Conro
post Oct 26 2013, 01:37 AM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

I've moved on to other games, but I still look back at the projects I dedicated years of my life to (NexusAtlas/Forums).

I've quit the game itself for a number of reasons, the company running it being at the top of the list.

I may have quit, but others haven't. So I ask: what does this game have for you that still draws you in?

(Also, if anyone is interested in playing Final Fantasy 14 with me, join me on the Couerl server! I'll run dungeons with you if you'd like!)

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 26 2013, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (Conro @ Oct 26 2013, 12:37 AM)
Title days it all

The title description is quite nights.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
Laren
post Oct 26 2013, 06:48 AM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Because it's hard to give up hope on something that's been a part of your life for nearly half your life.

+Quote Post
Xyphier
post Oct 26 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #4

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 145,233

QUOTE (Laren @ Oct 26 2013, 07:48 AM) *
Because it's hard to give up hope on something that's been a part of your life for nearly half your life.

I don't play anymore but this quote is the reason I keep in touch with NexusTK and keep hoping for a revitalization of this game, some day.

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Oct 26 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #5

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

QUOTE (Laren @ Oct 26 2013, 07:48 AM) *

Its not that hard when you know they gave up on the players.

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Oct 27 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

QUOTE (Laren @ Oct 26 2013, 06:48 AM) *

Really? In all seriousness: you still have hope that things will change and the game will return back to even a fraction of what you personally consider the good old days?

I still check up on the game from time to time and these forums more often (as they are free), but not with any hope that things will change. For me it is purely a nostalgic exercise to walk around Kugnae, go in a few caves, remember some memories, chat with a few people I see online, and then log off again.

Even then though, I just started playing WoW again and my girlfriend is joining me now, and so I expect Nexus will fade from memory even more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Enlightened
post Oct 28 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #7

Level 99

Member No.: 13,435

I don't play the game like I used to back in the early 2000s, but I do check in from time to time. I re-register for a month to see the state of the game, and occasionally stay for a few months if friends are around. The reason why I come back? I get horribly bored with every other game and feel like taking a trip down memory lane.

It's really sad to see the player base slowly dying off. I think we're under 300 players at prime time and well under 200 for the rest of the time... How much longer can KRU keep their company running with such low income? They're not even updating the item shop regularly.

It pains me to say this, but the departure of Mug (a horrible GM, I know) was a bad thing for nexus. At least he gave us new content. All we get now is the occasional recycled event. I guess the players run this game now, and we all know how corrupt they are.

R.I.P in peace NexusTK unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Styledatol
post Oct 28 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #8

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

Kinda ontopic... ish... not really.

So I was browsing the SG forums, because I play it from time to time. Found a hilarious thread
SG is currently losing money but KRU is keeping it alive because it's the only game in their portfolio that's actually respectable.

Doesn't matter though, SG will never die. KRU's too incompetant to realize they should close it, and apparantly kru's still making money off their other games. So it will just keep on chugging along.

Any battle that happens, happens on Relic. Aliens have control of everything but the capitals on MP.

It seems that unlike nexus peeps, SG players have no disillusion about their game being a [Content removed]hole that will never get better.

+Quote Post
Mrdie
post Nov 4 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #9

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

I haven't played since 2006, but I still check the forums from time to time because of how fun Nexus was and because it was a memorable experience for me, being pretty much my first MMORPG (there was also Redmoon but I didn't get far in that) and full of things I found amusing when I actively played (2002-2004), like giving tours of that museum place to newbies, who would be given a dragon tooth at the end but couldn't pick it up since they had to be registered, so I would pick it up.

Or going to the empty Deluge Shop and encouraging people to treat it as their home, so they'd place flowers at the sides and other random things.

Or turning the Goh house in Buya into a "restaurant" (where we'd give out cheap food to people.)

Or turning the Kugnae Baths into a party place.

Of course the novelty value wore off after a while, and the lack of new players meant that the type of people to do these sort of things was also in decline.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 4 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #10

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mrdie @ Nov 4 2013, 01:31 PM) *

Hahah, my first and only e-crush, who later became my first Nexus wife, and I used to party and flirt in the Kugnae Baths together a lot.

I was such a baby back then; 11 years old and I thought I had mad game.

ilu BreeZet! 4ever and always!

