Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allygator
dinosaur
post Aug 1 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Enchanted

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 89

I think you did an AMAZINNNG job on the Mongol information! Its wonderful!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Aug 1 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

3 Cheers for Ally!

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
lepetitchou
post Aug 1 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #3

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 444

great job ally - very well compiled etc.

one thing though - could you go into detail about the new AI that kru used? spells cast by which creature, target, tendencies?

+Quote Post
Nagnag
post Aug 3 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
From: Kugnae forever! Weapon: ** Black Thorn ** Armor: ** Black Tuxedo ** Shield: ** Dagger **
Member No.: 4

The AI that Kru used was actually not new. It's just a compiled AI the've used in previous monsters. Gim-Yi ambushes, bosses heal themselves (they just changed graphic there), and the only NEW thing was the healing each other. And the way that worked was there were certain enemies that healed themselves and others, and since I can't think of them off the top of my head I'll use temp names...:

Powerful mongol (with 3x vita and 2x exp - not the boss but a so-called mini one) would be one that the other PAWN Mongols are responsible for healing. The powerful one can heal himself and other powerful ones as well.

Certain 'bugged' areas in the caves had MANY powerful mongols in one area that would do nothing but blind you and heal each other, literally making it impossible to kill them, unless you 1-hit each one and unblinded yourself constantly.

--------------------
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."

+Quote Post
Michike
post Aug 3 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #5

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 78

Nagnag you shouldn't forget the fact that above the fact of being annoying pests and healing eachother out the "poet-enemies" constantly cast some kind of protection spell so that they couldn't be cursed.

The idea behind the AI of the "sub-bosses" wasn't a bad one as long as there weren't more then 2 in a room. Just sad that they went to a state of over-using their spells.

All in all there were 5 kinds of Mongols :
1. Yurtchis (outside in the first couple of rooms)
- able to cast low self-healing or improve their regeneration rate
- regular monster AI
2. level 1 Hammer/Sword/Katana (Inside the tents or starting from the third room)
- regular monster AI
3. level 2 Hammer/Sword/Katana (Inside the tents or starting from the third room)
- regular monster AI
- Ability to get selfhealed in serious ammounts, when healing face away from the target and walk towards the higher level monsters.
4. level 3 Hammer/Katana (Inside the tents or in last room)
- Ability to cast blind
- Ability to heal others/self
- Ability to cast protection spells on self
- Naturally keep close to the other enemy they are protecting (causing the problem Nagnag refers to as a bug)
- Will use protection spells over melee, I prefer to refer to them as "poet-enemies"
5. Boss AI
- Ability to cast ambush
- Regular monster AI
- Preferential target for heals by the poet-enemies
- Ability to see you from further then screen distance, only way to hide from it is to change rooms

In the end the only "new" AI is the one used for the poet-enemies. As Nagnag said, in the last room of the cave all of these "poet-enemies" grouped together making them litterally impossible to kill efficiently. A group of 50 poets watching over eachother isn't exactly where you're going to get the most kills.

All kinds of monsters were agressive except for the "poet-enemies". I'ld say that AI-wise it was an interesting challenge but not the best I've seen from Kru. Some healingspells did not even have a graphic or the graphic was bugged.

As a quick edit, the mongols kept walking around after being blinded (following you) but would not attack you.

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Aug 3 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #6

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

Many thanks for the kind words. I cannot claim that it is all my work because the person who wrote the story on the main page has written several story type paragraphs for me. That person does not want their name listed so you can thank him/her/it here too.

With that said, if anyone wants to write up the AI attacks in a suitable format for NexusAtlas I will gladly post that and give you credit by listing your name.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:27 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.