> What is this? Part 3
Hijack
post Aug 26 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 2,705

- Experimental Kruna item: Fragile Orb of Mercenary Warrior, non group use, cost: 5 Daily Coins or 1 Big Malga from Woonsoo. (U)se the orb to summon and dismiss mercenaries.

What do these actually do? How long do they last?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CRKL
post Aug 29 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 2,767

QUOTE (Hijack @ Aug 26 2016, 06:04 PM) *
- Experimental Kruna item: Fragile Orb of Mercenary Warrior, non group use, cost: 5 Daily Coins or 1 Big Malga from Woonsoo. (U)se the orb to summon and dismiss mercenaries.

What do these actually do? How long do they last?

summons 2 little warrior pets

they do like 35k damage at sa san

I don't see the use

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Aug 30 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

On the subject of Experience envelops, from NexusAtlas

Both quad and Experience envelope work the same, Experience envelopes that only store 1 Billion experience cost 5 daily coins or 1 Big Malgas (100 kruna) and the Quad Experince envelopes that store 4 Billion experience costs 15 daily coins or 3 Big Malgas(300 kruna). Both Quad and Experience envelopes give you 5 Envelopes each.

Sounds expensive right? considering a 1000 Kruna code costs 9.95 usd. Well actually its not! If you purchase 3 Big Malgas or (Wait to Win 15 Daily coins) It's cheaper than purchasing Experience gems. Experinace gems are 70 Kruna each but Quad Experience envelopes that give you (5) would be 60 Kruna each.

There are trade offs with the envelopes if you're used to using experience gems. Experince gems you have to unequip everything you're wearing and you'll have the option to choose at the spot your standing where to apply your experience. You must move from the spot you sold at or you will not receive experience after selling. The advantage of using experience gems is you'll be able to use all 4.2 billion experience.

No, you had it right the first time. Since it's possible for people to now max in 15 minutes and these are the people who most need the envelopes, it's extremely unreasonable to say they need to save up hundreds of daily coins or spend $100 in kruna so they can hunt for several hours without interruption -- which is something you can do in literally any other MMO without needing to buy an item to store or sell experience.

If they are going to do this stored experience item copout mechanic rather than address the programming limits to increase the amount of experience a player can store to 999 billion, then KRU could have implemented a spell at Sa san that generates an experience envelope item when you are maxed out. Instead KRU has gone for a cash grab to milk the player population. Since the population is so low I am not surprised at this tactic, but by allowing yourself to be taken advantage of you're just encouraging KRU to do the bare min. effort which means the bulk of the game's problems will never get addressed.

Without the financial incentive to make the game better, KRU will not make it better and instead focus on this kind of garbage designed to make you spend all your money on a videogame. Truly a morally depraved tactic to do, trying to encourage a handful of players to spend hundreds of dollars a month on a [Content removed]ty MMO rather than make it a game thousands of people will enjoy playing.

Also...

This item seems like a good step in the right direction when it comes to practical items. With items like this and how there's multiple ways to purchase/receive them I've come to the conclusion that Kru is working on a way to please the community with not stepping into Pay to win that much. Now only if they'd open this up to sell the full envelopes to other players and it'd grow the economy with players that might not have a lot of time to hunt.

You've expressed two contradictory ideas here; the first one is that envelopes are intended to mitigate pay to win. Since the most practical way to obtain the envelopes is to buy them with kruna then "pay to win" is very much the philosophy behind the envelopes.

The second contradiction is to encourage KRU to allow full envelopes to be sold to other players so they can literally buy their way to high stats. That too is very much a "pay to win" concept.

I swear, you guys who still play Nexus.....it's like you're all in some cult that leads you to become so detached from reality that you don't even see how absurd your rationalizations are anymore.

Take a deep breath. Use your critical thinking skills.

Is is truly a "step in the right direction" to need to spend more and more money every month to continue to enjoy the exact same experience? The higher your stats rise, the less time you can hunt before hitting a max and needing to sell experience. This seems good except once you get to maxing in 15 minutes or less it becomes a hindrance to enjoyment, and offering a monetized solution to a game design problem that is fixable in other ways is literally the same thing as asking players to pay more for an inferior game experience.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Corrosive
post Aug 30 2016, 05:01 AM
Post #4

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,337

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Aug 30 2016, 06:27 AM) *
I swear, you guys who still play Nexus.....it's like you're all in some cult that leads you to become so detached from reality that you don't even see how absurd your rationalizations are anymore.

Take a deep breath. Use your critical thinking skills.

It's possible to disagree with a post without being a condescending @$$. It's a long way down off that horse DM.
FYI we can max in 10 minutes.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Aug 30 2016, 07:05 AM
Post #5

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (Corrosive @ Aug 30 2016, 05:01 AM) *
It's possible to disagree with a post without being a condescending @$$. It's a long way down off that horse DM.

