryungy that he even went so far as to make a website just for Chung Ryongs to be as cool as him.

Which reminds me, DDarkstorm could very well be my Diviner pick if not for Sarina being such an interesting character

--------------------

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Oct 21 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #14

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Winder @ Oct 20 2010, 07:01 PM) *
I can already sense YanDaMan's snide remarks smile.gif, perhaps I should make a Diviner tongue.gif

However, Killeh thought I represented the Barbarians so well that she drew me as soon as she saw your vote! It's your lucky day:

(I tried to avoid using any current elders, but I like Soleil too much to leave her off tongue.gif)

Barbarian: SilentNights with a Brew, LocoSam
Do: Rallos, Keely
Chongun: SilentS, DarkMaverick, GildenStar (not separately, all three as ONE picture)

Geomancer: Leodaris, Khyree
Diviner: Sarina, Mizu
Shaman: BeffyCabeza (with me), JaydePhoenix, Wildhair, Worldwalker

Ranger: Valdessi, RiaDora
Spy: Phalance, Chongun, Interstate
Merchant: Living, Everclear

Muse: Soleil
Monk: Janken, Berig
Druid: Shyloh

Winder I drew that like 4 years ago :I

Also, I already have Muse, Monk, Diviner, Geomancer, Druid, Ranger, and Spy picked out. So vote on the rest! Tomorrow I will give you some options to vote on, and I may or may not do the NPC subpaths because it's hard to pick them

+Quote Post
Hatiki
post Oct 21 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #15

General of Koguryo Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 491
Characters: Hatiki

When you have all the representations, please post who will represent each path smile.gif

--------------------
"Conspiracy, scandals, truths and slight truths."

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Oct 21 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #16

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Warrior Subpaths

Barbarian: jorde/Mountie (nothing was more frightening when someone called in jorde to sire)

Chung Ryong: Calmwind (sure he started out Chongun, but he was the ultimate embodiment of what Rage 6 meant)

Do: SoulHunter/Burnout (Burnout had amazing PK ability that made use of the path spells like no one else)

Chongun: Ssbulldoga/Mitchel (classic sire Chonguns)

Poet Subpaths

Druid: Never really knew any that well. Tyania maybe?

Hyun Moo: Healingbabe/HealPLZ/TwistedTCK (these were people that made an impact wherever they were)

Monk: Janken/Devion

Muse: Bronwyn (the ultimate Muse)

Mage Subpaths

Diviner: Gull (the only Diviner I even acknowledge of being worth my time and called friend)

Geomancer: MadamEdea (probably one of the most hated people at one point, gotta give it to her for standing her ground)

Jujak: Skys (Really lived up to the title Force)

Shaman: Looking at the previous lists, almost embarrassing. Wasse/LoO are the pinnacle Shamans. SilentJoe for currently active. On a side note, Shans/Melfy/Nitehawk will for simple being the most known at a point when Shamans were the strongest mages.

Rogue Subpaths

Baekho: Castleberry/ShinI/dj (Castle actually RP'd the path)

Merchant: Demolish

Ranger: Anguish/Cable

Spy: SpyvsSpy/Arkanis/Vladd/Chongun (just based on the history I had with some or fact of how legendary were the rest)

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 21 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #17

Ee san
Group Icon

damn yeas those are some great suggestions

I forgot all about ShinI, Mountie, Jorde.

I still don't get why I'm the only one giving Madog any love. The [Content removed] had one of if not the most epic parts in Nexus history ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Oct 21 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #18

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

I think I'll just do the one person for each path who I thought was the "greatest" of all time when you add up all different kinds of factors. I know some of these paths are already picked out but what the hell tongue.gif

Warrior Subpaths

Barbarian: MPython
Chung Ryong: Calmwind
Do: OblivioN
Chongun: Taijin

Poet Subpaths

Druid: Xenic
Hyun Moo: Valandil
Monk: Devion

Mage Subpaths

Jujak: Nitehawk
Shaman: JaydePhoenix

Rogue Subpaths

Baekho: ShinI
Merchant: Warik
Ranger: Valdessi
Spy: Chongun

I refuse to vote for myself as the best representative of the Merchants, but I appreciate everyone who thought to put me down more than you guys know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Laren
post Oct 21 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #19

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Not many good ones left, but I suppose I'll weigh in... For those I didn't weigh in on, those already chosen, I'd go with what Falaris said except I'd do RiaDora for Rangers instead of Valdessi and Janken for Monk instead of Devion. In fact, I'd go with all of Falaris' choices except those two, except that many of those people don't play anymore, so it might be hard to draw them.

Warrior Subpaths

Barbarian: Winder or Wimp

Chung Ryong: Sparkyd

Do: MythicTenchi or Charmie

Chongun: SilentS

Poet Subpaths

Hyun Moo: Tzara

Mage Subpaths

Jujak: Najun or xTHUNDERx

Shaman: JaydePhoenix, Izabella or Hooje

Rogue Subpaths

Baekho: XMorphX

Merchant: Beilek or Living

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Oct 21 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #20

Il san
Group Icon

EDIT: Please only vote for ONE of the people listed for each
category. Voting for more than one does not really help >_o
Italicized Subpaths/member are the final choices (unless another
person gets a LOT of votes for someone else)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! As you can see, I have chosen a few of the
subpath representatives already by amounts of votes.
If you would, please vote on who is left so I may
begin this mural soon!

~* Killeh
General of Buya
`Oracle of Dice

(( Names with a - in front of them are the final choices. All of the NPC subpath representative nominees are like, tied or close to it, so I put everyone in there. The rest had at least 4-5 votes for their subpath. ))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warrior:

Barbarian: Wimp, XItachiX, Winder

Chung Ryong: Calmwind, SourApple, YangZ,
BWENARU, KaNaK, SparkyD

Do: Charmie, Keely

- Chongun: SilentS

Poet:

- Druid: Healerofdoom

Hyun Moo: spinkns, Negai, Gemballa,
Zippey, Healingbabe, HealPLZ,
TwistedTCK, Valandil, Tzara

- Monk: Berig

- Muse: Lokira

Mage:

- Diviner: Sarina

- Geomancer: Leodaris

Jujak: Subchess, LotusTree, Tonberry,
MultiDragon, Xoran, Skys, Nitehawk,
Najun, xTHUNDERx,

- Shaman: Hooje

Rogue:

Baekho: SinJackal, Maki, BornToRide, Calavoz,
Triplekia, SxyMail, Castleberry, ShinI,
dj, XMorphX,

Merchant: Living, Everclear, Warik

- Ranger: Riadora

- Spy: Chongun (changed after getting a lot of votes after the fact)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:35 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.