IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Best Representations Of, Each Subpath!
The Best Representatioins of Each Subpath!
HELLO
I AM GOING TO VOTE ON ONE OR MORE SUBPATHS! YOU'RE WELCOME, KILLEH. [ 25 ] ** [75.76%]
I AM NOT GOING TO VOTE, BUT THAT'S OKAY, I'M NOT A JERK. [ 8 ] ** [24.24%]
Total Votes: 33
Guests cannot vote 
Winder
post Oct 28 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #81

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 8
Characters: Winder

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Oct 28 2010, 02:03 AM) *
Sort of Off topic:

Blargh you're being harsh on Winder. He's not a bad choice, I can see how he gets in a conversation like this, and he wasn't a "bad" Elder, but Winder's in that "SilentS category". Long tenured, good people, good social stature, but uninspiring in their role. They represented their path not as the paths themselves but as public servants (for a lack of a better word). They didn't roleplay or forward that cause as much as they filled a leadership role. No offense to Winder (or to SilentS) because he's such a great person, he's the kind of guy you'd want to talk to on Nexus and enjoyed being around, but he's not what I think of when I think of Barbarian in the way someone like say Crumble was. I should note though, that the way in which he did "roleplay" (I say that loosely because I think he was like a lot of people and wasn't acting) was refreshing at the time and certainly opened up new avenues for Barbarians. But lets face it, the days of "Townie", raiding events, and throwing junk around the palace were long gone when Winder took hold. And no matter how cliche those things were, that is the; Barbarian subpath.

What the hell! I got Elder AND stepped down from it before SilentS. If anything, he should be in the "Winder category"! That is such bull[Content removed].

Blargh is always that way -- there's only a 50% chance he's being serious, the other 50% is that he's trying to tick me off lol. He's probably a little annoyed that I'm retired and don't have to listen to complaints anymore!

I'm probably showing my (nexus) age at this point, but the raiding thing was really only something that 2-3 elders embraced; I think it drew so much attention though that people began to define us by it, and that's a shame (or the most awesome thing ever if it happens to be the thing you want to be known for). With that said, the gods cracked down on us ridiculously hard after the things Crumble did -- to the point of mass jailings and time outs (jailing without brands). So yes, raiding events was over, but there really wasn't a choice in the matter unless we were willing to be continuously jailed tongue.gif

--------------------
"He who stands against the Horde,
shall stand no more" - Winder, The Merciless.
Those who share my blood and stand with Honor
and Courage, only they may call me brother.

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Aug 8 2010, 03:29 AM) *
Well, I guess I'm wrong then.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Oct 28 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #82

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Winder @ Oct 28 2010, 03:22 PM) *
What the hell! I got Elder AND stepped down from it before SilentS. If anything, he should be in the "Winder category"! That is such bull[Content removed].

Would you get out of my shadow and do your own thing already!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Oct 28 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #83

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

Is it too late for me to put in a tie breaker vote that will upset a lot of people? smile.gif

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Oct 28 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #84

Sa san
Group Icon

Probably, but do it anyways.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pitseleh
post Oct 28 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #85

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,574
Characters: Pitseleh

Winder saved my butt recently.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Oct 28 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #86

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

from what? a pack of rabid squirrels?

+Quote Post
Pitseleh
post Oct 28 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #87

Level 5

No he was the only Barb I could get to talk to me for some kinda thing I had to do for Monks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TackleTK
post Oct 29 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #88

Level 5

Member No.: 13,538

Ya I'ma go ahead and weigh in on this, sorry Winder we are cool these days but oh well.

For winder to represent the essence of a Barbarian is super retarded. lol RP has changed so much thouhg, getting positions of power is really about who can kick it the hardest. Anyways, Winder is too much of a push over, every woman talk toer, =P rp using, suck up. keke! You're welcome. Also who ever said Suwan, is remedial. Might as well say KOfighter pfff.

MPython, Barnibus, Locosam, Glen(Philistine), SchreechPU, Consequence, Hance, Mnementh, Zarcom, Wimp, ChronicKilla, XitachiX, DaRkBrOoD, Durakone, Twiddles, Purekin, SuNkArA, and last but not least my home boy, Crumble.

These are all good choices, no winder please.
Again no offence winder, you're just not manly enough to be a good representation of the path as a whole lol

+Quote Post
Pitseleh
post Oct 29 2010, 05:46 AM
Post #89

Level 5

QUOTE (TackleTK @ Oct 29 2010, 06:25 AM) *
Ya I'ma go ahead and weigh in on this, sorry Winder we are cool these days but oh well.

