> Jeweling Stats, How do you do?
AllyGator
post Jun 29 2007, 04:42 AM
Post #1

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I made up a chart of the rings I make with my accomplished jeweler.

http://www.nexusatlas.com/nexfiles/examplejewel.php

It sucks to lose cash this way!

--------------------
The hair says it all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Aug 21 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #2

Map Goddess
Group Icon

I finally made it to Adept Jeweler using only 5600 Crafted amber. From Accomplished to Adept:

Non-totem time:

Small --- Medium --- Large
80 ------- 45 -------- 45

Totem time:
121 ------ 57 -------- 80

Total rings crafted: 397

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Sep 25 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #3

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 3,989
Characters: Sanguis, LeXington, Pagan, Hwarang

Ok, I am NOVICE jeweler and have lost too much money to care to attempt another skill level!!

--------------------
Abyssus abyssum invocat~!

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Sep 25 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

QUOTE(LeXington @ Sep 25 2007, 08:16 AM) [snapback]40941[/snapback]

Ok, I am NOVICE jeweler and have lost too much money to care to attempt another skill level!!

Well I'm glad Guk-Su is around. I kept thinking I was so freaking close to Accomplished Jeweler, and then I check him and he says "You are more than half way." I was so mad, it'll probably take another million just to get to Accomplished. Oh well, at least its something to do in the uneventful world of Nexus.

According to Stat Addict, (and yes I know theres players who don't display their legend), theres only 27 players with Accomplished or above.

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Sep 25 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #5

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Coolboyman @ Sep 25 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]40950[/snapback]

According to Stat Addict, (and yes I know theres players who don't display their legend), theres only 27 players with Accomplished or above.

Yeah... good luck with that. There is NO WAY to do this craft and not lose money. Even if you gathered and crafted all your ambers like I did, you do not make enough (at least not at talented) to use your Crafted amber and pay the 1k per attempt to sell back the rings to break even.

If you've found a way please let me know.

LeX

--------------------

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Sep 25 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #6

Map Goddess
Group Icon

It is horribly expensive and the only reason I'm doing it is that I need a master for ee should I ever decide to go there. I originally thought that master gem crafter would count. Silly me.

Rogue Matsui

Chart from accomplished to adept

The first half of the chart shows you how expensive it is to jewel craft. Matsui is a legendary gem crafter and never buys crafted ambers. But the costs are shown just in case someone wants to know about that. Costs shown for Amber and Dark amber.

The lower half of the chart shows all progress from Accomplished to Adept jeweler. Totem and Non-totem time results are separated. It took 115 skill increases from Accomplished to Adept. Averages are shown at the bottom as an FYI.

Each row of numbers is the result of using 100 crafted amber to make jeweled rings. The amount made by selling the rings is given in the chart. You can do the math yourself to see how much I lost by crafting my own ambers and then using them to jewel. It is even worse if you want to factor in the cost of buying crafted amber.

It took me approximately 10m to go from accomplished to adept because I did buy some crafted amber. All in all, not a career path I'd advise anyone to take.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Aphaea
post Sep 25 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,989

QUOTE(AllyGator @ Sep 26 2007, 06:42 AM) [snapback]40992[/snapback]

It is horribly expensive and the only reason I'm doing it is that I need a master for ee should I ever decide to go there. I originally thought that master gem crafter would count. Silly me.

It took me approximately 10m to go from accomplished to adept because I did buy some crafted amber. All in all, not a career path I'd advise anyone to take.

Oh my God, I'm so not attempting this on other characters dry.gif

- Aphaea

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Oct 2 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

I sure hope you're not jeweling the well crafted ambers you make, because Crafted and well both have the same "chance" to successfully become a ring. So just sell those, you won't lose AS much.

+Quote Post
BleuMoo
post Oct 7 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #9

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 3,934

I was gonna start this but after seeing how much you have to invest. I'll stick with cutting and carping.

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Oct 15 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

I retract my previous statement. I am attempting to become at least talented... I'll hunt most of my ambers and just craft them myself for the crafted dark/ambers. I figure if I get 100 dark ambers and craft them myself the tarnished ambers cover deposit/repair (since I can sam repair my own stuff), craft them myself and use the crafted + cash from tarnished/well crafted to fund the process. I shouldn't lose any or much money anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Oct 15 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

Ok Jeweling is a craft for legendary gemcutters. You can buy amber, craft them, sell the well crafted, and craft the regs to minimize the mortifying havoc it can wreak on your coin purse.

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Oct 16 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Does anyone have a jeweling chart that shows only how many crafted ambers used between levels?

I saw that other chart and I can't make any sense of it. >_<

--------------------

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Oct 16 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #13

Map Goddess
Group Icon

I'll try to make a little bit more sense of the chart I posted. The top portion of the chart is just to show you how expensive it can be. Matsui is a legendary gem crafter and I have a variety of rotating Rabbit 2 fighters that gather ambers like mad. So the expenses shown ARE not buying ambers but crafting them myself as a legendary gem crafter. I deducted the costs of crafted amber if I had sold them instead of using them to make rings. But that is confusing so just take a look to get some idea of how expensive it can be.

The bottom half of the charts shows my results per 100 crafted amber. It shows a complete record from Acomplished to Adept Jeweler broken down by ambers crafted during and outside of totem time.

The left hand section shows everything I crafted outside of totem time. Each row on the chart is the results of using 100 crafted amber.

Example of non totem time:
Small amber rings ........6
Med amber rings ..........6
Large amber rings ........7
Total rings per 100 ......19

Example of totem time:
Small amber rings ........9
Med amber rings ..........4
Large amber rings .......10
Total rings per 100 ......23

As you can see, crafting inside totem is much better although there can be long periods where then isn't much difference.

ALL of the information outside totem times is during the time between accomplished and adept. The right hand information is for ambers used during totem time. The first three rows are data from accomplished to adept. There is a note on the far right side showing when I reached adept and that there were 115 skill increases from accomplished to adept. The skill increases did not come in any type of pattern.

Examples of increments after reaching adept:
Interval between increments 131 .... 53 .... 87

The rest of the information on the right hand side after the adept notation are the results AFTER making adept and I show the skill increase after adept at the very bottom and listed just above this paragraph.

Yeah I know the chart is confusing but I was trying to chart as much information as I could. Since that I've done maybe 150 crafted ambers and didn't bother to count my results. It's too depressing.

In all of the time from accomplished to adept I made 2 totem rings - 1 large ju jak and 1 small chung ryong. I made around 20 simple (love rings) before I got accomplished. I didn't include that in the costs section because it's even more ridiculous to do that.

I hope that explains it a bit better. In all, I lost about 9.5 million doing what is listed on my chart. I simply don't have the cash to continue.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.