post Feb 28 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

--This is an editorial by the Editor-in-Chief of NexusAtlas--

With the recent fixes, and I use the term loosely, in this game, I take a look back at previous client updates and overhauls that have occurred.

Not since the 'Ambush bug' of 4.x has there been so many blatant problems with a client update or patch. With this recent patch, I have not only seen my character transform into a woman from the Sun armor's change from a manly physique to a widened hip, shapely bosom abomination.

Now, I could look past these minor graphical fixes, had it not been for the fixes on the only aspects of this game that even so much as keep me playing.

The 'Sleep' graphic is now giving rogues, and everyone else for that matter, trouble with player-killing. The graphic DOES NOT wear off when the spell is removed, making for confusion among all walks of life. Couple this with the inability to fix the 'Curse Identification puff of Smoke' which lingers above even invisible targets, and it makes for a useless spell. Invisible is no longer a guise for which a path can hide under, but a useless for show spell, used mostly for a good laugh.

So, I move on from Sire Pit, frustrated, and begin a hunt. To my surprise, I can't even hunt in the same method I had been, because if any visitor or curious soul dares enter the cave I'm spending my time in, any and all creatures which attract themselves to that target will instantly lock their experience award to that guest, and will continue to do so for an entire minute. If our guest is to leave the cave after realizing their 'mistake', if the creature is killed in that sixty-second span, the experience will be awarded to NO ONE.

So I log off, and come to my haven, NexusAtlas, frustrated and confused.

A topic of discussion has been opened on NexusForums for other angry patrons to vent or find a solution.

- Conro

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Dritz
post Feb 28 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

Now this isn't a defence to Kru but I think the experience bug'll be ironed out soon (how does a bug like that even happen?). The other stuff though is pretty valid.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
Nagnag
post Feb 28 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
From: Kugnae forever! Weapon: ** Black Thorn ** Armor: ** Black Tuxedo ** Shield: ** Dagger **
Member No.: 4

Exp bug fixed.
Graphical changes will be fixed soon mug says.
=)

--------------------
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Feb 28 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #4

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

I have yet to experience the same kind of pain others are going through - the only thing I've had the chance to witness was the new armor graphics.

Rogue (male) armor - needs to be fixed back to the original ASAP. (I find it funny how they decided to change THIS graphic before they change the Scale mail graphic.)
Drapery - Perfectly fine, IMO.
Garb - Looks too much like a Karate uniform. It would be fine if they made the garb more loose and not so tight against the body. The sleeves should be loose - I'm thinking something like the YeoSutZe/YilGopZe robe.

Mug also said that the Scale mail graphic is being worked on. I'd LIKE it to be the old graphic, but anything will do for me now.

As for the recent hunting updates, I can tell why people would be incredibly outraged by it. It works in my personal favor though, since I can leech my Poet much faster (not saying this is a good thing by any means). This is probably the #1 thing that needs to be changed back immediately - unless someone can come up with a good reason why it should say.

There's also another number of bugs/problems that need to be addressed - mug's already acknowledged them, so it'll just take some time before it can be restored.

Oh, and another thing - My Sorceror mantiya now matches my coat color perfectly. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to stay that way :(

+Quote Post
Hemp
post Feb 28 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Enchanted

Member No.: 759

This shouldn't even be called a patch.

The waistcoat change ticked me off when it was changed Yuris ago, but I could stand it. This new armor has to go, and soon I hope.

The question I have for Kru is why? What is the reason for this change and why is the Surge still f'ed up? The event is at a stand still and the simplest things are being pushed to the side.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitchou
post Feb 28 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #6

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 444

male rogues in female looking armor? CROSSDRESSING IN NEXUS?! GAME MEANT FOR 8 YEAR OLDS?!? GASP.

+Quote Post
Conro
post Feb 28 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #7

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

The experience bug is not fixed.

We just gated out of our hunt to go sell, and Three hellfired one of the creatures left over and got no experience because I was the first target it saw.

This is stupid.

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"

+Quote Post
Dannicus
post Feb 28 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 130

We've had FUBAR'd patches before. I'm sure things will clear up. Not that I care much, I've little time to devote to Nexus lately hhahahaha

--------------------
wish you liked boobies *sighs*

+Quote Post
Sebelle
post Feb 28 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #9

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

QUOTE(Hemp @ Feb 28 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]27666[/snapback]

The question I have for Kru is why? What is the reason for this change and why is the Surge still f'ed up? The event is at a stand still and the simplest things are being pushed to the side.

Surge is messed up, and always has been messed up (save for when it was undyed/normal like the Charm), because it doesn't take palette swaps well. The colors in the middle won't change. Of course, they could make a brand new weapon graphic for it...:x

I've always hated the blocky look of the rogue armor and mage garb, but I have to admit something is a bit odd for the new ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
naiobe
post Feb 28 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #10

Enchanted

Member No.: 14

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the new garbs? They don't look half bad imo.. and as a sidenote the female drapery graphic looks MUCH better.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Mar 1 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #11

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

In all fairness, I understand this is frustrating as a player, but what did you expect?

