Songa
post Aug 4 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the old map maker. (The one that we're allowed to use.)

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Aug 4 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

I think you're not allowed to use any of them unless it's given to you by Kru..

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Aug 7 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #3

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

Here you go.

http://www.falaris.com/englishmapeditor.zip

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Aug 7 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #4

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

Too bad you didn't ask me two days ago I deleted the one I had with the 6.0 graphics.

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Aug 8 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

Something with 6.x graphics in it wouldn't be the 'legit' version. Kru lets people submit maps (for subpaths and clans) using the old map maker which I suppose sort of makes it legitimate. It's really screwy.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Aug 8 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #6

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

The hoopla I was given, no version of the mapmaker was suppose to get out to general use outside of selected people, however Kru knows the old 4.0 version is widely available, so they accepted that fact. That is the only version they allow anybody to submit anything with. If you use the 5.0 or later maps, you will be rejected automatically (unless you pull strings). Their excuse is it has something to do with their agreement with Nexon. Even if 5.0 is available due to some past archons sharing it. The 6.0 that is available is the baram one, no idea if Kru's has any changes made to it or not, not like it even matters at this point. Kru claims that it is only for their staff only to use.

*shrugs*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Songa
post Aug 9 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #7

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

Thank you, Falaris!

Here is a question for everyone~
Do you think that if I took screenshots of random stuff in Nexus, and then pieced them together to form a map, KRU would accept it?

I just hate not knowing what my map is actually going to look like.

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Aug 9 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

I think that's how most people do it actually.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Aug 10 2011, 05:54 AM
Post #9

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Make your map on the old mapmaker then submit a spliced screenshot of what you are hoping for is allowed. Most times it is easier having it that way than try to explain up the chain of command on what you want and still have them screw it up.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Aug 10 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #10

Oh san
Group Icon

The 6.0 one for Baram got out? Would someone send this to me please?

And you're welcome Songa. What SilentS said about making a normal base map in the map editor and then photoshopping in the special graphics you want is how I did it. To be exact, I also gave the tile coordinates I wanted each graphic placed on in a separate text file.

I guess you could also make one pieced together from screenshots (I don't know their current rules), but then you are leaving a lot of the map's creation in the hands of an archon and it will take them a lot longer to make a whole new map rather than just adding in some special graphics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Aug 11 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #11

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

QUOTE (Falaris @ Aug 10 2011, 12:56 PM) *
The 6.0 one for Baram got out? Would someone send this to me please?

And you're welcome Songa. What SilentS said about making a normal base map in the map editor and then photoshopping in the special graphics you want is how I did it. To be exact, I also gave the tile coordinates I wanted each graphic placed on in a separate text file.

I guess you could also make one pieced together from screenshots (I don't know their current rules), but then you are leaving a lot of the map's creation in the hands of an archon and it will take them a lot longer to make a whole new map rather than just adding in some special graphics.

I don't know if there is a Baram one available but when Runegard was first starting out they put up a map maker with 6.0 graphics and I downloaded it. Shortly later they removed it from public access. blink.gif

I'd love to see a Baram one. laugh.gif Maybe i'll look for one since theres already dozens of baram private servers..

+Quote Post
MistPrince
post Aug 13 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #12

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 324

I never understood why people just didn't create their version of the map in the updated map maker(illegitimate use one) take a screen shot of it and submit that? (Ohi, I pieced it together like a pro, kthxbai)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the REAL reason they don't want 6.0 in peoples hands is because they want to contain the "mystique" of the maps without releasing all the possible a/b/c tiles. Not like we can't just go to Baram and look at it anyway.

Blah blah blah..why am I even on these forums..o.o

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Aug 14 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #13

Oh san
Group Icon

Ah yeah, I have the Runegard map editor (well, at least one of them).

Mist, I'd do that, but the Nexus map maker is just so much quicker and easier to use for me. I only use the Runegard editor to take pictures of the things I want to photoshop in. Generally speaking for doing real maps that will be in Nexus, I'd rather not use that editor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistPrince
post Aug 26 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #14

Level 5

QUOTE (Falaris @ Aug 14 2011, 10:11 PM) *
Ah yeah, I have the Runegard map editor (well, at least one of them).

