Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Numerical Numbers Display
Elone
post Mar 17 2014, 06:36 AM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 27,512

Baram shows numerical numbers when healing or attacking. They pop up floating numbers on the screen. Is there a way to do this in NexusTK?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Mar 17 2014, 09:04 AM
Post #2

Enchanted

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 2,920

It is possible for it to work. It would need KRU to enable it -- which is unlikely.

+Quote Post
mlswm
post Mar 17 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,466

you need the [content removed] that was used to [content removed]

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Mar 17 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,920

QUOTE (mlswm @ Mar 17 2014, 10:29 AM) *
you need the [content removed] that was used to [content removed]

I thought If you have the [content removed] it still has to be enabled on the server. Does it work with just the [content removed]?

+Quote Post
mlswm
post Mar 17 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Enchanted

yea it works with just the [content removed]

+Quote Post
Elone
post Mar 17 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #6

Peasant

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 27,512

Ok I got the [content removed] now. Do I drop it in the KRU->NexusTK Folder or do I need to put it somewhere else?

+Quote Post
mlswm
post Mar 17 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #7

Enchanted

ya just stick it in there bud

+Quote Post
Laren
post Mar 18 2014, 02:41 AM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

You should note, however, that KRU probably considers altering the game in this way to be against the rules, so avoid sharing any screenshots showing damage or healing numbers. It's not a problem for me if you use such a harmless mod, and NF won't censor it, but for your own sake don't go advertising that you use it.

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Mar 18 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #9

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

QUOTE (Laren @ Mar 18 2014, 03:41 AM) *
You should note, however, that KRU probably considers altering the game in this way to be against the rules, so avoid sharing any screenshots showing damage or healing numbers. It's not a problem for me if you use such a harmless mod, and NF won't censor it, but for your own sake don't go advertising that you use it.

Considering how simple the change would be for them to make, its surprising they haven't just done it themselves. Seeing as it adds an shamelessly missing feature to the game.

Perhaps the truth is they don't have anyone capable of adding it.

But all that aside, a policy of better safe than sorry with KRU is recommended.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Mar 19 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #10

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

During the 6.0 closed Alpha test they had this feature turned on. But if I recall correctly they turned it off at the end of it before it went to the open Beta test. They said having that would cause too much complaining from the top players in the game who try to keep their stats hidden. It is in the game, and it is an easy on/off command on their end. They just refuse to do it. Fasts forward 9+ years (...damn it has been that long already?) that reason shouldnt matter any more. And if it did, I say too bad for those players. It just laziness now on Kru's part in not wanting to do much with the game.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Mar 19 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #11

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

nothing like disabling a useful and engaging component to your game that a vast majority of people would like to see so a very tiny group of players can be secretive

someone should compile a list of ass backward decisions kru has made who has more time on their hands than i do, would be funny to see

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Mar 19 2014, 03:47 AM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,705

QUOTE (SilentS @ Mar 19 2014, 12:05 AM) *
During the 6.0 closed Alpha test they had this feature turned on. But if I recall correctly they turned it off at the end of it before it went to the open Beta test. They said having that would cause too much complaining from the top players in the game who try to keep their stats hidden. It is in the game, and it is an easy on/off command on their end. They just refuse to do it. Fasts forward 9+ years (...damn it has been that long already?) that reason shouldnt matter any more. And if it did, I say too bad for those players. It just laziness now on Kru's part in not wanting to do much with the game.

This is not entirely true. From my understanding when "the person" worked on and enabled it through the .dll there was apparently entire missing code from the client.

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Mar 19 2014, 07:59 AM
Post #13

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hijack @ Mar 19 2014, 02:47 AM) *
This is not entirely true. From my understanding when "the person" worked on and enabled it through the .dll there was apparently entire missing code from the client.

With the amount of updates that have happened since that time, it is entirely possible that they removed the code from the .dll itself for whatever reason. But the fact is that it is indeed already in the game and togglable on the server end. Dunno, maybe the code client side was unneeded and it was just needed on the server side? (random guess)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Styledatol
post Mar 19 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #14

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

QUOTE (Doctor @ Mar 19 2014, 03:12 AM) *
nothing like disabling a useful and engaging component to your game that a vast majority of people would like to see so a very tiny group of players can be secretive

someone should compile a list of ass backward decisions kru has made who has more time on their hands than i do, would be funny to see

And it's not like there's a path in the game with the spell to find out people's stats anyway...

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Mar 19 2014, 08:29 PM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

QUOTE (Styledatol @ Mar 19 2014, 08:32 PM) *
And it's not like there's a path in the game with the spell to find out people's stats anyway...

It really is the only game I can think of where people guard their stats like they guard their income.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
Brant
post Mar 19 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #16

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Yeas @ Mar 19 2014, 08:29 PM) *
It really is the only game I can think of where people guard their stats like they guard their income.

Nexus is the only game I can think of where a lot of [Content removed] happens.

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Mar 20 2014, 07:28 AM
Post #17

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,705

QUOTE (Yeas @ Mar 19 2014, 08:29 PM) *

it's funny because if you look on wowprogress or diabloprogress (and things like that) people want you to know their stats

+Quote Post
Brant
post Mar 20 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #18

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Hijack @ Mar 20 2014, 07:28 AM) *
it's funny because if you look on wowprogress or diabloprogress (and things like that) people want you to know their stats

I wish players were forced to show all of that information.

Would make sites like stataddict viable for tracking hackers, dupers, etc.

It would also hold KRU accountable, so no surprise there.

+Quote Post
Alston
post Mar 20 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #19

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,043
Characters: Alston, Dukati... long since dead...

QUOTE (Styledatol @ Mar 19 2014, 05:32 PM) *

There used to be. Chonguns had it for a short while.

QUOTE (Yeas @ Mar 19 2014, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE (Brant @ Mar 19 2014, 07:48 PM) *
Nexus is the only game I can think of where a lot of [Content removed] happens.

QUOTE (Hijack @ Mar 20 2014, 05:28 AM) *

Sum all three of you guys up, its because of the power displacement in the game. Those who hold political power often have little stat power. Those who have stat power don't want to be treated differently in PvP. There is no end-game in nexus, so knowing it would take 15 years to reach someone's power level is discouraging to new gamers. At least other games have a cap, and some variety in character builds that are guarded secrets... which is a trade off for true variety in my opinion. I said it over a decade ago: not having a hard cap is going to discourage many from playing for a long-term period. Having more diversity would have been the better route, but subpaths have been neutered (and, despite this, subpaths are over-protected by their managers), and too many hoops are in place to truly succeed in the game.

QUOTE (Brant @ Mar 20 2014, 10:04 AM) *
I wish players were forced to show all of that information.

Would make sites like stataddict viable for tracking hackers, dupers, etc.

It would also hold KRU accountable, so no surprise there.

There's easier ways to hold kru accountable, and the community has the capability to police itself fairly well. Not knocking stat-tracking, but if you have a legitimate edge in-game, would you want your rivals to know it?

--------------------
- Alston

Find me on any social media by searching for "FSBAlston" or "AlstonTheWolf."

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Mar 20 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #20

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alston @ Mar 20 2014, 05:01 PM) *
There used to be. Chonguns had it for a short while.

Actually there are a few paths in game currently who have that ability. Granted the others it is/was guide only last I heard.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.