IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Do You Prefer?, Older Nexus or Current Nexus?
What Nexus do you prefer?
What Nexus do you prefer?
Older Nexus, when it had the older graphics and didn't have Tangun [ 49 ] ** [52.69%]
Present Nexus, the new graphics are pretty nice and the new features are really great and worth the change [ 19 ] ** [20.43%]
I WOULD like how Nexus is more than older Nexus, but after the graphics change and Tangun and etc., there's still too many pixely old graphics that havn't been changed to the new style, they keep updating with Kru Shop items (dunno what they're called) instead of more important stuff, and the major things they add just have to do with paths and other things that only really high level players will enjoy [ 25 ] ** [26.88%]
Total Votes: 93
Guests cannot vote 
TrainerAbu
post Sep 16 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,583

I'm not good with words and explaining, but bah!

If you even bother reading this (you can vote in the poll without reading this,) prepare for a very long whiney rant. ^^;

Nexus was my favorite online game, the old days of Nexus are still glowing in my heart even now after playing like 100 online games since then. It'd still be my favorite online game even now.

But I'm heavily nostalogic (I'll spell check and fix up this post when I get home from college) and even back when they removed the mids I freaked out and made polls back then being upset about it. But now they changed the graphics, which was fine with me since it had an option to use the old graphics or new graphics at first, and removed the option to use the old graphics =(. I prefer the old style.

Then when I finally finally got over the new look, they JUST added Tangun. I tried it out and hated it so much. Nexus completly died to me, then.

I liked starting in either Kugnae or Buya and exploring them as those indian-like mids played and helping newbies there, slowly leveling up having fun and then going to Nagnang to wait for Green Squirrels to respawn and etc.. I don't like Tangun or the new graphics. I used to be all upset just from the new MP3 music, but I actually really love the new songs.

But anyways, I returned to try the new graphics engine for like a day. Then returned to try Tangun when it was released for like 2 hours. And then I returned now.

And after returning now, after they first changed with the new graphics and features, there's STILL tons of Enemies and graphics that are all pixelated and ugly cuz it's using the old graphisc in the new higher resolution engine. I thought if I waited before playing again with these new style graphics I don't like, they'd at least have almost everything in the new graphics still and I'd find it enjoyable then, but no I returned again and all kinds of monsters in the Tangun place you even start in are pixelated twice the size enemies like the gators and squids are.

And after returning, the bugs that have always happened to me STILL happen. Sometimes what people say don't appear on the chat below unless I scroll up and down it a few times and it gets all glitchy, and this is the 4rth computer I've tried it on, too. The music STILL sometimes stops playing until I uncheck music volume and re-check it (which usually ends up with the music stopping again after the song it plays.)

AND WHERE MY HAIR IS AT =(!! There was an arrow in New Character that was just buggy and did nothing at all. Like half the hair choices from the old classic Nexus were missing, and if that arrow worked then it'd probably show them. But now I see they just got rid of the non-working arrow, and still a lot of hairs are missing. My old character's hair isn't there at all.. Bah! I want my hair all my characters used back in the day~~..

And I keep going to nexustk.com after awhile to check for updates, and they keep adding cash shop stuff and path high level stuff that won't matter to me until I'm like Level 99++++ Su Sung or whatevers and havn't stopped playing for 6 years in a row, which isn't the case. I want some new features that I don't have to be insanely high leveled to enjoy. Like the stuff in the Baram screenshots.

Sorry, this has all just been me whining on and on, but yeah. I LOVED the feel of old Nexus. And when my ex-girlfriend and I played it together, with her hunting Sheep to get wool as I weaved and us owning a house together and her joining some weird unofficial clan about not hurting animals even though every enemy is an animal, and me helping newbies and making lanterns and watching them glow, and exploring Kugnae and Buya as level 12 all the time barely leveling at all as I listened to the music and chated around the gates. So all these changes (with all the bugs still being there and them still not having all the graphics not be high res yet and my HAIR not being selectable in new character) have been killing me inside, but yeah~.

gawd I can't wait til my character gets out of Tangun ....... (though I'll still end up quitting the next day cuz I miss the old graphics, but yeahhh..)

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QuwX3mcBfA&fmt=18

There's a huge Nexus part in that trailer for a game I'm working on. Check it out ^^!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Sep 16 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 6,403

I like old graphics.

P.S - all they do is steal graphics from Baram, and they keep all the cool ones unseen

--------------------

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Sep 16 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,927
Characters: HaKSaW

They don't "steal" anything from Baram, they pay for it.

The old graphics were awesome for those of us who are into the nostalgia, however the higher res client is a much better interface with many more useful features. You see... the problem is that mug isn't unlocking them all and using the client to it's maximum potential.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Sep 16 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

WHILST I LIKED THE OLDER GRAPHICS, I don't mind having the newer graphics either, because they're both good.

I played through some of Tangun and honestly, it wasn't too bad. I think some things still need work, but it's not bad IMO.

By the way, you CAN play the old .mid songs. Get a Tanso from a Muse.

