Guests cannot vote 
solman
post Sep 29 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #1

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 104

As a former host once myself, and since i somewhat returned to the game, ive noticed alot has changed with carnage department in general. I want a community outreach in what they think of carnage department as a whole and individual basis. Has comments on a specific host by all means. Just no flaming per say.. It is okay to comment on specific hosts tho if you need to, Good or bad!

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Sep 29 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

those who can't do, host.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
Adam
post Sep 29 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

those who can't host, roleplay.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Sep 29 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

those who can't roleplay, PK.

AHHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Sep 29 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

those who don't do any, post on NF.

fuuuu.

--------------------

+Quote Post
solman
post Sep 29 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Im the only one who said fox hunts are great. There really isnt much to do to improve them even though its an awful event. Overall though you cant improve to much on them, which is why I said they are good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Sep 29 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

Without naming certain people, I believe the entire carnage staff needs to be redone. I don't even know how many there are, but out of all of them, maybe two or three (not including fox hunt hosts --- that doesnt really require alot of thought) actually do their job well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEET
post Sep 29 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #8

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

Great idea, lets replace the five host left, and find no host because no one wants that [Content removed]ty job.

No offense but you guy don't appreciate crap. This 8 plus years of carnage system, making humans do it, could be automated process with great AI. But, noooo carnage host take time out of their day to host for people, but people have the nerve to complain when something goes wrong.

As for the system itself. It has gone down hill since Drywater took over. No offense, but the most infamous person in nexus should of been the next head host. Not him. But the past is the past and sometimes things can't be fixed.

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Sep 29 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #9

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

I have seen people host continually for years only to never become head of a department, while people come into the carnage department and get head of a department within a month or two. People in this game like to word towards the top and when they see the top is hardly reachable because of certain circumstances (first sentence) they won't even bother trying.

+Quote Post
solman
post Sep 29 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #10

Oh san
Group Icon

As a person who got head of a department in under a month from being hired, I worked my rear off in every department hosting or assistant hosting every single event in every time slot. I earned my position when I was there because by all means i was never "popular" among the people who ran nexus. I was only infamous by my own rep and nothing else. Which I say accounts for something.

As far as some of the statements though, I agree that most of them need overhauled (fired). Makes me sick in what the carnage department has gone to. Heads would roll if I was in charge believe me. Even late door openings are unacceptable period.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Sep 29 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #11

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

@ LEET
Here's an example of why people need to be fired;
"Any comments?!"
*people whisper in their opinions on how and why the teams are unbalanced*
*host ignores their suggestions*
*one team gets owned to hell*

-- no joke, couple weeks ago the rounds lasted literally less than 45 seconds and there were quite a few people there (maybe 17 people per team)

Hosts these days ignore suggestions even if they have their reasons explained. Yeah they take time out of their precious day and make one of the reasons why alot of people play (pk) dull and unbalanced. I'm not sure how they can automate carnages, maybe some type of equalization formula that is based on "What their stats / class" are, but still pkers vs non pkers makes a difference too. Also, KRU stated automated carnages "Will never happen." So yeah, we have to deal with this problem of incompetence, and im sure avid pkers who actually understand what pk is and who is good at it would step up to host if noobs were to be fired.

So far the only real pkers are xthunderx and restored in the Carnage staff that is.
Elixirs are fine
Bloodlusts are 'okay' - need more crusades and competence in hosting staff
Fox hunts .. its kinda impossible to be incompetent as far as making teams goes
Carnage is the only bad part of the system and it needs to be redone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEET
post Sep 29 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

The infamous person im speaking of is not solman, he claimed to be infamous. It was VIPERZOO sorry to burst your bubble.

