Grand Cross
post Mar 13 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

This isn't really a statistic/forumla for the game, but I feel this information may be useful for people, so it's why I'm posting it.

I decided to make this simply because I'm on a goal to raise enough money for a Sun war platemail (just a personal goal of mine) and I wanted to know how fast I could make money. Also, people have told me that woodcutting is the fastest way to make money, which I know is far from true (at least at this point).

Here's some information about my woodcutting. I am a Talented woodcutter.

It took me 14 minutes and 34 seconds to get 30 Ginko wood. This time dose not include the walk it takes to get to a grove and to step in front of a tree.

Increments of Ginko wood recieved per tree:
4, 4, 2, 6, 2, 4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1
Total trees cut: 12
Times axes broke: 4 (replaced it within a couple seconds)
Number of "whacks": 15

If it takes me 14:34 to get 30 ginko wood, how much time will it take to get 1000:
1000 / 30 = 33 (the number of trips it will take if I always got 30 wood)
33 x 14.34 = 473 minutes, 22 seconds
473.22 / 60 (to get hours) = 7 to 8 hours.*

* Once again, time does not include the walk to a grove/to a tree.
I'm well aware that the ginko wood times will ALWAYS vary. It doesnt always take 12 trees, I don't always lose that many axes, etc. This is a mere (and IMHO fair) time for how long it takes.

If I sold 1000 Ginko wood at...
400k: 400 / 30 = 13k worth of Ginko wood per trip
450k: 450 / 30 = 15k worth of Ginko wood per trip

7 to 8 hours JUST for a measly 400-450k. I tried something else: amber hunting in Rabbit2.

Some information about my Rabbit2 amber hunting:
- I go R3 with a base mana of 9.6k, and the following equipment: Plasmic substratum, 2 99 Red boots, Substratum headpiece. (9.6k + 3.5k + 4k + 1k = 18.1k mana)
- I ONLY use Plasmic substratum to get to R3, otherwise this is my equipment:
Weapon: Enchanted spike
Armor: Wind platemail
Helm: Substratum headpiece
Accessory: 2 Ambrosia
Sub-accessory: 2 99 Red boots
- Obviously, I'm a warrior, and I use Watchful eye to trigger all of the Rabbit ambushes I can

It takes me about one rage period (938 seconds or about 16 minutes) to get 100 Amber under the right circumstances (such as I'm the only person in the room, minimal lag). Once again, this doesnt factor in the time it takes to walk to Rabbit2.

16 minutes, so how long will it take to get 1000 amber:
1000 / 100 = 10 trips
10 x 16 = 160 minutes
160 / 60 (hours) = 2.6 hours

If I sold 1k Amber at:
350k: 350 / 10 = 35k per 100 amber
400k: 400 / 10 = 40k per 100 amber

16 minutes for 35k-40k worth of amber. Not only that, but I can get ten times that much in about 3 hours time. This is the FASTEST method of getting money that I know of. However..I don't do it that much because first of all:
- It's boring
- The circumstances aren't always perfect (I have lots of lag, and theres usually people in the rooms)
- Takes at least 1 Sonhi pipe to go to R3 (not that big of a deal but still)

As for Wool...

I recorded myself at 2 minutes and 40 seconds to get 25 Wool. To be perfectly fair, however, there are always going to be people in the sheep fields, there'll always be a lack of spawns, and I happened to get somewhat lucky with the amount of sheep I saw/killed. So, I will calculate my time at 3 minutes and 30 seconds instead.
Info:
- I have a wife who I use Love to in order to get to the center sheep field quickly (coords 105,97 or at least around this area)
- I'm using a PA with Flank/backstab
- I one-hit all sheep
- This is the sheep field in the Wilderness, NOT Woodlands (I didnt know there was a sheep field there D:)

For 1000 wool:
1000 / 25 = 40 trips
40 x 3.5 = 140 minutes
140 / 60 = 2.3 hours

Wool goes for 8k/25, but 1k usually goes for 360k, which is 9k per 25 wool (360 / 25).

Summing up:
13k/15k worth of Ginko wood per 14 minutes and 30 seconds
9k worth of Wool per 3 minutes and 30 seconds (technically 8k, but this counts if I was going to get 1k)
35-40k worth of Amber per 16 minutes

7-8 hours to get 1k Wood for 400-450k
2-3 hours to get 1k Wool for 360k
2-3 hours to get 1k Amber for 350-400k

Best way of getting money in this case is either gathering Wool or Amber.

Still going to calculate gathering Ore (I'm an Adept miner)

Feel free to correct my math. I'm horrible at it, and it shows.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Mar 13 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

Only difference is that with time you start to earn more money by increasing your woodcutting skill. Aside from stats, which you wont gain very fast soloing, your amber skill stays the same. Except when you get up to rab 3 it'll slow down again until you get the stats to effectively solo it as well.

