Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carnage Improvements, Post from Drywater on upcoming improvements
KingKong
post Jul 24 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,065

(The following was posted by DryWater on the Community board.)

Dear friends,

Today I have returned to once again serve as your Head Carnage Host.

I am anxious to announce the following:

The carnage team and all necessary stakeholders will immediately begin reviewing player suggestions regarding Push, Onyon, Set trap, and Sleep arrows.

A request will be made for the Bloodlust Chaos league to be adjusted to match the stat requirements for the Riches Celestial league.

A request will be made for the 24 hour Riches Carnage win timer to be reduced to 6 hours, matching the Fox Hunt win timer.

A request will be made for a unique (Carnage of) Champions tournament branding for Elixir wars.

Carnage of Champions tournaments for Legends, Ancients, Avatars, Celestial, Paramount, and Mayhem leagues will begin in August.

A new large scale player-kill tournament, with a unique branding and unique prizes, will be announced (after final development and GM approval) in August for implementation in (hopefully) September.

And finally, in the coming months, I would like the carnage team to gather with carnage goers to work on a single set of solutions to the imbalance problem(s) that new items have caused in some carnage leagues (Legends in particular).

It is an honor to again serve as your Head Carnage Host. I look forward to working with this game's greatest asset--the players. Together we will accomplish shared goals and have fun taking the carnage system to the next level.

Sincerely,

Drywater, Head Carnage Host

Sounds like a lot of exciting changes and improvements to PK events will be happening soon. Hells yes! laugh.gif

--------------------
Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jul 24 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Exasperating
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

All I see are requests. It doesn't mean anything will change.They should have been "reviewing player suggestions" for the past few years when a majority of the players were voicing their opinions and concerns, not starting now when the game is essentially dead. Where were the head hosts then? Why were the players ignored for so long on certain matters?

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jul 24 2011, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jul 24 2011, 01:00 PM) *
All I see are requests. It doesn't mean anything will change.They should have been "reviewing player suggestions" for the past few years when a majority of the players were voicing their opinions and concerns, not starting now when the game is essentially dead. Where were the head hosts then? Why were the players ignored for so long on certain matters?

There are actually more players playing now then there were two years ago, just to squash that whole thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jul 24 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Exasperating
Group Icon

QUOTE (Doctor @ Jul 24 2011, 05:21 PM) *
There are actually more players playing now then there were two years ago, just to squash that whole thing.

I guess you are right, since you still play and I don't regarding that. I just mean overall. No events. No GM and player interaction. No major updates. Everything just seems stagnant and lifeless.

+Quote Post
Brant
post Jul 24 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jul 24 2011, 03:00 PM) *

They are requests yes, but when you look at the situation itself, and how Drywater got there, I'm sure most of these things will get approved (that's not to say it won't take time to get them in the game).

I'm surprised it too so long for the Archons to intervene. The Carnage Department has been in the [Content removed]ter for years.

Same thing happened with WorldWalker a few years ago. Same thing, different head archon, so different friends.

+Quote Post
KingKong
post Jul 24 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #6

Level 99

Member No.: 13,065

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jul 24 2011, 03:00 PM) *

can we all just cool it for once on the "shoulda done this years ago nexus sucks kru doesn't care" we all know this. Of course they should have done this ages ago.

It's nice to things happening now though, makes me optimistic.

and a post Doctor made convinced me to register so im excited to see these improvements come to life. especially raising chaos to celestial rank, I get to break out the rogue more often.

--------------------
Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jul 24 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #7

Exasperating
Group Icon

QUOTE (KingKong @ Jul 24 2011, 10:26 PM) *
can we all just cool it for once on the "shoulda done this years ago nexus sucks kru doesn't care" we all know this. Of course they should have done this ages ago.

It's nice to things happening now though, makes me optimistic.

and a post Doctor made convinced me to register so im excited to see these improvements come to life. especially raising chaos to celestial rank, I get to break out the rogue more often.

It's good to see you are able to take people's post and turn them completely around to say something completely different. I said nothing of that sort. The fact remains that a lot of the changes DryWater is coming in to do were requested time and time again and fell on deaf ears for years. I am simply stating facts. It shouldn't take someone with connections to Archons to come in and take over to get things done.

What do you want me to sit here and post? OMG PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO HAPPY that after 4 years of begging, petitioning, nmailing, posting on the dreams board every week that finally something is going to possibly change. I'd rather speak my mind then sit here and lie. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Jul 24 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Dry isn't the person making the decisions. All he can do is submit requests and hope they get placed. That being said, this post does show him working at his full capacity. I rather have the head host advocating for PK than nothing at all.

