> New Gem Cutting Chart
Coolboyman
post Nov 28 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 65

I was using my rogue to craft ambers, and I decided to work on a new kind of chart. One that wasnt based on how many ambers you'd attempt to craft, but how many crafted ambers actually made. Here is my chart so far.

Novice - 1
Apprentice - 15
Accomplished - 60
Adept - 310
Talented - 830
Skilled - 2320 or 2340

This is judging on how many "points" you would get for every crafted amber made. I heard somewhere that Ambers were worth one point, Darks were worth two, whites and yellows were either three or four. For well crafted, I assumed they'd be worth the same ammount. If anyone has any accurate information how many points each amber gets, I'd appreciate it! If any of the points given are wrong, we can at least fix skilled.

Here is the total ammount from novice to skilled:

Amber:
Crafted - 1080
Well - 288

Dark Amber:
Crafted - 376
Well - 70

White Amber:
Crafted - 16
Well - 4

Then maybe, we could actually figure out this mystery once and for all.

UPDATE: -COMPLETED CHART-

Novice - 1
Novice-Apprentice - 15
Novice-Accomplished - 60
Novice-Adept - 310
Novice-Talented - ?
Novice-Skilled - 1834
Novice-Expert - 4767
Novice-Master - 8782
Novice-Grand Master - 12998
Novice-Champion - 26151
Novice-Legendary - 52596
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stabme
post Nov 28 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

i think its conro who has a chart like this, and according to him, whites/yellows/darks/regs are all worth the SAME, thus its a REALLY POOR INVESTMENT to craft anything but regs. i think it was conro; whoever it was was a legendary (?) gemcutter.

--------------------
IMEDIAT: I am the Lixir! I speak for the Wars!
I no longer Elixir or draw Imediat. I now help make music free for all: Grooveshark

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Nov 29 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE(stabme @ Nov 28 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]19659[/snapback]

i think its conro who has a chart like this, and according to him, whites/yellows/darks/regs are all worth the SAME, thus its a REALLY POOR INVESTMENT to craft anything but regs. i think it was conro; whoever it was was a legendary (?) gemcutter.

Well if that's true, then my chart still works, I think i did nothing but ambers from novice to adept, thus the talented mark is wrong be wrong. Adding the crafted ambers by number instead of assumed points is thus:

Novice - 1
Apprentice - 15
Accomplished - 60
Adept - 310
Talented - ?
Skilled - 1834

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Nov 29 2006, 02:15 AM
Post #4

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

Every kind of amber is the same. Skill ups are random, based on successes. It doesn't matter if it's a regular success or masterful success. The chance that you will get a skill up becomes greater for consecutive successes. The chance that you will get a skill up becomes greater if you craft during totem time.

Regular ambers are the easiest to craft successfully, so they will help you gain skill the fastest.

Most people overcharge for regular ambers, so they're bad for your wallet unless you can find a jeweler who buys crafted ambers. But if you're looking for money, it's more profitable to sell to gem cutters than to become one yourself.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Nov 29 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

I break even with ambers almost every time. (This is coming from a Skilled gemcutter anyway)

100 Ambers = 40k

I usually get on average, 55 Tarnished, 35 Crafted, and 10 Well Crafted. I sell the tarnished and well crafted to Baegi.

55 * 120 = 6,600
10 * 800 = 8,000

That's 14600 so far. I sell the 35 crafted ambers for 500 gold each to Jewelers. It's hard to find a sale sometimes, but I just collect the Crafted ambers, and keep them until I find a sale.

35 * 500 = 17500

That's 32,100 gold total, only losing 7,900. If ambers were still 30k/100, I'd actually be making money. But the rates are just going to get better and soon I'll be seeing some gold hopefully. (Hopefully they wont increase the prices again)

As far as jeweling goes, acording to the chart it will take 1,000 crafted ambers and 500,000 gold just to get apprentice. Screw that.

+Quote Post
solman
post Nov 30 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

Wow you guys sure are funny... The harder the amber the more skill points (or however you calculate it) you recieve. Its just common sence. This would never change.

Now depending on how sucessfull you are is something completely diffrent. Just out of curosity though, how many of you actually think kru would spend the time just making diffrent tables in crafting skills? I don't picture them changing hardly at all. I really wish I got into more crafting skills and wrote some charts personally. I would of had very accurate charts I do believe. I honestly can't comment that much though... I just don't picture kru spending any time to fix/change this. Thats what I personally find funny.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
Ace
post Nov 30 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #7

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

QUOTE(Rachel @ Nov 29 2006, 12:15 AM) [snapback]19680[/snapback]

Regular ambers are the easiest to craft successfully, so they will help you gain skill the fastest.

At some point the easiest to craft successfully changes regular to Yellow ambers, I think it might be expert or master or.... maybe gm not sure somewhere in there you start to craft yellows and never tarnish any, you just make crafted or well crafted yellows and never tarnish. Oddly you still tarnish darks/regs/and whites, but not yellows.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Dec 5 2006, 03:20 AM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Just reached Expert, here are my results:

(This chart is not for Skilled-Expert, but is for Novice-Expert)

Amber:
Crafted - 2919
Well - 877

Dark amber:
Crafted - 696
Well - 142

White amber:
Crafted - 78
Well - 19

Yellow amber:
Crafted - 31
Well - 5

+Quote Post
Nussan
post Dec 5 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #9

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 828
Characters: Nussan, Loke, Chippn

Different kinds of ambers don't have different values. If you craft 20000 regular ambers, you will be of higher skill than if you craft 20000 white ambers, because there's a higher failrate on white ambers.

