IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Do You Want?
What I want the most!
This is the MOST important thing to me!
More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now. [ 15 ] ** [13.27%]
Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items. [ 14 ] ** [12.39%]
More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay. [ 28 ] ** [24.78%]
Sa san (and maybe Oh san!) [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Justice reform, including law review and optional curse filter. [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?) [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar. [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells) [ 3 ] ** [2.65%]
Mana bar. To prevent PK concerns, many suggest it only appear on the letter (f) group tab. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other. The most important thing to me isn't on this list! [ 5 ] ** [4.42%]
This is the SECOND most important thing to me.
More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now. [ 24 ] ** [21.24%]
Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items. [ 18 ] ** [15.93%]
More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay. [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Sa san (and maybe Oh san!) [ 9 ] ** [7.96%]
Justice reform, including law review and optional curse filter. [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?) [ 10 ] ** [8.85%]
Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar. [ 17 ] ** [15.04%]
New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells) [ 10 ] ** [8.85%]
Mana bar. To prevent PK concerns, many suggest it only appear on the letter (f) group tab. [ 1 ] ** [0.88%]
Other. The second most important thing to me isn't on this list! [ 1 ] ** [0.88%]
This is the THIRD most important thing to me.
More events. "Cave events", since it seems we need to clarify now. [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanantly banish or reset to level 1 with no items. [ 10 ] ** [8.85%]
More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay. [ 9 ] ** [7.96%]
Sa san (and maybe Oh san!) [ 14 ] ** [12.39%]
Justice reform, including law review and optional curse filter. [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
More permanant quests. (That can be done alone?) [ 15 ] ** [13.27%]
Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar. [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
New or different spells. (Many suggested more NPC spells) [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Mana bar. To prevent PK concerns, many suggest it only appear on the letter (f) group tab. [ 12 ] ** [10.62%]
Other. The third most important thing to me isn't on this list! [ 4 ] ** [3.54%]
Total Votes: 113
Guests cannot vote 
HyuKo
post Aug 28 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #41

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 666

Uhm, duh?

SILLY GOOSE I SAID THAT ALREADY.

teehee

uhm im pretty sure KRU does not care anymore must I stressed it more?! teehee i rhymed!!!!!!!

anyways, Genica, I was legit. All the way. illegal programs was my best friend's Fright's right hand man though. Even after the Archon caught him!!!!

What a silly boy that Fright, I guess he was just too lazy to do it himself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yamiko
post Sep 4 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #42

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,650
Characters: Yamiko, Amilraza

1. Third party program users.
2. Crafting reform
3. Cave events / Mana bar.

I had a hard time deciding on that last one... I think I chose cave events in the end, but I'm not 100% sure tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michike
post Sep 14 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #43

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

First off on a bright note, I'm happy to see that an intermediate solution has been introduced on the crafting, that Mug seems to work on more regular events and that you could technically say that there are plenty of extra permanent quests in Tangun (cross your fingers for more mid/high-end questing). Seems the main points of this poll have been adressed in some way or another, maybe not to satisfaction for everybody but it shows someone listens to what people want most and works on it. Well the main points except for one tongue.gif.

QUOTE(HyuKo @ Aug 25 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]39220[/snapback]

I just want to explain this to you guys; "Banning all bought/sold/traded/shared accounts and 3rd party program users" You all talk about how easy it would be just to do that, you don't know how it works. They would be losing SO many customers... 150 atleast that use things like Macros, Bots for Woodcutting, Selling characters, etc.

KRU doesn't really CARE about those things anymore, all they do is jail people anymore, but on rare occasions if a particular group of individuals start ticketing kru, they'll get banned for 2weeks.

1,500 dollars is too much money to kru to start banning people.

I too wish they would catch people.. Fright for one, got caught using an auto-poet-bot by a damn archon and was he banned? No.

I have heard this argument over and over again, but aside from people who play more then they should for their own mental and physical health, I barely know anyone who sells their character or uses bots. I'm not talking about buyers but their numbers will go down as prices and risks involved go up.

But lets take a few counter arguments on this "Kru will lose money".

- In return I know plenty people that have quit because illegal practices aren't being adressed. A part of honest players would return to Nexus to compensate for at least a part of that loss.

- A second problem with not adressing the problem is that "cheaters" reach the end of content in the game faster, thus they get bored faster and quit sooner which makes them lose out on future registration fees.

- Part of them would keep playing Nexus, the job is only to ban the accounts or reset characters to lvl 1, make them lose the efforts they put in, not lose the people who pay for the accounts.

- The final motivation to handle the problem of cheaters now, is because they're going to lose a good part of those accounts anyways if Nexon Korea or Kru doesn't handle the counter engineering project before it's finished with multiple emulated servers out and about.

