> Where Have All The Do Gone?
MainAttraction
post Dec 6 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #181

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 13,050

It would be awesome if Elders would post or give their data to someone like the stataddicts so this could be tracked more effectivley by accounts. For those that don't know every day, the elder of a path is nmailed the path numbers both members and accounts. Most paths do have a few "extra" alts, the number wasn't as high as you might think especially with the new Kru Banks, but I'd still estimate the alt count to be anywhere from 2-7 per path right now.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Dec 6 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #182

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Actually, when I last got that report a year ago, very few paths had any extras from the same account. Maybe 3 or 4 paths. Even then those paths hardly had many added to them. I think one had 3, Chongun had 2, and the rest were 1 extra. *shrugs* If that trend is still correct or not, beats me. However that was how it was for a while when I got those reports.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Dec 6 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #183

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

Because people tell everyone who their alts are, Mr. "I-Have-A-Second-Chongun-No-One-Else-Knows-About-So-I-Can-Spy-On-Others-In-The-Circle"

As if you were the only one whose ever had that idea

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Dec 7 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #184

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

What the hell you babbling about this time? You are spewing crap again that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. That post was in reply to the fact that Elders get a Nmail every morning from the server on their quota numbers, as well as how they were when I ~last~ got them.

Besides, not like it even matters to you since you will still try to pick a fight over it, but virtually everybody in the path already knows who my bank alt is. That has never been a secret. Nor was it even remotely an issue in this entire forums.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Dec 7 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #185

Oh san
Group Icon

Oh give me a break. You bragged about having a secret Chongun character no one knew was you back when we had our major falling out and that you specifically used that character to sit in the Circle and listen to people. If you still do it or not, I really don't care anymore but it's still relevant since the discussion is now about how common it is for one person to have multiple characters in the same subpath.

As for the relevance, you're trying to suggest alts don't make up a substantial portion of the subpath numbers. I found that a little silly since, if I had understood you correctly, you had three Chonguns yourself.

When we're dealing with less than 100 people in a subpath, the number of alts can actually be a rather substantial makeup of the path.

Let's say, as you claim, 3 people have alts. How many alts do they have? 1? If it's a subpath of 84 (such as Chonguns), then that's almost 4% of the path. If they each have 2? That means they make up 7% of the path. You see where I'm going with this? 3 people can make up almost 10% of a subpath.

But I doubt it's just 3 people, especially with the subpath culture as it is-- people thinking having alts in helps keep them with quota, or using the alt to spy on others (such as aspirants or their enemies, or whatever), those who made them to be player-ran event characters or maybe they are just trying to increase their chances of becoming Guides / Elder, whatever...... I try not to go too far down the rabbit hole putting myself in the shoes of people who engage in that kind of nonsense, but if I really try I bet I could come up with a hundred reasons.

There are Walkers, Guides and Elders who, over the years, have added alts from secondary accounts to their paths. The reasons vary. The point is they exist and are unlikely to be detected by some server script.

And it's a lot more believable than thinking everyone in a subpath has a Warrior, Rogue, Poet and Mage on their account who belong to a subpath. Which the data could suggest but I think is rather unlikely to be true. Making an average out of subpathers by base class, that would mean there are 246 players who have subpath characters. That -might- be consistent with the average active number of players for the entire game (if assuming subpathers are the most "loyal" and less likely to abandon the game, so they make up the majority now) but the top 1,000 list indicates a much larger portion of the active playerbase have NPC characters, so you can toss that theory (that everyone in a subpath has 4 characters of different base classes in a subpath) out. But the numbers have to come from somewhere, so coming from subpathers with multiple alts in one subpath makes a lot more sense.

Math doesn't lie. People do. I can't figure out how many subpathers have multiples in the same subpath but I'll bet it's more than you are claiming.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.

+Quote Post
Destyn
post Dec 7 2010, 09:38 AM
Post #186

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Dec 7 2010, 07:13 AM) *
Oh give me a break. You bragged about having a secret Chongun character no one knew was you back when we had our major falling out and that you specifically used that character to sit in the Circle and listen to people. If you still do it or not, I really don't care anymore but it's still relevant since the discussion is now about how common it was for one person to have multiple characters in the same subpath.

Fixed. biggrin.gif

People don't really care enough to make super ultra secret alts to snoop on others in the path. That's already relatively easy as it is, without having to make alts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Dec 7 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #187

Ee san
Group Icon

Well DM does have a point about alts, and it probably is still true. But what I was getting at is the quota from atleast when I played was 50 accounts per subpath. And as such the difference of Accounts to Members wasn't that high, but as DM has pointed out there are other reasons and means to have multiple characters on different accounts and while I am sure it burned me personally back in the day I can't really blame people for being that into the social structure of the game that they think they need multiple accounts to succeed in that way. I mean I did have an alt (on the same account) in the same subpath I was in, but that wasn;t for political gains or anything, it was for Adventures carnage and the benefits of the subpath spells LOL.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Dec 8 2010, 03:18 AM
Post #188

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

That takes some serious dedication to get a second account just to put em in a specific path. I really can't see it being all that common specially since there isn't much of a quota anymore.

As much as I think these charts you guys have been pointless are largely meaningless, I would like to say that Chongun increased by a whole 2 while everyone else fell huzzah! Of course we were already really low so sad.gif.

