> Oh-san!, They're asking for names!
Gerdi
post Apr 6 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 388

Sooooooo... Kru is asking subpaths to submit the titles they would like for their Oh-san mark. Seems like it's finally happening. Thoughts? What do you think the trials will be? What do you think the names will be? What do you think the spells should be?

Two things I hope for when completing Oh-san trials: Nothing is tenure based (like you need to have sage 8 or something stupid) and you don't need players literally triple the stats to complete the trials.

Some name ideas:

Muse: Maestro
Spy: Operative
Ju Jak: Warlock
Shaman: Necromancer (?)
Diviner: Augurer
Ranger: Vagabond
Monk: Cleric

I dunno, I like more simple names.

As far as spells go, I hope some of them can be implemented into PK since essentially no offensive spells were allowed for PVP...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ace
post Apr 6 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

Awesome - sadly I need 590 maxes for Oh san stats on my warrior and 450 maxes for Oh san stats on my poet and neither of those things will ever happen. I'm interested to see what all comes of it though!

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Apr 6 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Can always pull up the thread about the Sa san names and consider some of those for Oh san as well if you want ideas. The way I see it, if they asking for names now, they are at least 80% done the trials. Bigger question is, how bad are they going to be compared to the Sa trials.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ace
post Apr 6 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (SilentS @ Apr 6 2015, 08:58 PM) *
Can always pull up the thread about the Sa san names and consider some of those for Oh san as well if you want ideas. The way I see it, if they asking for names now, they are at least 80% done the trials. Bigger question is, how bad are they going to be compared to the Sa trials.

The getting the stats trial has always seemed much longer and harder than any of the other trials, especially so when it comes to Oh san.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Apr 6 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #5

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,920

QUOTE (Gerdi @ Apr 6 2015, 04:49 PM) *
Sooooooo... Kru is asking subpaths to submit the titles they would like for their Oh-san mark. Seems like it's finally happening. Thoughts? What do you think the trials will be? What do you think the names will be? What do you think the spells should be?

Two things I hope for when completing Oh-san trials: Nothing is tenure based (like you need to have sage 8 or something stupid) and you don't need players literally triple the stats to complete the trials.

Some name ideas:

Muse: Maestro
Spy: Operative
Ju Jak: Warlock
Shaman: Necromancer (?)
Diviner: Augurer
Ranger: Vagabond
Monk: Cleric

I dunno, I like more simple names.

As far as spells go, I hope some of them can be implemented into PK since essentially no offensive spells were allowed for PVP...

I'll list a few ideas here.

Do: Gukseon (The Wonhwa were a sort of female matriarch of Silla, but the actual Grand Master title was Gukseon)

Chongun: Muyejebo (was a compendium of Martial arts weapon styles written during the Joseon period. )

Barbarian: Leviathan (It just seems the natural progression).

Chung Ryong: Dragon ( I mean... you might as well just call them Dragons.)

---

Spy: Provocateur (I never understood Emissary, and this seems reasonable)

Ranger: Sniper (Again, Survivalist was cool, but Marksman threw it off. So... Sniper.)

Merchant: Sovereign (Because it's better than a Magnate!)

Baekho: Corsair (Makes sense!)

---

Diviner: Sibyl (Mostly women, attributed to those who could see the future)

Geomancer: Tai-Ji (Pinyin of Tai-Chi, represents Ultimate potentiality of exisetence. There is a compendium guide for Taiji called "Taijitu Shou")

Shaman: Znakharka (Okay, so Shaman is interesting in that a Kamang is an Indonesian shaman, and Anam Chara is a Gaelic animism society. So, I figured this should fit the naming scheme since this is literally a Proto-Ukranian Shaman before Russian conquest.)

Ju Jak: Cataclysm (It seemed a good fit.)

----

Druid: Calas (So Druids have a use of the Ogham, or Tree Alphabet. For example, "Dair" means Oak, which is where the "Dair" in Dairmuid comes from. The a and i switch around in Gaelic romanization. Nwyfre in old Welsh was one of three elements, but now is the all-encompassing life force, so... this means the Earth as compared to the Sky?)

Monk: Passaddhi (Because 'samyak-karmanta' is too long.)

Muse: Hypokrit (Funnily, it used to mean Actor in Greece. And also, because you can't call the Oh-San level of Muse Loxie, as much as she would love that.)

Hyun Moo: Warden (So... I dunno... Guardian, Warden... I mean... Does anyone care?)

----

So, that's it. That's all I got.

+Quote Post
Hijack
post Apr 7 2015, 12:58 AM
Post #6

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,705

[Content removed] that. Get rid of the dated ee san culture and sam san wisdom and give new players a chance. Had a few friends that would have tried the game, but after hearing about those they laughed and basically said [Content removed] that.

Edit: Hell just sell it for kruna.

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Apr 7 2015, 03:13 AM
Post #7

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Hijack @ Apr 6 2015, 10:58 PM) *
[Content removed] that. Get rid of the dated ee san culture and sam san wisdom and give new players a chance. Had a few friends that would have tried the game, but after hearing about those they laughed and basically said [Content removed] that.

Edit: Hell just sell it for kruna.

