IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Mongol Event, Share Your Opinion
The Mongol Event
What was your overall opinion of this event?
I liked it. [ 29 ] ** [54.72%]
I disliked it. [ 22 ] ** [41.51%]
Other [ 2 ] ** [3.77%]
Do you feel this was a well-planned event?
Yes, I feel this event was thoroughly planned and thought about before it was implemented. [ 20 ] ** [37.74%]
No, I feel this event was thrown together haphazardly and/or in a rush. [ 30 ] ** [56.60%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [5.66%]
What are your thoughts on this event's depth?
I feel this event is firmly rooted in Nexus history and allows players to deeply immerse themselves in the game. [ 9 ] ** [16.98%]
I feel this event was too short, had too little detail, and did not require much thought in order to complete it. [ 40 ] ** [75.47%]
Other [ 4 ] ** [7.55%]
What effect did this event have on you personally?
I was deeply impressed by the work and effort put into this event. [ 3 ] ** [5.66%]
It was ok, but I think some things could have been done a little better. [ 22 ] ** [41.51%]
I am neutral in this matter. [ 9 ] ** [16.98%]
I disliked the event, but it wasn't horrible; it could have been worse. [ 13 ] ** [24.53%]
I was extremely disappointed with this event and hope that future events have more thought put into them than this one did. [ 6 ] ** [11.32%]
Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
AllyGator
post Jul 24 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #21

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

Monday, July 17 - Dreamweaver post:

Yesterday while hunting in the woodlands, I noticed a movement behind a tree. I slowly approached the tree and suddenly saw a flash of purple. Underneath the lowest limb, was General Blight! I was shocked! Thank goodness he didn?t notice me.

What was he doing out here alone and hiding? I looked at him closely and noticed he had a weapon tied at his waist. This sword was something I had never seen before and nothing one of our smiths had ever crafted. Roughly crafted but with graceful beauty my mouth watered for a closer look. He also had other unusual items displayed proudly on his armor. The sun hit the metal on the sword and I was drawn back to its beauty. Blight started to sneak into the shadows. Should I follow him? Would he lead me to similar treasures? Was I willing to risk my life or my family for a pretty blade? Not today, I thought to myself and saw Blight?s shadow disappear. Well I guess it is back to rabbit hunting for me.

Blight is WELL known for stockpiling anything having to do with defense or warfare. There is no reason to believe he would not contact anyone to get more weapons. He helped Nagnag kidnap smiths who are still stuck in the armory - apparently slaves for life. What makes you think Blight would not do something evil?

Conro's news post of Friday, July 14:

The Hero of Nagnang, Blight, paid a visit through the Mythic Nexus, and later meandered through Nagnang before ultimately vanishing before everyones eyes tonight.

Blight was seen fumbling around with a small map, and when asked said he was looking for 'someone to talk to', and spoke of 'the west'.

So Blight already had a weapon and some boots. Maybe he was trying to find the Mongol's encampment to get more stuff!

Anyway it isn't as if there was NO prep for this event. Just not a long build up like the Tree of Reflections. Of course the gripe about the Tree of Reflections was that it took TOO long to get to the main event.

--------------------
The hair says it all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Michike
post Jul 24 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #22

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 78

QUOTE(Conti @ Jul 24 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]4329[/snapback]

My Biggest Issues
- Vile of Venom - instead of Vial of Venom
- you can pick up more then one dirty rock and its not dropable/exchangable but you can deposit it
- Blind did not work on the Mongols, since when can a Human not get blinded...
- When Combining Water Jug + Dirty rock you just get - Clean Rock - instead of Clean Rock + Empty Water Jug
- The Mongols are ambush spawn from my experience but the ambushes were so random
- They Messed up their own story line....

Blight after resurrecting the Four left off towards the West... But yet The Mongols are from teh South and That would have put Blight over 500 miles from where he should have been. On top of that Blight Wouldn't have been stock pilling Weapons on his own even if based on teh conspect of "surprising the enemy" when he fights them with their own weapons. The Four Never Made an appearance which is contraditory to what The Ressurection of the Four Was All about....
It was not thought through completely....

