Conro
post Jun 28 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

So what's been going on with The Forsaken?

From what I've heard KRU basically turned Blight into a royal kiss ass and Wony has a huge issue with the leadership and RP of the clan so he's going to disband it?

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Jun 29 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,920

QUOTE (Conro @ Jun 28 2017, 10:23 PM) *
So what's been going on with The Forsaken?

From what I've heard KRU basically turned Blight into a royal kiss ass and Wony has a huge issue with the leadership and RP of the clan so he's going to disband it?

It's that same 'everyone gets along' mentality we've had pushed down our throats for years. NO CONFLICT. None. It is the most ridiculous thing, since certain characters, like Blight, have been some of the greatest known events in TK, and now... he's been neutered. What's next? The Pirate Event rolls around, and instead of Ilbon, it's a birthday party?

That letter from 'Blight' was so bizarre. It was so grammatically wrong, it seems forced, and even if it leads to some other event, it's not just Forsaken that's going to suffer, it's going to be all of Nagnang. So much has been neutered and made stale. Forced, with characters being played without any destination. Frustrating.

+Quote Post
Conro
post Jun 29 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Since Mug, they've tried to force a narrative for The Forsaken for years that just DOES NOT fit who they are or why they were established.

I hope the game dies <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jun 29 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

Out of all the clans that should be disbanded, they pick The Forsaken? lolwut.

+Quote Post
Cirran
post Aug 3 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #5

Enchanted

Member No.: 505

It would be perfectly reasonable to disband. The game cannot support the clans it has now. It doesn't really have the population.

Instead of tarnishing what we built all those years the 10 people left can go help the other carbon copy clans that are struggling. Forsaken like this isn't worth fighting for.

+Quote Post
JaydePhoenix
post Aug 5 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #6

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 286
Characters: Currently? None.

QUOTE (Xing-Yu Seong @ Jun 29 2017, 07:21 AM) *
It's that same 'everyone gets along' mentality we've had pushed down our throats for years. NO CONFLICT. None. It is the most ridiculous thing [ ... ]

Tell me about it. dry.gif Part of the reason I finally gave up and bailed.

--------------------
Surrender..
I know you're hiding here.
Come, my dear.
You can hide in the night,
while I'm waiting here.
All alone

+Quote Post
Conro
post Aug 7 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #7

Sam san
Group Icon

Oh come the [Content removed] on, whoever is leading The Forsaken has apparently forged a pact with the Royal Family?

Ayyyyy way to completely [Content removed] on the entire creation story of one of the most unique organizations in the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vini
post Aug 9 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

((It's sad to see that Forsaken clan changed so much and Blight changing from a guy that opposed ChaeRi into one of his followers. Next thing will be Blight sending application to become Chongun hahaha))

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Cirran
post Aug 19 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #9

Enchanted

QUOTE (Vini @ Aug 9 2017, 08:50 PM) *
((It's sad to see that Forsaken clan changed so much and Blight changing from a guy that opposed ChaeRi into one of his followers. Next thing will be Blight sending application to become Chongun hahaha))

FAKE NEWS! VINI, FAKE NEWS tongue.gif

Vini, thank you for saying that though. I'm so far removed from Nexus and the days of caring but I have such a removed perspective. I forgot how much you and I really used to agree on so many things. We just never agreed on the approach.

(When that day comes guess who will be the one to write the headline! I kid with affection) But seriously, I needed this post of your's. I forgot what I really thought of you after all these years until this one. You're far less fluffy and peacemongering as you appear.

+Quote Post
Vini
post Aug 29 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Cirran @ Aug 19 2017, 02:19 PM) *
(When that day comes guess who will be the one to write the headline! I kid with affection) But seriously, I needed this post of your's. I forgot what I really thought of you after all these years until this one. You're far less fluffy and peacemongering as you appear.