Speaking of songs though, they need to start making use of the songs they have in the client. The songs are really good but they aren't getting used :\

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Sep 16 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

QUOTE(HaKSaW @ Sep 16 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]61014[/snapback]

They don't "steal" anything from Baram, they pay for it.

They dont make anything new, thats for sure. How do you like those events? Same old maps and [Content removed], I know its really fun right?!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sebelle
post Sep 16 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #6

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

I believe quite a few of the older tiles are still pixelated in Baram, as well. It seems the majority of high resolution graphics are original tiles or so, and the "Renewed Earth" graphics (newer tiles) were never made high res.

All in all, I prefer the look of the new client and the customization offered. The item shop being updated, with NEW items, is only like....once a month, if that. I don't see that as being a truly intensive job (although I don't know really what it entails) - so I wouldn't really classify it as ZOMG ALL THEY DO IS ITAM SHOP.

My only issue with the game right now is that I just want more events. Fun, interesting areas to explore with cool creatures and great rewards. If people don't want to RP, just scrap it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Sep 16 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Level 99

Member No.: 1,422
Characters: Unknown

i think kru should forget these new graphics and bail to the old ones again they were a billion times cooler, now we all look like cute little korean kids..which made me quit

--------------------
The Unknown, happens.

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Sep 16 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

I do wish they stuck to the old client instead of upgrading since there are way to many low rez graphics in the game. Now that we have upgraded though I don't think I could go back. Plus 800x600 would look really tiny on my screen.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Sep 16 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #9

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

I love how much I agree with the long winded third option blink.gif

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Sep 17 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

QUOTE(WestSideR @ Sep 16 2008, 07:17 PM) [snapback]61008[/snapback]

P.S - all they do is steal graphics from Baram, and they keep all the cool ones unseen

That pisses me off so much. All the monster graphics, spell effects, that tiger we first saw as a pet. A quest comes to give every class a new shield that has clone stats of their current one, and EVERY SINGLE SHIELD FOR ALL MARKS AND ALL PATHS ARE THE SAME except you got to choose a color. The color choice was great! The same shield for hundreds fo players was not. What the hell?

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
TediAvenger
post Sep 17 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #11

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 88
Characters: TediAvenger

New graphics came because Nexon Korea updated their client.

In order to retain old graphics, Kru would have to redraw every single new graphic from the 7.0 client pack in paint (or whatever they wish to use).

Like we don't have enough delays.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AwesomePaul
post Sep 17 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 465
Characters: Seferoth, AwesomePaul

I miss the old Nexus.

--------------------

-Epic Fail-

I'm a Medulla fan, but she has no banner!

+Quote Post
MingYoKo
post Sep 18 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #13

Enchanted

Member No.: 8,510

I really miss the old nexus too!!
I have played nexus on and off 6 years with always none-regged (since 2002)
old nexus is my nostalgia!
And I love old nexus musics!!
and old nexus maps and graphics are traditional than new ones!
IPB Image

--------------------
Hi

+Quote Post
TrainerAbu
post Sep 18 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #14

Level 5

Member No.: 1,583

yaaaaaaaaaa

meant to post this in like the first post but it took me awhile to find it ...

IPB Image

luv T_T (I the blue shrugging guy, not the white warrior or rogue guy, but ya)

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QuwX3mcBfA&fmt=18

There's a huge Nexus part in that trailer for a game I'm working on. Check it out ^^!

+Quote Post
Blackh
post Sep 25 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #15

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 992

I like old nexus. The basic graphics made it look cool.

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post Sep 25 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #16

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

QUOTE(Blackh @ Sep 25 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]62437[/snapback]

I like old nexus. The basic graphics made it look cool.

grats to my baby on Il san!!!!11

+Quote Post
Blackh
post Sep 25 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #17

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 992

QUOTE(Gerdi @ Sep 25 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]62504[/snapback]

grats to my baby on Il san!!!!11

<3 yah i realized it a few days ago. NOW TO GET BLACKH IL SAN FOR REAL. THEN THEY SHALL ALL SHIVER.

+Quote Post
Lucifer
post Sep 27 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 549
Characters: Lucifer

long live 4.0

--------------------
IPB Image
questionable image deleted

+Quote Post
Mage
post Oct 9 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #19

Level 5

Member No.: 10,613

I miss the old graphics sad.gif And what is this Tangun I keep hearing about?

+Quote Post
Corath
post Oct 31 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #20

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 31
Characters: Corath, Halanna, Aemon, CorJr

I wonder what happened to all my old Screenshots... I remember taking a bunch when I first started in Y38-39, during the Ming-Ken/Ohaeng/Kwi-Sin event. Fun stuff. smile.gif

I haven't played in a few years, but from what I remember of the new client, it wasn't too bad. It'd be nice if everything was uniform, but that's about it.

--------------------
I play World of Warcraft. Thrall-NA server, Horde faction.

Corath's Blog - randomness about World of Warcraft and beyond.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:44 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.