By the way if anyone is interested there are semi-indepth numbers on the Chongun here. Nothing on accounts/path or anything like that though. I think Berig's site has some stuff as well but I'm to lazy to check.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Dec 8 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #189

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dritz @ Dec 8 2010, 03:18 AM) *
That takes some serious dedication to get a second account just to put em in a specific path. I really can't see it being all that common specially since there isn't much of a quota anymore.

"Common" is relative to a population. If the pool size is already very small, what is "uncommon" can still represent a significant portion of the members.

Example: A subpath of 100 has 30 members who fall under some category the other 70 do not. The number 30 by itself doesn't seem like a lot, but when compared to the total number of members it shows that 30% of the members fall in that category; which is a pretty significant chunk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Dec 8 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #190

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Theres many reasons people would have multiple characters in the same path. The most notable ones I can remember did it to improve the image of their main, and to further their own goals within the path.

After that, they usually sit in the circle listening for any mention of themselves.

Don't over-estimate the average person who wants to be guide.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Dec 8 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #191

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Dec 8 2010, 02:08 AM) *
"Common" is relative to a population. If the pool size is already very small, what is "uncommon" can still represent a significant portion of the members.

Example: A subpath of 100 has 30 members who fall under some category the other 70 do not. The number 30 by itself doesn't seem like a lot, but when compared to the total number of members it shows that 30% of the members fall in that category; which is a pretty significant chunk.

Ah hah! But you forgot to factor in the fact you appear to be pulling that number out of your [Content removed] and it doesn't have much to do with the accounts/path question. To be clear we are talking about accounts/path? Maybe if it was simply alts/path I could see something like that. Maybe.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Dec 8 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #192

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dritz @ Dec 8 2010, 12:55 PM) *
Ah hah! But you forgot to factor in the fact you appear to be pulling that number out of your [Content removed] and it doesn't have much to do with the accounts/path question. To be clear we are talking about accounts/path? Maybe if it was simply alts/path I could see something like that. Maybe.

I already did an example using Chongun's current numbers. The other subpaths aren't much better. We are dealing with very small populations, not large ones. A handful of people does make up a large portion of the group. That's not opinion, it's fact.

I don't know how many people have alts in their subpaths or how many use secondary accounts. From experience, I know secondary accounts are not uncommon. I would assume that now that the population consists almost entirely of the most addicted players who won't quit the game even if KRU announced they eat babies for lunch, a significant portion of the current subscribers have secondary accounts. But impossible to know for certain how many because we don't have the necessary information.

The point is that even a small number of individuals who engage in that activity represents a large portion of the current subscribers because there aren't that many subscribers to begin with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Dec 9 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #193

Ee san
Group Icon

bombobmbobmbombobmobmbombobmbombom,

In a world of lies and deceit, political espionage, vendettas and nexus... one man tries to fight it all...

from Warner Brothers Picture studio...

DARKMAVERICK IS...

CONSPIRACY THEORY

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
post Dec 9 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #194

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

"I'd watch that."
"Yeah, seems like it'd be pretty good."

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Jan 18 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #195

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

1 1/2 Months Later:

Diviner: 80 +0
Geomancer: 74 -5
Shaman: 68 + 11

Druid: 72 +6
Monk: 126 +5
Muse: 73 +6

Barbarian: 91 +12
Do: 70 +8
Chongun: 96 +12

Spy: 81 -3
Ranger: 78 -6
Merchant: 89 +11

Total gained since 12/1/10: +57

Nexus is... gaining players...? What kind on sense does that make?

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jan 18 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #196

Oh san
Group Icon

They probably aren't new players, just alts of the same people who have been playing for over a decade. Or people changing from NPC to PC, which is the more likely explanation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Jan 19 2011, 02:44 AM
Post #197

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Santa Mhul would be the best explanation.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
SetYu
post Jan 27 2011, 04:09 AM
Post #198

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 2,942
Characters: Bellamuse, Setyu, Momoshi

QUOTE (Coolboyman @ Jan 18 2011, 07:35 PM) *
Nexus is... gaining players...? What kind on sense does that make?

I somewhat agree with Yeas, but I don't think that all those people making Santa M'hul alts would decide to join a subpath.

+Quote Post
Coolboyman
post Jan 28 2011, 03:19 AM
Post #199

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (SetYu @ Jan 27 2011, 01:09 AM) *
I somewhat agree with Yeas, but I don't think that all those people making Santa M'hul alts would decide to join a subpath.

Yeah that's probably it. It's been a month since Santa Mhul and the numbers are dropping.

Diviner: 78 -2
Geomancer: 71 -3
Shaman: 66 -2

Druid: 68 -4
Monk: 122 -4
Muse: 71 -2

Barbarian: 88 -3
Do: 72 +2
Chongun: 92 -4

Spy: 82 +1
Ranger: 75 -3
Merchant: 80 -9

Total since 1/18/11: -33
That's a pretty big loss for only 9 days.
Total since 12/1/10: +24

+Quote Post
WereWulf
post Mar 31 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #200

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 306
Characters: Don't mess up the tables!

I was bored today and checked the SP list... topic revival! The Do have gone missing again tongue.gif

" Total registered : 59 Total unregistered : 167

Last updated : Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:36:13 AM "

I don't blame them there aren't any good updates anymore.

--------------------
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:19 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.