That's the reason why I put that post between (( )) in nexus forums, to show it's clearly my OOC opinion as a player. My character obviously disliked Blight, obviously liked that he apologized for his attacks and that finally peace reigns in Nagnang, but as a player I always respected/liked the complexity of character that Blight was. He was not a "pure villain", his motives were genuine and he was a worthy opponent.
As a player I would much rather enjoy seeing Blight dying a honorable death, fighting for his belief, than seeing this. I never liked when they made Blight be a barbarian, I didn't think he upheld the ideals of their path, but now, more than ever, he feels even less like a Barbarian and much more like a fallen Chongun, a korean version of Ronin if that ever existed.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Vini
post Aug 29 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Xing-Yu Seong @ Jun 29 2017, 07:21 AM) *
It's that same 'everyone gets along' mentality we've had pushed down our throats for years. NO CONFLICT. None. It is the most ridiculous thing, since certain characters, like Blight, have been some of the greatest known events in TK, and now... he's been neutered. What's next? The Pirate Event rolls around, and instead of Ilbon, it's a birthday party?

"They say there is no light without dark, no good without evil, no right without wrong"
Without conflict the games gets boring. Without complex story leading characters, the storyline gets boring. Don't get me wrong, Vini as a character is obviously VERY happy with the long peace. But, for the storyline to move forward it needs its conflicts with enemies giving real threat to the kingdoms, not really enemies that remain seculed in their own caves and present no threat when our characters are AFK sleeping at east gate.

Game of Thrones isn't a worldwide success because they all go and play with dragons. It's a success because it has very complex characters, all with their motivations, backgrounds, fears, delusions, virtues and sins. Blight was a very complex character and seeing that sorts of hurts one of the best Nexus characters in terms of complexity.

That example you gave out with Pirates becoming friendly is one of the things that also annoy me too in Oceana. The clan has 14 years of history now, 15 if we count with pre-official period. I try my best now to stay out of the clan affairs and let the people working there lead the flow of how things are going, but every few years or so I had to come and remind everyone that "No, it is NOT ok to have a pirate roleplay inside the clan. It's NOT because Disney's Pirates of Carebeean made pirates look cool on the big screen that Oceana will sink its history so a new kindred can play like Jack Sparrow". This in a way looks very much like what happened to Nagnang.

In my opinion, it's about time Forsaken clan moves forward from being blind followers of Blight and stick to their ideals even if their founder changed his belief. Forsaken clan isn't made of sheep running behind their shepherd. Blight abandoned the clan years ago, why can't the clan abandon Blight now and keep doing what they always did? Oceana's founding primogen was trying to RP that she was a princess of Atlantis for god sake, we obviously ignored that whole part and moved forward from that keep the clan in a direction that made sense for it.

QUOTE (Cirran @ Aug 2 2017, 11:09 PM) *
It would be perfectly reasonable to disband. The game cannot support the clans it has now. It doesn't really have the population.

Instead of tarnishing what we built all those years the 10 people left can go help the other carbon copy clans that are struggling. Forsaken like this isn't worth fighting for.

Out of all 7 clans of Nagnang (which is a lot), Forsaken clan is perhaps the last I would think should be disbanded.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Taijin
post Oct 20 2018, 02:00 AM
Post #12

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,203

QUOTE (Vini @ Aug 29 2017, 02:27 PM) *
he feels even less like a Barbarian and much more like a fallen Chongun, a korean version of Ronin if that ever existed.

Interesting notion. I might take that and run with it, Vini.

--------------------
I am not the Emperor of an ill-fated Kingdom. But you, my officials, remain its servants. That during my reign I have given you decency, yet on this day, wherefore none remain at my side?

朕非亡國之君,事事乃亡國之象,祖宗櫛風沐雨之天下,一朝失去,將何面目見於地下

- Ch'ach'aung Yeom Tai-jin

+Quote Post
Cirran
post Oct 28 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #13

Enchanted

Yea, but I retract my previous statement now.

I’m sure Forsaken is in good hands.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:31 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.