If my words hit close to home and make you feel uncomfortable then good.

That's the rational side of your brain telling you that you probably ought to quit playing Nexus. Your years of patronage have not been rewarded, instead only taken further and further advantage of.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
oogabooga
post Aug 30 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #6

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 419

Take a deep breath. No need to write a 500 page essay every post. No one reads it except yourself.

+Quote Post
linuxkiddy
post Aug 30 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Database Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 213
Characters: Linuxkiddy

Bark bark bark, meow meow meow, bicker bicker bicker

everyone has different opinions. I provided information that I gathered with the envelopes and I've seen the upside to them compared to experience gems
I also see the upside if you sold them for level 99 players =p 99 to il san is such a grind. In the end someone is doing all the work to get the experience.

Lets just think of them as another kruna shop item with the ability to not having to pay for them(daily coin).

I believe with this approach they're trying to mimic a facebook or a smartphone game where You may wait to advance in whatever game your playing Or you can pay to advance quicker. If you don't want to pay into something then you don't, you'll just have to wait. I'm honestly fine with this if they make it free to play, if they decide to even make a 2-3$ subscription fee for added benifits/bonuses that'd be fine too.. 9.95 for such an old game is way too much.

The only reason people would get gems/envelopes anyways is for wisdom star and caves that don't have ring/bloodstone ability and it takes way longer to get all the way back to where you was hunting... or if your hunting with a blood brother/sister or husband/wife.

now only if they could work on content to keep pve/hunting players happy.

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Aug 31 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #8

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Aug 30 2016, 05:05 AM) *
If my words hit close to home and make you feel uncomfortable then good.

That's the rational side of your brain telling you that you probably ought to quit playing Nexus. Your years of patronage have not been rewarded, instead only taken further and further advantage of.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brant
post Aug 31 2016, 11:17 AM
Post #9

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post Aug 31 2016, 01:57 PM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

hey i came back to Nexus yesterday and nexus atlas didn't report on it. do you guys have a deficit of reporters right now orrrrrrrrr what

+Quote Post
linuxkiddy
post Aug 31 2016, 02:04 PM
Post #11

Database Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 213
Characters: Linuxkiddy

QUOTE (Gerdi @ Aug 31 2016, 02:57 PM) *
hey i came back to Nexus yesterday and nexus atlas didn't report on it. do you guys have a deficit of reporters right now orrrrrrrrr what

hmm I didn't know NA reported every person that returns to the kingdom.

Oh and BTW King Mhul is 150 years old!

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post Aug 31 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (linuxkiddy @ Aug 31 2016, 02:04 PM) *
hmm I didn't know NA reported every person that returns to the kingdom.

Oh and BTW King Mhul is 150 years old!

Oh not every person, just the important celebrity ones

+Quote Post
KoLD
post Nov 12 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #13

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,146

Who is this, Gerdi?

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post Nov 14 2016, 02:37 PM
Post #14

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (KoLD @ Nov 12 2016, 07:29 PM) *
Who is this, Gerdi?

Oh, Gerdi? Why, none other than Gorgax Thomsun Euthaniel Goldstein Sudeki III.

Sure, some would say that Gorgax completely revolutionized Nexus PK. I guess a lot of people would say that. He's essentially been -THE- PK celebrity since Yuri 50. The names "Kiana" and "Lust" and "CalmWind" crumble to dust in their antiquity when mentioned in the same sentence as Gorgax. Hillary Clinton allegedly called him "The gold standard' of poet pking. Gorgax has also been a frequent warrior of social injustice; he has a long history standing up for what is right and what is true. He believes that it should be your god given right to make exclaims such as "This makes me want to club baby seals", and he'll go toe-to-toe with the rock (Not Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The justice rock. But if Dwayne Johnson wants to get it, he ain't gonna back down like a [Content removed]) to fight for that right.

Of course, with this intense fame comes obsessive fans and a black book full of lovers. Many tried snagging Buya's Most Eligible Bachelor -- (SpectrumBoy, Destine, Biofo, aDoom, Syncopate, Ruairidh, among many others), however, they just couldn't hold the interest of Barbara Walters' most fascinating person of 2014, 2015 and 2016.

These days 'ol Gorgax has been temporary crippled by excruciating bandwidth, and he has been relegated to hosting carnies on the sidelines rather than participating in them. Many have mistaken this hiatus to be the end for him. They will regret their lack of faith. Legend has it that Gorgax has been training fervently in Asmodi10 (he is frequently spammed by Valandil, Eggs, Shans, ShinI, Fatboy, Toxa, and more to hunt) to prepare for his legendary return.

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Nov 14 2016, 06:48 PM
Post #15

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Gerdi @ Nov 14 2016, 12:37 PM) *
Oh, Gerdi? Why, none other than Gorgax Thomsun Euthaniel Goldstein Sudeki III.

Who? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.