Tynan
post Apr 23 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #41

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Sxymail @ Apr 23 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]32182[/snapback]

i guess that answers my question if warriors can solo darks as fast as rogues, haha

The thing is that warriors will earn crapall ambers on R1-R2 (relatively speaking), but then really take off on R3-R5/R6. Rogues consistently kill things quickly for the whole Cunning, and as you mentioned, can deal with the black/white mantises better, via traps and LS.

Where warriors shine is when a large clump is present. On R5 I can walk to the middle of a patch of 8 or 9, stand still, swing, and clear them all very quickly. This is where warriors make up the loss in single kill speed.

The best thing a warrior can do is to remember to leave the black/white mantises alone unless they can kill them in no more than 10s, as it is simply more efficient to move on. For me, this means I must be on R5/R6, else I literally just walk away, even if I damaged them a bit as I killed others - not worth the time. For certain subpath warriors, notably Barbarians with Insult and the insane war axe, they can afford to kill them on SR4.

Oh, and one thing - I have 880K Vitality and while this does not mean I can constantly Berserk or Whirlwind like rogues can constantly LS, I have been known to Whirlwind white/dark mantises on lower Rages, especially when I set up two for overflow. Weaker warriors cannot do this, but I regenerate so much Vitality that I can pull it off once or twice per Rage. wink.gif

Ah, and one final thing - on my second Rage, before I deposit my 100 Dark ambers and sell my 100 Tarnished ambers, I do rage to R6, as I go to town and am safe, anyway. This results in my second Rage sometimes being able to bring in over 60 Dark Ambers, solo, if I am lucky, as things dies in 2-3 swings. Of course, I usually have to leave and depo before the Rage ends, as I run out of space. smile.gif

I think my record was 63 or something. I do not remember how many Tarnished ambers. Still, my usual average is 45-55, the low end being a result of other amber hunters making the mantises scarce.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zfire
post Apr 23 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #42

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 2,091
Characters: Zfire, Evan, MainStatment, ZPOET

QUOTE(AllyGator @ Apr 21 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]31986[/snapback]

Skill Information

I've just updated this page. Check my math where I've had to calculate time for 1k gathered. I have horrible math skills.

I have not included prices because that varies with the amount you sell, the buyer and the market.

Your page says 6 horus and 31 minutes for 1k wood... My math only says 3 Hours and 31 minutes..

Fixed it ~ Ally

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Apr 23 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #43

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

QUOTE(PIEMINISTER @ Apr 11 2007, 11:28 PM) [snapback]31178[/snapback]

Nice post Grand Cross, but I think you should take into account how long it took you to actually get a maxed rage 3 into the equation aswell, people can pretty much start woodcutting out of the gate, and wooling effectivley within a short while.

For me, it took about roughly 2 months of being on Nexus about 10-15 hours a week on average. I wasn't really crazy on hunting though, but I did try to save up money as much as possible (in order to buy the items needed to get to Rage3).

GrandCross, however, was my starting character. If someone else wanted to make a Rage3 for Rabbit2 amber hunting alone, I'd say it'd take maybe 3-4 weeks, depending on how rich they are and if they're relatively lucky to get hunts/leeches to get 99 quickly.

By the way, I left Nexus for now. Finals are coming up and I've got other plans to waste my summer vacation. No more calculations from me.

+Quote Post
Brant
post Apr 24 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #44

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

I think that this topic pertains to the lower stat/rank players, although, my idea can affect players that are anywhere form level 99+.

I have found that being a 99+ poet (That is atleast Assassin 1) can make a decent profit on soloing vortex bosses.

This is form of making money is semi-popular, but from a far, might seem like its not very profitable.

My il san poet collects anywhere from 20 regs to 50 regs from a boss. 20-40 darks, and generally 20 whites.

Yes the Reg. and Dark are low numbers, but gathering 20 white ambers from a boss (I'll say it takes about 10-15 mins depending on the number of 'ARGGGS') is decent money if you add it up over time. When I solo bosses, I generally craft the ambers myself, making lower profit than if I were to sell them.

Also, if you're a 99+ rogue with Cunning(or SP fury), you can usually gather 100 dark ambers in about 2 cunnings, maybe a little more or less.