There was a time when I could get 1k wood in 35-45min, but I guess that is long past gone these days.

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
Mirado
post Mar 13 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 146

Well, it's also one of the hardest way to get money, as you HAVE to be a Chung Ryong who is Rabbit2. You can almost be out of Rab2 after spending 99 experience.

But yeah, I've been slowly leveling up a warrior to do just this. Not only is it fast, it's also relativly fun for me.

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 14 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #4

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I have long used Rabbit 2 as my primary source of cash. I always have at least one fighter in that cave. I deliberately killed my rogue many times over just to stay in that cave till she made legendary gemcutter! Now she is Il san. I kept my warrior there till she maxed the cave and maxed experience then bought to R3. Now I've got another maxed rogue cleaning up in there.

I've got 2 legendary weavers, one of them a GM tailor and the other a GM carpenter, adept minder and GM woodcutter.

I haven't done the detailed analysis that GrandCross has done but he's confirmed what I have long known, rabbit 2 is the best amber source in the whole game! It's a bit tougher for a rogue than a warrior to efficiently gather ambers there but there isn't that much difference.

If you haven't got a wool post (someone you can ring to or approach), then gathering wool isn't the way to go. Recently the sheep spawn in Woodlands has gotten so slow it isn't worth going there anymore.

Rabbit 2 is the way to go hands down.

My next goal is to get my R3 buff enough to solo mantis and ogre caves then lobster! In the meantime, my il san rogue does duty gathering dark ambers.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
dondon
post Mar 14 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #5

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 129

QUOTE(Grand Cross @ Mar 14 2007, 03:18 AM) [snapback]28886[/snapback]

but 1k usually goes for 360k, which is 14.4k per 25 wool (360 / 25).

You mean 9k/25 wools.

Anyway.. I don't really know about Rabbit2, but as a talented miner, it takes me about.. 7.5 minutes roughly to earn 25 of one type of ore (which means I deposit all my ores whenever I get 25 of a type; ie: 25 poor, 1 med, 1 high - and I'll still deposit it)

I don't know about ore price rate now.. Some says it's 6/8/12/12, but others, sometimes see people buying at 6/8/15/15. So.. You do the math, for I suck at it =P

+Quote Post
Flowerr
post Mar 14 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #6

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,067
Characters: Flower/ Pompoof

People need to bring smelting/smithing back so more people buy ore

--------------------
League of Legends is where its at!!!!!

+Quote Post
Ffyll
post Mar 14 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #7

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,415
Characters: Ffyll

The use of the love rings significantly increases abilities to deposit for wool and mining, and a lesser extent wooding, because it's a smaller walk to a grove.

I don't know how far it is to walk from a grove to an axe vendor. However, you can have moe axes than mining picks with you at any one time since you need just one slot spare for wood, yet you need 4 slots for metal and double the number for tools. And, of course, wooling requires no tools so there's never a need to walk to a shop.

--------------------

What a great front you got here...
... with Ffyll
-- Moraghul, whilst hosting an insanity Bloodlust line-up, carefully examines the front lines!

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Mar 14 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

What I'd like to know is if the nagnang woodlands will ever be the same. After it was changed, I tried it out, and cleared the entire field by myself and waited for a spawn. Loving the event right now because for the first time I can actually get experience and some money instead of either doing a boring craft/gather, or boss hunting(which I've hardly done anyway).

Two questions. First, in rabbit2, do you just normally kill before they can run?(I.E., when low health, I have slight problems with that at low rage in rab3) And two, when do you think a warrior is prepared to kill quickly enough to make a decent amount of money in rabbit3?(Chung ryong)

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Mar 14 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #9

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vortextk @ Mar 14 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]28948[/snapback]

Two questions. First, in rabbit2, do you just normally kill before they can run?(I.E., when low health, I have slight problems with that at low rage in rab3) And two, when do you think a warrior is prepared to kill quickly enough to make a decent amount of money in rabbit3?(Chung ryong)

I'm only in the rooms where there are Golden rabbits and Mad hares. The Giant rabbits are the ones that run at low health, and they take longer to kill, so I don't bother with them. (Though when I do go to higher levels in case there's too many people in an area, I more often then not kill the Giant rabbits before they have a chance to run at R3)

I don't really know about the second question, since I don't have a character strong enough to do any decent soloing/gathering in Rabbit3. However, overkill is the key. I'd say at least R5 would do the trick. (also, I'd imagine you'd need to buy some Brown potions or something since the rabbits will probably do a great deal of damage)

Oh, and here's another trick: If your base mana is R5 in this case, just go to the Sunset weaver (or whereever), and go to the Raise mana menu. She will automatically restore your mana fully. (This also works with Vita if you're low on it) So..no need for pipes.

I deliberately killed my rogue many times over just to stay in that cave till she made legendary gemcutter!

