post Aug 28 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #161

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (Dritz @ Aug 22 2010, 07:40 PM) *
School is going to/has started. Comparing from month to month is silly.

I don't see how that effects people staying in a subpath or remaining registered.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Aug 28 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #162

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

Plenty of people unregister during school. Plus there is an amazing number of people who for some reason feel the need to leave their path if they quit the game. I suppose they don't want the incentive to come back or something.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
Songa
post Aug 28 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #163

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

I just wanted to comment on something written about 100 pages ago, since I just now read all of this.

As far as trials not being a necessity to join a Subpath. That's not true at all. The purpose of trials is to teach students about the path they are about to be a part of. I don't expect them to know every single tidbit about it, because let's face it, that's ridiculous. If you're a Muse student, I do expect you to know things about Muses. It just seems weird to me that I would walk someone who doesn't know why we have goats in our Circle, who Girl is, or who the Goddesses are. These things were created by legends of the Muse path, and make up most of it's roleplay. Trials, to me, are more about teaching you about our path and basically what it's roleplay is like. For example, I wouldn't expect anyone to know who Thanatos is. In fact I'm sure if you whisper some Muse walkers, they couldn't tell you the whole story! Why? It's not written in our scroll, and few people even know the real story. I only know it because I was told by a former Elder. (simply because I was curious, and weirdly I enjoy history facts.)

I also would never, ever in a million years make people go through some things that I had to go through in order to be a Muse. It's completely ridiculous to me that people actually expect you to jump through hoops in order to roleplay. I can and will always roleplay a Muse, whether I'm in that path or not. I simply enjoy the way I roleplay as Songa. And actually, when we make people do ridiculous tasks in order to get into our Subpaths, we aren't helping to improve their roleplay - we are hindering it. You can't expect people to fit into the same mold.

As someone (sorry, I forgot who!) said a while ago.. doing subpath trials is supposed to be fun.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Sep 20 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #164

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

Almost a month later, I'm busy on the 22nd so I thought I'd do it today since I have some free time.

Mage: 248 -3 difference
Diviner: 87----87, 0
Geomancer: 70------69, -1
Shaman: 78-----76, -2

Poet: 244. -23 dif
Druid: 77-----77. 0
Monk: 125----114, -11 (WOW, this is the first real loss for the Monk)
Muse: 75--------63, -12 (WOW)

Warrior: 235, -15 diff
Barbarian: 80-----78, -2
Do: 59------54, -5 (CRUCIAL QUOTA LOL)
Chongun: 92-----84, -8 (decent loss)

Rogue: 276, +1 diff
Spy: 80----76, -4
Ranger: 90------80, -10
Merchant: 88------93, +5

-40 Subpath member loss for this month. It's also interesting that this is titled where have the Do gone, as they're right on the cusp of being under the quote (it's possible they actually are if they 4 alt Do's. To me this is the most exciting thing to happen to Nexus in years because we'll finally see what happens to a Subpath that dips under (and presuming we're at the max population Nexus can achieve under this ownership) will they abolish the path? Put a new Elder in? Make it NPC like was threatened? Cool stuff.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
Kensi
post Sep 20 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #165

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 5,521

Where have all the Do gone?

TO THE DUBSTEP!
(whomp, whomp, whomp)

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Sep 20 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #166

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Sep 20 2010, 01:59 PM) *
-40 Subpath member loss for this month. It's also interesting that this is titled where have the Do gone, as they're right on the cusp of being under the quote (it's possible they actually are if they 4 alt Do's. To me this is the most exciting thing to happen to Nexus in years because we'll finally see what happens to a Subpath that dips under (and presuming we're at the max population Nexus can achieve under this ownership) will they abolish the path? Put a new Elder in? Make it NPC like was threatened? Cool stuff.

They haven't updated the cash shop in two months. At this point I doubt they care if a path goes under quota.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Nov 1 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #167

Ee san
Group Icon

Mage: 235 -13 difference
Diviner: 87----86, -1
Geomancer: 69------67, -2
Shaman: 76-----66, -10

Poet: 248. +4 dif
Druid: 77-----71. -6
Monk: 114----122, +8
Muse: 63--------65, +2

Warrior: 241, +6 diff
Barbarian: 78-----84, +6
Do: 54------64, +10
Chongun: 84-----74, -10

Rogue: 261, -15 diff
Spy: 76----77, +1
Ranger: 80------79, -1
Merchant: 93------78, -15

So in a little over a month we're seeing some big losses again. 4 Subpaths are now in the 60's as opposed to 2 on September 20th. It's not surprising and not even really news but I think its interesting to follow. It should also be noted that the big gainer the Do had attained this through uhh "free walks"-- It's apparent that the current subpath system won't house the foreign demographics need, and it wouldn't surprise me that by Next month we see more than a -18 difference (approx 2% of the subpath totals) in total and half of the subpaths in the 60's (I see the Chongun and Druid falling according to recent stats) and it wouldn't surprise me to see someone such as the Do or possibly the Shaman in the 50's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Nov 1 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #168

Oh san
Group Icon

It's not surprising.

