post Jul 25 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

Hey guys,

As some of you may have seen, Berig and I are bringing StatAddict back. At this juncture, I don't know if we will be bringing the legacy data back online, but we will at least be providing ongoing service and lots of new features. Icespadez is extremely busy and has been unable to dedicate enough time to the site and has been gracious enough to point the URLs to our new servers.

We still have a lot of work to do, but its coming along very fast. Stay tuned pizanos

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 25 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

what? No replies? You guys need to use the active topics links so you can see new threads in all sections :-p
http://www.nexusatlas.com/forums/index.php...;CODE=getactive

--------------------

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
Foxfire
post Jul 25 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,761
Characters: Foxfire

I use that already, damnit!

I have nothing to say, since I knew about it already.

You draw the grass!! -shakes fist-

--------------------
~* Nwyfre Foxfire k'Treva *~

Freerice - Feed the hungry, expand your vocabulary.

+Quote Post
Hinoyuki
post Jul 25 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #4

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,115

Hooray for soon being able to calculate the depressing amounts of experience til sam >.<

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 25 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #5

Oh san
Group Icon

The new version will publicize the posts you make on Buy/Sell boards. This will make it extremely easy to search the boards for items you want to buy or sell.

smile.gif

--------------------

Learn to keep up

+Quote Post
Scum
post Jul 25 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #6

Enchanted

Member No.: 8,136

I love active topics. I dont read anything but hte active topics. Anyways welcome back stataddict. ABOUT TIME! <3

--------------------

This post resulted in the poster being jailed for "cursing" for saying the word "defecating" The back-and-forth screenshots between him and Judges/Archons about it are even more funny.

+Quote Post
Rokugo
post Jul 25 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 327
Characters: Rokugo, Pythagoreus, PaulWight, ????

Nooo, don't bring back stataddict until I can start hunting again. tongue.gif

--------------------
Hi, I'm Rokugo. You probably don't know me.
There is a 95% chance the above post is sarcasm and is not to be taken seriously.
I play Real Life to help escape NexusTK.
"Baby, for you I'd divide by zero" <--- My # 1 pickup line

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Jul 25 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #8

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

Thank you! I've missed this a lot and been hitting up the calculator given to me in an old topic last year =P It works, but I miss watching my daily gain.

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
Baltzen
post Jul 26 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #9

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,297
Characters: Baltzen, you have to ask about the others

FINALLY WOOT WOOT now I can actually see how far from Sam san I really am --- Like I don't know already haha. Just like to see how much I hunt it is fun!!!!

STATADDICT - THE True Addict!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackh
post Jul 27 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #10

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 992

Wait is it up, or coming soon?

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 28 2008, 08:07 AM
Post #11

Oh san
Group Icon

Coming soon. Ice pointed the URLs to our servers, but I think he waited a day too late on renewing them. Either way the site isnt ready for prime time quite yet.

--------------------

Learn to keep up

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jul 29 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,927
Characters: HaKSaW

Doesn't look too bad. I can definitely see that it's nowhere near complete yet. I'm not going to reveal how I figured out to look at the site, because I know it's not ready yet. The menus are probably not really going to be friendly the way they are right now... might want to revise that (the rings/tribes/paths lists are way too long and cause issues when scrolling on some systems and it also causes some layout issues).

Please do bring back the feature for exp calculations (I can't seem to see it yet). The right panel isn't displaying the right stats yet, but looks like a nice layout.

For everyone waiting: It looks like there will be a bit of a wait while this new project is complete as the features that are currently in place are very limited, but I can tell you from what I'm seeing here it's going to be awesome and worth the wait.

AceoStar, if you need any assistance with anything, please feel free to send me a PM. I have made many successful php scripts and pages (including a userpages for another game directly pulling data from the live database - NO.. it's not resource consuming at all).

--------------------

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 30 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #13

Oh san
Group Icon

I'm not going to reveal how I figured out to look at the site, because I know it's not ready yet.

hehe, we made it pretty damn easy for anyone who knows what they are doing to find it smile.gif Glad someone did.

I have made many successful php scripts and pages (including a userpages for another game directly pulling data from the live database - NO.. it's not resource consuming at all).

