IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rogue event weapon = piece of crap, Who designed these weapons??
darkmaverick
post Jul 11 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

*looks at the stats on Nexus Atlas*

rolleyes.gif

Alright, so let me get this straight:

At Sa san:

The Warrior weapon has 146,800 vita.

The Mage weapon has 72,000 mana, which if you double it to compare to the vita becomes 144,000. So the mana on this staff should actually be 73,400.

The Rogue weapon has no vita or mana split stats, and actually has + AC and negative Grace.

This pattern seems to apply to all of the weapon tiers, too.

I'm literally laughing my ass off right now at how absurd this is. I mean, concerning the Mage weapons how hard is it to divide by 2 from whatever you set the Warrior's Vita as? tongue.gif

And I am baffled at how the Rogue weapons consistently have [Content removed]ed up stats. Like, someone literally entered all these values one by one and didn't think there was a problem even though they are intended to be stronger versions of Etched weapons.

Whoever designed these weapons has zero understanding of the RPG mechanics theory, and cannot do basic arithmetic to create an item budget....which probably explains a lot about this game.

You guys wonder why I don't register....I stand here wondering why you don't just give me your money and ask me to make a better game. It doesn't look like it takes much to outdo these clowns running the game right now.

Edit: In my laughter I forgot to look at the Sa poet weapon. It's stats translate into 80,000 total item budget points for Stats, distributed as Vita: 30,000 Mana: 25,000. This is so obviously unbalanced when the Sa warrior weapon has 146,800 item points invested entirely into Vita.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Micoris
post Jul 11 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #2

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 194,350

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Jul 11 2016, 04:19 PM) *
You guys wonder why I don't register....I stand here wondering why you don't just give me your money and ask me to make a better game.

Oh the answer to this is simple. I don't know you and just purely based on what I've read in the short time I've been a member - I truly with every fiber of my being don't believe you are capable.

+Quote Post
CRKL
post Jul 11 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #3

Level 99

Member No.: 2,767

???

The rogue weapon did 80k damage to me per swing on c1
and 100k on cun2

this is sc with full poet armor

btw, its a polearm

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 11 2016, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRKL @ Jul 11 2016, 08:38 PM) *
btw, its a polearm

That wasn't made clear on Nexus Atlas.

Well, perhaps it isn't a total piece of crap then but it is still utterly ridiculous how these weapons are designed, especially if something with 450m550 ratios now has polearm effect.

What's the excuse for the Mage and Poet weapons being statted the way they are? Do they double Hellfire or Restore damage?

My points still stand.

Why does the Warrior uber-PA get crazy Vita, and the Rogue one gets jack?

QUOTE (Micoris @ Jul 11 2016, 07:39 PM) *
Oh the answer to this is simple. I don't know you and just purely based on what I've read in the short time I've been a member - I truly with every fiber of my being don't believe you are capable.

You say that but at least I wouldn't implement polearms with 450m550 ratios and arbitrarily decide how stat bonuses are applied to the weapons with no consistency.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.

+Quote Post
CRKL
post Jul 12 2016, 12:11 AM
Post #5

Level 99

Member No.: 2,767

The problem is the real hunters don't have time to be archons, or they favor diviners (probably not the ones that join just to PK) so anyone that could design this crap properly is out of the debate when they are cooking up events / items
it's also ridiculous that archons are designing these things at all, it should be people with actual game development experience

They need to have a poll for the community to appoint smart/knowledgeable veterans that have actual intelligent input on how to fix the game

They're just trying to jury rig rogues/mages into relevance without thinking about what would actually be an enjoyable hunting experience

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 12 2016, 01:11 AM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (CRKL @ Jul 12 2016, 12:11 AM) *
The problem is the real hunters don't have time to be archons,

If they can't do basic arithmetic then the problem isn't anything to do with whether they have enough free time to PvE.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jul 12 2016, 03:17 PM
Post #7

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

There was a place called kinung that took top roleplayers and let them help shape the roleplay and events of the game.

Why can't there be a coalition of a few people from each path who are exceptional pkers/pvers so they can help shape that area of the game too?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jul 13 2016, 09:21 AM
Post #8

Level 99

Member No.: 707
Characters: Cuchulain, YogSim, rekinoM

The reason the swing damage is so high on these PAs compared to the ones we already have is they do not have the damage multiplier on swings that the old ones have. For instance, the MPA has a 2x damage multiplier on it.

As for the negative grace, it matches the HPA/MPA, I guess? Tbh grace doesn't really do much anyway.

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
Songa
post Jul 14 2016, 08:47 AM
Post #9

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

QUOTE (Doctor @ Jul 12 2016, 04:17 PM) *
There was a place called kinung that took top roleplayers and let them help shape the roleplay and events of the game.

