IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bannings
Bannings
should kru give names of characters banned?
yes [ 59 ] ** [89.39%]
no [ 7 ] ** [10.61%]
should kru give details on why they were banned?
yes [ 60 ] ** [90.91%]
no [ 6 ] ** [9.09%]
Total Votes: 66
Guests cannot vote 
Ishy
post Jan 27 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #21

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,548

no/no

Agreeing with LEET. Exposing that information is only an opening for more drama. I figure since NTK people feed off of said drama and without it they would starve to death, it would be for the good of everyone if it all stayed behind the scenes. If it's a matter of guilt by association, then it's nobody's fault but the person judging. Believe me if someone cares THAT much about it, then stay far away from them lest you want to look down the double-barrel of DramaTK and see what the people in this game are /really/ like -- overly judgmental, mean-spirited, hypocrites. This online community, this game, is the least healthy one -- by a LONG shot! -- I've ever been a part of and it's because of [Content removed] like this.

The claims by an overwhelming majority that we need not only harsher punishment, but humiliation to boot, makes me think that my case for sanity is hopeless.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Genica
post Jan 28 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #22

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 143
Characters: Genica

QUOTE(Ishy @ Jan 27 2008, 01:03 PM) [snapback]47995[/snapback]

no/no

Agreeing with LEET. Exposing that information is only an opening for more drama. I figure since NTK people feed off of said drama and without it they would starve to death, it would be for the good of everyone if it all stayed behind the scenes. If it's a matter of guilt by association, then it's nobody's fault but the person judging. Believe me if someone cares THAT much about it, then stay far away from them lest you want to look down the double-barrel of DramaTK and see what the people in this game are /really/ like -- overly judgmental, mean-spirited, hypocrites. This online community, this game, is the least healthy one -- by a LONG shot! -- I've ever been a part of and it's because of [Content removed] like this.

The claims by an overwhelming majority that we need not only harsher punishment, but humiliation to boot, makes me think that my case for sanity is hopeless.

Oh please, there will be drama whether these people are exposed or not. More drama is caused by speculation than fact. I'm sure you wouldnt want to know that you were living next door to a known rapist or child molestor IRL because it might cause drama for them.. BULLCRAP~ If you willingly break the rules, you should be publically shamed. Get a grip.

PS. Yes I know Nexus isnt IRL and hacking isnt as bad as rape and child molestation..it proves a point so dont even go there.

--------------------
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

+Quote Post
Ishy
post Jan 28 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #23

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,548

It doesn't really prove anything because your analogy is so ridiculously disproportionate that it would be irrational to even try to compare the two scenarios; just makes no sense. If I should get a grip, then first you should make sense; but instead, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you knew that but was hoping that I didn't.

I think the fact that you're calling for public humiliation in a video game is insane, especially in the scenario that NTK presents: one set of servers, same old people day after day, no other place to go. Moreover, I don't see how fact would cause any less drama than speculation simply because you don't get rid of speculation by presenting fact. You know why? Because if someone breaks the rules and everyone knows who it was and why they got banned, then people start speculating about that person's friends and associates. It's a really simple concept.

One more addition. Justice is a failure. Why? Because it's public humiliation, and people use it for the sake of griefing. Present me with evidence to the contrary, I beg of you. "Public record" banning only opens more doors for griefing because of the new public humiliation aspect. Pissed at someone? Find (or make up) some dirt on them and get their name up where they REALLY don't want it. It's perfect! Ruin their fun because you don't like them. Absolutely brilliant...

What I think is that you and everyone else calling for this should look beyond this veil of apparent fear and paranoia to see the fact that all of this is crazy, not to mention stupid.

+Quote Post
Genica
post Jan 28 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #24

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 143
Characters: Genica

QUOTE(Ishy @ Jan 28 2008, 01:08 PM) [snapback]48086[/snapback]

It doesn't really prove anything because your analogy is so ridiculously disproportionate that it would be irrational to even try to compare the two scenarios; just makes no sense. If I should get a grip, then first you should make sense; but instead, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you knew that but was hoping that I didn't.

I think the fact that you're calling for public humiliation in a video game is insane, especially in the scenario that NTK presents: one set of servers, same old people day after day, no other place to go. Moreover, I don't see how fact would cause any less drama than speculation simply because you don't get rid of speculation by presenting fact. You know why? Because if someone breaks the rules and everyone knows who it was and why they got banned, then people start speculating about that person's friends and associates. It's a really simple concept.

One more addition. Justice is a failure. Why? Because it's public humiliation, and people use it for the sake of griefing. Present me with evidence to the contrary, I beg of you. "Public record" banning only opens more doors for griefing because of the new public humiliation aspect. Pissed at someone? Find (or make up) some dirt on them and get their name up where they REALLY don't want it. It's perfect! Ruin their fun because you don't like them. Absolutely brilliant...

What I think is that you and everyone else calling for this should look beyond this veil of apparent fear and paranoia to see the fact that all of this is crazy, not to mention stupid.

Here is what I think is insane. That you could even TRY to defend or justify or make people think to the contrary that there is ANY reason that a person who decides to WILLINGLY cheat at ANYTHING should not be dealt with in a public manner. Why should these people have any ounce of sympathy or consideration when they have willingly decided to cheat (not only themselves but everyone else that is involved in the game)? You have proven my point even moreso by pointing out the fact that BECAUSE Nexus is such a small game and a small community it affects everyone else that much more. You dont think that all the speed hackers in the Fox hunts affect those legitimate players who are working hard to get wins for Sam san? Hell yes they do. Those speed hackers make the legitimate player have to spend more time at fox hunts trying to get their wins for Sam san because the legit player doesnt hack and therefore LOSES a lot more and is put at a definite disadvantage on a playing field that should be equal. Have you even TRIED to ever get a Sam mark on a character? Have you even been on the losing end of Fox hunts and elixir wars due to speed hackers ruining your chances of winning if you dont get put on their team? I doubt it, or else you wouldnt be sitting here trying to lessen the severity of their crime and punishment.

There is no fear and no paranoia involved in calling for more strick punishments (involving the posting of names for rule breakers). It is deserved as a consequence for their actions. It is also ridiculous for you to say that the rule breakers' names shouldnt be exposed because then people would speculate about their Nexus friends. Well, I'm sorry but if you want to hang out with known criminals then you obivously dont have much regard for your Nexus reputation anyway. And according to you, who cares about a video game reputation anyway? So why not expose scum? Please do stop contradicting yourself.

--------------------
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Jan 28 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #25

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

Ok Ishy let me put it as simple as I can.

People can spread all the rumors without proof they want about hackers and cheaters.

At least if KRU reveals it, we know it'd be true.
So YES/YES.

Saying No/No means IRL criminals doesn't get their names recorded for their crimes and nobody would know someone is dangerous when they get out of jail,YAY.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post
Vini
post Jan 29 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #26

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

Well, reading many opinions of people here, I took my decision and voted yes/yes. (that's what I voted in the poll, instead of no/no that people were thinking I did)
See, posting your opinions here with interesting arguments can change someone's mind. I guess if it changed mine and also Allygator's, it means surely it's worth posting what you think is right for the community.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.