Let's be real, it was obviously not intentional for these bugs to come about. A few things were trying to be changed and instead it all resulted in the mess of this patch. This is not the first nor the last patch that Nexon/KRU has screwed up, I'm sure you are well aware of that.

The armor graphic changes were pretty dumb, agreed. Who knows what it was they tried to change that caused the side effect of the spell graphics not working properly, or the hunting experience for that matter? I wouldn't say these things were broken, but many things in Nexus are, did you consider that those may have intended to be fixed and instead you now feel the burden of this side effect? I highly doubt that the experience bug was a planned revision to Nexus.

I mean, its just shocking to see this for this game in particular. How long have you all been playing this game? Are you really that appalled and amazed that it happened? Give me a break.

I can't believe I'm defending KRU, but lets face it, they don't have the resources of any major MMO company and even major MMO companies have bugs with patch releases. While I have repeatedly stated I don't agree with the direction KRU and specifically mug has been taking Nexus, I at least completely respect they are putting forth some kind of effort which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for Eldridge.

I agree, its your playing time and two major aspects of what, sadly, most of the community enjoy now are quite dysfunctional (hunting and pvp), but it isn't the end of the world and I don't think it will be something that lingers very long either.

-Falaris

P.S.- If you want to complain, maybe complain about some of the very imbalanced items coming out into the game recently. I'm all for better weapons, but the stats I'm reading are just getting to a point of ridiculous. With the exception of very few items, stats need to be reduced across the board by 25-35% in my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post Mar 1 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

QUOTE(Falaris @ Mar 1 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]27681[/snapback]

In all fairness, I understand this is frustrating as a player, but what did you expect?

Let's be real, it was obviously not intentional for these bugs to come about. A few things were trying to be changed and instead it all resulted in the mess of this patch. This is not the first nor the last patch that Nexon/KRU has screwed up, I'm sure you are well aware of that.

The armor graphic changes were pretty dumb, agreed. Who knows what it was they tried to change that caused the side effect of the spell graphics not working properly, or the hunting experience for that matter? I wouldn't say these things were broken, but many things in Nexus are, did you consider that those may have intended to be fixed and instead you now feel the burden of this side effect? I highly doubt that the experience bug was a planned revision to Nexus.

I mean, its just shocking to see this for this game in particular. How long have you all been playing this game? Are you really that appalled and amazed that it happened? Give me a break.

I can't believe I'm defending KRU, but lets face it, they don't have the resources of any major MMO company and even major MMO companies have bugs with patch releases. While I have repeatedly stated I don't agree with the direction KRU and specifically mug has been taking Nexus, I at least completely respect they are putting forth some kind of effort which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for Eldridge.

I agree, its your playing time and two major aspects of what, sadly, most of the community enjoy now are quite dysfunctional (hunting and pvp), but it isn't the end of the world and I don't think it will be something that lingers very long either.
-Falaris

P.S.- If you want to complain, maybe complain about some of the very imbalanced items coming out into the game recently. I'm all for better weapons, but the stats I'm reading are just getting to a point of ridiculous. With the exception of very few items, stats need to be reduced across the board by 25-35% in my opinion.

Ok, under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But when they put in patch after patch, and each patch ALWAYS has really annoying bugs that directly affect players, it's a problem. Especially now. What in the hell is even POSITIVE about this patch? Name me one. Then I'll name you 3x that (or more) that's bad. I can't even see one positive thing. That's when you know something isn't just wrong with a little over-seeing, it's them being careless.

Why doesn't Kru test ANYTHING? Get player feedback? They seem to just put the code in and release it without checking their work. It is not professional to have this many problems. It's rediculous. I just want to PK, I can't even do that. It's not some little problem that I can just adjust to and manipulate around it, I CAN'T PK.

:*)

P.S. - I can't get past the vine parts in kingdom hearts. sad.gif Today is a horrible day for gaming. /cry

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Mar 1 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #13

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

My point is not that KRU is in the right for not testing, I am not trying to make excuses for them. Just that first of all you shouldn't assume any of the bugs were actually intentional, and second that this shouldn't be some huge shock for you that once again they dropped the ball with a patch.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ffyll
post Mar 1 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #14

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,415
Characters: Ffyll

I'm not sure you can complain Kru messed up when patching, suggest they shouldn't have patched and then complain about old bugs too!

I am a little annoyed, sure - I'm having to re-download the whole client - but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. How do you want new content added to the game? tongue.gif

--------------------

What a great front you got here...
... with Ffyll
-- Moraghul, whilst hosting an insanity Bloodlust line-up, carefully examines the front lines!

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 1 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #15

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I'm checking my pulse because I agree with Falaris! The new items are severely over buffed. Come on, have you counted up the regen rate if you use all substratum items? If you are a poet, then you are practically a god! The new Angry Heart staff is a good step in the right direction!

I haven't seen a male armor so I can't say anything about that other than GET OVER YOURSELF! The mage wind dress has been <content deleted> from day one. The first graphic is that used for vortex dresses - looks like a sunsuit for a 9 month old toddler. The "new" wind graphic they "gave" us to make it better is the wind war dress but much uglier when worn. I refuse to wear mine. I'll stick with my sun dress all of the time! And what is the whole thing about making all females pigeon toed? Do all females have a vitamin D defiency? Suffer from rickets? What the hell were they thinking? So guys SUCK IT UP! Females have suffered from beta! Get over it or at least admit that others have it lots worse than you!