... 4ever and always.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Nov 4 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #11

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

QUOTE (Mrdie @ Nov 4 2013, 02:31 PM) *
I haven't played since 2006, but I still check the forums from time to time because of how fun Nexus was and because it was a memorable experience for me, being pretty much my first MMORPG (there was also Redmoon but I didn't get far in that) and full of things I found amusing when I actively played (2002-2004, like giving tours of that museum place to newbies, who would be given a dragon tooth at the end but couldn't pick it up since they had to be registered, so I would pick it up. biggrin.gif

Or going to the empty Deluge Shop and encouraging people to treat it as their home, so they'd place flowers at the sides and other random things.

Or turning the Goh house in Buya into a "restaurant" (where we'd give out cheap food to people.)

Of course the novelty value wore off after a while, and the lack of new players meant that the type of people to do these sort of things was also in decline.

Having parties at the Kamchatka Ballroom.

The old beginners area where you couldn't speak.

Some of the not so appropriate:

Character sharing

Asking people to drop their Military Forks for a screenshot then taking them. laugh.gif
All good memories to be had.

+Quote Post
Buddy
post Nov 6 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #12

Level 99

Member No.: 6,718

I wonder how many of the people that KRU/Nexon banned would come back if they could!!

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 6 2013, 02:14 AM
Post #13

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Buddy @ Nov 6 2013, 12:29 AM) *
I wonder how many of the people that KRU/Nexon banned would come back if they could!!

I wasn't banned but, if I was, I wouldn't come back even if it costed nothing to get my character(s) restored and the game was free.

Too busy living life. I just don't have time for grindfest RPGs; especially one that has unlimited stats.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Nov 7 2013, 06:05 AM
Post #14

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I quit when there was nothing else I could accomplish within a human lifetime. I spent 14 years playing and that was plenty. I still love the game and all of my memories. I still pay the bills for this website thanks to user donations. When that money runs out, TSWulf will have to find someone else. I've given too much of my life to want anything to do with the whiners who currently ruin it for others.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Dec 5 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

QUOTE (Styledatol @ Oct 28 2013, 08:56 PM) *
It seems that unlike nexus peeps, SG players have no disillusion about their game being a [Content removed]hole that will never get better.

This made me lol. YOu just made my day.

I mean, yeah lets be real, its fine if you wanna continue playing this PoS game. But wake up to reality. Game is dead. Will die, and will never revitalize. Stop holding on to false hope.

Its not even all of Kru's fault, though a good percentage of it lies within them, but its also due to this game being severely outdated and just have NOTHING appealing besides the few power hungry [Content removed]s that tries to run the game politics like their life depends on it.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post
solman
post Dec 6 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #16

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

It is not that I feel this game can be revitalized persay. But to say its outdated isnt quite right to me. Sure its not to the graphical standards of most games out there, but that isnt the market its in. There are a lot of people who want that old retro feeling that nexus does have. We want the zelda type map styles. So to say its outdated to me is silly because it hits right with the kind of game graphically I like. Trust me there are a lot of people out there that want to play these types of games then a COD or halo type of games. Sorry GTA I will pass on you as well.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
tip
post Dec 6 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #17

Level 5

Member No.: 1,145

When Sarina passed away I pretty well lost interest in game. I really can't think of anything I did not do in game
I played many parts in the game including Archon , Royal, Head Judge. I will be turning 75 in a few days so don't
think will ever play again. But I do enjoy comming into Nexus Forums and reading what is going on in game.

tip

+Quote Post
Known
post Dec 6 2013, 07:10 AM
Post #18

Level 5

Member No.: 2,401
Characters: Known, Militant

QUOTE (tip @ Dec 6 2013, 02:43 AM) *
When Sarina passed away I pretty well lost interest in game. I really can't think of anything I did not do in game
I played many parts in the game including Archon , Royal, Head Judge. I will be turning 75 in a few days so don't
think will ever play again. But I do enjoy comming into Nexus Forums and reading what is going on in game.

tip

Congratulations, happy birthday.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Dec 6 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #19

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (tip @ Dec 6 2013, 01:43 AM) *
I will be turning 75 in a few days so don't

tip

That's actually super cool. I hope to be able to enjoy the things I enjoy now as a youth when I'm at your age.

--------------------

+Quote Post
solman
post Dec 6 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #20

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

Your as young as you feel. Hopefully things are working out for you tip. Game sure changed quite a bit since you left and sarinas passing in terms of how things work.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:31 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.