Vini
post Jun 28 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #1

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

I saw a post from MontBlank at Dreams board and came up with the idea of this topic. I know we've done this before, but I guess we could share our favorite moments again. Nexus completed 6 months without any new event and 7 months without cave events, perhaps this can inspire the new GMs about what to do next. rolleyes.gif

List your favorite NexusTK events with a small explanation of why you enjoyed them. smile.gif

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ace
post Jun 28 2016, 10:04 PM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 220

ChiZao was my fav - runes, storyline, etc - simple.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jun 29 2016, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

ChiZao was a fairly good event with a lot of arcs, though I feel the potential has never been used fully.

I thought Kajang had a lot of untapped story potential. Same goes with the Zibong haunted house.

The Wind Gods was interesting, though the damage it did the to economy was another matter.

The Forsaken clan with the release of Nagnang was awesome, but a let down in the end since the Forsaken didnt get to remain an "evil" clan.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Ieyasu
post Jun 29 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #4

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 7,133
Characters: Ieyasu

Eh? We were "evil"...

Well, as "evil" as nexus let you be, without people scolding you.. because you know, it was a 50/50 chance if someone actually understood what roleplay was

+Quote Post
Krmit
post Jun 29 2016, 09:15 AM
Post #5

Enchanted

Member No.: 234

My favorite event ever was the Zibong invasion because there was an awesome sense of the community coming together to whoop some ass.

After that i really enjoyed the Godwar and Kajang Crypts events.

+Quote Post
Vini
post Jun 29 2016, 10:07 AM
Post #6

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

My Top 10 favorite events and why:

Ethereal Temple
During the release of the alignments they kingdoms were infested with monsters. Nowhere was safe and people were struggling between trying to figure out what was causing the problems and fighting the menaces off!

Nagnang War
Nagnang war was the first event to introduce multi-participative route options. People could choose if they wanted to fight, heal, spy or sabotage during the war, the plots around it were very well designed, including Malady, the Blight's deceive that led to Buya being captured by Sonhi and the Nagnag Stronghold event which turned to be a permanent quest.

Wind Gods
The whole mystery of the Wind Gods was interest. Freeing the second and third one to try to stop Hanuman and then realizing all were going against us was shocking, but also the destruction they caused was one of a kind. After it people had give materials to rebuild the cities that were destroyed by Wind Gods.

Nagnag camp and ChiZao series
The whole series of events of Nagnag mercenaries which led to ChiZao event were amazing. ChiZao's quest, personality and dilemma were probably one of the best moments we had. How to deal with a mad menace that you cannot kill due it being the source of power to actually do it?

Pirate and Ogres Alliance for SOE
The unusual alliance between pirates and ogres was a division of waters in terms of Nexus events. For the first and probably only time an event came and went without people finishing it. Eldridge showed us that event storylines are not happening to allow people to collect legend marks and items, but because the involved characters have an agenda of their own. Since majority of the people were just worried about waiting for an walk-through instead of exploring the pirate ship on their own. The surprising end of event without understanding what the pirates were doing in kogurian shores taught us a very important lesson: events are part of an on-going story and the event characters have a life of their own.

Nefarious Mupa and Ice Dungeon
The whole series of connected Mupa events involving the restoration of Tree of Reflections, YuRyang Village, the Tae family dilemmas up to leading to the Ice Dungeon and the construction of Kinung town were interesting because allowed us to delve more into the story behind the witch Mupa, one of the main characters of Nexus. Also the series of events was another moment showing how all of Nexus events are part of an on-going storyline and that characters we don't often see are still living their lives plotting things for their own benefits.

Kinung's Alchemist Mansion
Perhaps the most unique event of these, the mysteries behind the murder of the alchemist were very interesting and different from what people were used to. First because the whole event wasn't about hunting, getting drops and turning them in for NPCs. The event turned us into detectives searching for evidences to understand the crime and in the end allowed people to choose between granting eternal peace to the alchemist or stealing his secrets. As I'm a fan of investigation, connected elements and multi-choice events, this surely was one of of my favorites. I hope we see more similar ones like this, so far this was one of a kind.

Immortal Beasts Menace
This event was also one of a kind. It brought out many nostalgic moments with Ice Beast and Sute, but also glued together many stories in a moment of huge despair to the kingdoms. Many years after Eldridge was gone, Nexus finally had a Spirit Guide again. The event was progressive and in the end connected to the very own lore of Spirt Guides that was over looked since early days. The event put people to work together in moments that clock was ticking.

Pirates Kidnap Lasahn: The Return of Xiou
I always enjoy events where people have the choice of following one side or the other. This event was special because of that. It allowed people to choose what side to help in 3 different occasions, allowing multiple types of roleplay interaction and building multiple opportunities to show people what are your character's values.

Sonhi War and Return of Yun
Years without conflict with Sonhi, it was nostalgic to face old enemies again, but this event allowed people choose their sides on both parts (War and memory restoration). One of the most interesting elements was that the quest to safe Yun from memory curse was showing the score of how many people were helping fix her memory or destroy it. It gave us the sense that the final result was chosen by the community.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Songa
post Jul 1 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #7

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

I enjoyed the events that effected everyone. The ones that you couldn't ignore because it made you want to get involved. The ones you could actually have an effect on and weren't just like watching a play. It was especially bad when they'd turn off talk so you literally just sat there, unable to do anything. I'll go watch a movie if I want to do that.

The Spy Dungeon was one that I remember because you could physically see and interact with elders who always seemed hard to touch. It put subpaths right on display.