If they didn't care for it to happen it would not be in their rules, they would organise it themselves and MAKE MONEY out of it. The issue is cost-effectiveness to go against cheaters when you let it spread for as long as they did in Nexus. It would probably cost a full time job for a few months to fight the cheaters right now (investigating the claims), that is where they would lose money, not from account income. It may be a short term loss, but certainly not a long term one. Sure it's a risk to take but in my opinion well worth it. They are already losing more money and more potential future money over not adressing this problem. I'm not imagining it will go away completely some day, but it will probably and most likely make people who invest their time to provide a service to others (in many cases for free) to make the game easier think twice.

Plenty of people use bots, sell their characters, share(I know ALLLLLL you guys who preach "OMG BAN CHAR SHARERS RESET TO LVL 1" are going to get personally really close with someone, and you can't make it to a carnage or elixir one day and you ask them to go and enter you; you are character sharing.)

I would like to see the percentage of the total game population when you talk of plenty. I'ld estimate it at roughly 250 people good for about 150 permanent accounts/year (12*9,95$) out of a minimum of about 3.000 people with about 2.000 active permanent accounts/year. That would be around critical mass (7%), they're dispensable if you make a tough decision. Above that, those same people are busy working on a project to play nexus without paying. The total number is a rough guess counting the characters who have a character page (can be evaluated on stataddict, roughly 4.000 characters if I remember correctly and looking at the percentage of characters who display that page in the top user lists), for the other number, another source, some more guesswork and the evaluation that those who share/sell in Nexus generally don't keep on auto.

And finally, no, I will not let the control of my characters to someone else, not even to go to santa mhul to collect the giftbox. It's not because you did something that a majority of people would do it. And I do believe that that is enough of a reason to give you a punishment, after all you're breaking a rule when you leave the control to someone else.

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
xrunex
post Sep 24 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #44

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 2,245
Characters: xrunex and Lemonic

1st- Sa San because it can shows other people your hard work and get all of those stats and probably to show off
2nd-Cave events for cool rewards and legend marks
3rd- New spells for cool graphics

+Quote Post
LeXington
post Oct 5 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #45

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,989
Characters: Sanguis, LeXington, Pagan, Hwarang

1.)Third party programs
2.)Third party programs
3.)Third party programs

--------------------
Abyssus abyssum invocat~!

+Quote Post
BleuMoo
post Oct 7 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #46

Level 5

Member No.: 3,934

1. Events
2. Conflict
3. 3rd party

+Quote Post
KamiKazi
post Oct 9 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #47

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

1. More conflict driven and player interactive roleplay.

I'd personally like more "events" you may call it, that the general community has say in the results. An example would be the last Pirates event where the community determined who won (despite it being certain that the "good" guys won). Things like this would make the game more unique, and provide more roleplay to the game. Just overall more "alternate ending" type of events. Sometimes its too obvious that the good is going to win, etc.

2. Crafting changes or additions. Including a skill progress bar.

I like crafting, however it can be dull. I woodcut for 3 minutes and only get one tree that gives one wood, why not spice things up a bit? Make it so carpenters and smiths have to team together to create newer and better axes that can give more wood at a time, who knows. Make more types of trees with more types of wood. I know ginko (ginkgo) trees weren't the only trees around back then.

However, that's not the only thing that is boring, make wooling an actual skill, make it like trees, but instead you have sheep farms. On these farms are sheep that you attack; you don't kill the sheep, but instead you sheer them (oo, new skill item: sheers!), and they just lose some of their wool.

Fishing, meh, make this a little more useful. Most of the incentive (maybe, not really sure) is to get the flameblade, or what not. Give us fishing poles, or if you are at a good enough skill, fishing nets!

I'm not really sure on any other skills, but hey, I'm sure there are some.

Now, I'm sure people won't agree with me when I say crafting should be worked on just as much as sa san, but hey, I can have opinions, right?

3. Crack down on 3rd party programs and selling/sharing accounts. Either permanently banish or reset to level 1 with no items.

This is a little shady area. Granted certain 3rd party programs aren't horrible (like windowers), but hacks, bots, etc are. Buying/Selling accounts just gives others an unfair advantage, in a sense.

For hackers/botters ban them.
For account sellers/buyers, reset to level 1.

Again these are just my opinions.

--------------------
This is my signature.

+Quote Post
Topher
post Oct 10 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #48

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 1,821

i could care less about anyone who character shares

+Quote Post
Genica
post Oct 25 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #49

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 143
Characters: Genica

QUOTE(Topher @ Oct 10 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]41945[/snapback]

i could care less about anyone who character shares

Usually the people who do it are the ones that dont care biggrin.gif

--------------------
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

+Quote Post
Revery
post Nov 2 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #50

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,045
Characters: Revery, Hikyuu

Other - Bug fixes/Overall core stability
More quests
More Roleplay

--------------------

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".
(Romeo and Juliet - Act II, Scene II)

Rocking Elixir Wars since Yuri 82

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:32 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.