Why can't there be a coalition of a few people from each path who are exceptional pkers/pvers so they can help shape that area of the game too?

I was apart of this roleplay club briefly before it disappeared. If you ever attended the roleplay meetings then you would know how much of a headache it was to get the ball rolling.

Firstly, it seemed to mostly be run by Loxie who had been there forever and did a lot of the work. Even I was burnt out just going to meeting after meeting and watching her struggle to get anything done.

Secondly, everyone there had a thousand other positions. So needless to say, they were busy people.

Thirdly, we had to come up with everything on our own. mug provided assistance but we had to come up with (and agree on) events. I personally never saw any event come to be because it was next to impossible to A. Get people to agree on an event and B. Get people to help. In theory it should've worked. In order to be in the club, you had to apply through a ticket. A lot of the players who joined were all talk and no action. I can't tell you why. They were probably overwhelmed with the fact that we were tasked with creating large events from scratch, something the workers at KRU should be doing. This is the fundamental problem with the game.

If KRU wants to squash this elitist attitude, they need to allow every player the chance for feedback and stop relying solely on secret clubs. Every player should be able to provide their thoughts on things that change the game, not a few chosen people who are so far removed from anything beyond their tiny little secret clubs that they can't see past it.

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jul 14 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #10

Sa san
Group Icon

IMO every player should have a chance for feedback but this game is at a state where a lot of the end users are just, like, so totally incompetent as to what can be done/seen/implemented in the game that it's more of a problem to sift through that feedback than it's worth. You can't hold every opinion the same in regards to the design of the game.

Kinung crap shouldn't have functioned this way I suppose, and I wouldn't think that this "direction of the game" club would have to do anything in secret. Meeting screenshots can be taken, or logged, then released to NexusAtlas with a comments section for players to speak on what was said, agreed upon, disagreed upon etc.

This game is FOR everyone equally, but we don't need the old fart establishment demanding that KRU give everyone a vita attack be an equal voice as to where we should go with the game.

Tricky spot but meh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Jul 15 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #11

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

QUOTE (Doctor @ Jul 12 2016, 04:17 PM) *

^this

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 15 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #12

Oh san
Group Icon

Oh look, they updated the weapon stats!

http://boards.nexustk.com/Community/FedX07151838.html

1m dura
45m95
45m95
armor +3
hit +2
grace -2
Lvl 99

What is this pile of junk?

I expect this to be a pattern for all the other versions, too.

If by now you haven't figured out KRU doesn't care about the players, and would rather waste time on features like a mini-map than address the actual problems of the game, you never will.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Songa
post Jul 16 2016, 07:59 AM
Post #13

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

QUOTE (Doctor @ Jul 14 2016, 07:54 PM) *
IMO every player should have a chance for feedback but this game is at a state where a lot of the end users are just, like, so totally incompetent as to what can be done/seen/implemented in the game that it's more of a problem to sift through that feedback than it's worth. You can't hold every opinion the same in regards to the design of the game.

Kinung crap shouldn't have functioned this way I suppose, and I wouldn't think that this "direction of the game" club would have to do anything in secret. Meeting screenshots can be taken, or logged, then released to NexusAtlas with a comments section for players to speak on what was said, agreed upon, disagreed upon etc.

This game is FOR everyone equally, but we don't need the old fart establishment demanding that KRU give everyone a vita attack be an equal voice as to where we should go with the game.

Tricky spot but meh.

That's why you have a board of people who filter through these opinions and decide together what's best for the game. I'm not talking about players, they are too close to the game. I'm saying that a group of KRU employees who all filter through and decide on which players are providing good feedback. By having these groups in game, they are getting rid of the purpose. KRU should absolutely listen to their players but there's a limit. You can't stop trolls but you can recognize that they exist and simply ignore them. Archons have withheld information to KRU on purpose in the past and it's absolutely ridiculous that we expect them to be entirely biased and not do these things. We need to stop relying on this [Content removed]ed up system. But you and I know that'll never happen.

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jul 16 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

"Too close to the game" is not something that I think is an issue in regards to balancing the game itself. I think whoever is closest to the game should have the best idea on how to actually fix and balance things. It's not like a kinung situation where being close to the situation will cause an issue because of biases and blinders. If you're extremely close to the game as far as PvE and PvP goes, you are going to know exponentially more than KRU/Archons will, because simply put they are not playing or dealing with the content at hand.

If you ask them to get up to speed on it they can either be forced to play their own game from level 1-sa san (which I think would be a good start to see how [Content removed]ed up it is), or they get up to speed by looking at every player's opinion (an issue already addressed).