RP/Hunting gets too much attention in this game as it is.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
Brant
post Jul 24 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #9

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jul 24 2011, 10:44 PM) *
It's good to see you are able to take people's post and turn them completely around to say something completely different. I said nothing of that sort. The fact remains that a lot of the changes DryWater is coming in to do were requested time and time again and fell on deaf ears for years. I am simply stating facts. It shouldn't take someone with connections to Archons to come in and take over to get things done.

What do you want me to sit here and post? OMG PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO HAPPY that after 4 years of begging, petitioning, nmailing, posting on the dreams board every week that finally something is going to possibly change. I'd rather speak my mind then sit here and lie. blink.gif

This is very true, however, there were/have been many things that were approved but never implemented for the Carnage Department. I do however think that since Dalnum is out of the picture, things will hopefully pick up a bit.

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Jul 26 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #10

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

Gona have to agree with Musoyan here.

Those changes werent made before. What makes you think they'll be done now? Kru still are ran by the same people.

It'd be nice if things changed sure. But if that was possible Nexus wouldn't have stagnated into what it is now.

Funny thing is all those changes can probably be done by a mere click of a button or a single string or boolean change in the code. So laziness is no excuse here.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post
Skorch
post Jul 26 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #11

Enchanted

Member No.: 4,086

Creating new and innovative events for Carnages is great, especially when you consider how much of the population only sticks around because of Nexus' unique PvP environment. It would have been nice if they had implemented these things oh say..4 years ago when there was more of a player base around to enjoy them.

Don't get me wrong, its great that they're finally making an attempt to remove their heads from their ass, but it's a lot easier to keep a customer happy than to piss them off and try to get them to come back.

I wish Drywater and the rest of the carnage team the best of luck getting these new events. Nexus used to be a great game with thousands of players that actually cared about it, but I'm going to wait untill the ownership cares about it as much as the players do before I give them anymore money.

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Jul 26 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #12

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

This is a pretty nice list, and I hope it all gets added into the game. Even if only one thing made it in, it would still be an improvement. So, good luck to Dry and the staff on getting all this in and running carnages in general.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corrosive
post Jul 27 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #13

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,337

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jul 25 2011, 04:44 AM) *
It shouldn't take someone with connections to Archons to come in and take over to get things done.

-This-

As an add, don't be so hard on previous head hosts, requests fell on deaf ears or were blocked or just not implemented after being approved. However at the end of the day if positive changes are made as a result of the "links" it can only be a good thing for those who still play.

-Corro

+Quote Post
Styledatol
post Jul 28 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #14

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

Shame it's being done now though, and not years ago when mug was still the GM - He loved the carnage team, always hang out in the rat pit (or however it's called), throwing jokes around, chatting with them.

+Quote Post
stabme
post Jul 29 2011, 04:17 AM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Doctor @ Jul 24 2011, 05:21 PM) *

well, it is summer.

--------------------
IMEDIAT: I am the Lixir! I speak for the Wars!
I no longer Elixir or draw Imediat. I now help make music free for all: Grooveshark

+Quote Post
Cirran
post Jul 29 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #16

Enchanted

Member No.: 505

People need to be grateful that people like Drywater are still even interested enough to spend time handling these jobs. I burned out years ago; most people do.

+Quote Post
Brant
post Jul 29 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #17

Sa san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cirran @ Jul 29 2011, 03:12 PM) *
People need to be grateful that people like Drywater are still even interested enough to spend time handling these jobs. I burned out years ago; most people do.

Egomaniacs like Drywater? please...

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Jul 31 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #18

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

QUOTE (stabme @ Jul 29 2011, 04:17 AM) *
well, it is summer.

He said 2 years ago not 2 months ago.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
Twerky
post Aug 7 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 302

So much for improvements, Carnage of Champions are, apparently, back to being incredibly stupid

I, personally, enjoy the top 20 population winning. It shows something can be gained from hunting besides a lower number on the power list

+Quote Post
Paree
post Aug 11 2011, 03:04 AM
Post #20

Level 99

Member No.: 13,105

Things are looking good for the carnage and BL dept; however, I can't say the same for elixirs. Right now, the elixir dept is in the worst state in nexustk history thanks to a certain head host.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:13 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.