IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roleplaying Subpaths, Getting to know their main aspects
Which Subpaths are better planned with their roleplay aspects?
Which Warrior subpath you think has the most interesting roleplay?
Barbarian [ 36 ] ** [40.45%]
Chongun [ 15 ] ** [16.85%]
Do [ 38 ] ** [42.70%]
Which Rogue subpath you think has the most interesting roleplay?
Merchant [ 9 ] ** [10.11%]
Ranger [ 16 ] ** [17.98%]
Spy [ 64 ] ** [71.91%]
Which Mage subpath you think has the most interesting roleplay?
Diviner [ 19 ] ** [21.35%]
Geomancer [ 20 ] ** [22.47%]
Shaman [ 50 ] ** [56.18%]
Which Poet subpath you think has the most interesting roleplay?
Druid [ 27 ] ** [30.34%]
Monk [ 38 ] ** [42.70%]
Muse [ 24 ] ** [26.97%]
Which fighter subpath has the better roleplay aspect? Which one do you understand most of what they're purpose is?
Barbarian [ 25 ] ** [28.09%]
Chongun [ 8 ] ** [8.99%]
Do [ 14 ] ** [15.73%]
Merchant [ 14 ] ** [15.73%]
Ranger [ 8 ] ** [8.99%]
Spy [ 16 ] ** [17.98%]
None is clear. [ 4 ] ** [4.49%]
Which Caster subpath has the better roleplay aspect? Which one do you understand most of what they're purpose is?
Diviner [ 11 ] ** [12.36%]
Geomancer [ 6 ] ** [6.74%]
Shaman [ 23 ] ** [25.84%]
Druid [ 8 ] ** [8.99%]
Monk [ 13 ] ** [14.61%]
Muse [ 21 ] ** [23.60%]
None is clear. [ 7 ] ** [7.87%]
Overall, which path has the better subpath options?
Warrior (Barbarian, Chongun and Do) [ 24 ] ** [26.97%]
Rogue (Merchant, Ranger and Spy) [ 16 ] ** [17.98%]
Mage (Diviner, Geomancer and Shaman) [ 17 ] ** [19.10%]
Poet (Druid, Monk and Muse) [ 16 ] ** [17.98%]
None have a good variety at all. [ 9 ] ** [10.11%]
I'm fine with all of them they way they are. [ 7 ] ** [7.87%]
Total Votes: 89
Guests cannot vote 
Vini
post Jul 12 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Nexus Atlas Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

Some subpaths may be taking their roles, their lores and culture a bit more serious than others. Yet people tend to analyze just their own subpath. The purpose with this poll is to see which subpath would need to work more to make their roleplay more clear and more important to public's view.

We're not here to debate which one is better in hunting, spells, which one you identify more with or to pick the one you follow. Simply this poll is to consider which subpath you better of their purpose in nexus, even if you don't like that certain subpath.

Elders and guides please do NOT respond to answers of people here or get mad at them. If you start replying to their opinions it will make them worried about proceeding with it. If you do not like this type of feedback, you don't have to read it. It's not accurate, it's not the one whole truth, but it serves to give a way to understand what's people viewing on each of the subpaths. biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 12 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

I dont know how to vote on this one so I'm not going to.

All subpaths have good roleplay concepts, but over the years some of the paths have become very similar, absorbing this "neutrality" concept which ends up making them pretty much do nothing constructive besides hold carnival events for tribute points and some of the so-called 'elite' to look down on anyone that likes to play the game for fun rather than live it as if it was their whole life.

After quota I always considered Shamans, Barbarians and Muses the last bastions of community interactive roleplaying, but it seems to have been quelled over the years, although Barbarians still try to do things but are generally ignored by the Royals, as evident on how they can so easily conquer the throne room from time to time and this doesn't cause shockwaves throughout the kingdom like it otherwise would if roleplaying was taken seriously by the Immortals-- which it clearly isn't.

I honestly feel bad for the Barbarians; sure some of their members are really immature, but they as a path are at least very dedicated to each other and interact with the community often. The same cannot be said of many other paths that exist pretty much entirely inside their Circles and interact very little with anyone else.

