IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Do You Want?
What I want the most!
This is the MOST important thing to me!
More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now. [ 15 ] ** [13.27%]
Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items. [ 14 ] ** [12.39%]
More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay. [ 28 ] ** [24.78%]
Sa san (and maybe Oh san!) [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Justice reform, including law review and optional curse filter. [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?) [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar. [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells) [ 3 ] ** [2.65%]
Mana bar. To prevent PK concerns, many suggest it only appear on the letter (f) group tab. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other. The most important thing to me isn't on this list! [ 5 ] ** [4.42%]
This is the SECOND most important thing to me.
More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now. [ 24 ] ** [21.24%]
Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items. [ 18 ] ** [15.93%]
More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay. [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Sa san (and maybe Oh san!) [ 9 ] ** [7.96%]
Justice reform, including law review and optional curse filter. [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?) [ 10 ] ** [8.85%]
Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar. [ 17 ] ** [15.04%]
New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells) [ 10 ] ** [8.85%]
Mana bar. To prevent PK concerns, many suggest it only appear on the letter (f) group tab. [ 1 ] ** [0.88%]
Other. The second most important thing to me isn't on this list! [ 1 ] ** [0.88%]
This is the THIRD most important thing to me.
More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now. [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items. [ 10 ] ** [8.85%]
More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay. [ 9 ] ** [7.96%]
Sa san (and maybe Oh san!) [ 14 ] ** [12.39%]
Justice reform, including law review and optional curse filter. [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?) [ 15 ] ** [13.27%]
Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar. [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells) [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Mana bar. To prevent PK concerns, many suggest it only appear on the letter (f) group tab. [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Other. The third most important thing to me isn't on this list! [ 4 ] ** [3.54%]
Total Votes: 113
Guests cannot vote 
Rachel
post Aug 7 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

These were the top choices I saw on the game's community board and on our own board. I tried to combine more detailed wishes into broad topics.

Check my post on the main page of www.nexusatlas.com to read more about the wish trends.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Aug 7 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Here are my votes:

1. ) More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay.
2. ) More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now.
3. ) Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items.

The first and second can be done at the same time with a good event. Methok's old promise of monthly events may be a bit difficult, but I don't think 4 events a year is too much to ask.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PIEMINISTER
post Aug 7 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 531

1. RP
2. 3rd Party etc
3. Justice reform

were my votes.

+Quote Post
Calcifer
post Aug 7 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #4

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 319

1. Conflict
2. "events"
3. Justice reform

-Cal

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Aug 7 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 2,705

Other - damage numbers
Other - guide tab
Other - map thing

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Aug 7 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hijack @ Aug 7 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]38368[/snapback]

Other - damage numbers
Other - guide tab
Other - map thing

Damage (And heal) numbers could hurt PK. Curse graphics in PK have already shown us that they can't make something in the normal game that isn't part of PK.

The guide tab seemed a bit useless to me, especially considering the amount of time it would take to enter all the information.

The map thing I like, if you mean the map that you can click from the top left corner of your screen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Athest
post Aug 7 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Peasant

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 3,008
Characters: Athest, Dynem

1. More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay.
2. New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells)
3. More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?)

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Aug 7 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #8

Oh san
Group Icon

Feel free to elaborate on your choices. I've done so many times, but I'll do it again.

Events - "cave events", with roleplay (conflict and player interactivity), a quest, multiple tiers to the event with easier access to furthest point reached (Pirate island, Inner mine), legend marks (Entrance, final tier, completion), drops (BOD if common, otherwise unique and rare like Kallals), quested items (1 per person, not bonded), and good hunting experience.

Cheaters should have all characters reset to level 1 with all items and money purged from their banks. That way they can't be unbanned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vegeta172
post Aug 7 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Enchanted

Member No.: 409

Event caves(war).
yuri 20to 50 had almost every second month had a EVENT kru has every 6month.

+Quote Post
Euphoria
post Aug 7 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 446

1. Events
2. Crack down on 3'rd party program users
3. crafting changes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yorito
post Aug 7 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #11

Level 5

Member No.: 3,024
Characters: Yorito, Chagum

1. Sa san
2. Sa san
3. Sa san

Then I might actually be motivated to hunt again...

+Quote Post
Kirikka
post Aug 7 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #12

Level 99

Member No.: 836

1.) More conflict and player interactive roleplay
2.) More permanent quests
3.) Crack down on 3rd party programs etc.