Mist, I'd do that, but the Nexus map maker is just so much quicker and easier to use for me. I only use the Runegard editor to take pictures of the things I want to photoshop in. Generally speaking for doing real maps that will be in Nexus, I'd rather not use that editor.

I'm confused by your statement. What I meant was, why don't people that have access to the Baram one(A.K.A - The most recent map maker used, not available for public consumption) use it to create a map, with updated graphics, and instead of being a retard and sending in the map file, take a SS of your created map, submit that, and just claim to be amazing at photoshop.

PM some kind of contact info, we'll talk. I may just be able to help you out. I rarely check this place out, but I'll try my best to get ahold of you. Or just gimme your AIM SN or something.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 27 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #15

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (MistPrince @ Aug 26 2011, 06:36 PM) *
I'm confused by your statement. What I meant was, why don't people that have access to the Baram one(A.K.A - The most recent map maker used, not available for public consumption) use it to create a map, with updated graphics, and instead of being a retard and sending in the map file, take a SS of your created map, submit that, and just claim to be amazing at photoshop.

He already said that he finds the old Nexus map-maker quicker and easier to use compared to the newer Baram/Runegard one(s).
Basically, using the old Nexus mapmaker and only pictures from newer mapmaker(s) is faster than using only the newer mapmaker(s) for him. For others, they might find the ease-and-speed-of-use to be equal, or even greater for the newer mapmaker(s).
I can't tell you which I find better, considering I've only ever used the old one... and I just don't care enough about Nexus to try any others. tongue.gif

By the way, hi everyone -- first time posting since before the start of the Libyan revolution. laugh.gif

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
MistPrince
post Aug 27 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #16

Level 5

That's why I'm confused. The new one and the old one, are the exact same, except there are way more tiles available. There is no difference in the actual program.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 27 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #17

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

In that case, I'd be confused as well. tongue.gif

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Aug 30 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #18

Oh san
Group Icon

Sorry, let me clarify: I didn't know people actually had the new Nexus-version map maker beyond the one everyone in the game already has.

So, when asked why I didn't use the newer map maker, I associated it with what I thought was the only map maker out there with the new tiles: one of the Runegard ones. As the RG one I have is such a pain in the ass to use compared to the real Nexon-created map maker, I'd rather just use the old graphics and photoshop in the few I want, rather than be stuck in the Runegard map maker to design with.

Of course, I'd love to use the Nexon-created map maker with the newest tileset files.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Sep 1 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #19

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

FYI - Runegard mapmaker, at least the version I have doesn't let you make new doors. You can only put new "skins" on old maps.

FYYI - All Nexus Atlas maps were made using screen shots. Why? Because I'm anal that way. Bleechh.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Moraghul
post Sep 2 2011, 02:46 PM
Post #20

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

Our mapmaker was basically pieced together in a day and is indeed extremely uneasy to use. It was simply necessary to get one quickly to create new content. It does let us use doors though oO (doors are just like any "objects" to the game, such as rocks and so on).

We do want to make a better one, and it's on the plans for our staff, but it doesn't take much priority to be perfectly honest smile.gif

Also, I doubt the official baram mapeditor is out there anywhere. When working on Exile, our contracts pretty much stipulated distribution of the server associated softwares (client image/text editors, mapmakers, etc) was a breach of contract and that we'd be sued if that happened willingly, or EVEN if the software happened to "leak" by mysterious coincidences.

The editor "everyone" uses was basically released by Fafnir and this was before such contracts had those clauses. The same happenned with the equivalent Baram Editor. Since 5.33-6.0, I am almost certain you will not find "any" official nexon mapmaker, and the only persons in TK having access to that are archons extremely high up the chain of command, who probably have to sign an NDA to get it.

They will probably not want to risk being sued just by distributing it to their friends.

And Ally, screenshots, ya right tongue.gif I hear opening .cmps on Aesir is helpful too ^^

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.