100 darks goes for about 85-90k and say you do this for 3 hours, you will have made 180k per hour for 3 hours making you a total of 540k if you sell the ambers. (If you craft them, and are Master+ gem cutter, thats even more profit)

-------------

I'll go a little off topic here and cover some money making strategies that do not include gathering. I'll go ahead and list this in order from least chance of money lost (Gamble factor) to most dangerous.

Buy/Sell-- Many people make a decent ammount of money (over time) by buying an item for less than its community value, and selling it for more. If you have a little bit of money, you'll have to start with cheap items, (lvl 50 hand items, 95 weapons). Soon you'll have enough to invest in somthing that is worth more money. Over time ( Depends on how frequently you do this) you will be making 1,000,000 - 2,000,000 coin profits, maybe even more. You have to have patience in doing this, and in most situations, its very safe because unless there is an event where the item's price goes down, or there is money inflation, you'll be safe in doing this.

Boss Hunting-- Boss hunting was my first source of significant income. Yes, some say there are ways to make boss drops become more frequent, although (and I agree) they are never 100% accurate. Try to focus on caves that yeild items that are worth lots of money. Also, don't be afraid to boss hunt in big groups. Yes if you get a drop it will be less money because of splitting it, but also remember that the boss will die faster, and yeild more drops over time. Because boss drops and boss hunting groups have become much more frequent, the profit has decreased over time, but is still VERY nice money.

Gambling (Merchant)-- Notice that this is covering Merchant gambling, rather than /roll. That is because Merchant gambling is decently safer than /roll. Many people knows how the process works. A Merchant guide casts the gamble spell on you, and you either win or lose. Note: When gambling with a Merchant, remember that they may charge to host a gamble between you and another player. Warning: As it stands now, you should only gamble with a Merchant guide (They are the only ones that should have the spell anyway). Common sense tells you that this source of making money is very risky, as there is a chance of loosing everyting you bet, or doubling what you bet. --- If you decide to gamble big, you can become very wealthy, or very broke. (I'll be honest. Making big gambles is the only thing that makes my heart race in this game-- I gambled 20,000,000 coins last night because I was bored). Now I'm not telling you to gamble huge, but yes, I gambled 20,000,000 and ended up with 40,000,000 coins.(True story)

Gambling(/Roll)-- This potential source of making money is best to do with close friends, and maybe even well aquanted clan mates. There are multiple strategies in making money such as : Gambling with one other person, say 100k gamble. You have a 50% chance to win, and if you do, you double up. Also, you can gamble in groups(I've done up to 5 people, personally). This way, say 5 people want to gamble 100k. That makes the pot 500k, a 400% profit, compared to a 100% profit in a two person gamble. This also means you have a 1-in-5 chance of winning, lowering you odds of winning. It all depends how big of a gamble you want to take. Just be VERY careful who you gamble with, and how much you gamble with. ALSO: Make sure everyone gambling knows the rules by which you are gambling. IF you gamble high ammount (not recommened in /roll gambles), make sure you take SS's of everyone involved in the gamble agreeing to the rules of the gamble.

I hope this can help those of you that are interested in making good money in Nexus. These are only a few of the most popular ways to make money, but not the only ones.

-Brant

+Quote Post
Toshimaru
post May 5 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #45

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 207

How I started making money was a true risk.. I was levelling and selling the Acorns to the Butcher at the same time.. Grinding squirrels till about 20.. from level 1.. Its not fun.. =P Had about... 20k when I hit level 20, and thought eh.. might as well gamble 10k for fun..

I won.. sweeet... Bought an Ilbon knife for 15k and sold it for 30k.. WooT makin profit...

Bought a Whisper bracelet for 30k ( Super Lucky ) sold it for 50k, Bwahahahaha!

And It keeps going and going... Yes it takes time, but Hey, It works! By the end of my second day playing, I was level 40 with about 200k.

--------------------
I don't care about your forum but I'm lurking anyway.