For winder to represent the essence of a Barbarian is super retarded. lol RP has changed so much thouhg, getting positions of power is really about who can kick it the hardest. Anyways, Winder is too much of a push over, every woman talk toer, =P rp using, suck up. keke! You're welcome. Also who ever said Suwan, is remedial. Might as well say KOfighter pfff.

MPython, Barnibus, Locosam, Glen(Philistine), SchreechPU, Consequence, Hance, Mnementh, Zarcom, Wimp, ChronicKilla, XitachiX, DaRkBrOoD, Durakone, Twiddles, Purekin, SuNkArA, and last but not least my home boy, Crumble.

Again no offence winder, you're just not manly enough to be a good representation of the path as a whole lol

Haha but that's what made it so great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Oct 29 2010, 10:13 AM
Post #90

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

QUOTE (TackleTK @ Oct 29 2010, 07:25 AM) *

I said SuWaN as a representation of what the path IS, a bunch of warriors as blunt instruments. He kept to himself and kith and kin. And when he went in Pk, he had no finese, no strategy, he went in and did what he could to kill, he thrashed about without care or cause. He was a barbarian is truest form! He was a great active member of the path in earlier days before it all went to crap.

Also as far as best path elder between SilentS and Winder...I gotta say silents, only becuase of his wild dance parties. They were glorious.

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post
Winder
post Oct 29 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #91

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE (TackleTK @ Oct 29 2010, 06:25 AM) *

For you to be the judge of what represents the "essence" of a Barbarian is far more "super retarded". Let's be real here. Half of the people on this list are either whiny little kids, pushovers, or cared about themselves more than they ever cared about the people in the path. The fact that you'd mix names like Crumble, Zarcom, or Mnementh with MP's, CK's or LocoSam's is really an insult to some really great people.

But then again you could be right, no one knows more about being a suck up or a pushover more than you do. So I can't say you don't know what you're talking about.

No offense taken of course, I voted for LocoSam and SN over myself and I probably should have put down MP too. But I didn't base those votes off of how loud I thought someone could shout or how much bull[Content removed] they could spew.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 29 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #92

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

I think we can all agree that the best barbarians were those who were like the hulk but dumber.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
Winder
post Oct 29 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #93

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Oct 29 2010, 06:29 PM) *
I think we can all agree that the best barbarians were those who were like the hulk but dumber.

I guess I'm the only one not judging based on that... Sad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Oct 29 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #94

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

Killeh I think it goes without saying that this needs to be done for elixirs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Oct 29 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #95

Sa san
Group Icon

Elixirs? Why use that to ruin a reason? dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Oct 29 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #96

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

QUOTE (Doctor @ Oct 29 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Killeh I think it goes without saying that this needs to be done for elixirs.

THIS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Oct 29 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #97

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

My list as far as elixirs:

Squall. Axess. DT. PT. Stabme. Aryx. Myself. Matrixpoet. Kobebryant. Couragestar. Saera. Falaris. ALLSKILLS. Cerixis. Nihilism. Loner.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TackleTK
post Oct 30 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #98

Level 5

Member No.: 13,538

lol no one knows more about being a suck up than I do? I dont believe you know who you are talking to sir.

Zarcom and Crumble are crazy as hell this is true, but they made things happen. You whine about the negative attention it got from royals/archons. Who cares that [Content removed] was fun.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Oct 30 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #99

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

it was even fun for people on the other side. The drama/action/conflict is what fueled Nexus during its prime and was the epitome of Nexus' design but the archons and kru/nexon got in the way of that creativity. It's the people that did these things that are the true representatives, not the people who just did busy work and politicing.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Oct 30 2010, 02:01 AM
Post #100

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

QUOTE (Winder @ Oct 29 2010, 05:39 PM) *
For you to be the judge of what represents the "essence" of a Barbarian is far more "super retarded". Let's be real here. Half of the people on this list are either whiny little kids, pushovers, or cared about themselves more than they ever cared about the people in the path. The fact that you'd mix names like Crumble, Zarcom, or Mnementh with MP's, CK's or LocoSam's is really an insult to some really great people.

But then again you could be right, no one knows more about being a suck up or a pushover more than you do. So I can't say you don't know what you're talking about.

No offense taken of course, I voted for LocoSam and SN over myself and I probably should have put down MP too. But I didn't base those votes off of how loud I thought someone could shout or how much bull[Content removed] they could spew.

Very inclined to agree with what Winder said. Most of the people listed by Tackle were either whiny, childish or emo to the point of idiocy.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.