Just my two Coins

- rocks are more then likely bugged if you can pick up more then one
- Blind does work on mongols, except they keep moving and can disspell themselves just like humans are supposed to do, I think the AI is annoying too but I'm not going to complain, it's extra "challenge"
- I broke my water jug accidentally hitting the rock tongue.gif
- Ambushes are always so random, unless you have the script for ambushes ofcourse !
- They did not mess up the story line "this time" The Mongols are to the west of Nagnang as far as I'm concerned, the four have long been abandoned since Blight came back for several events and other sporadic appearances. (Blight was not sent west from Buya)
-------------------------------------

I liked the event "so far". I don't like things that have hardly any background build-up to them, but I wouldn't expect to be "prepared" for an invasion. I also wouldn't expect this to be the end.

I think this event was thought through and planned, maybe not "thoroughly" but some people seem to like extremes. Reasons :
1. We know this event to be in the making since Yuri's ball with Blight's "strange actions" to the "west"
2. It was hinted on several times during the week/2 weeks preceding the event, going up to making a post on one of the gm boards.
3. I haven't encountered a bug

The depth of the event... well hard to judge after so little time. I think so far so good, so many people've whined for a "war" well maybe just maybe you're getting one. How do you want to present things ? You can't make everyone happy. The majority of nexus does not read CotW every day. I agree that this is all a bit "sudden" but it's also like it's supposed to be for an invasion. I think this event might possibly lead us to the "new lands" promissed with the release of the new client.

I didn't even notice the "click me" on an npc but that's honestly a minor mistake in the scripting of what npc's say such as "Vile of Venom" was a minor mistake in the scripting of the name of items. It's also completely irrelevant to the depth of the event and saying you can't enjoy an event because an npc tells you to click them without brackets... that's petty and whining for the sake of whining. If you want to roleplay, you roleplay regardless of what others do or say and there's more then enough oportunities to do so.

Effect of the event on me ? I'm happy we're actually getting regular events for the summer so far, if we get an event in August... well I'll be extremely delighted with the way Nexus is being run. I can only hold this event as further proof of Kru showing investment towards Nexus. As far as this specific event is concerned, I'm slightly optimistic but not enough to put more then neutral.

P.S. : As for the "red mark" comment, the color of a mark is not important, we (the players) gave a connotation to "red mark" when all we mean with it is "jail-branding" or "negative subpath branding". I believe this red is a darker shade, distincting itself from those marks. As a side note, red is often used indicating conflict and I do think it's more appropriate for the mark to be red then it is to be green or blue.

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
dinosaur
post Jul 24 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #23

Enchanted

Member No.: 89

A recent crash of the Event Cave server has led to the DELETION of shields
from your bank and character when you enter! It also seems to be able to
delete NLAs and Nagnag items.

+Quote Post
linuxkiddy
post Jul 24 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #24

Database Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 213
Characters: Linuxkiddy

I'd like to say I disliked the event, cave 6 was bugged the whole time! there was three tents that when you tried to walk into it...it would say "storms in the kingdom prevent you from entering" WOW?! We have a new server that we didn't know about that was down?!

Another thing was ^^ Yippey since tents was unable to enter The boss was inside of the bugged tents Woot so that means ^^ no boss for cave 6!!

Most like everyone made characters for cave 1, its kinda disapointing having millions of rogues invis running around looking for the boss and while they're killing like 50 bosses every 30 minutes you're still running around just to see one woohoo!! It'd be nice if you actually did get a sword that you'd be satisfied and let others have a chance? Not go after the damn boss again lol..

more complains Woot! Well.. I kinda like nexon better because they actually had a story for the event, They had Events inside the events like you had to collect this and that and give it to npc's =O and you got a event completion mark...the one event I remember well was the Hidden garden one! I loved that one... I kinda wished kru would bring back some of the old events so we can get items that we could never get back again =p

I'd like to say even though we all wait for events to come out because we're all Bored that there's not much to do but hunt in nexus... Why not start making Quests to do instead of events =p quests lasts forever right? soe quest rocked , im sure kru could make more quests to get those old items too =p *wants a quest for nagnang bow,sword,dagger,armor =D

+Quote Post
koKura
post Jul 24 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #25

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 177

1 - I choose I did not like it, though really, I didn't like OR not like it.

2 - No, I do not feel it was well planned. Or at the least I do not feel that they were properly prepared. (the server issue(s), the event just kinda came outta nowhere - though I suppose in a way they all do, I just feel it could have better been played into/for, rather then just having blight show up and say a few things here and there - that doesn't make for much of an "RP aspect" for the event)

3 - Depth? where?