I genuinely think some sort of council of PvE+PvPers coming together to help guide KRU in the right direction would be more than beneficial. Could be game saving.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Jul 16 2016, 11:30 AM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,705

lol watching a GM play from 1 to sa san would be hilarious

Also, I'm not understanding why the rogue weapon doesn't have vita/mana? Is it because it has more +DAM ? lol

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jul 16 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #16

Sa san
Group Icon

So it doesn't get used in pk I guess

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Jul 16 2016, 10:16 PM
Post #17

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,705

really doesn't make sense

got a baram account and have been playing that a bit
it's crazy how much more stuff that game has

+Quote Post
Loxie
post Jul 17 2016, 02:30 AM
Post #18

Level 99

Group: Nexus Atlas Reporters
Member No.: 1,505
Characters: Loxie

QUOTE (Songa @ Jul 14 2016, 07:47 AM) *
I was apart of this roleplay club briefly before it disappeared. If you ever attended the roleplay meetings then you would know how much of a headache it was to get the ball rolling.

Firstly, it seemed to mostly be run by Loxie who had been there forever and did a lot of the work. Even I was burnt out just going to meeting after meeting and watching her struggle to get anything done.

Secondly, everyone there had a thousand other positions. So needless to say, they were busy people.

Thirdly, we had to come up with everything on our own. mug provided assistance but we had to come up with (and agree on) events. I personally never saw any event come to be because it was next to impossible to A. Get people to agree on an event and B. Get people to help. In theory it should've worked. In order to be in the club, you had to apply through a ticket. A lot of the players who joined were all talk and no action. I can't tell you why. They were probably overwhelmed with the fact that we were tasked with creating large events from scratch, something the workers at KRU should be doing. This is the fundamental problem with the game.

If KRU wants to squash this elitist attitude, they need to allow every player the chance for feedback and stop relying solely on secret clubs. Every player should be able to provide their thoughts on things that change the game, not a few chosen people who are so far removed from anything beyond their tiny little secret clubs that they can't see past it.

I didn't run it. And the reason the events were never released was because the GMs reneged on their promise to give us a GM supported event every three months. Enlighten wrote the pirate zombie event and it was sent in. After stringing us along for a few months they decided there was no longer any use for Kinung Council and never released the event.

My main concern was that the events were inflexible and didn't allow for player involvement to sway the way things were going and that they kept introducing new storylines instead of elaborating on the older ones. If it seemed like I was struggling with anything it was trying to keep events on topic and fluid. Example: Cheyn shouldn't have died, but permission was granted so on it went.

+Quote Post
SilentNights
post Jul 17 2016, 03:59 AM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 231
Characters: SilentNights

QUOTE (Loxie @ Jul 17 2016, 12:30 AM) *
I didn't run it. And the reason the events were never released was because the GMs reneged on their promise to give us a GM supported event every three months. Enlighten wrote the pirate zombie event and it was sent in. After stringing us along for a few months they decided there was no longer any use for Kinung Council and never released the event.

My main concern was that the events were inflexible and didn't allow for player involvement to sway the way things were going and that they kept introducing new storylines instead of elaborating on the older ones. If it seemed like I was struggling with anything it was trying to keep events on topic and fluid. Example: Cheyn shouldn't have died, but permission was granted so on it went.

Man...me and Loxie are actually agreeing on something. Wildly off topic...but still...harbinger of the apocalypse!
Yeah, I was there too for everything she literally said. Sad times

SN

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jul 22 2016, 01:11 AM
Post #20

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

You guys wonder why I don't register

Not really.

Whoever designed these weapons has zero understanding of the RPG mechanics theory, and cannot do basic arithmetic to create an item budget....which probably explains a lot about this game.

Is this in a book you just read? Just making sure the value of added stats sums up the same for every path is silly. For one thing, Poets aren't competing with Warriors, for another, an equivalence between some stats and others is difficult to quantify. How much vita is each point of damage worth? Where does protection fit in? Is Will for a Mage worth the same as Might for a Warrior, and who gets more value out of Grace? It seems like you think every weapon just should be "Rogue Weapon 3" with stats 10% higher than "Rogue Weapon 2" and with vita equal to 2/3 and mana(2) equal to 1/3 of the total vita+mana(2) of "Warrior Weapon 3," etc.

I'm not saying these stats are good and well-balanced. I won't pretend to really know. Or at KRU is competent. They probably aren't. But I'm pretty sure you're full of it too, you just want to call whatever KRU does crap so that people will say, "Hey, he's right, why isn't DM in charge?"

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:39 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.