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post May 8 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #46

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 67
Characters: NirvanaMan

You guys ever try soloing vortex bosses on poets? I get about 100 ambers 80 darks and 20 white in about 20 minutes not bad for little effort

--------------------

You got Mug'ed
Definition: When you try to help someone but only make things worse

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post May 9 2007, 03:08 AM
Post #47

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(NirvanaMan @ May 8 2007, 09:17 AM) [snapback]33401[/snapback]

You guys ever try soloing vortex bosses on poets? I get about 100 ambers 80 darks and 20 white in about 20 minutes not bad for little effort

I tried this but I am not a good enough poet. Maybe I don't have enough mana to last long or perhaps I don't have reflexes good enough to keep casting HB in time. Anyway this is a fast way to die for me. I have seen some poets do very well with this. Cashel is expert at it.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post May 9 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #48

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

Could I get some info on how this is done? For my BB more than me since I don't even have a poet, I really don't like playing a poet, but it would be nice to know and maybe he'd like to solo some.

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post May 9 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #49

Level 5

The hardest part to it would be getting past first room if you're alone (I find this the hardest at least) once you hit second room go for the third cast harden body (remember boss likes to approach right on top of you) now go between rooms and imediately cast barrier if you do it right the boss should stay on top of you now wait for some monsters to come and hope they surround you without letting the boss off you they'll try swinging at you but since you have harden body they'll only hit the boss he'll die he'll call his guardians they'll die you pick up easy

--------------------

You got Mug'ed

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post May 9 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #50

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Vortextk @ May 9 2007, 06:52 AM) [snapback]33482[/snapback]

Could I get some info on how this is done? For my BB more than me since I don't even have a poet, I really don't like playing a poet, but it would be nice to know and maybe he'd like to solo some.

A poet gets into the second room or deeper and stands next to the doorway so that he can step back and forth. Get the boss to spawn on top of you and he will summon his minions. Keep harden body on and cast scourge on the boss. The minions will attack you but they also beat the dickens out of the boss too. Eventually the boss will die . . . you may need to fascinate a few other creatures to fight for you if you run out of minions. In the meantime you can gather up all of the ambers dropped by the minions. If the boss does not spawn on top of you, move back to the other room. Go back and forth till it is on top of you. I have no idea what to do if it summons you.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post May 10 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #51

Level 5

You know I've done this serveral times and the boss has never summoned me once weird blink.gif

--------------------

You got Mug'ed

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post May 17 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #52

Level 5

You know just thought of it ... the boss isn't going after you hes going after his own minions because they're hitting him ohmy.gif

--------------------

You got Mug'ed

+Quote Post
Amaroq
post May 19 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #53

Enchanted

Member No.: 852

Slog's ponderous club
Barrage
2 Ancient daemon hearts
Wind platemail
White casque/no flutes (Not worth dura loss), and Titanium shield

=

3 swing the normal mantis in the 91 mantis caves.

merskee even uses Mesh substratum membrane when dark amber hunting.

I can also cycle rage six if using a Slog's club OR Brutal shank (Slog's is better damage)

With the above setup I was able to get 92 Dark ambers in a single rage, with the entire bottom mantis cave to myself (Even caught the boss and Karak'd him, doesn't slow down the rage at all)

Use a scroll at 3 seconds on rage six, deposit darks, drop tarnished in my house. Gate south Buya and fake-sell exp to vita + mana to recover after rage six loss, and return to mantis within about 2 minutes including the walk.

-Ama

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post May 20 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #54

Level 5

Genius! laugh.gif

--------------------

You got Mug'ed

+Quote Post
HyuKo
post May 22 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #55

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 666

ALL of you guys are retarded

k- vortex boss hunt
scam
gamble

best kthx

+Quote Post
Pinnacle
post May 23 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #56

Level 5

Member No.: 2,429

It takes time, whatever you are planning to do. Ever since they revamped the woodlands, players could no longer do some "amethyst-hunting" at the dog cave. Ever since they lowered down the sheep spawn, wool prices skyrocketed and so does cloth prices.

The best way of earning money, in my opinion, asides from gathering materials (which I don't think is even wise to do anymore - it eats up so much of your time, I don't think it's worth it) would be to gamble with a merchant proxy or.. well, do the classic barter.

It takes time as well, sure. But personally I gained more insight of market values of a wider varieties of items compared to spending my time walking, going invisible, ambush and filch. Besides, by bartering, you get to do some other things (hunting, PKing, roleplaying or even gathering materials as you go along!).

Vortex boss hunting is another neat alternative too, as many has mentioned. But don't expect to earn much from it unless you are actually Il+. I think the only new vortex item that is worth the time would be either New luck amulets (then again I think many rogues prefer Shee-Lee rings over this) or New claws (but there aren't many people who stays 99 to the point they reach water1 stats).

