Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carnage Forum Section, new forum in town square
lepetitchou
post Dec 12 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 444

I think nexusforums should create a forum under the "town square" section dedicated to commentary about specific Carnages. It would be an excellent community resource to keep track of host performance, interesting/epic battles, etc. Carnage junkies would be able to use this information to make all sorts of good judgments about future attendance, what level is most fun to max, and so forth.

format to post:

date/time:

ex. monday, dec. 11, 6:00 p.m.

carnage/bloodlust:

ex. glory carnage

host:

ex. jooeun

tops:

ex. red: norkle, splder
black: wolverine, jeangrey, ouka

time elapsed from doors closed to round 1 starting:

ex. 15 minutes

total time elapsed:

ex. 1 1/2 hours (man, remember that six round glory a few months back? that lasted like 3 1/2 hours with three ties)

outcome:

ex. red wins 2-1, no ties.

notes:

ex. blah blah blah there was this awesome circle and someone used WW candy blah blah
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SungKen
post Dec 13 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 152

I would actually be really into that. That would be awesome and im sure it woule soon become one of the bigger draws to the site.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Dec 13 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Characters: Bless

This sounds cool, but its not really necessary to have a whole forum for that. What you're describing could fit in just one topic.

+Quote Post
solman
post Dec 15 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #4

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

The whole idea that they are getting across is they can make topics for select carnages. Example being Carnage at 7:00 pm central time on 12-14-06 would be a topic in the carnage section where you can post your comments.

Doing this would recreate multiple topics under a carnage or an ongoing topic nobody wants to read or filter threw. I do support this idea 100%.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
lepetitchou
post Dec 15 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #5

Level 5

QUOTE(solman @ Dec 15 2006, 04:09 AM) [snapback]21211[/snapback]

Doing this would recreate multiple topics under a carnage or an ongoing topic nobody wants to read or filter through.

I think what solman means is this:
The benefits of creating such a forum would include

a)Easy access to good information regarding individual carnages (1 post per event), so less potential for spam posts about one bad carnage
b)Not having to read one extremely long carnage topic filled with irrelevancies and rants, since those rants would remain contained as a reply to a specific carnage on a specific date

Here are more benefits that I can think of:

c)Polls on the best carnage of the week/month
d)Polls on host of the week/month
e)People who normally shun carnages may read about a particularly good host & attend again
f)Always fun to grief people who lost a round for you or killed you 3 times in a row

+Quote Post
koinu
post Dec 15 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Graphics Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,070
Characters: Koinu

I don't think there's going to be a new topic like that... but there might be something on the main page about carnages in the future.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
stabme
post Dec 20 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #7

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE(koinu @ Dec 15 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]21244[/snapback]

I don't think there's going to be a new topic like that... but there might be something on the main page about carnages in the future.

topic like what? if you think this is based on the argument in comm, it seems completely independent. even so, carnage arguments come up ALL THE TIME.

i support the idea. there used to be a carnage forum here on NF....it never really got reinstated.

i imagine it something like they've done here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewforum.php?f=17 ; a tour journal cataloging the setlist for each shows, and comments on it; new thread for it. if its all one thread there will be too much congestions, no room for comments, and too much "room for spam." (you people should be encouraging conversation, not stifling it).

--------------------
IMEDIAT: I am the Lixir! I speak for the Wars!
I no longer Elixir or draw Imediat. I now help make music free for all: Grooveshark

+Quote Post
Adam
post Dec 21 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #8

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE(stabme @ Dec 20 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]21675[/snapback]
you people should be encouraging conversation, not stifling it

Touche.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Dec 21 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #9

Sa san
Group Icon

We are discussing this and we are still working on a decision.

+Quote Post
lepetitchou
post Dec 21 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #10

Level 5

Thanks for considering this, Leonis & co.

I am trying to play devil's advocate to my own idea, so here are a few drawbacks I can think of:

If this forum were structured like all the other forums, the replies to particular carnages would create a very disordered information catalogue -- i.e.

post 1 - dec. 22 1 a.m. bloodlust
post 2 - dec. 21 8 p.m. bloodlust
post 3 - dec. 22 6 p.m. carnage

imagine oh, 21-28 posts per week at maximum, excluding elixir wars. as soon as someone replies to a particular topic, that topic gets moved to the top. the more replies to any carnage 'x', the more disorganized the forum becomes.

example: (bad)
post 2 - dec. 21 8 p.m. carnage (3 replies)
post 1 - dec. 22 1 a.m. bloodlust (2 replies)
post 3 - dec. 21 6 p.m. carnage (0 replies)

CHAOS ENSUES.

the structure of the forum would have to be set up so that the dates do not become disorganized. the link to the forum stabme provided is a model for keeping the posts in order by date. if the carnage forum was implemented without that particular sense of order it would quickly get annoying in terms of an effort to present good PK information.

example: (good)
post 1 - dec. 22 1 a.m. bloodlust (2 replies)
post 2 - dec. 21 8 p.m. carnage (3 replies)
post 3 - dec. 21 6 p.m. carnage (0 replies)

ahh. much better.

other drawbacks... hmm. well, the forum would be entirely user-submitted, so the success of the forum would depend on how apt carnage attendees were to pin up the info on the carnages they attended. advertising on the community board/carnage board would be helpful in that regard (hooray law 41 compliant na). other than that, i can't think of any big issues.

if you build it, they will come.

LPC

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Dec 21 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #11

Sa san
Group Icon

The date order of the posts is not an issue. Our main deterrent to this idea now is the host-bashing that would develop from every topic. We do not want to make a forum for more complaints.

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Dec 22 2006, 03:48 AM
Post #12

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

[joke]
Setup the new forum with threads for each type of carnage and the day of the week. Then you can setup a different thread for compliants and make each post disappear after 5 minutes. That would take care of the issue.
[/joke]

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
lepetitchou
post Dec 22 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #13

Level 5

I don't think the structure of the forum lends itself to 'just another complaint forum,' especially if the moderator cracks down on posts like so:

1: 12/21 18:00 carnage
2: worldwalker is UNFAIR!!!11ELEVEN <--- would be subject to ban/not following rules of forum etc.
3: 12/21 20:00 carnage

The forum I imagine is strictly events only, aside from a sticky etiquette/form guide at the top and possibly a carnage schedule post. The point of keeping the threads strictly to singular carnage/bloodlust events is to prevent people from directly posting about specific hosts. Apart from constructive criticism, absolutely no whining about hosts needing to do their job better or pacify the kiddies.

Ideas on sleep arrows, the fine art of onyon, & other topics of debate would remain in other sections of nexusforums. Well, ideally, don't know what you guys have in mind/whether that's the best idea or not.

As a former host I know hosts (at least used to) take notes and submit them to the head of their department for review. They could just copy/paste (minus the parts about user bans/breaking rules) their carnage/bl information if they so desired on the forum, otherwise it would be submitted by the participant (who may have a particularly slanted reason for posting).

LPC

p.s. carnage staff i'd love your input/reaction to this

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:36 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.