Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NexusTK Needs a New Server
halombobtk
post Sep 18 2016, 08:46 AM
Post #41

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 194,397

I suppose Elon Musk did say we're likely living in a simulation.

Not surprised that this thread has devolved into debating whether or not eBullying is harmful, considering how many old, bitter people are left trolling this forum. I'm not sure any of you give two [Content removed]s about NexusTK ever being playable again. Oh well, not like anyone reads this anyway laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Songa
post Sep 18 2016, 09:10 AM
Post #42

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

Thank you halombobtk for displaying for all to see why this game is so damn toxic. Your passive aggressive nature is on point, like majority of the problem players. If you're so upset about nobody caring to change or whatever the [Content removed], then step away. Trust me when I say that it'll save you a lot of trouble. Writing on forums accompanied by mostly old players who most likely have stepped away from the game a long time ago won't do anything. Especially since Wony isn't known to look at these forums.

I also want to point out that I read maybe a sentence full of nonsense from this thread and I want to second hand stab myself because what the [Content removed].

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Sep 18 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #43

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (halombobtk @ Sep 17 2016, 07:39 PM) *
HOLY [Content removed] LOL. The juxtaposition of your post and Conro's is utter insanity. How clueless are you? Do you seriously think words can't cause harm? It's 2016 ffs. When you say "even the jerkiest customer still deserves to access the service they are paying for" I'm guessing that includes people who made fun of Conro for being gay, huh?

So, there's something you've missed here.

Conro was using his experience as an example of how the player-ran justice system is highly selective in their interpretation of what is and isn't a moral outrage, and not at all consistent.

I don't believe Conro was saying they should have been banned, but rather people had been banned in others games for similar behavior. He was pointing out how the players who pretend to be judges cherry-pick what is punishable based not on objectivity but their own subjectivity. Moral crusaders like tip were totally cool with harassing people they didn't like for reasons they agreed with.

While I don't agree with harassing people at all, I am also pragmatic in that...

1. The NexusTK justice system does not stop harassment but merely empowers it

2. A better profanity filter, ignore system, and dungeon instancing would be more meaningful ways to reduce in-game harassment than continuing to defend a system that empowers certain kinds of harassment and ignores all others.

3. Players have no business deciding what players have broken which ToS rules, especially when players can manipulate the system to ensure people they don't like (for whatever petty reason) can't advance further in the game.

Also, words have emotional impact only when a person permits them to. No one in the virtual world that is NexusTK can do any meaningful harm to the player themselves, they can only waste the player's time by making them lose progress or annoy them. When you talk about banning customers from a service this has to be considered.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
halombobtk
post Sep 20 2016, 01:02 AM
Post #44

Level 99

QUOTE (Songa @ Sep 18 2016, 09:10 AM) *
Thank you halombobtk for displaying for all to see why this game is so damn toxic. Your passive aggressive nature is on point, like majority of the problem players. If you're so upset about nobody caring to change or whatever the [Content removed], then step away. Trust me when I say that it'll save you a lot of trouble. Writing on forums accompanied by mostly old players who most likely have stepped away from the game a long time ago won't do anything. Especially since Wony isn't known to look at these forums.

I also want to point out that I read maybe a sentence full of nonsense from this thread and I want to second hand stab myself because what the [Content removed].

Wise words Songa. My motive for making an account and posting here was to try to get a thoughtful debate going with DM, Conro, and others about the viability of a new server, but it very quickly descended into another boring, derailed thread where DM goes off on the justice system being rigged. Still got some decent discussion going I guess, but all of this is pointless since Wony just doesn't really have the smarts to Make NexusTK Great Again. Pretty clear he wasn't responsible for the game's design during the glory days of the early/mid '00s. Hard to make improvements when he doesn't even know why the game was popular in the first place.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Sep 20 2016, 10:33 AM
Post #45

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

I can agree with that.

derailed thread where DM goes off on the justice system being rigged.

To be fair the justice system was only discussed because you adamantly defended Sage as part of Sam san trials, and that merits a discussion about the Justice system by association.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
halombobtk
post Sep 20 2016, 11:26 PM
Post #46

Level 99

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Sep 20 2016, 11:33 AM) *
To be fair the justice system was only discussed because you adamantly defended Sage as part of Sam san trials, and that merits a discussion about the Justice system by association.

You're right. I was being dramatic. I went back and read my OP though, and that was just one of a list of opinions about what I thought made NexusTK great, so it was a bummer to see it steal the focus. Makes sense though, as the justice system is by far the most subjective since entrusting randoms on the internet with any power over players is always a risky proposition. I feel some of my other points are much stronger. The truckloads of dopamine from getting to sell exp at 99 are nonexistent. I really, truly believe the current game's butchered pacing takes 90% of the fun out of the game from a hunting standpoint. None of the exp envelope bs would even be relevant on a new server with the old pacing.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.