4 - Nada. Perhaps it was just a bad weekend for it to have any effect on me as I wasn't around too much. But really.. it just seemed to me like it was just... there. Kinda like.. who cares? I'm happy/glad that they DID something, I like the new items.. but really? Mneh. Sorry, theres more to nexus (to me at least..) then "items that pwn" and stats. dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I also play WoW. SkullCrusher server, Horde faction.

+Quote Post
BlackMob
post Jul 25 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #26

Enchanted

Member No.: 477
Characters: Qmob

this event was cool for about 1 day then it should have been over thats it end of story its just plain boring to hunt there now the only reason anyone would go is for bloods

+Quote Post
LordDryn
post Jul 25 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #27

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 481

I am so tired of simple little events thrown into simple little caves out of the way, so as not to cause any inconvenience to anyone. Nexus events haven't been events for a while now. They're just playgrounds that are opened temporarily. Even the shiny toys are boring.

I miss things actually happening. I miss being afraid of people, places and the various, supposedly intimidating, monsters that attack the kingdoms daily. I miss not knowing what's going to happen next; I miss anticipation. I miss the rallying sense of patriotism and unity that clan and countries felt when they were forced into action.

I miss the old events and I miss the guy in the black clothes with the handle-bar mustache.

The most annoying thing is I'm not the only one who feels like that (by far), and Kru doesn't seem to be bothered by it. It's fully in their power to create an event that captures everyone's attention, leaves them hanging on every thread and wows them with its conclusion. I've seen how some of the player brains here work, most of us have. They've got plenty of ideas and proposed events that are AMAZING. People are planning and scheming stuff in every aspect of the game all the time. Nexus has never in it's history had a drought of inspiration and planning. The player-involvement makes sure of that. Kru just refuses to take advantage of that resource fully.

They refuse to create an event that FORCES us to play attention.

It would be far too inconvienent.

+Quote Post
Bellamuse
post Jul 25 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #28

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 20
Characters: Bellamuse, Momoshi, Andree, Setyu

QUOTE(LordDryn @ Jul 25 2006, 02:54 AM) [snapback]4648[/snapback]

I am so tired of simple little events thrown into simple little caves out of the way, so as not to cause any inconvenience to anyone. Nexus events haven't been events for a while now. They're just playgrounds that are opened temporarily. Even the shiny toys are boring.

I miss things actually happening. I miss being afraid of people, places and the various, supposedly intimidating, monsters that attack the kingdoms daily. I miss not knowing what's going to happen next; I miss anticipation. I miss the rallying sense of patriotism and unity that clan and countries felt when they were forced into action.

I miss the old events and I miss the guy in the black clothes with the handle-bar mustache.

The most annoying thing is I'm not the only one who feels like that (by far), and Kru doesn't seem to be bothered by it. It's fully in their power to create an event that captures everyone's attention, leaves them hanging on every thread and wows them with its conclusion. I've seen how some of the player brains here work, most of us have. They've got plenty of ideas and proposed events that are AMAZING. People are planning and scheming stuff in every aspect of the game all the time. Nexus has never in it's history had a drought of inspiration and planning. The player-involvement makes sure of that. Kru just refuses to take advantage of that resource fully.

They refuse to create an event that FORCES us to play attention.

It would be far too inconvienent.

That's a smart post. I wish I could be anticipating something when I log on Nexus. sad.gif
"Oh boy! Nexus time! I hope [enter evil villain name here] doesn't come slaughter me anonymously!"
instead of.
"Yay. Nexus time. I wonder who I'll stand next to today."

+Quote Post
BlackMob
post Jul 25 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #29

Enchanted

Member No.: 477
Characters: Qmob

it sucks its the reason for the server crash

+Quote Post
Michike
post Jul 25 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #30

Ee san
Group Icon

[rant on forum people]
Yay for making a final judgement on an event before it's over guys, honestly. You really shouldn't blame Kru for your lack of paying attention, the latest events have had a nice background to them as oposed to ooh pirates attack... again, or or oooooh.... more lost mines, or even badaboom Vortex. The Tree of reflections event had dragged on for months, I would hardly say that was a temporary opening of playgrounds, THE TREES WERE GONE, how's that for immersion or suspicion something might happen to your daily life ? You chose not to pay attention to that, it's honestly your loss for not appreciating what efforts are put in to make the background of Nexus and it's events interesting again. Then again NPC's need to say you have to "click" them nowadays for some people to actually understand, maybe hunting muscled their fingers soo much their brains lacked oxygen. I'm about certain this event isn't over and we've only seen a bit of the mongols.
[/rant on forum people]

Anyhow, I retract the statement of no major bugs since apparently they couldn't keep the servers stable for whatever reason (it's their job to keep them as stable as possible even if that means a reset every night).