This is exactly what I plan on doing myself - another goal of mine that I'll attempt over the summer :)

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Mar 14 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Didn't know there were rooms of rabbits that DON'T run. Rabbit just isn't my big hunting spot =P Are they the same rabbits/rooms in rabbit3? And if so, which? I lost my wooling spot for now and after the event is over, rab3 seems like a decent place to go for some cash.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Mar 14 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #11

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vortextk @ Mar 14 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]28957[/snapback]

Didn't know there were rooms of rabbits that DON'T run. Rabbit just isn't my big hunting spot =P Are they the same rabbits/rooms in rabbit3? And if so, which? I lost my wooling spot for now and after the event is over, rab3 seems like a decent place to go for some cash.

Well you've got Golden rabbits, Mad hares, and Giant rabbits in Rab2, and Hops, Thumps, and Fluffs in Rab3. I've only been in Rabbit3 ONCE with my Baekho, and I get owned in there since I'm a puny C2 - so I don't know about the enemy behavior in there, the enemies in the rooms, or even rabbit ambushes for that matter :(

Here's what I CAN say about the Rabbit2 rooms though:

Mythic Waters (Entrance) - Golden rabbits
Mythic Owsla - Golden rabbits, Mad hares
Golden Warren - Golden rabbits, Mad hares
Hare Depression - Golden rabbits, Mad hares
Rabbit Hole - Golden rabbits (uncommon here), Mad hares, Giant rabbits
Hare Summit - Bottom half of this map has incredibly little Rabbit ambushes (because the top part of it is the sentry drop area), but there's Golden rabbits, Mad hares, Giant rabbits and the sentries
Rabbit Leap - Golden rabbits, Mad hares, Giant rabbits, Item/key boss
Foraged fields - Golden rabbits, Mad hares, Giant rabbits, Item/key boss

Only two enemies that run at low health are Giant rabbits and the sentries.

There are three types of Rabbit ambushes (Rab2):
1st type - 4 Golden rabbits
2nd type - 3 Mad hares
3rd type - Item/key boss, 4(?) Giant rabbits, 4(?) Mad hares (I havent really spawned too many of these)

If anyone wants to give any information regarding Rabbit3, please do, because I'd like to know myself. :(

+Quote Post
Henry
post Mar 14 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

fastest way to make money - scam

+Quote Post
LEET
post Mar 14 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #13

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

QUOTE(BIOFo @ Mar 14 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]29008[/snapback]

fastest way to make money - scam

cs

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 15 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #14

Map Goddess
Group Icon

The largest rabbit in all 3 levels of the cave runs. If you are max or near max you can kill them before they run. If you are a rogue you can either amnesia them or you can drain them when they run. Another reason why rogues and warriors are about equal in that cave.

I think you need to be an R5 and tons of vita before you tackle rabbit3. My R3 with 19k vita can handle Rabbit3 but only 1 at a time and chomping on livers. sad.gif

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Mar 15 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

EE would definitely help in rab3...il-san doesn't cut it all too well. They just run away too often, even on like r3-r4. Not much testing I can do since 1/4-3/4 of the rabbits I attack never actually die =P

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
koinu
post Mar 15 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #16

Graphics Guru
Group Icon

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,070
Characters: Koinu

=) I wish someone would post how long it takes to get dark ambers since a lot of users like to go DA hunting to get money. I've heard of warriors ee san + that can Da hunt faster than any class. so in this case...would dark amber hunting be the fastest?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
KamiKazi
post Mar 15 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #17

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

Know what'd be neat?

If kru made a special arena, you could enter (seperated by level/stats) and if are killed you lost x amount of money. But like, no more than 5%.

And it'd be even better if... even if you have money in your bank, it automatically gives it to you when you enter the arena.

Now THAT would be a fun way to get money!

--------------------
This is my signature.

+Quote Post
Rhew
post Mar 15 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #18

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 60
Characters: Rhew, Deimh

Koinu, back a long long time ago I was an Il san poet (about 160/120) and my husband was an Ee san R5.

In 91 ogres we could generally pull in about 200 dark ambers an hour. I was master gemcutter and would make about 100k per batch. Including selling the Tarnished ambers, that would pull in about 228k/hour.

It's probably alot faster nowadays, with polearms and maging and stuff. tongue.gif

--------------------
Geomancers!!!!!
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 15 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Map Goddess
Group Icon

It takes my C2 rogue about 30 to 40 minutes to get 100 ambers from rabbit2. It takes my C4 Il san rogue close to or a bit more than an hour to get 100 dark ambers. It depends on how many others are hunting in the mantis/ogre caves. It takes my sam mage about the same amount of time as my Il san rogue to gather dark ambers. It takes the mage and the rogue much longer in rabbit 3 mainly because the traps are hard to find and the rabbits run.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
PoeticTruth
post Mar 16 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #20

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 59
Characters: PoeticTruth

so... hunt people for money. Is that what you're suggesting Kami?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:23 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.