IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Orbs in Carnages?
ORBS IN CARNAGE
DO ORBS MESS UP THE BALANCE IN CARNAGES?
YES! [ 5 ] ** [41.67%]
NO! [ 7 ] ** [58.33%]
Other - Comment? [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Krmit
post Jun 2 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Enchanted

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 234

IMO these things are broken and should be treated like Easter eggs in carnage's.

I think it makes dying Tops for Hosts very difficult and leads to lopsided teams.
Would love to hear your opinion.

Agree?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jun 2 2016, 11:34 AM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

I'm voting yes because I think players such as you should reap what you've sown.

You think it's totally okay that players should be able to use real-money to buy the items for the event, but don't want them to use the items in any way that inconveniences you.

Ha!

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Krmit
post Jun 2 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Enchanted

Member No.: 234

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Jun 2 2016, 12:34 PM) *
I'm voting yes because I think players such as you should reap what you've sown.

You think it's totally okay that players should be able to use real-money to buy the items for the event, but don't want them to use the items in any way that inconveniences you.

Ha!

While i do agree that i think being able to purchase item shop to get ahead (personal character) is totally legit, i think it presents a huge issue for the carnage staff to properly make teams (carnages have been an integral part of the game system since basically its inception)

Why then wouldn't they allow Easter eggs? They were available to everyone free, in game, and were banned in carnage? What are some other types of items that have such an effect on at the moment game play than orbs on the kruna store right now?

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jun 3 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #4

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (Krmit @ Jun 2 2016, 03:16 PM) *
While i do agree that i think being able to purchase item shop to get ahead (personal character) is totally legit, i think it presents a huge issue for the carnage staff to properly make teams (carnages have been an integral part of the game system since basically its inception)

Why then wouldn't they allow Easter eggs? They were available to everyone free, in game, and were banned in carnage? What are some other types of items that have such an effect on at the moment game play than orbs on the kruna store right now?

The banning of event items during carnages actually started with the runes during the ChiZao event way back when. The ones that allowed you to do things like cast room Whirlwind and Hellfire.

I was a carnage host during the time, but I was actually the first person to unleash the power of these items in carnages when I rushed the opposing team and used a room WW, killing the vast majority of the enemy team in a suicide attack. CalmWind then used one, and ended up killing his own team, including his own healer.

So that led to the banning of the items. Not so much as them being overpowered, but because they indiscriminately attacked players, including your own team. Team killing happens to be against the rules.

I don't know what these Easter egg items do, but I do know that it is typical for carnage hosts to have a lazy attitude when considering this stuff. Since prior event items were banned, it's probable they just applied a rule that any event item should be banned without any consideration to whether the items are like those ChiZao items that indiscriminately attacked everything on the screen.

Based on what NexusAtlas said, these current event items just let you cast Sa san spells. I don't really see the problem.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Jann
post Jun 3 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #5

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 600
Characters: Jann

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Jun 3 2016, 12:33 PM) *
Based on what NexusAtlas said, these current event items just let you cast Sa san spells. I don't really see the problem.

They swapped out the Sa san spells with these:
- Orb of Paralyze Ripple : Paralyzes surrounding monsters of friend
- Orb of Whirlwind Ripple: Double Whirlwind, front and back (leaves 10% vita, regardless of alignment)
- Orb of Lethal Strike Ripple: Double Lethal Strike, front and back
- Orb of ASV: ASV one cast
- Orb of Restore: Restore aether reduced in half

In my opinion, these are worst for PK than previously. When they were Sa spells, most people would have the heal because it had no delay. In a game where you have 3 killers classes and 1 healer class, it did not hurt to have more healers. However, I don't agree with giving everyone a heal because that is just a very lazy way to try and balance a broken system. As things stand now, with current orbs, the poet class really has no incentive to heal anyone (other than themselves) after they attack. These should definitely not be enabled in PK, they just add to the imbalance.

While I understand the goal to try and make the game more solo-friendly and earn a little profit while doing so, this is a half-assed attempt that was poorly thought out and appears more like a money grab more than anything else. The "minds" at KRU ask for advice from their player base and completely ignore every suggestion thrown at them once again. Tangun is unanimously voted as the number one problem, yet we get Manchuria and orbs? Shocking.

KRU, hire Carey Martell and make him your business advisor. tongue.gif

--------------------
-;'Jann

+Quote Post
Qwertyer
post Jun 10 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #6

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,218

Holy [Content removed] maverick do you do anything else but post on NF about "the good ole days!" of nexus?

+Quote Post
Foxfire
post Jun 19 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #7

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,761
Characters: Foxfire

As far as I know, they don't work in on carnage server, and if we were given the choice, we would probably ban them anyway. The caster orbs aren't very useful in pk and the fighter spells wouldn't do any better than their regular attacks unless someone has the bad luck to stand behind them when they attack someone in front of them.

--------------------
~* Nwyfre Foxfire k'Treva *~

Freerice - Feed the hungry, expand your vocabulary.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:55 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.