> Should I Remake My Warrior..
Cuchulain
post Jun 17 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 707
Characters: Cuchulain, YogSim, rekinoM

My warrior is currently level 70-80ish. When I first was able to choose an alignment, I chose Kwi-Sin, thinking it would be fun.. before I start getting my warrior to 99, and start getting him some hp and mp, I was wondering if I should just restart him. Is Kwi-Sin berserk THAT bad? Anyone have any tips as to using a Kwi-Sin warrior?

--------------------
Oh boy here we go
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jun 17 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 7,927
Characters: HaKSaW

Kwi-sin Berserk isn't bad.. it's Whirlwind that's the concern for most players.

The difference is power/risk vs safety.

Say you are 1m vita... with kwi sin
You go down to 10 vita. You do more damage, but are left vulnerable.

If you are Ming-ken or Ohaeng at 1m vita
You go down to 100k vita. You do less damage, but are left a lot safer.

You can also change alignments (http://nexusatlas.com/nexfiles/alignments.php). Changing alignments is a pain in the neck, but not so bad when you're a newby 99er.

-No spells
-Level 99
-At least 20001 Vitality
-At least 10001 Mana
-Trigram Keyset

So you need to have 20k vita and 10k mana, forget all spells and sacrifice a trigram keyset (enter tiger palace which is also smart to do naked with no BODs in your inventory).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jun 17 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Level 99

Losing 20k vita and 10k mana is a pretty steep price. Not to mention all the crap I'd need to get to relearn spells. >.<;

Edit: Is there anything I should know about playing a Kwi Warrior? Like, survival tips or something? tongue.gif

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jun 17 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

1. Have an amazing poet that you know you can trust to be fast and not lag.
2. Have a warning system setup so that you say "ww" or some other word 2-3 seconds before casting.
3. Wait for the poet to start casting heal on you (best to wait 2-3 casts) before actually casting ww.
4. Don't ww in a group of mobs (this is a disadvantage over the other 2 alignments) as your chances of survival decrease the more monsters are hitting you.
5. Don't ever vita attack while the poet is sc'ing (not so much a rule for kwi.. but for all fighters at any time).
6. Profit?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jun 17 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #5

Level 99

Thanks for the tips, I suppose if I cant stand it, I'll have to hunt up 20k vita and 10kmp.

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
Twerky
post Jun 18 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #6

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 302

Go Chongun.

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jun 18 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Level 99

QUOTE (Twerky @ Jun 18 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Go Chongun.

I -think- that was a joke..but before I had to quit for unforeseen circumstances (IE no money) I was in the middle of chongun trials.

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
Sliver
post Jun 18 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #8

Level 5

Member No.: 199

When you finally start using WW a lot, bring tiger hearts or bears livers or cooked food with you. I suggest going for the farmer & fisher/food prep/chef line of skills. When you ww eat 1 piece of food right away to bring you up to 1 or 2k hp. You may even set up a macro for it. Kwi Sin warriors are not unheard of, and are great 1 hitters and also good for pk

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Jun 18 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #9

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

He said it because Chonguns can HB.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jun
post Jun 18 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,803

Kwi-sin are the only true warriors

--------------------
今日, 海を見た。 もう恐くない。

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jun 18 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #11

Level 99

QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 18 2009, 06:33 PM) *
He said it because Chonguns can HB.

-Falaris

I know that, I figured he was joking about joining a SP based on what spells they have access to.

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Jun 18 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #12

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

QUOTE (ArcheKoeln @ Jun 18 2009, 07:10 PM) *
I know that, I figured he was joking about joining a SP based on what spells they have access to.

No... that wasn't a joke either. People do that.

A lot.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Jun 18 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #13

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 18 2009, 06:15 PM) *

A lot.

And are often disappointed when they find out what the spells are really like. Often giving them more credit than they are worth. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jun 18 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #14

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sliver @ Jun 18 2009, 06:30 PM) *
When you finally start using WW a lot, bring tiger hearts or bears livers or cooked food with you. I suggest going for the farmer & fisher/food prep/chef line of skills. When you ww eat 1 piece of food right away to bring you up to 1 or 2k hp. You may even set up a macro for it. Kwi Sin warriors are not unheard of, and are great 1 hitters and also good for pk

Yeah.. because Macros are legal and no chance of like.. getting banned or whatever...