Sometimes I wish the Circles would be removed and the NPCs and trigrams moved to the subpath areas so subpathers could no longer hide inside special rooms.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Euphoria
post Jul 12 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 446

rofl....

Diviners are at 1/7 yet they have about 75% of all subpathed mages

just thought that was kinda funny

just noticed barbarians have 0 votes

srsly who roleplays for anything besides spells

--------------------

+Quote Post
Styledatol
post Jul 14 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Jul 12 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]51866[/snapback]

rofl....

Diviners are at 1/7 yet they have about 75% of all subpathed mages

just thought that was kinda funny

just noticed barbarians have 0 votes

srsly who roleplays for anything besides spells

People who enjoy roleplaying by itself? You know, the dying breed of nexus players.

+Quote Post
Guldar
post Jul 16 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Level 5

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 1,220

I joined the Chongun for the roleplay. I stayed because it's a place that I enjoy, populated by people who I like. I'm a little biased when it comes to voting on this, considering that while I have characters in 5 of the subpaths, I only devote time to my Chongun.

+Quote Post
Celindon
post Jul 17 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #6

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 8,289
Characters: Celindon, Almalexian

Sad thing is, diviners are, in my opinion, the most role play oriented subpath. Then shaman the geomancer. I joined Diviner for the roleplay, I mean, It's pretty fun to be able to do all the things that diviner's can do but honestly I think that their ability to roleplay outstands all other mage subpaths. Spies are the same way with rogues. They have the ability to roleplay better then any other subpath....and they do. And with warriors im drawn between Chongun and Barbarian...Barbarian's that I've run into are always in character. At least thats my attitude towards RP subpaths tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Vini
post Jul 17 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Nexus Atlas Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

Celindon, the actual purpose of the poll is what you might have not understood. People aren't voting in which path is more in character or which path roleplays more with their current RP. The vote is actually to see which path has the roleplay valorized most by others. Which ones add most to the game as a whole, their culture, their tales, their lores their ways and habits, their actions and their teachings.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Interstate
post Jul 17 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,663

I'm a spy.

--------------------
Vicious Circle
Hater of haters
Anti-elitist elitist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL65cvzK0s...feature=related

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Aug 2 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #9

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

QUOTE(Interstate @ Jul 18 2008, 12:26 AM) [snapback]52517[/snapback]

I'm a spy.

eyem spi @ harte... x

haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darken
post Aug 8 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,584

*NODS*

+Quote Post
MickeyLady
post Aug 9 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #11

Level 5

Member No.: 2,372

I can't say because I have 5 chars in 5 of those subpaths, tring for a 6th and 7th.

--------------------
MickeyLady Muirin Geileis
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MeduLLA
post Aug 9 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 698

I'm annoying!

I have had chars in all but Spy and Monk...I just don't find it interesting enough. There isn't much incentive to be a spy. I mean yeah, you can be a hired mercenary, but it doesn't do you any good if that person never goes in an arena or a PVP area. It would be alot neater if spies had the ability to pvp kill anybody almost anywhere...

I love Barbarians the most of all. It's actually a family there and they hold true to the RP and the values of the path the most. I'll admit that I got more out of the Barbarian trials and training than any other subpath. Heck...some of them just required that I go get items and count like 574 little |||||||||| in an n-mail post.

BLeh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dria
post Aug 17 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #13

Enchanted

Member No.: 339

Muse Muse Muse! Rocks Rocks Rocks! Yes.

I have 6 characters, only two of which are currently in subpaths and 2 more are training into subpaths.

I don't really care too much for the rogue subpaths for my own roleplay styles, but if I had to choose one, it might be Spy because it would be a challenge for me. I have been in Rangers (twice now) and still didn't like it that much because it was sooooooo inactive when I was there.

As for warrior paths, I enjoy the company of the Barbs but I don't think I could be one. I recently left Chongun for personal reasons, I liked it but I had been left guideless twice during training and it was frustrating. I would like to try Do sometime but I am impatient ;p.

Mage subpaths, I had a good time in Diviner when I was super active, now it's just meh. I don't even wanna log onto that character. I have a lot of Shaman friends and have a character training for Shaman. I love the Soris and GR. Geo jumbles are fun but I don't like the always be neutral in everything aspect. Also they pretty much kicked Diskord out when he took over Primogen for Destiny saying it was unethical for him to be in Geo and a Primo or something like that. Buu to that.