Preach. The last thing this game needs is Oh San. It needs a rebalance of the lower marks. It still takes 270 days with a sage pot for someone to be able to reach the 3rd mark. You still have to win poetry or spend a ton of gold that isn't particularly easy to get in the game without buying it for $ on culture to be Ee san.

This is of course all without talking about that Oh San trials are likely going to be awful assuming they're like their counterparts, and the fact that they have to redo the AC formula to avoid having a horrible ac capping issue.

I mean maybe KRU can totally blow our minds and make Oh San really cool and enjoyable to get, but the fact of the matter is you still have to be able to hunt up to Oh San to partake in that... which is not something that 90% of the game, and I'd say less than 1% of truly new players will ever do because of how the game is set up from a progression standpoint.

Dammit NexusTK's design sucks so much ass... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brant
post Apr 7 2015, 07:54 AM
Post #8

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

At least DarkMaverick won't have anything to do with it, so we might be okay.

+Quote Post
Takeo
post Apr 7 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #9

Level 5

Group: Validating
Member No.: 188,521

Hell, they might even slip up and give out the Diary solution and call it one of the prereqs for Oh San.

Either way, Oh San release = $ for Kru. Not to mention increased kruna sales.

But...to stay on topic:

Juggernaut for CR
Leviathan for Barb
Gukseon for Do
No clue for Chongun

Cataclysm for JJ
No clue for Shaman
Soothsayer for Diviner
No clue for Geo

Praetorian for HM
Artist for Muse
No clue for Monk
No clue for Druid

Ravager for Baekho
Warden for Ranger
Inquisitor for Spy
Entrepeneur for Merch

+Quote Post
Laren
post Apr 7 2015, 12:02 PM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

I still expect it to be a long, long time before release. They want us to think something is being done, that's why they let this get out, but "soon" is a long time in Nexus lingo.

Or, who knows, maybe it'll be out for the anniversary.

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Apr 7 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #11

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

Im sure giving Oh san to the 10% of the population who has too much time on their hand will totally fix all of this games long standing list of issues to fix.

Priorities.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post
Conro
post Apr 8 2015, 04:18 AM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

I'm guessing it'll be a huge disappointment like Sa san was.

A bunch of useless spells for PvP, just about as useless in PvE and will address absolutely zero of the concerns of end game hunting.

But hey, let's keep the [Content removed]ty status quo and only allow a player run subpaths to have specific attacks/debuffs necessary to push your DPS/Experience per rage.

Come join ExtremeTK instead smile.gif

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"

+Quote Post
Scruffy
post Apr 8 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #13

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 67,450

Barbarians should be Goliaths. Leave Leviathan to the CRs. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Apr 9 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Conro @ Apr 8 2015, 02:18 AM) *
I'm guessing it'll be a huge disappointment like Sa san was.

A bunch of useless spells for PvP, just about as useless in PvE and will address absolutely zero of the concerns of end game hunting.

But hey, let's keep the [Content removed]ty status quo and only allow a player run subpaths to have specific attacks/debuffs necessary to push your DPS/Experience per rage.

Come join ExtremeTK instead smile.gif

Josh ETK sucks even worse than tk shut the hell up lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazel
post Apr 9 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #15

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 150

WHAT U MEAN JOSH I THOT BROC?!!!??????????????????????

--------------------

+Quote Post
Loxie
post Apr 9 2015, 08:32 PM
Post #16

Level 99

Group: Nexus Atlas Reporters
Member No.: 1,505
Characters: Loxie

QUOTE (Xing-Yu Seong @ Apr 6 2015, 09:31 PM) *
Muse: Hypokrit (Funnily, it used to mean Actor in Greece. And also, because you can't call the Oh-San level of Muse Loxie, as much as she would love that.)

I do love that. Let's go with Loxie instead.

+Quote Post
Vini
post Apr 10 2015, 01:35 AM
Post #17

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

Names have been set up for Sa san for all paths at September 2008, the quests for Sa san have been released at October 2008.

If KRU is working to create Oh san same way they did for Sa san, it shouldn't take long for the quests to arrive. Perhaps by summer 15 we'll see some Oh san rocking on the kingdoms!

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Brant
post Apr 10 2015, 08:13 AM
Post #18

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

I really hope Oh San isn't coming soon. There's too many other things that need to be fixed before Oh San. On top of that, the number of people who will be able to get Oh San is going to represent a pretty small percentage of the overall population. One of the biggest reasons is that there are not many efficient places for people to hunt, along with the path imbalances.

If Oh San is released soon, and let's say the spells are worth a [Content removed] (unlike Sa), it's going to create an even bigger gap between the botters/few legitimate buff people and the rest of the community. If new caves are released, the strongest people will go there, potentially earning EXP faster, and leaving this huge gap between the majority.

BALANCE THE GAME FIRST

+Quote Post
Songa
post Apr 10 2015, 09:53 AM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

QUOTE (Xing-Yu Seong @ Apr 6 2015, 11:31 PM) *

One of the suggested names for Sa San was Prima, as in Primadonna. Luckily people voted for Luminary. Fun fact.

+Quote Post
linuxkiddy
post Apr 13 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #20

Database Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 213
Characters: Linuxkiddy

QUOTE (Mazel @ Apr 9 2015, 06:35 PM) *
WHAT U MEAN JOSH I THOT BROC?!!!??????????????????????

he sold.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.