> Hit Vs. Damage
Rokugo
post Jun 29 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #21

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 327
Characters: Rokugo, Pythagoreus, PaulWight, ????

QUOTE(Vortextk @ Jun 29 2007, 01:17 AM) [snapback]35868[/snapback]

Seriously, I have no clue what that is supposed to mean.

Me neither. I remember a time when solman's bizarre assertions were at least understandable.

--------------------
Hi, I'm Rokugo. You probably don't know me.
There is a 95% chance the above post is sarcasm and is not to be taken seriously.
I play Real Life to help escape NexusTK.
"Baby, for you I'd divide by zero" <--- My # 1 pickup line
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jun 29 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #22

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

I think he meant, How many warriors below 99, duo or use attacks on aethers, since they dont have WW.

/shrug

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
Hemp
post Jun 30 2007, 02:11 AM
Post #23

Enchanted

Member No.: 759

I switched to a pair of Corrupted rings. I like the AC boost a lot, and it saves my ass more often.

Just testing out some HIT/DAM combinations with it, it seems effective for me to have a good amount of HIT and a higher amount of DAM on top of that. The larger attack (red hit) happens more often than it did before, and I can clear Purple dragon rooms fairly quick.

Haven't tested this out in a PK situation though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
solman
post Jul 3 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #24

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

I swear i have to spell out everything... least aceo got it.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Jul 3 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #25

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

Spelling would be one thing that could help you, yes. And again, pre 99 hardly matters at ALL anymore since hardly anyone ever actually levels through 99 without a PA along the way. And how many pk events are still held between levels 6-98 only? 1? 2? By the way, "not a non 99er" is the cause of my "dunno wth he be talking about" thinking. It still doesn't make sense after knowing what you meant.

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
Rokugo
post Jul 3 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #26

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 327
Characters: Rokugo, Pythagoreus, PaulWight, ????

Spell it out?! Are you serious? Do me a favor. Get a tape recorder and tape yourself saying this:

QUOTE(solman @ Jun 28 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]35862[/snapback]

how many warriors do you know who aether or even duo with anybody thats not a non 99er without ww?

Now play it back for yourself and listen to what you sound like to everyone else. This isn't a matter of grammatical nitpicking, this is a matter of your refusal to take a small bit of effort to write in a manner which is understandable.

Anyway, the point is that your initial post gave absolutely NO description for what kind of situation you were talking about, but apparently you have now clarified that you were comparing non 99 rogue PK to non 99 warrior hunting, which makes absolutely no sense. Any person coming in here looking for a real explanation of HIT vs DAM would have assumed that you were talking about nearly all contexts, when instead you were talking about such a small context that it only applies to a small handful of people anymore (Pre 99 hunting and PK).

Your "quick easy" explanation is at best highly misleading, and at worst completely wrong.

--------------------
Hi, I'm Rokugo. You probably don't know me.
There is a 95% chance the above post is sarcasm and is not to be taken seriously.
I play Real Life to help escape NexusTK.
"Baby, for you I'd divide by zero" <--- My # 1 pickup line

+Quote Post
solman
post Jul 4 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #27

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

geez fine i will spell it out. It means that if you cant duo with a party or have some type of spell you can aether with like WW that you do consistant amount of decent damage delt out to counteract a polearm or hitting on all 4 sides.. Then yes warriors have to use more flank and backstab which reflects higher hits will be required.

Does this make a little more sence or not? Let me take it a step further

Non 99ers don't have any spell where they can do any consistant decent damage period. zerk isn't even close to being worth it. So thus my comment about a non 99er. Once you get stronger and if you have rages of some kind then yes polearms and hit is still the way to go. If you have a non rage type character and rely on the aethered attacks, then hit is pointless. Does this make even more sence?

Try to sum something up without going into a lecture on these boards is just idiotic. I thought this was all common sence during any time era of play.

Now you can apply this theory to hunting or PKing. It really doesn't matter. The whole concept behind it is if you can attack in multiple directions or spaces, hit is the way to go. If its an isolated target, dam is the way you go. Bottom line. My whole quick comment was to refer people in the most ineffective way and just realize how many people even do this. Again.. Nobody does.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
Mirado
post Jul 8 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #28

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 146

There are no more "Non-Rage" characters anymore, except the Do.

Also, your signature is worded horribly. Go ahead and take out that first "even" in that sentence. It still doesn't make much sense, and still isn't funny, but at least then it's grammatically acceptable.

+Quote Post
Iter
post Jul 10 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #29

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 166
Characters: Tiker, Celeriter, Kenjo, Blackmorrow, Mabon

*trembles, supported by his cane* When I was a young rogue everyone wanted Hunter\'s gloves because they were a Tit glove that anyone could wear--i.e. rogues could get DAM for the first time. I wanted a bear very much back then... Then pearl bracelets came along and blew those out of the water. And now it sounds like there\'s a lot more shinies that are even better.

+Quote Post
Excaliber
post Jul 25 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #30

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 196

HIT and DAM are interesting concepts to note. As a r6, I just got myself a pair of ADH, and they rock compared to sam san charus. The hit and dam are amazing, and relatively cheap compared to claws. I find myself with 19 DAM and 35 HIT in my hunting attire (wind, 2 ADH, amber casque, mpa, 2 black sam boots) At first glance, I thought that was a hell of a lot of hit...and that's after my +hit and dam spells were added too. Basically, in the world of nexus where we rely so much on the power of our furies...do whatever it takes to increase those statistics as much as possible. There's a reason why the MPA add +5 hit and no damage...beacuse it's a tricky item to hit monsters with. With 35 HIT...I keep those 8 creatures in constant attack, and it will simply get better once I get sam san flutes. Rage 6 is now on par with everyone else, maybe a few thousand damage difference.

--------------------

Excaliber Yasuraka

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:26 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.