IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free To Play?
F2P
Do you think Nexus should go F2P?
Yes [ 32 ] ** [88.89%]
No [ 4 ] ** [11.11%]
If you no longer play, would Nexus being free make you more likely to come back?
Yes [ 15 ] ** [41.67%]
No [ 2 ] ** [5.56%]
I still play [ 13 ] ** [36.11%]
Maybe if combined with other changes [ 6 ] ** [16.67%]
If you currently play, would Nexus going F2P make you more likely to quit?
Yes [ 1 ] ** [2.78%]
No [ 20 ] ** [55.56%]
I don't play anymore [ 15 ] ** [41.67%]
If Nexus goes F2P, should the item shop include useful items?
Yes [ 16 ] ** [44.44%]
No [ 12 ] ** [33.33%]
I don't care [ 8 ] ** [22.22%]
If Nexus goes F2P with useful items in the item shop, how likely are you to spend money in the item shop?
Very likely [ 9 ] ** [25.00%]
Somewhat likely [ 8 ] ** [22.22%]
I don't know [ 3 ] ** [8.33%]
Unlikely [ 6 ] ** [16.67%]
Not a chance [ 4 ] ** [11.11%]
I don't play anymore [ 6 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
Laren
post Dec 6 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 70

Well, we have a community board post for discussion but I'm curious what the actual numbers are on these questions. So please answer the poll. You can comment in this thread too if you want, but we already have a community board post for that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mazel
post Dec 6 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 150

Nexus might be more fun with more players on, but I think if it were free the amount of players that would flock would cause problems with the community and servers. I would probably play more if I didn't have to pay and especially if elixirs became more populated, but it might ruin the game for some people*.

*Roleplayers, snoddy people, and Teragg might have an aneurism.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Loxie
post Dec 6 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #3

Level 99

Group: Nexus Atlas Reporters
Member No.: 1,505
Characters: Loxie

QUOTE (Mazel @ Dec 6 2012, 08:12 PM) *
Nexus might be more fun with more players on, but I think if it were free the amount of players that would flock would cause problems with the community and servers. I would probably play more if I didn't have to pay and especially if elixirs became more populated, but it might ruin the game for some people*.

*Roleplayers, snoddy people, and Teragg might have an aneurism.

Why would a larger population ruin the game for roleplayers?

+Quote Post
Scruffy
post Dec 8 2012, 06:41 AM
Post #4

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 67,450

I definitely do not think something such as experience-boosts should be added to the item shop. This would just turn the game into a pay-to-win game. A game like league of legends can do something like that because there is an end to leveling. Nexus technically has no end to leveling, and anyone that doesn't pay for experience boosts will go slower, creating an imbalance and somewhat unfairness.

+Quote Post
SilentJoe
post Dec 10 2012, 02:50 AM
Post #5

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,042

If Nexus went F2P, and if they started advertising, they would be faced with a massive influx of players. Such an increase would force them to almost completely overhaul several systems they have in place. F2P games that have any success generally have several servers to accommodate the massive amount of players they have subscribing. Even if this is something that KRU is either incapable of or unwilling to do, they would still have to add more support for general inquiries, technical support, and justice issues.

As KRU is set up now, they don't have to hire people to do most of that work, they can source employees from the game itself and pay them absolutely nothing. This is infinitely easier than increasing the number of paid staff.

I was going to elaborate further, but I'm tired so I'll just say this. KRU can either be lazy and change nothing, take no risk and make no more profits and slowly watch their game fizzle out - or they can take a risk and improve their infrastructure, go F2P, advertise, and potentially breathe new life back into one of the oldest online RPGs with one of the more passionate communities out there.

Knowing KRU, I'd say we're probably all dead. I hope they prove me wrong.

+Quote Post
Loxie
post Dec 10 2012, 03:57 AM
Post #6

Level 99

Group: Nexus Atlas Reporters
Member No.: 1,505
Characters: Loxie

I like your words, Joe.. But mostly because they come from you!

Even if Nexus went f2p, they wouldn't have to completely change it. People would still be willing to be drudges for Nexus even if they didn't have to pay to do so.

And yes, Nexus is probably doomed. However! On the Dreams board Aeons suggested we send tickets to Kru on the subject if we want our opinions to be heard. I'd say it's good advice. I should probably update that..

+Quote Post
Songa
post Dec 11 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #7

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

I can only see KRU making Nexus F2P if there is another game out there that steals their players away. Then they'd basically be forced to find a way to bring players back. As it is right now, Nexus is a cash cow and it always has been.

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Dec 23 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #8

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

Yes Nexus should be F2P.

Yes cash shop should contain useful items to give people incentive to buy that arent just cosmetics. Its how every other successful free MMO's make money.

No I wont return. Game will still be ass even if its free.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:12 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.