Poet subpaths, YAY my favorite. I have been a Muse for four years now and I love it still. I can't say that about almost anything in my life at the moment. Muse has been my staple in this game and I don't think I could ever leave. I used to research and read on Wicca and Paganism when I was in high school, so Druid always interested me but I could never leave Muse. Now I have another character training for Druid and I'm having a blast. I also learned a lot about buddhism and zen in college so if I wanted to, I have the knowledge base to become a Monk easily but I wouldn't because it doesn't fit my style really.

--------------------
o/`~..Living is easy with eyes closed.. Misunderstanding all you see...~o/`

+Quote Post
Voyce
post Aug 17 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #14

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I like all the Poet Subpaths in their most basic senses, I feel they have the most diversity. For mages, I like Diviner, I don't feel constricted in my RP as a Diviner the only thing I can't do it be "evil" so as long as I don't start eating babies I think Im fine. Warriors I think Chongun is my favorite by definition of the path, I don't really like playing a warrior though so i doubt I'll have one ever join a SP. Rogue, none of them really appeal to me but I suppose merchant is nice, I don't really enjoy being forced to be "honest" tongue.gif but out of the three paths Merchant offers me the most. Ranger is pretty average and Spy just seems like a club for teenage boys.

In the end though, a subpath is what you make of it. Everyone has their own preferences.

+Quote Post
Hatiki
post Aug 17 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #15

General of Koguryo Army
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 491
Characters: Hatiki

I've been in a lot of subpaths and tried not to take a bias stance.

For Warrior Subpaths I chose Do. I think a lot of people fail to realize what Do roleplay is. If you actually observe one roleplaying or read their scroll, they have a very interesting roleplay, which is why chose them. I have been a Chongun and to this day, I still don't know how they rp. Not to mention when I was there, the circle was dead. Probably the worst I've seen in all the subpaths I've been. Barbarians have a very interesting rp. One of the easier to rp out of the three, it's a shame majority of them really suck at rping a Barbarian because in the past, there have been many great Barbarians, where as now, I can only name a few who I think are truly Barbarians.

For Rogue Subpaths, to be quite honest, I don't like any of them, but I chose Ranger because I believe if they really wanted to, they could have an incredible roleplay to work with. Unfortunately, they have come off as Barbarian wannabes. Spy subpath, I enjoyed a long time ago, but after so many weird elders, I haven't really enjoyed this path, although their rp is interesting and you can do a lot. Merchant Subpath has so much room for improvement. At first I didn't agree with the changes Everclear made, but after much thought, I think what he wanted to do was for the good of the path and would help expand their rp.

For Mage Subpaths, I chose Shaman and not because I am a Shaman, but because I've been in the other 2 subpaths and I felt like I wasn't restricted to rp anyway I wanted in the Shaman. I think Diviners would come second in this category, because they do have an interesting rp, it just becomes boring, doing the same thing over and over. Geomancers, I have always been confused by their rp. First i'm told they're elemental wizards and then next i'm told they're taoists. They need to get their rp together and figure out which one they are. I know they've also had a lot of problems in the past with Elders coming and going like every 3 months.

For Poet Subpaths, I chose Druid. I've only been in 2 of the 3 subpaths for poets, and Druid rp is in a small way similar to Shaman. Druids have a mix of many subpaths in them and if you have a creative mind, one could come up with a good roleplay whether as a light or dark druid. Muse subpath could have a good roleplay, but I think after many years of a lot of muses ruining their rp, it is hard to take any muse serious. Monk subpath, I just don't know about them, they don't really stand out to me.

--------------------
"Conspiracy, scandals, truths and slight truths."

+Quote Post
Annoura
post Aug 28 2008, 06:23 AM
Post #16

Level 5

Member No.: 2,479

I am also confused by the geomancer roleplay.

...This could be because I have never once seen one of their walkers in-character.