Funny thing is im the person who asked that question at that stupid archon Q&A thing:p

+Quote Post
Skum
post Sep 29 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #13

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

I agree with WestSider's evaluation to some degree. There have definitely been times when an entire team is screaming about an imbalance and the host does nothing about it and then that team goes down in smoke. The instance called to my mind is when the two overall tops were on the opposite team such that our team could literally NOT KILL THEM because we didn't have a fighter of adequate stats. We did manage to win one round, but only because time ran out after the circle and we had kept a couple extra people alive. (Although I will note that in the case we were given a free win because there were not very many players.)

Oh, and on the subject of Fox Hunts, I wish everyone would stop downing on them. They're easy, quick, and fun. Not to mention cheap and you get a prize. What else could you wish for (except the AI bug to be fixed...)?

--------------------

+Quote Post
solman
post Sep 30 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #14

Oh san
Group Icon

LEET i know you didnt mean myself. But yes I am infamous as well lol. I could easily write what it would need to be a good automated system in place to keep it balanced a good 90% of the time. Truth be told however, most hosts cant get it right and their "auto" system which i fought kicking and screaming when they implimented it when I was a host was just nothing more then a stat balancer. Big whoop.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Foxfire
post Sep 30 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,761
Characters: Foxfire

QUOTE (Skum @ Sep 29 2010, 08:34 PM) *
Oh, and on the subject of Fox Hunts, I wish everyone would stop downing on them. They're easy, quick, and fun. Not to mention cheap and you get a prize. What else could you wish for (except the AI bug to be fixed...)?

YESSSSS. I've been trying!! ;_;

Okay, so I might be a little biased since I'm on the carnage staff but .. I voted because I was curious to see the answers, of course! I'm entertained to see that nobody has yet complained about foxhunt hosts. Either like the game or hate 'em. -crosses fingers- Right? biggrin.gif

Sadly, I think the teammaking skills of the hosts nowadays aren't terribly good because the people who WERE any good and PKed at all have either quit hosting or quit Nexus and the ones who are hosting now are just trying to learn and do their best.

It doesn't help that there are hackers that can't be killed because they have an eat-out hack or tank you on dis/sc perfectly every time (you know who I'm talking about) and people who play very well one day and very horribly the next (you also know who I'm talking about!).. so.. that's my two pennies.

--------------------
~* Nwyfre Foxfire k'Treva *~

Freerice - Feed the hungry, expand your vocabulary.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Sep 30 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #16

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (Foxfire @ Sep 30 2010, 04:00 PM) *
It doesn't help that there are hackers that can't be killed because they have an eat-out hack or tank you on dis/sc perfectly every time (you know who I'm talking about) and people who play very well one day and very horribly the next (you also know who I'm talking about!).. so.. that's my two pennies.
I don't know who you are talking about.
Please name names and give us detailed accounts.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
solman
post Oct 1 2010, 02:50 AM
Post #17

Oh san
Group Icon

Yea its hard to screw up fox hunts when you just stand there and wait for result. Pretty easy job wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Oct 1 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

Ok so far what I see is, people are not happy with the carnage staffs overall incompetence. There are a few good ones but overall the hosts cant properly assign teams or exibit proper conflict resolution. Starting from the TOP down there needs to be a redux of carnage staff.

EDIT...my sentence didnt make sense

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post
solman
post Oct 1 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #19

Oh san
Group Icon

I would say that is a fair assessment. I know theres a few I would love see gone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destyn
post Oct 1 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #20

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

Well when you have people who know nothing about PK leading the department and you are a host under them, it gets annoying as hell because they are trying to tell you what to do when they don't even know themselves. On top of that, it's generally the hosts that are horrible that tend to suck the e-peens of all the current division heads so they end up getting the higher up jobs because of that. As you would have guessed, when you have people who have no idea what they are doing in charge..things are going to fall apart.

Oh, and if any hosts are actually reading this and you aren't sure why some people don't perform too well..you cannot possibly balance teams just purely on stats. A poet can only be as good as their fighter (and vise versa). Look at who works well with each other in addition to the skill/stats they have.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:01 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.