Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doze Trick Wow
TupacDawg
post Aug 31 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 2,495

No matter how many times I try, I still cant do it.

Someone help explain this to me better =(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aphaea
post Aug 31 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #2

Enchanted

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 2,989

Wasn't there a similar thread like this, but closed due to unnecessary bashing of others?

I figured the information you need can be found there. All of them; you just need timing.
- Aphaea

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Aug 31 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,705

Basically doze trick is a flaw in the doze script and 3 per second script. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are supposed to time your attack for when the doze graphic reaches the peek of the player. Now if you lag a lot you'll obviously have to time it better.

+Quote Post
HyuKo
post Aug 31 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 666

dont even worry about it, people suck at pk too much these days

+Quote Post
Topher
post Aug 31 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #5

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 1,821

the game has 3 second intervals to heal out.. basically all you do (depending on your lag) doze, (watch your aether box) once 2 seconds have gone by hellfire.. ahh it's hard to explain. it works for me though..

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Aug 31 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

QUOTE(Topher @ Aug 31 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]39447[/snapback]

the game has 3 second intervals to heal out.. basically all you do (depending on your lag) doze, (watch your aether box) once 2 seconds have gone by hellfire.. ahh it's hard to explain. it works for me though..

The game does not have 3 second intervals. You have the ability to cast 3 spells in 1 second, maximum. Because this runs in a cycle with all other spells by all other players at any given time and is not unique to each player, if you hellfire at the 'end' of the 1 second cycle, they will die immediately and this is why they disappear fast if you time it right. If you HF at the beginning of the cycle, that gives them probably a half of a second, or maybe even a little more, to heal out.

A lot can be done in a second tongue.gif

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Topher
post Sep 1 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #7

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 1,821

yeah falaris is 100% right. my bad. i donno but my method works, watch doze till it reaches their head then bam hellfire with no graphic. prolly depends on connection/computer etc

+Quote Post
Henry
post Sep 2 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #8

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

they did something so it doesnt work like it did before...theres a way to do it now but it isnt based off the doze graphic

thats the truth i pk like the whole time im on nexus

peace

+Quote Post
HyuKo
post Sep 2 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #9

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 666

Henry, they didnt change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i could still do it fine when i was registered.

SILLY GOOSE.

but seriously, its like right before it disapeers( the swirling yellow ribbon going upward) thats the doze trick.

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Sep 19 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,989
Characters: Sanguis, LeXington, Pagan, Hwarang

Wow, this is first I've heard of a doze trick. I did hear a rumor (I don't believe it's true) that if you use tab feature to lock on and heal someone you cast 4 spells per second. Like I said, I don't believe it but it would be nice to get a confirmation.

LeX

--------------------
Abyssus abyssum invocat~!

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Sep 19 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #11

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

QUOTE(LeXington @ Sep 19 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]40310[/snapback]

Wow, this is first I've heard of a doze trick. I did hear a rumor (I don't believe it's true) that if you use tab feature to lock on and heal someone you cast 4 spells per second. Like I said, I don't believe it but it would be nice to get a confirmation.
LeX

Tab has nothing to do with it. If you cast the first heal at the end of the 'cycle' and then immediately it goes into a 'second cycle' in which you cast 3 spells, it will seem like 4 spells in a second. The 3 spells per second is a restriction actually placed in the game when it was upgraded once somewhere in the 50s (I think..? Maybe 60s). I know this and many other poets and mages do as well from this era because it was MUCH easier to scourge or para an entire room, whereas after that update you would notice it wouldn't actually cast the spell on numerous creatures as you raced around the room with the selector casting spells on all the animals, thus actually requiring you to pay attention to the ones you miss if you go too fast. In essence, you had to hunt slower.

The same goes for attacks, too. Think about firing a bow or even swinging a sword. Sometimes, when you hold down space bar, it shoots/swings and then IMMEDIATELY shoots or swings again. After that, it gets into its normal cycle of 1 attack/second because you have 3 frames to fill up 1 second with an attack animation (1-Pull back sword, 2-swing on enemy, 3-return to normal stance). But if you catch it on the end of a cycle, you will just do a real fast attack animation and swing again in the same stroke without ever returning to the original stance of your character standing there and not swiging.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Sep 24 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,989
Characters: Sanguis, LeXington, Pagan, Hwarang

I have noticed that if several people are swinging their weapon, most will swing in unison, but others will swing in between everyone else's swing.

So could healing out do the same? Should I mash the heal or press it for a second, let up, press for another second, etc?

LeX

--------------------
Abyssus abyssum invocat~!

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Sep 27 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #13

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

QUOTE(LeXington @ Sep 24 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]40847[/snapback]

I have noticed that if several people are swinging their weapon, most will swing in unison, but others will swing in between everyone else's swing.

So could healing out do the same? Should I mash the heal or press it for a second, let up, press for another second, etc?
LeX

When you are going to heal out you want to rapidly press the button rather then hold it down. Also you want to try and get it to run smoothly without little breaks. So start slow and gradually increase the speed of your button tapping so that your casting as fast as you can, but still have a smooth continuous spell cast.

At the same time, you could be the person who's best at heal outs. But if someone hits you with an attack that would kill you at the 3rd interval of that second. Your dead.

You don't need doze to get that instant kill that doesn't allow someone to heal out. Doze just gives you something to time it off of. all you need to do is hit them on the 3rd interval of that second.

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2018 - 01:44 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.