+Quote Post
AwesomePaul
post Aug 28 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #17

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 465
Characters: Seferoth, AwesomePaul

I guess my vote is biased, but I voted for Barbarians overall. Their roleplay appeals to me the most. Throughout my time in the path, roleplay was always a big part of everything. We held many events, most involving (hell, even going against) the community, and some for just us. I can remember sitting in the cave telling war stories, just to see who could come up with the best RP story. And just for the sake of roleplaying, there were no prizes or SP points back then.
I really wish I had the time and money to devote to Nexus again so I could get Seferoth back into the family. One day... one day..

--------------------

-Epic Fail-

I'm a Medulla fan, but she has no banner!

+Quote Post
Iter
post Aug 28 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #18

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 166
Characters: Tiker, Celeriter, Kenjo, Blackmorrow, Mabon

Of the warriors, I always thought the Do had the most interesting RP, but my experience in aspiring to them was very frustrating. I found the training process too strict--basically reading and tests--and little roleplay interaction in the process. It seemed like the training was important, but roleplay and creativity was not. This bothered me. From my interaction with the subpath, I've seen it's some and some... Unfortunately, the guide that took me was an old one, but not inspiring on the RP side... For all of the subpaths, I should say that I would love to see more freedom for individuals... Ideally, I would have a Do that would go through the process and then for my own interests, go AWOL and just be a ronin of sorts without the affiliation of the school. This can be abused of course, but I think it would be awesome if people remained in character as a wayward Do. Barbarians are fun, but yeah I think the immaturity of some ruined my impression. Chonguns I think are a cool idea--but have little application. Perhaps if kingdom armies had to be led by a Chongun, or there were mercenary armies of Chonguns...I don't know...

For mages--I've always been really interested in the Shaman... Cool RP base, and lots of potential for personal RP and of course--some evil. Diviners... it seems limited. Everyone has their own fortune-telling method and they post on the CotW. I know it's more than that, but it doesn't seem there's a whole lot to do with that from my perspective. I like others...don't really understand what Geomancers are doing...

Poets--I think Monks have the clearest and strongest roleplay... Though I think it would be cool if you could become a 'Monk' in a different religion than Buddhism... Muses are pretty interesting in general, and at their best I think it's possibly the most community-oriented path... The days of poetry revels and theatre-going (which might still be part of today, but I don't know). Druids I think have a great base, but were never really visible to me when I played. Not a whole lot of interaction with the community? In general, I think the poets are really strong.

Rogues... I've never really understood the role or draw of the Merchants, so I'll say that up front. Rangers...great potential, but not sure how they come off... Sometimes they seem like Barbarian wannabes as someone said. Other times they seem like boy scouts teaching people wilderness skills. Spies I think have the best RP situation of any in the game: you can be whatever you want pretty much. Their application, however, is problematic. These are no longer the days of an elite and small guild when spies were actually spy-like, accessed things before others, etc. Now it's a swollen organization with lots of departments and tough-talking. I've passed this idea along before, and I know certain eyes have seen it. In short it's this: like someone said, give the spies a pvp kill ability. I envisioned the Koguryo Spy Guild's division into competing, regionalized guilds (i.e. one loyal to the Buyan army, one loyal to the Koguryo army, more freelance and unsanctioned guilds in these regions, etc.), led by guides and engaging in gang-like warfare or cold war espionage through out the kingdoms. So although there is the tri-kingdom alliance, a hot, secret war may be going on between spy guilds loyal--and hired--by various organizations (clans, armies, other subpaths) in a competition which would be very real... It would be a radical move though, and I doubt anyone would have the guts to stand up against KSG tradition.

+Quote Post
FallenEngell
post Aug 29 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #19

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 1,744

I think people in all the pathes are pretty douchey for the most part. Barbs got a few "newer" members that are kinda cool. The older ones are just typical asshats to me, atleast the sort of people on online games that I don't like.

As for the RP.....I like the warrior pathes the most. Rogue only Spy/Ninja/Assassin is the best.....merchant is kinda lame, same with ranger. Poets the monk path is alright, but I do not care for them going into caves at all. If you are a monk I don't think you should ever hunt/carnage/bloodlust/foxhunt etc ever. Druid...they shouldn't be in armies or cities, dunno what the [Content removed] is up with that. The other poet path? I don't even know its name so it must not be any good or i'd remember it. Shaman...don't know much about it. Diviner...telling future....is what it is. Geomancer = steaming pile of poop.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2018 - 04:58 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.