I think what I enjoyed the most was when event characters would show up to community events. Whether it was Mupa causing mischief or just Princess Lasahn going afk, I felt part of something instead of just a spectator.

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jul 3 2016, 05:29 AM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Sonhi Captured Buya, as far as single events go, but the whole Nagnang War arc was a lot of fun. ChiZao was okay, but I didn't really like it much, I thought ChiZao and Nagnag were played as caricatures, and it was tough to do much unless you were buff or had a big group.

I will give an honorable mention to Kajang's Crypt, the story and build-up were excellent, except that the event cave itself was horribly broken for most of its run.

+Quote Post
Loxie
post Jul 6 2016, 03:25 AM
Post #9

Level 99

Group: Nexus Atlas Reporters
Member No.: 1,505
Characters: Loxie

My favorite was Kinung's haunted house event. It showed how the creativity of players can vastly improve events if KRU supports them.

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Jul 6 2016, 09:54 AM
Post #10

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,920

QUOTE (Laren @ Jul 3 2016, 05:29 AM) *
Sonhi Captured Buya, as far as single events go, but the whole Nagnang War arc was a lot of fun. ChiZao was okay, but I didn't really like it much, I thought ChiZao and Nagnag were played as caricatures, and it was tough to do much unless you were buff or had a big group.

I will give an honorable mention to Kajang's Crypt, the story and build-up were excellent, except that the event cave itself was horribly broken for most of its run.

I distinctly remember the constant crashing in the middle of dialogue, a lot of "Welcome to Nexus, Kajang!" after the servers were back up... A constant re-use of an aethered tansform spell...

Yep, good times. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Skum
post Jul 7 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #11

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

I don't think anything could ever beat The Shattering for me. There was a great story line, insane danger at every turn, the addition of the Subpaths, and it left a lasting impression on the game. I remember it being so cool how the community was so directly involved in the resolution as well, leading to the creation of the first Sevenleaf swords.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazel
post Jul 8 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 150

I was hoping to get away with one sentence filled with poor spelling but NEXUS PREVENTED ME FROM DOING THAT, DAMN IT!

Most Memorable: Wind event - I was a little noob scared as hell to go outside and get killed by the big scary faces.
Fuzzy but Fun: Pirate event when you had to get the swallow on the pirate island - my first experience with the ilbon knife which was dope!
Super Spooky: Alt Kugnae - Fun new morphs!
Also Amusing: Mongols - Hunted on my warrior because that was the only cave manageable to me; got cool boots!
Kinda Kool: Ice Dungeon - Had fun trying to get the wings!
Lately Lame: Pirate and lost mines events 5-8 years ago were semi-enjoyable to me, but since then... meh!
Very Villianous: Easter event when Yuri was sick - Died in the dark and never completed it - gotta love dial up internet

Postscript Pleasure: Ancient Training Grounds (aka Aklak Grounds) - Loved when they were a jackpot of all amber types and you could farm them easy in cave 1

THAT'S ALL, SORRY TO MAKE YOU READ!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brant
post Jul 8 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #13

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Mazel @ Jul 8 2016, 05:24 PM) *
Very Villianous: Easter event when Yuri was sick - Died in the dark and never completed it - gotta love dial up internet

And when Yuri died, he's laying there on the table, and they left his NPC response ability enabled. Oh man that was hilarious.

+Quote Post
SetYu
post Jul 9 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #14

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 2,942
Characters: Bellamuse, Setyu, Momoshi

QUOTE (Brant @ Jul 8 2016, 07:33 PM) *
And when Yuri died, he's laying there on the table, and they left his NPC response ability enabled. Oh man that was hilarious.

I forgot about this one until you mentioned it. Laughed just thinking about it.

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Jul 15 2016, 09:04 AM
Post #15

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

The event with the Wind Gods destroying the cities was great.

We had a wind god whom we thought was on our side fighting the evil wind gods and then he betrayed us and ended up being evil all along, it was pretty cool to have twists like those.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jul 19 2016, 02:55 AM
Post #16

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (Brant @ Jul 8 2016, 06:33 PM) *

A true leader ─ he couldn't ignore his people and his response ability to address their concerns.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 21 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #17

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

*looks at NexusAtlas*

Does anyone actually care about Hobart's fake trial? This looks like a bunch of nonsense to me.

If you're going to make an elaborate event it should be for the benefit of the community, not for CoTW regulars to jerk themselves off.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jul 21 2016, 11:11 PM
Post #18

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

The entire concept of roleplay on TK has always been to jerk someone or something off. No different here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Krmit
post Jul 22 2016, 01:11 PM
Post #19

Enchanted

Member No.: 234

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Jul 22 2016, 12:05 AM) *
*looks at NexusAtlas*

Does anyone actually care about Hobart's fake trial? This looks like a bunch of nonsense to me.

If you're going to make an elaborate event it should be for the benefit of the community, not for CoTW regulars to jerk themselves off.

I watched Netflix through the whole thing and went to carnage as soon as it started.
The story line was too drawn out, took forever to get to the point (went minimum over an hour thats when i had enough).
He was allowed to hold a weapon in his hands at the trial (yeah because that's real life).
They could have at least put him in a prisoner outfit to give it a more realistic feel.
The case was so cut and dry his defense relied on things like him "really not being a bad person" type of defense.
I don't think anyone really gives a crap about Hobart to begin with, i think the macaroni salad I ate for dinner was more important to nexus.

But hey ultimately I like that the event happened and people put some effort into role playing even though i lost interest in it very quickly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:59 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.