Rachel
post Sep 3 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

Post any comments, opinions, or suggestions here. We're all pretty busy at the moment fixing the bugs, but we'll be sure to read what you have to say!

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ishman
post Sep 3 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 126

Well done, at least. ^^

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Sep 3 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Love the new layout. As for suggestions.. Maybe an update to the Legend Mark section for the subpaths? Missing a few. And also maybe state that on the Chongun wedding mark, that we are unable to preform that anymore so that we are not asked about it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Aeladya
post Sep 3 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 753
Characters: AkitoSan

I love the new layout. It is colorful and very fun.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ace
post Sep 5 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

Like they said, I think its awesome! My suggestion for a change would be to keep the current tab you're in, open as you browse. For instance if you go to the Library tab and then pick a link, as soon as the page loads it switches you back to the Game Info tab. Instead, it'd be cool if the library tab stayed open until you chose a new tab.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
Sarad
post Sep 5 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #6

Level 99

Member No.: 649
Characters: Sarad, CrimAngel, Kuarma

Wow....That's all I can say...Wow...

This new layout is amazing. HUGE props to the NA staff. =D

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Sep 5 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #7

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

QUOTE(Ace @ Sep 5 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]11200[/snapback]
My suggestion for a change...

Mine too, but it doesn't seem possible. =/

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Sep 5 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

Cookies or sessions would work.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Sep 5 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #9

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Characters: Bless

QUOTE(Dritz @ Sep 5 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]11248[/snapback]

Cookies or sessions would work.

It really doesnt need that. Because obviously, if you are in the armor page, you just clicked on the Library section. Thus program the armor page to show that section. We just haven't done it yet.

+Quote Post
Michike
post Sep 6 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

I love the new layout, it looks nice and fits the new client perfectly. thumbs up. smile.gif

As mentionned just making searching more userfriendly (less clicks) would make me completely happy too. I don't care how you do it but recoding each page seems like much work to me as oposed to making your page structured and not loading the whole site with each click.

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
Nagnag
post Sep 7 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #11

Ee san
Group Icon

From: Kugnae forever! Weapon: ** Black Thorn ** Armor: ** Black Tuxedo ** Shield: ** Dagger **
Member No.: 4

The idea of having the tab stay open on each page you go on is possible but is a lot of work. You see, each page uses a function called "include" which, basically, includes another html file inside of itself. For instance, the tabs on the left is a seperate html file that is linked on all of the sites. One way we could keep the tabs open is by converting the website to frames, which would not be hard to do, but would be a lot of redundant work. Each seperate html file already has the "includes" included in the code, thus - redundantly removing those.

With frames, your tab would stay open, and this is something I will suggest to the staff and see what they think. I believe this will cut loading times down as well.

--------------------
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."

+Quote Post
Michike
post Sep 7 2006, 04:15 AM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

Frames might work but you'll go through the same pain indeed since you'ld need to remove all of the "includes". I think we'll all be patient and accept the fact that you'll need to go through a tremendously horrible task of changing a line of code in each page of the website. I'ld consider converting structure immediatly even if it's a lot of work, it could help you later on when adding a feature (your idea of frames or going further and coding it (php/asp/...) keeping your content management seperated from the structure management).

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Sep 7 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #13

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

In the future when one of you is really bored you could implement AJAX if you wanted to. That makes it a fairly simple matter without dealing with frames.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
Pyogenes
post Sep 7 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #14

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Characters: Superman, Batman, umm.... Superman.

Will the forums recieve a similar facelift?smile.gif

--------------------
Shh... I'm lurking...

+Quote Post
KamiKazi
post Sep 7 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #15

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

I like the new layout a lot. It's more ..Nexusish?

One thing that bothers me though, is that if you tell someone about it and it's their first time ever going to nexusatlas.com it can be very confusing.

However on the old look on the left it had the listings
Spells
Armor, ect.

Now you have to click library to find it.

--------------------
This is my signature.

+Quote Post
Vandal
post Sep 10 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #16

Level 99

Member No.: 789

Blasts...! You guys beat me to my idea for layout, I actually started re-building Nexus Life Corp 4 months ago, production ceased 1 month later since I have been between places, I really like the theme of course and it has gone much towards what I was trying to accomplish, the new item slots are also very catchy, Perhaps a use can be made of them though as a quick link to those specific item types. Also I see you guys too had the issue with coping with Nexus' Drop over edges on Side display. I simply just ignored the rules and went ahead and extended it a bit further with the common background I had set for pages which suited the need for faster loading speed on slow connections and did not need to retrace tabs. Although it is a shame to not see the "health" bar be utilized, perhaps with Stat Addict you guys could add in a randomly Generated person to show on the bottom left corner of display to sort of tie in Endpage and Prevent the page to look as if its trailing on.

-----Nexus Life Corp which was a Fighting guild that would have eventually been marked much like now a days Nexus Champions, except was made for purely 1 on 1 Dueling. Anyways side project that I built for someone in Nexus who wanted me to do everything for him. --------

Anyways, back to what my point of coming here was to find out if the creator would be offened if I continue my work once I get back on solid ground in life. I of course do not need to because as my Title in Nexus states, I am the East Koguryian Ninja and I can always come up with something else but it is over 70% done at the moment so it would be a pain to backtrack.

-Vandal

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Sep 11 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #17

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

Who owns our layout? Obviously NexusAtlas does but we took the "look and feel" directly from Nexus and we don't own that. Last December, TSWulf called the whole staff together to brainstorm a new NexusAtlas layout. Rachel was the first to suggest using the in game tab feature. At the same meeting, she and Nagnag drew up separate mockups which basically looked the same. We ran into some coding problems very quickly and thought we wouldn't pull it off at all. Rachel had to cut down on her support time due to real life issues. Nagnag made a mock layout. Nagnag and I spent months trying to break the coding problems. For instance, allowing you to log onto the Forums from the main page. Sometime in May/June we found a way to make it work. The summer was spent making final changes to the layout; making many test pages and redoing it all till it was the best we could do. There are still many tweaks we want done and many pages that need editing to blend in with the new layout.

I think in late January or early February Nexus Charts also adopted a tabbed menu system. NexusAtlas does not own that idea.

The staff has griped many times about the current content management but no one has the time to completely revamp the site. Perhaps if we get more time or more staff who know programming we can work on that.

Conro wanted to make a contest to revamp the forum layout. Staffers who have had experience with forum software talked about the difficulty involved so he dropped the idea.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Caspar
post Sep 11 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #18

Enchanted

Member No.: 552

what are the specs for the affiliates banners for the new layout

--------------------
Play G'oh? Well then lets play!
www.gohleague.com

+Quote Post
Sebelle
post Sep 11 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #19

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

QUOTE(Caspar @ Sep 11 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]12039[/snapback]

what are the specs for the affiliates banners for the new layout

I direct you to this information, posted by Rachel in the "Buttons" thread.

If you have Photoshop, your life will be much easier by using this template.

http://www.nexusatlas.com/Button%20Template.psd

If not, you can work with this.

IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Caspar
post Sep 14 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #20

Enchanted

Member No.: 552

thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Play G'oh? Well then lets play!
www.gohleague.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.