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
KamiKazi
post Jul 25 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #31

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

Michike is correct.

This event by far is the most impressing of the late. Instead of whining, take it for what it is: The best event in a while.

So it has hunting in it, thats all you guys do anyways.

"OMMGZ I want to be l33t. Rage6MPA SEEKS HUNT LOL PLXXXX"

Get over it.

--------------------
This is my signature.

+Quote Post
koKura
post Jul 25 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #32

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 177

QUOTE(KamiKazi @ Jul 25 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]4684[/snapback]

Michike is correct.

This event by far is the most impressing of the late. Instead of whining, take it for what it is: The best event in a while.

So it has hunting in it, thats all you guys do anyways.

"OMMGZ I want to be l33t. Rage6MPA SEEKS HUNT LOL PLXXXX"

Get over it.

best event as of late? I dunno.. i thought the Triiofa event was pretty good. It at least had a lot more "roleplay" to it then this does - this is mostly just.. "item farming" as a friend of mine put it. It's not bad, but it's not great - they should have waited until they got whatever problems they are having with their servers fixed before having it.

--------------------
IPB Image

I also play WoW. SkullCrusher server, Horde faction.

+Quote Post
SterlingPK
post Jul 25 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #33

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 38

Hmmm.... An Invasion of the Nation... Except... THEY ONLY INVADED NAGNANGS WILDERNESS?!?! The Wind Invasion was a - REAL - Invasion. They invaded Clan halls and were within the kingdoms! That is an invasion... the mongols have done nothing yet of an invasion to my knowledge... KRU PLEASE Dont ruin the Mongol name in the History of the world. They were savage barbaric warriors who killed anyone in there way and took over anything in there path! Show there name what it is defined as, make the mongols something that goes down in history as grand as The Shattering! Dont make them just another event we forget 3 months after its end! I love Tedi/Hooje!

+Quote Post
TediAvenger
post Jul 25 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #34

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 88
Characters: TediAvenger

For those of you who said this event is the best recently, I strongly disagree. What part of this event actually required effort (unless you consider casting para 17 times on a monster effort dry.gif)? I want an event that requires THINKING and PLAYER INVOLVEMENT, not, as koKura's friend so eloquently put it, "item farming." I want to actually FEAR the enemies we go up against as well! There weren't any actual player enemies in this event, it was just the shiny mongols who dropped wool. Why did they carry wool anyway? Dropping metal would have made more sense than wool. The roleplayers are the backbone of the Nexus community, the power hunters just contribute to the numbers (and the economy I suppose dry.gif). I hope the next event or stage in this event is better planned than this one was.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Michike
post Jul 27 2006, 03:45 AM
Post #35

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE(TediAvenger @ Jul 25 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]4780[/snapback]

For those of you who said this event is the best recently, I strongly disagree. What part of this event actually required effort (unless you consider casting para 17 times on a monster effort dry.gif)? I want an event that requires THINKING and PLAYER INVOLVEMENT, not, as koKura's friend so eloquently put it, "item farming." I want to actually FEAR the enemies we go up against as well! There weren't any actual player enemies in this event, it was just the shiny mongols who dropped wool. Why did they carry wool anyway? Dropping metal would have made more sense than wool. The roleplayers are the backbone of the Nexus community, the power hunters just contribute to the numbers (and the economy I suppose dry.gif). I hope the next event or stage in this event is better planned than this one was.

And because powerhunters are not entitled to have events for them... but that's besides the point. If you really wanted to roleplay this event out further you could very easily. What if they were just preparing the real invasion ? I really really can not understand the grief towards this event in particular, this is not like the last Lost mines, now that was an "unplanned" event for powerhunters to be happy. You had a huge roleplay event with the Tree of Reflections which was extended over the course of several months (everything tied in together). I'll repeat, this is just whining for the sake of whining, judging an event based on one single stage before you even know if there are going to be other stages is crap.