I have refused to log on after my first few minutes after the new patch. No invoke graphic is majorly annoying. Plus as has been said before, sleep/doze is a joke! People who hate polearms are probably laughing out of their <content deleted> now! Mages can pretty much forget about making sets. I hear the experience bug is already fixed but my god did they test it at all?

Now as a Nexus Atlas staff member I'm extremely annoyed by changes made even before the patch. With the patch now many of the graphics we've worked so hard to attain will have to be revised. That's an annoyance but to be expected. What really ticks me off is just as we are finally getting a decent database together, Mug decides to start naming multiple animals with the same name! I've written to him only to get his answer of, "to me a Lost Spirit is what they are. I not need say Lost Spirit pink snake. Look forward to more creature this way." So when we get the new creatures into the database on Nexus Atlas you will get made up names for them. Get used to that because we don't have an option of using Lost Spirit or Plant Attendant for more than one creature! While I love what mug has done in many things, this is not only going to impact my work for this site but it's going to impact all of you when trying to find information in the future. So in my own defense and in defense of my staff, I'll just say thank Mug for the confusion that will be coming in the future.

P.S. Does anyone besides me wonder how Mug who speaks so strangely has managed to make almost all of the new popups, dropped items and creature names to have correctly spelled names and use correct English? This is the game where we have an Asassin cave! <- points to ponder by minds who have nothing better to think about.

+Quote Post
Topher
post Mar 1 2007, 03:25 AM
Post #16

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 1,821

All I can really say is, Good job kru! *claps* you really out did yourselves this time :]

+Quote Post
cimot
post Mar 1 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #17

Level 5

Member No.: 1,186

hmmm...we have a problem here and many people dont like with the major update..i my self work as a programmer know how difficult KRU situation is.sometimes an update though they already tested it many times still found some bugs later after they released it,even microsoft a giant company with plenty of programmer have some bugs with their product.sometimes i think to myself what if i were in Mug's team position, working underpressure to meet all people want grgrgrgrgrgrgrg .so be patient guys we know KRU will fix it asap. biggrin.gif
peace and no offence to anyone. sorry for my english is not good wub.gif

+Quote Post
Ffyll
post Mar 1 2007, 06:06 AM
Post #18

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,415
Characters: Ffyll

Your English is fine smile.gif

I have a degree in computer science and have made MMORPGs, (albeit over a LAN), and I hear what you're saying. It's nto simply a case of 'let's test this' because no amount of testing will ever find every bug. Secondly, not every possible combination of everything can be tested - there is really no way of knowing about the EXP bug.

We can all help by being patient, by not submitted 10,000 complaints, but writing concise lists describing the problems and waiting for the GM to fix!

I have written D&D senarios which require no programming and that is hard enough!

I also suspect Kru's budget is rather small. I'd be suprised if they had more than 3 people working on the game. If there are 1,300 acounts, then they would be making $13,000 a month. That's not really a great deal!

--------------------

What a great front you got here...
... with Ffyll
-- Moraghul, whilst hosting an insanity Bloodlust line-up, carefully examines the front lines!

+Quote Post
Forum Troll
post Mar 1 2007, 07:47 AM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 52

The experience bug is not fixed because it's not a bug. This was obviously intentional, but a change might be in place soon. The server didn't wake up one day and say, "hey maybe I'll change the way people get experience". That doesn't happen in programming.

As for the new graphics, they updated the dat files which means the old graphics are not in the new dat files. This is the exact reason why the scale mail graphic is not in the newer patches.

+Quote Post
Klogg
post Mar 1 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #20

Enchanted

Member No.: 990

QUOTE(cimot @ Mar 1 2007, 01:52 AM) [snapback]27696[/snapback]

hmmm...we have a problem here and many people dont like with the major update..i my self work as a programmer know how difficult KRU situation is.sometimes an update though they already tested it many times still found some bugs later after they released it,even microsoft a giant company with plenty of programmer have some bugs with their product.sometimes i think to myself what if i were in Mug's team position, working underpressure to meet all people want grgrgrgrgrgrgrg .so be patient guys we know KRU will fix it asap. biggrin.gif
peace and no offence to anyone. sorry for my english is not good wub.gif

I don't think Kru is working under pressure trying to "meet all people want."

Why?

We don't get updates on what is happening.

Did anyone know this patch was going to be released? Did anyone know that they were even -making- a patch to release? Here's an example: Sa San exists in their database. Event characters have been Sa San. Do we ever hear "Oh, Sa San is 60% complete as of today." No.

People complain things need fixing and I stand by them. Conro constantly complains about Pestilence being broken. He should, too. Kru needs to fix some minor things before they jump into the fire and start adding all this other junk that, of course, will be bugged. I can't believe some of you are surprised by this patch! They'll probably fix the major bugs, but I bet all the more minor bugs will be ignored and will never be fixed just like in the past.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:45 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.