Don't listen to this retard. Macros are illegal and you can get in the [Content removed] for using them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jun 18 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #15

Level 99

QUOTE (Falaris @ Jun 18 2009, 07:15 PM) *

A lot.

-Falaris

Guess I was naive in thinking people join a SP because they like the RP behind it?

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Jun 18 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #16

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (ArcheKoeln @ Jun 18 2009, 06:37 PM) *
Guess I was naive in thinking people join a SP because they like the RP behind it?

Those players do exist, but are few and far in between these days.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sliver
post Jun 18 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #17

Level 5

Member No.: 199

QUOTE (HaKSaW @ Jun 18 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Yeah.. because Macros are legal and no chance of like.. getting banned or whatever...

Don't listen to this retard. Macros are illegal and you can get in the [Content removed] for using them.

Umm yeah because auto hotkey is illegal, right?
All it does it press something like '6ee'
There's no way of Kru proving you are using autohotkey, and it is in no way auto hunting

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jun 19 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

It's still using a 3rd party application which is against the ToS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Songa
post Jun 21 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

QUOTE (SilentS @ Jun 18 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Those players do exist, but are few and far in between these days.

I find it funny when people say this. True, you're right; A lot of people join subpaths for the spells. But just look at the Muse Subpath. What spells do we have that benefit hunting at all? The only one is a mass amnesia-like spell, and most people either don't know about it or don't know how to use it properly.

On the other hand, I guess you can say that people join it because we don't have a lot of rules. Our spells aren't secret, and the rules we have about them are simply logical. We're not as uptight as other paths, so I think people join for the freedom. But really, a lot of them at least attempt to roleplay. I've had countless students who I've turned away because of their bad attitudes. Thinking that being a "dark" Muse is all about insulting every person they possibly can. Sorry but I play a dark Muse and I never have to insult people to roleplay.

Anywho, I kind of went on a rambling fest there..

My very first husband was a barbarian named blragh who liked to rend everything in the cave, for no reason. He was kwi-sin.
At first, he died a lot. But as I learned how to be a better poet, it was rare and far in between that he would die. When he did, it was either because I lagged or he didn't tell me he was about to rend. Being a good warrior has to do with having a good poet. You're going out there and putting everything on the line, relying solely on a poet to keep you alive. If your poet sucks, you will die.

The best thing that I can recommend is listen to your poet. Let them know before you're going to do a big attack so they have the time to heal you. Yelling at them will only make them not want to hunt with you anymore. And always, ALWAYS, keep health backups with you. You never know!

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 21 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #20

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (Jun @ Jun 18 2009, 05:52 PM) *
Kwi-sin are the only true warriors

Pish posh! On the contrary, only dumb warriors are Kwi sin.

Listen, Archie -- and I'm speaking from experience when I say this, do NOT go Kwi sin. The only time it makes even a bit of sense is if you have Chongun Harden-body, and even then it's is highly unreliable and nonsensical. You might be a very skilled warrior that can heal out well, but in the end you're dependent on your Poet to heal you, and the skill level for most Poets in Nexus is not good enough to handle constant (which is the aim when hunting, you want to be vita attacking on aethers) Kwi sin whirlwinds... not to mention Mages when it comes to keeping everything paralyzed.
Long story short: If you go Kwi sin, you will die and soon regret choosing that alignment to begin with.

You will not get good EXP if you have to say "Whirlwind" (or some variation of alert) and wait for the Poet to start healing you before you vita attack.
You will not get good EXP if you have to wait on the Mage to para the creatures around you before you vita attack. Wasting aethers is wasting EXP, and if you want to be an efficient hunter and useful in PK, Kwi sin is the wrong alignment.

If you're smart, you won't go Kwi sin. It's better to just go with one of the other two (I myself prefer Oheang) and not have to worry when hunting and PKing so much.

Contrary to what was said in this thread, Kwi sin warriors are NOT good for PK; they are the worst PK warriors. One of a warrior's biggest concerns is being cheaped after a vita attack, and leaving you with 10 life only serves to rub salt into the wound.

Basically, if you want to hunt and/or PK, do NOT go Kwi sin. If you simply want to RP and mess around, go ahead and be a Kwi sin.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.