The subpaths and clans continue to act as separate entities and don't co-operate to engineer player ran events that the community actually gives two [Content removed]s about, and KRU continues to refuse to update the game mechanics to make it a competitive product in today's market.

I think people are continuing to log in and socialize with their small group of friends more out of habit than because they actually care about the game. But the number of people who are able to break the habit is rising.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Foxfire
post Nov 2 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #169

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,761
Characters: Foxfire

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Nov 2 2010, 12:17 AM) *
The subpaths and clans continue to act as separate entities and don't co-operate to engineer player ran events that the community actually gives two [Content removed]s about, and KRU continues to refuse to update the game mechanics to make it a competitive product in today's market.

Unless I'm horribly off my mark at comprehending what you meant by that statement.. I'd like to say that we druids had two very succesful, community-involved festivals in the last few months and plenty of subpaths volunteered to host a game with us during them. The Do, the Geomancers, the Barbarians, the Shaman, the Merchants, the Rangers, the Monks, even the Spies.. sooo..

--------------------
~* Nwyfre Foxfire k'Treva *~

Freerice - Feed the hungry, expand your vocabulary.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Nov 3 2010, 05:08 AM
Post #170

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Foxfire @ Nov 2 2010, 05:24 PM) *
Unless I'm horribly off my mark at comprehending what you meant by that statement.. I'd like to say that we druids had two very succesful, community-involved festivals in the last few months and plenty of subpaths volunteered to host a game with us during them. The Do, the Geomancers, the Barbarians, the Shaman, the Merchants, the Rangers, the Monks, even the Spies.. sooo..

Carnivals cannot save Nexus.

There is a reason that every story must have conflict. When it comes to roleplaying games, the conflict must be something the players (i.e. community) can actually engage in rather than simply watch.

Behind the scenes, subpaths should co-operate but the public face should be conflict between groups. As I said in another thread the Druid path was vastly more interesting when they were constantly engaged in conflict with the Shamans. The same goes for Chonguns Vs. Barbarians, Spies Vs. KRA, KRA Vs. BIA, Sun Moon Vs. Dharma, Forsaken Vs. The Legion, Muse Vs. Shaman, etc

This game used to be interesting. It's gotten boring after everyone decided to start holding hands or adapt the absolutely retarded ideology of "neutrality" so nothing truly interesting ever happened beyond sitting in the Circle talking about stupid crap until someone does something to put the path into a panic, usually over something relatively insignificant like a subpath item being sold or offensive post written about the path. Things that, on the whole, doesn't actually change anything but people treat like a dire emergency because so little happens they jump at the first minor thing they can jump at.

This isn't a matter of opinion. It's an absolute fact that good storytelling requires conflict and good game storytelling requires interactive conflict. Even the Care Bears of the game want conflict which is why they're always posting something conflict related on the CotW board; maybe they aren't instigating but they sure do respond to it. Hell, you're responding to something I said that you disliked.

To contrast and compare, the Do PVP events were vastly more popular than the Way of Peace lectures. Why? One had interactive conflict and the other didn't, that's why.

Same goes for Chongun Battle of the Sonbae / Musadan versus damn near every other event Chongun have held, with the exception of the Chongun Vs Barb battles which were so popular half the community went to Vale to watch them, place bets, and even try to interrupt (and consequently some guarded against those trying to interrupt the event).

People remember the Muse Vs. Shaman, Shaman Vs. Druid and Sun Moon Vs. Dharma events fondly. Yet many other more recent events by these organizations have faded from their memory.

There is a reason NexusAtlas doesn't report on events that lack conflict, or at least they always report on events with conflict while others may be overlooked (especially the carnival booth stuff). They're boring to the community at large and only of interest to the people who run them. They contribute to the death of the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WereWulf
post Nov 3 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #171

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 306
Characters: Don't mess up the tables!

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Nov 3 2010, 06:08 AM) *
Carnivals cannot save Nexus.

There is a reason that every story must have conflict. When it comes to roleplaying games, the conflict must be something the players (i.e. community) can actually engage in rather than simply watch.