- Pinnacle

+Quote Post
CuddlyBunny
post Jun 2 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #57

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,105
Characters: CuddlyBunny

19/9 Chongun SoW2 takes 16:20 on average for 100 ambers in rabbit2. So its not just for NPC paths ^^
And it is by far the fastest way I have ever made moneyz.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tynan
post Jun 2 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #58

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

asides from gathering materials (which I don't think is even wise to do anymore - it eats up so much of your time, I don't think it's worth it)

I agree that gathering materials, for the most part, is not so great anymore. Woodcutting has sucked since the "improvement" and sells for too little given the time it takes to get 1000. Wool is now very hard to get (I used to get 1000 in 40 minutes working with my wife in the fields, now it would probably take me 2 hours). Mining has always been pretty crappy since only fools bother smelting/smithing (I am one of them).

Ambering, however, is still very lucrative. I am not even set up well for it (no fancy club here, just a scale) and when Mantis is not too busy I now average 250K per hour, plus any hand items that drop. If I was kitted better I could likely do 300K per hour, on average. This is pretty decent coin, and consistent, with zero risk. Heck, you also make a bit of experience. tongue.gif

Vortex bossing can be fairly good, but often you are splitting drops with 3+ others. At the sam san level, only Claws, Hearts, and perhaps Scrolls are worth much. Most things are 1.5M or less, meaning that if a boss drops something, you might only get a 200K cut. So, it is not consistent.

Of course, if something nice drops, like a weapon or armour, you are looking at some big money. Well, unless the leader ends up screwing you, but that is another issue.

P.S. The prices of Vortex hand items are dropping very, very fast, at every level. Ancient Claws, merely a year ago, were at least 50% more than they are now, and the prices will keep getting lower as more of these items enter the game while the population remains quite constant. Soon bossing will hardly be worth it, too.

+Quote Post
Michike
post Jul 16 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #59

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

Best is Dark amber hunting when you have a cave to yourself and can handle to cycle your mana through your rage/cunning/whatever. To be successfull, it requires you to be of a certain stat and best be a warrior. Then I'ld say it's easily possible to go up to 300k-350k/hour, taking a little risk on rage6. As an Ee-rogue it's already possible to get to 200k/hour.

When it comes to gathering materials without a certain requirement of your character, Mining is by far the most lucrative. It's tedious but as pointed out by PureLight, you can get about 500-600 mixed ore per hour, depending on your own mining speed. The update where it no longer requires you to pick up your mining pick should slighty improve those numbers. It's been a while since I last mined (overdose of mining is bad for you).

Depending on skill level what you get will vary greatly. Skill levels advance rather fast in the beginning so I wouldn't count those 12min loads as an average for a beginner. I know that an accomplished miner could go just as fast at getting 25 (total) ore as getting 25 wool in a slightly crowded wilderness field (2-3 other people in) before spawn changes (tested with various people). The quality of that 25 ore would be good for at least 7-8k. Ofcourse, Ore is a hard commodity to sell. I've seen a few good buyers around though recently.

Above that mining is also good for an occasional piece of amethyst, topaz, quartz, (3) metal, amber, silver ore, gold ore or mica. Even if you disregard the mica those little extras will cover your expenses for materials and deposit costs.

To end with, when it comes to mining, just hope for lost mines to come around (without mining bug in your cave) and instead of hunting boss drops, just mine ambers and diamonds and get a nice easy 500k/hour out of mining.

P.S. : I've managed (back in '98) to get maxed money from selling Ore to Thane on an unregistered character within two days of mining. (important sidenote, do not sell your ore to Thane, players pay better).

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Jul 16 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #60

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

QUOTE(Michike @ Jul 16 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]36733[/snapback]

When it comes to gathering materials without a certain requirement of your character, Mining is by far the most lucrative. It's tedious but as pointed out by PureLight, you can get about 500-600 mixed ore per hour, depending on your own mining speed. The update where it no longer requires you to pick up your mining pick should slighty improve those numbers. It's been a while since I last mined (overdose of mining is bad for you).

Is that update here yet? If not, does anyone know when it will be? I wouldn't mind mining again, even if it isn't the best way to go for profits.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:44 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.