I think our alternative to this is going to be live caching. In order to pull ranks etc on a userpage you end up hitting the DB about 15 times. This is a drop in the bucket for mysql, but it adds up in the long run so we'll probably just generate flatfiles on update :-)

Please do bring back the feature for exp calculations (I can't seem to see it yet). The right panel isn't displaying the right stats yet, but looks like a nice layout.

Yep its coming back. This version will offer more to people who don't show stats.

For everyone waiting: It looks like there will be a bit of a wait while this new project is complete as the features that are currently in place are very limited, but I can tell you from what I'm seeing here it's going to be awesome and worth the wait.

Which leads me to my next question, should we release before its completely ready or build everything first? Right now we're working on the boards and user profiles.

As a side note,
boards are going to rock. We're using berig's board layout to show the information, and we're also going to be releasing a "Live Market" feature, which will let you automatically display buy/sell posts on the site by putting special info in your posts.

Anywho, thanks for digging a bit HakSaW you gave me a lil boost of motivation, which I'll need with this hell of a day at work today tongue.gif

--------------------

Learn to keep up

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Jul 30 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

I say get it at least 75% complete before you make it public. But make a disclaimer that it is still beta or incomplete. And just let the players wait and see any updates you do as they happen.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jul 30 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #15

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE(AceoStar @ Jul 30 2008, 07:33 AM) [snapback]54133[/snapback]

Anywho, thanks for digging a bit HakSaW you gave me a lil boost of motivation, which I'll need with this hell of a day at work today tongue.gif

No problemo.
Honestly I think there are several key functions that need to be there before release, but the rest could come over time. I now see what the right section is, had me confused.. but it appears to be all characters' combined stats/money/etc... not really sure the purpose of this, but that would be a perfect place to put the exp calculator.

Character Lookup (already functioning somewhat).
Caves list based on stats.
Exp calculations for desired stats from current stats.
Who's buffer X or Y? (based entirely on stats)

With the above things, I believe the majority of users will be happy enough for a limited release, then just add the extra stuff as you have the time to do so.

My ONLY beef is that menu, the more I see it the more it frustrates me as a user (and web coder). Looking through the help section for the particular menu you have, I see there is both a horizontal and vertical version. I'd say for things like "Path" layer each subpath under the actual main path with a horizontal drop-out from that menu item itself (totally my opinion):
Warrior - Barbarian
Chongun
Do
Chung Ryong
Warrior

So when you hover over a base Path, it gives you the subpath options to the right. When it comes to rings/tribes, that will be a little trickier. Perhaps break them up into A-G|H-N|O-U|V-Z and have them listed in the same fashion as the Paths in a drop-out menu.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 30 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #16

Oh san
Group Icon

Yeah, everything currently in the menu's was spit there for debug purposes, I probably should have mentioned that. I was thinking about splitting the Tribes list up based on nation, does anyone know if in game mechanics prevent people from joining tribes/clans from opposite nations anymore?

I know LON did the whole recruit from everywhere thing in Marek's day but I haven't tried doing that lately.

For path (what we call the your path title) we might break it out by subpath. And then for Subpath we'll probably break it out by class like you said.

but it appears to be all characters' combined stats/money/etc

More debugging :-) That will probably stay on the main page (in a much more useful format) and the XP calculator will go on the user pages so that we can pre populate it with your current stats.

--------------------

Learn to keep up

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jul 30 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #17

Ee san
Group Icon

Awesome. Anything I can do to help or offer constructive criticism/suggestions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Berig
post Jul 30 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #18

Enchanted

Member No.: 18

We are definitely making progress. The biggest thing was getting the data in a format we can use, now that is taken care of, we can get to work on all the features you know and love. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Jul 30 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #19

Ee san
Group Icon

The character information page is looking nice. I wish TK would fix their dynamic image of the characters. They can easily get the graphics together and program something like done on cnex. For starters, they don't even take coats into account. Dyes are far from accurate.. no crowns.. then there is that retarded half-dance/mount pose... like... WT$???

BTW, in the lists pages, will the names populate with a link to the player's more detailed info? (the current search page).

CODE

$playername = sqlpull;

echo "<a href='filename.php?variable=".$playername."'>$playername</a>";

should do it when spitting out the charname rather than just the name itself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 30 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #20

Oh san
Group Icon

yeah. B> Data Pump sad.gif

--------------------

Learn to keep up

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:41 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.