Behind the scenes, subpaths should co-operate but the public face should be conflict between groups. As I said in another thread the Druid path was vastly more interesting when they were constantly engaged in conflict with the Shamans. The same goes for Chonguns Vs. Barbarians, Spies Vs. KRA, KRA Vs. BIA, Sun Moon Vs. Dharma, Forsaken Vs. The Legion, Muse Vs. Shaman, etc

This game used to be interesting. It's gotten boring after everyone decided to start holding hands or adapt the absolutely retarded ideology of "neutrality" so nothing truly interesting ever happened beyond sitting in the Circle talking about stupid crap until someone does something to put the path into a panic, usually over something relatively insignificant like a subpath item being sold or offensive post written about the path.

100% True. All the events today are just quick 1hr "gimme" points for another useless tile in clans/subpaths. *cough* Why Nagnang should have never become a care bear member in our tri-kingdom state. It would of been really great to allow clans and subpaths (option to move) in a hostile nation. But that will never happen, DM is absolutely right. I will now insert a sad.gif

--------------------
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Nov 3 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #172

Ee san
Group Icon

Good points DM and the worst part is most people in nexus with power don't even realize it, or worse, fear change. They think the same old crap they've been doing for years is working, so why fix it? A great example is "the burning of the chongun creed" crap that would lead to the Shaman v Chongun war which because people couldn't handle it lead to that huge mess.

I know there rp's were muddied but in all honesty nowadays what seperates a Barb, Chongy, and Do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kensi
post Nov 3 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #173

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 5,521

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Nov 3 2010, 01:56 PM) *
...I know there rp's were muddied but in all honesty nowadays what seperates a Barb, Chongy, and Do?

Far, far less than one would think. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Nov 3 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #174

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Nov 3 2010, 02:56 PM) *
I know there rp's were muddied but in all honesty nowadays what seperates a Barb, Chongy, and Do?

Barbs still hasn't evolved beyond "Trash royal palace floor with random junk" RP.
Chonguns are now the next hot controversy topic cause of what Liadriel did.
Do dont exist cause you hear squat from them.

The end.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Nov 3 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #175

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kensi @ Nov 3 2010, 05:18 PM) *
Far, far less than one would think. smile.gif

My point exactly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Dec 1 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #176

Ee san
Group Icon

Diviner: 86----80, -6
Geomancer: 67------79, +12
Shaman: 66-----57, -9 (thats -19 over 2 months)

Druid: 71-----66. -5 (-11 over 2 months)
Monk: 122----121, -1
Muse: 65--------67, +2

Barbarian: 84-----79, -5
Do: 64------62, -2
Chongun: 74-----84, +10

Spy: 77----84, +7
Ranger: 79------84, +5
Merchant: 78------78, 0

+18 new subpath members-- first month in a long long time for subpath to have positive gains. Looks like the Shamans are losing big though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destyn
post Dec 3 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #177

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Dec 1 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Diviner: 86----80, -6
Geomancer: 67------79, +12
Shaman: 66-----57, -9 (thats -19 over 2 months)

Druid: 71-----66. -5 (-11 over 2 months)
Monk: 122----121, -1
Muse: 65--------67, +2

Barbarian: 84-----79, -5
Do: 64------62, -2
Chongun: 74-----84, +10

Spy: 77----84, +7
Ranger: 79------84, +5
Merchant: 78------78, 0

+18 new subpath members-- first month in a long long time for subpath to have positive gains. Looks like the Shamans are losing big though.

What dates do these numbers look at?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Dec 3 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #178

Ee san
Group Icon

nov1 and dec1 (I didn't retally the mage, poet, war, rogue totals though so don't take those for fact). I just come back to this thread copy and paste the old totals then input the new ones, if you look back you'll see numbers going back quite a few months to April.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Dec 5 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #179

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

Here's going by list Yeas made in April.

Mage: 235 -26 difference
Diviner: 88----80, -8
Geomancer: 94------79, -15
Shaman: 79-----57, -22

Poet: 248. -32 dif
Druid: 77-----66. -11
Monk: 127----121, -6
Muse: 76--------67, -9

Warrior: 241, -14 diff
Barbarian: 102-----79, -23
Do: 71------62, -9
Chongun: 82-----84, +2

Rogue: 261, -14 diff
Spy: 91---84, -14
Ranger: 90------84, -6
Merchant: 94------78, -16

Total subpath loss since April: 137

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Dec 5 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #180

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Seeing the actual numbers are a little concerning.

Still have to consider the obvious:

1.) Many of these characters are also bank characters
2.) One account unregistering could lead to multiples for in the same-subpath (or retiring a bank account)
3.) Likewise, one player leaving could effect 4 different paths. (if not more, some people have 2-3 accounts)
4.) Doesn't necessarily mean those people are leaving game, as they could be transitioning to another path or NPC.

But the loses being shown are still real enough that we will be likely to see pre-quota numbers soon but without the community numbers.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:33 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.