Skill levels are based on successes, and not how many/which material you use. Thats why carpenters do the cheap weaving tools for skill, instead of the more profitable stuff (if they did something more profitable they'd need a lot more wood to reach the same skill level).

And yes, at Champion you no longer fail with yellow ambers so it would be a better option for Champ gemcutters to cut only yellows, instead of regs or darks. But who hunts lobsters these days! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Dec 5 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #10

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

I wish they gave us back the Skill increase messages every time our skill went up.. that taught me a lot about how the system worked. Either that, or get rid of them completely. Showing them randomly doesn't help anything.

I still never met those people that complained about too many skill increase messages..

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Dec 5 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #11

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nussan @ Dec 5 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]20322[/snapback]

Different kinds of ambers don't have different values. If you craft 20000 regular ambers, you will be of higher skill than if you craft 20000 white ambers, because there's a higher failrate on white ambers.

Skill levels are based on successes, and not how many/which material you use. Thats why carpenters do the cheap weaving tools for skill, instead of the more profitable stuff (if they did something more profitable they'd need a lot more wood to reach the same skill level).

And yes, at Champion you no longer fail with yellow ambers so it would be a better option for Champ gemcutters to cut only yellows, instead of regs or darks. But who hunts lobsters these days! tongue.gif

Yeah, I hada bunch of dark/white/yellow ambers with me right after I turend skilled, so I decided I should just craft them anyway. After they were all gone, I only did regular ambers, and that's what I'll continue to do.

+Quote Post
SungKen
post Dec 12 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

I thought at some point you actually could craft Darks at the same rate as regs?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Dec 12 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #13

Sam san
Group Icon

Actually Darks give a slightly better rate than Regulars. The problem of course, is you lose more money crafting darks instead of regulars. Lets do some math

Ambers:
Crafted Amber = 45 * 400 = 18000
Well Crafted = 10 * 800 = 8000
Tarnished = 45 * 120 = 5400
Total: 31400
100 Ambers cost: 40000
Money Lost: 8600

Dark Ambers:
Crafted Amber = 45 * 800 = 36000
Well Crafted = 10 * 2000 = 20000
Tarnished = 45 * 150 = 6750
Total: 62750
100 Darks Cost: 90000
Money Lost: 27250

Of course, the better you get, the smaller the gap between ambers and dark ambers get. And eventually, it would be more profitable to craft darks than regulars. lets say you got well crafted on EVERY amber.

100 Well Crafted Ambers = 80,000 Gold
100 Amber = 40k
Money made: 40k

100 Well Crafted Darks = 200,000 gold
100 Dark amber = 90k
Money made: 110k

20 Well Crafted Whites = 120,000 gold (if sold to Beagi)
20 Whites = 20k
Money made: 100k

20 Well Crafted Yellows = 100,000 gold
20 Yellows = 40k
Money made: 60k

+Quote Post
lepetitchou
post Dec 12 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #14

Level 5

Member No.: 444

QUOTE(Coolboyman @ Dec 12 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]20910[/snapback]

100 Ambers cost: 40000
100 Darks Cost: 90000

Darks you pinned right, but amber can easily be bought for 35k/100 even in larger amounts. Especially considering VERY FEW people buy crafted amber anymore.

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Dec 12 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE(lepetitchou @ Dec 12 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]20928[/snapback]

Darks you pinned right, but amber can easily be bought for 35k/100 even in larger amounts. Especially considering VERY FEW people buy crafted amber anymore.

I got three people who always buy from me.

I just reached master! Heres the new chart

This is based on the total crafted: (example Novice-Skilled = 1834)

Novice - 1
Apprentice - 15
Accomplished - 60
Adept - 310
Talented - ?
Skilled - 1834
Expert - 4767
Master - 8782
Grand Master - ?
Champion - ?
Legendary - ?

+Quote Post
SungKen
post Dec 13 2006, 02:51 AM
Post #16

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

Those are sucesses right? Or is it total crafted?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Dec 13 2006, 04:50 AM
Post #17

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE(SungKen @ Dec 13 2006, 02:51 AM) [snapback]20959[/snapback]

Those are sucesses right? Or is it total crafted?

Its based on how many crafted / well crafted ambers you have succesfully created.

+Quote Post
Conro
post Dec 14 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #18

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

The Type of Amber doesn't matter.

My charts I made compare to those who used higher ambers, and I did nothing but Dark amber (For the most part) from Champ-Legendary.

Well's do give a better increase, though, I believe.

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Dec 16 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #19

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

My rogue was legendary gem crafter when the new skills were released...she financially supports my whole account that way.

She's taken up jewelling and it's very expensive. Several jewellers told me not to bother using well crafted ambers of any type and not to use crafted amber either. I would say my success rate is about the same with Crafted amber and Crafted dk amber. Since I never buy amber, I do better to use Crafted dk amber. Surprisingly I make money if I make simple (love) rings. They are a lot more to craft (4 ambers + 10k) but I make a bit more than I spend most of the time. If there were a market for rings it'd be great...otherwise expect to spend millions. I craft when I have 2 to 3k crafted dk ambers.

I'm bad about not recording what I've done but my rogue is only accomplished jeweller and she's gone through at least 8k crafted amber and 5k crafted dk amber and miscellaneous crafted white and yellow ambers. At accomplished I can no longer make small totem rings and can rarely make medium totem rings. So if anyone has a small chung ryong ring I'll love to make a screenshot of it because that image is missing from the armor page!

If details on gem crafting can be worked out, I can revise the skill information page.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Nussan
post Dec 17 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #20

Level 5

Member No.: 828
Characters: Nussan, Loke, Chippn

At Legendary gemcutter I average at between 103 and 104k from 100 dark ambers. Ew! sad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:11 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.