Styledatol
post May 1 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #61

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

I've never had an issue with the no-leaching rule; then again I don't really hunt - fact remains that as long as an elder in control, what he says goes. Don't like it? That's great, if there's really something wrong with a certain rule, the majority of the path will stand up, and possibly overthrow the elder - seen it happen on a few occasions in the game. To be honest though, unless you're a current member of said path, you got no bloody business deciding what goes in it, you can [Content removed] and moan about it all you want; but it does not concern anyone, least of all a failure of a human being like DM: Quit your crusade against the Chogunate, your existence in the game ranges from an annoyance to a rolling joke inside the path.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BeffyCabeza
post May 2 2013, 08:05 AM
Post #62

NA Database Editor
Group Icon

Group: Nexus Atlas Development
Member No.: 322
Characters: BeffyCabeza/SkoGul

The training as a CR will be interesting to watch. I think it'll make training as a Chongun longer and more difficult, which I'm sure people will start to fuss about at some point.

And the whole thing about leeching, let's face it. Most paths are very lax, as long as the person isn't horsed in snoring, you're golden. So everyone "LET THEM LEECH" you're getting too technical. You basically can as long as your leechie's are bloody paying attention tongue.gif

--------------------
Take a number, I'm sure I've annoyed someone today.

+Quote Post
Krmit
post May 2 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #63

Enchanted

Member No.: 234

Who cares, if you leech, you leech. If you don't you don't.

My personal take on it is games usually have a lot to enjoy and explore through out the course of the game. Most people hit all of these points the first or second Go-around. After that the monotony will just bore you to death.

Leeching is a part of every game. People need to deal with it.

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 3 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #64

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Apr 29 2013, 08:24 PM) *
Of course, the current subpath system does allow for rules to be permanent. Or at least close to it. All you need to do is become Elder and then refuse to step down from power until you literally die IRL, or get close to it.

Doesn't work. It's actually pretty easy to overthrow an elder and force them down, it's happened to Spy several times in the last couple of years. So no, there are absolutely no rules that an elder himself can push on a path that are permanent. If you force things onto people and they don't like it, you will eventually get forced out of elder, through peer pressure or archons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Songa
post May 3 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #65

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 330
Characters: Songa

That's why you make friends with every single person in the path, and ask them what they would want to see changed. Then you take into account everyone and offer them "great advice", pretend that you care about them, and even offer them other positions/jobs. (Usually made-up and useless ones) While listening to their ideas, you provide solutions to them that completely change their idea entirely, without them knowing it. Then they'll think you give a flying [Content removed] about them and they'll go along with anything you say. So you get away with whatever the flying [Content removed] you want while making everyone believe that they thought of it themselves.

Whose glad they never made me an Elder? LOL rolleyes.gif

But in all seriousness, who the [Content removed] cares about the following:

Leeching
Selling karma
Being trained while you are in an NPC Subpath (it really has NOTHING to do with your training and it is kind of jerky of the path to force you to lose an entire aspect of the game for your stupid subpath. Now training for two subpaths at the same time is another thing altogether and I think people got these two mixed.)
Whether you called this person fat at east gate kugnae
That you said lol once while in a hunting group

ETC

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post May 5 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #66

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (Destyn @ May 3 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Doesn't work. It's actually pretty easy to overthrow an elder and force them down, it's happened to Spy several times in the last couple of years. So no, there are absolutely no rules that an elder himself can push on a path that are permanent. If you force things onto people and they don't like it, you will eventually get forced out of elder, through peer pressure or archons.

I'm sure that is all bearing on if the Archons actually care to get involved, and given how political this game is these days I'm sure that's a special circumstances thing.

I mean, there have been Elders who have been Archons. Archon Primogens, in fact. How are you gonna force them to resign?

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 5 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #67

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ May 5 2013, 02:07 PM) *
I mean, there have been Elders who have been Archons. Archon Primogens, in fact. How are you gonna force them to resign?

That right there is a special circumstance. Obviously it's going to be harder to get these Elders out of those positions. But again, if they are causing a big stink in their path and they truly are an archon, chances are they are going to resign before they make themselves look foolish and lose their archon position.

This game is all about maintaining the care bear stance, so if a path starts an uproar there is a pretty good chance the elder will get removed. I don't really care to look, but I can remember at least 3 times in recent history where a path has gone into lockdown and a new elder was elected. It's not really a hard thing to accomplish now a day. Hell, 2 of them alone were in the Spy path alone in the last year or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post May 6 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #68

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (Destyn @ May 5 2013, 07:07 PM) *
That right there is a special circumstance.

No, it's not.

Off the top of my head I can name about 5 Archons who were also Elders and abused the hell out of their positions, and even when they ceased being Archons, the RL friendships they formed with other Archons were continually leveraged over the years for personal benefit or to harass their in-game enemies.

And I would list them if I thought it wouldn't get my post deleted.

If you seriously think it's a special circumstance, you just don't know what actually goes on behind the scenes in Nexus.

Three circumstances I can recall where Archons did intervene in Elderships were Alton (Chonguns), Illios (Merchants) and Liadriel (Chonguns). Each of those situations were people who did absurd things that impacted other Archons or their friends. Granted, I haven't played in a few years so I don't keep tabs of things but chances are any situation where an Archon intervened is a situation where that Archon was having a direct issue with that Elder, and while the path may have been in an uproar that was not the deciding factor.

The Archons are not, and never have been, the friends of the community. They have always been power hungry players who, regardless of what they tell themselves to justify their behavior, have been in it for themselves and consider the role of Archon just another political position in the game for them to acquire and use to benefit their playstyles in the same way another player might try to join a subpath for hunting spells.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Destyn
post May 18 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #69

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ May 6 2013, 02:25 AM) *
Granted, I haven't played in a few years so I don't keep tabs of things

..I was referring to somewhat recently, not years and years ago when you actually played. When we are talking about the present, it is more applicable to talk about things that happened recently and not 10 years ago.
'

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yeas
post May 24 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #70

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

To be fair, the Elder should be accountable to the path and not use it to promote their own agenda. That being said, they should suspend their attachment to the past way of doing things to at least give it a shot.

Its not really a big deal its banned. I think its a dumb idea but meh overall.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Jun 18 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #71

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

Who gives a [Content removed]. Break the rules, leech, sell characters, sell coins, bypass the filter... The game is dead, do whatever the [Content removed] you want before it's all over.

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post
Mazel
post Jun 18 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #72

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rI8zV2-Doo

--------------------

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Jun 18 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #73

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

QUOTE (Mazel @ Jun 18 2013, 03:41 PM) *

Pretty much.

It really is a shame, too. I used to love this game, played it all the time way back in late elementary school all the way through high school. Even into my adult years I played it between work and play time, just having fun killing mother [Content removed]ers in sire/vale or hunting. Now I'm 25 and really have no interest in this, or any, game. Most of the people that are still left playing have been around for at least a decade or more, otherwise they wouldn't still be here! I, myself, haven't played since 2012.. but I may or may not ever be back.

If I do come back, better believe I will not adhere to any [Content removed]ing rules.

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Jun 18 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #74

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE (IamAmage @ Jun 18 2013, 02:55 PM) *
If I do come back, better believe I will not adhere to any [Content removed]ing rules.

Yeh, you [Content removed]es betta Wreckonize.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:24 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.