Better planned, so tell me, what part is not correctly planned in this event, let's recap for you "hint at royal ball", "hint with Blight roaming the kingdoms with new items", "mini-eventquest (which would have required thinking if you didn't go through the stinking walkthrough) starting off with Gan being jealous of our Wind armors when you ask him about Blight", "Event Cave" ? The only thing that I feel wasn't planned correctly is the server stability issue, but then again, do you plan on server crashes ?

I've spent a couple of hours in the event cave, item farming and weee hunting isn't exactly my piece of cake either. I took the event cave for what it is though, a place where Blight went to gather items as defined by the previous roleplay around the event. The fact of why oh why do Mongolians carry wool and cloth (and also Metal I might add) is honestly not of my concern, if they want to keep warm in the Woodlands, that's their problem. All we know is that there were "scouts" all over the woodlands and a "camp" in the center of it. There is no problem with the "roleplay" behind this event if you choose to see it. Even if the event ends here : We've kept the Mongolians from invading our Kingdoms, esteem yourself lucky that thanks to Blight we've found the encampment in due time as in "before they invaded any town". Given, I'll be disappointed too if that were the case, but not to the degree that I'ld say this was poor planning, I'ld much rather say "this was poor inspiration, the event had much more potential".

Not every event has to be a huge event with player involvement even if I prefer that to be the case as well. Next all you'll want is better and bigger. I think the event is still better then the Death of Yuri tongue.gif. The best "recently" however was the Tree of Reflections event.

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.

+Quote Post
TediAvenger
post Jul 27 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #36

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 88
Characters: TediAvenger

QUOTE(Michike @ Jul 27 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]5010[/snapback]

And because powerhunters are not entitled to have events for them...

NEVER!! RAWR!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pyogenes
post Jul 27 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #37

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Characters: Superman, Batman, umm.... Superman.

QUOTE(Pyogenes @ Jul 22 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]4156[/snapback]

-No MAJOR bugs

In light of recent events over the past few days, I retract this statement.
It seems I spoke too soon. laugh.gif

--------------------
Shh... I'm lurking...

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Jul 28 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #38

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

We've kept the Mongolians from invading our Kingdoms, esteem yourself lucky that thanks to Blight we've found the encampment in due time as in "before they invaded any town".

Uh....thanks? I find fault with Blight for having brought the Mongols to us. If he hadn't have been so hungry for new items the Mongols wouldn't have shown up. I will never give thanks to him for "showing" us the camp. Blight is a selfish warlord only interested in his people and caring nothing for any other people. Not a very civilized person.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Sebelle
post Jul 29 2006, 04:08 AM
Post #39

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

I thought the enemies were really interesting, and I like the items. The story was alright, having everything center on the sword was pretty odd -- it seemed like the Mongol invasion kind've came out of nowhere.

I had issues with the AI (I hate paralyzing 20 times to get it to stick tongue.gif), but other then that my only other issue was the maps. The tents were all different, but that with the field areas just didn't interest me much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jul 29 2006, 06:02 AM
Post #40

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Here's a thought... when people perpetually complain, no matter what they're given, perhaps there's a problem to be looked into.

Most people don't whine just for whining's sake. It's a symptom of a problem. The bigger problem with the game is the people who accept what's given to them without questioning it, and praise every tiny scrap of effort from Kru, just because even that is so rare. We should not be happy with poor quality just because it's what we're usually given.

Oh yes, and in response to Michike saying, "ooh pirates attack... again, or or oooooh.... more lost mines, or even badaboom Vortex." All three of those events were interesting. Although Pirates and the Lost Mines have become overdone (and oversimplified) in the past they have had complex and interesting stories, as well as decent backstories. As for the vortex, the build-up to its release was many months, almost a year long, beginning with the Mythic War, in which Nagnag began gathering components to resurrect ChiZao, and ending after the Anniversary in which we removed so much earth from the area where ChiZao's tomb had been, that the ground collapsed and revealed the vortex.

Now, recent events have had long build-ups, indeed, but not interesting ones. Do you know what event had significant build-up, an interesting backstory, and a huge climax? The Shattering. Do you know how long all of the build-up took? Less than a month. Do you know how long the climax was? About a week. The Shattering was a very short event compared to many that are held these days, but it was great. And back then, you were pretty much guaranteed at least one large event per month. Now, we have one tiny piece of an event every two weeks, leading to a mediocre climax after a few months, all with poor roleplaying, and little to no historical accuracy. The old events may have had a shorter build-up, and not lasted quite so long, but every minute was more interesting and fun than a day of these more recent ones.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:18 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.