Thanks for assembling this poll Rachel, it must have been tedious! =)

--------------------
/|\ Peaceful Journeys /|\

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Aug 7 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #13

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kirikka @ Aug 7 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]38384[/snapback]
Thanks for assembling this poll Rachel, it must have been tedious! =)

It only took an hour or two. unsure.gif I'm thinking after this is open for a week, I'll ask "What do you want the most?" (not second or third) with the top 5 options. Then we can try to figure out the details for the top 2 or 3.

I don't really disagree with any of the options, so I would just like to see them do whatever most people want.

If justice reform was one of the final two or three choices, I would suggest we at least lessen the punishment for cursing. Maybe allow cursing if it's not obscene or inflammatory? There are such better things justice could be doing with its time. Even the people who want justice to be abolished are likely to prefer that to the current situation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PIEMINISTER
post Aug 7 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 531

will kru actually pay attention to this? It's just that people who don't even play nexus anymore could vote and have absolutely no baring or care of the outcome, not to mention the nf populous does not cover everyone in nexus.

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Aug 7 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

If they did anything at all from this list it would appease atleast some people. I mean really, what can you say they're doing now you care about? Anything would be good.

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Aug 7 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #16

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE(PIEMINISTER @ Aug 7 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]38391[/snapback]

will kru actually pay attention to this? It's just that people who don't even play nexus anymore could vote and have absolutely no baring or care of the outcome, not to mention the nf populous does not cover everyone in nexus.

People who post on a Nexus forum care about Nexus. The ones who quit only left because they were bored, hated the direction the game was moving, or hated some of the people running the game. Old people would come back if they thought they would like the game again.

Also, our most active posters are some of the more active an influential players in the game.

The list of nine was composed from responses both on NF and in the game. Even if they don't like my tabulations, they'll come up with similar results. Mug may not read NF anymore, but Kru posted recently.

What I didn't understand is why for the last.. I don't even know how long, they kept catering to the same players. The players who are already calling themselves "Mug fans". If they love you, you can ignore them and they'll still like you. If they like you, you can ignore them some more and they'll still have trouble hating you.

You want to appeal to the people who quit years ago. You want to appeal to the player who would never tell a friend to play. You want to appeal to the people who complain so much that they censor the boards in the game and Mug decided to stop reading NF. (Don't worry about that, I'm pretty sure he'll still read NA)

So, yes, I think they'll listen to some extent. An F1 survey would be more useful, but this would still give them some ideas of what to ask about.

People loved the pirate event. Mug said there will be another event soon. I think they've gotten good at events and people should like that one also. Then they'll release the new area. People will be interested for about two and a half weeks before they get bored.

Maybe that will get them on the right track. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vini
post Aug 7 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #17

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

QUOTE(Rachel @ Aug 7 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]38359[/snapback]

Here are my votes:

1. ) More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay.
2. ) More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now.
3. ) Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items.

The first and second can be done at the same time with a good event. Methok's old promise of monthly events may be a bit difficult, but I don't think 4 events a year is too much to ask.

Well, what can I say. Exactly the same options as I had and I only looked to yours after I voted mine (like usual). Methok was a very good archon of events and nexus would love having monthly events like promised. It is not hard to make monthly events, the problem is that right now there's only 1 archon of events. I think there should be 3 of them or even more.

There's 3 archons for clans, doing the job that Themis did alone, ok she had less clans back then, but Joomi did alone for a while too. Joomi also did revels alone for a while. Marama did archon administration alone and none really lacked. The only real lack was always on events, that Joomi even had to carry on for a while, as well as Marama.

Either way, I'm not here to talk about past archons, just saying that nowadays there are jobs doing by more than 1 person that could be done by just one, I don't mind having multiple archons for clans, administration, revels, etc, counting that Events get multiple archons too. Imagine having: one working on the current event, the other one helping while the 3rd starts working on the next, and a cycle goes with these three each of them changing who's working on the current, who's assisting and who's working on next. Archons have map makers so they can create the whole map. Archons probably know unused graphics and also are good with writing stories and knowing about nexus history, if they don't, they're not fit for being archons. So pretty much, if we look back at Methok we can see how archons can help A LOT to create events and so we depend less on GM to do it, which takes longer sinse he's busy doing ALL of nexus.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Iter
post Aug 7 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #18

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 166
Characters: Tiker, Celeriter, Kenjo, Blackmorrow, Mabon

1. Conflict/Interactive RP
2. Crack down on cheaters
3. Permanent quests

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Aug 7 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #19

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

1. More permanent quests that you can do alone.
2. More user generated conflict.
3. Get rid of 3rd party programs and the users who use them.

FYI: "cave events" are only good if you can find someone to hunt with which is not a possibility for everyone.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
FallenEngell
post Aug 7 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #20

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,744

1- all PCs to NPCs pathwise and ring status = to clan status
2- conflict
3- justice

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:54 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.