> Cracking The Rabbit Races, Uncovering the algorythm
solman
post Nov 11 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #61

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 104

Alright I understand your point in your example with the coin toss.. I really do. My point was there could be other variables that you can encounter that you may of not realized. For example, my ilbon knife secret that I don't know if anybody has figured out yet has multiple variables that people probably don't even realize that are related.

As far as the rabbit races though, I have never participated in this so I don't know how to interpret a pattern because I can't see any variables. I would suggest try around totem times, doing it in multiple states (IE scourage and so forth). Try to see what could possibly influence your pattern you think you have. It won't take long to crack the pattern because nexon never tried very hard to hide such a thing.

Oh and for the record it is rarely timmed by an internal clock but rather the game clock. Meaning your totem times. Which basically means things are a little faster since 1 yuri = 45 days.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ffyll
post Dec 18 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #62

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,415
Characters: Ffyll

aOkay... This might be a little nerdy, but over a vacation two of my friends and I recorded over 4 days of straight rabbit races numbers... No repeats.

If this is the case, then I suspect it's not random. You would expect, after so many races, at least one of them to have the same results. In fact, using the birthday alogrythm, it's almost certain!

If it's based on a list, ie, the list of every possible combinations and every race just moves to the next combo, then someone needs to record the entire cycle of results and then verify it by repeating the cycle. This is quite expensive. But, it many players, over the course of some weeks, submit results, then there should be at least some overlap if it is based on a list.

But really, why would you want to do this? As soon as it's cracked the economy will crash, and it'll be changed smile.gif

--------------------

What a great front you got here...
... with Ffyll
-- Moraghul, whilst hosting an insanity Bloodlust line-up, carefully examines the front lines!

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Dec 18 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #63

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Characters: Bless

QUOTE(Ffyll @ Dec 18 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]21450[/snapback]

If this is the case, then I suspect it's not random. You would expect, after so many races, at least one of them to have the same results. In fact, using the birthday alogrythm, it's almost certain!

If it's based on a list, ie, the list of every possible combinations and every race just moves to the next combo, then someone needs to record the entire cycle of results and then verify it by repeating the cycle. This is quite expensive. But, it many players, over the course of some weeks, submit results, then there should be at least some overlap if it is based on a list.

But really, why would you want to do this? As soon as it's cracked the economy will crash, and it'll be changed smile.gif

I think by "not repeating" he meant there is no discernible pattern, not that there are never two trials in a row with the same result.

I would suggest try around totem times, doing it in multiple states (IE scourage and so forth).

I doubt that Nexon would have programmed it to take into account all those things when they could just use a random function, considering their well known laziness.

+Quote Post
SungKen
post Dec 18 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #64

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

Solman... you comment on this 'ilbon secret' if this could help to solve the riddle... why do you not share this with all of us?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
blragh
post Dec 20 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #65

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 165

one person winning every rabbit race they bet on ruining the entire monitary community? when there's already people with saken rings and sun type armors running around like its nothing? hardly. more power to you pie man. also I have no useful data to report.

--------------------
[Signature removed.]

+Quote Post
Adam
post Dec 21 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #66

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 574
Characters: Jesus Christ, Allah, Jehovah... And Satan.

QUOTE(blragh @ Dec 20 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]21715[/snapback]
also I have no useful data to report.

Atta boy.

--------------------
I'm too legit. Ask your nieces and your nephews, I'm the shhh... Be quiet! Cursing's not allowed.

+Quote Post
SungKen
post Dec 21 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #67

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

QUOTE(KaN @ Dec 21 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]21746[/snapback]

Atta boy.

Kan... you have no useful information in your entire head... so no more talking for you ok?

Anyways... I was playing around and I was practicing the races with scourge on, and I seemed to get more wins... however I only had time to do 6 races before sc and 6 after sc
before:
1 w
2 l
3 l
4 l
5 l
6w

after sc:
1 l
2 l
3 w
4 w
5 w
6 w

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Dec 21 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #68

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Characters: Bless

From a statistic point of view, 6 trials do not really show anything. It would take a lot more to prove any solid difference.

+Quote Post
Ishman
post Dec 21 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #69

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 126

Even then, you can still only demonstrate a correlation, or lack thereof, between scourge and win-loss ratio. There isn't enough data to prove that scourge has any real effect.

+Quote Post
stabme
post Dec 22 2006, 02:07 AM
Post #70

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

scourge...

i hate all of you.

Anyways... I was playing around and I was practicing the races with scourge on, and I seemed to get more wins... however I only had time to do 6 races before sc and 6 after sc
before:
1 w
2 l
3 l
4 l
5 l
6w

after sc:
1 l
2 l
3 w
4 w
5 w
6 w

especially you

--------------------
IMEDIAT: I am the Lixir! I speak for the Wars!
I no longer Elixir or draw Imediat. I now help make music free for all: Grooveshark

+Quote Post
TaiPatron
post Dec 22 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #71

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 474
Characters: TaiPatron

ALright ive been playing rqbbit races forever, even since i was bann the day it came out for betting -9999 repeadedly to make 14mil+ items.

Anyways, that was all dealt with.

So, what Ive learned from rabbit races are thattttt its all pure luck.

With thunder in #1 you cant go wrong

Archon in #4 is 50/50
Running wind in 3 is a gooder.. and i never really see floppy or socks win..
Ohyeah forrest is good in 3 too.

But other then that... its random.

Ive seen a rabbit win, when they glitched off the feild, or wer ein 2nd place. So maybe its already all set in the server. :\

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ishman
post Dec 23 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #72

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 126

Of course it's all done by the server. Entropy is gathered from the hardware. In fact, I discussed this earlier in the thread... See me for more information on the random number generator. I realize the post is specific to a different topic as I was attempting to prove a point; but, the basic workings of the RNG are illustrated nonetheless.

P.S. Luck is a myth.

+Quote Post
LEET
post Jan 8 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #73

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

The rabbits move a certain ammount of steps per second. YOU WILL NOT CRACK IT.

I've tried.

+Quote Post
Topher
post Mar 1 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #74

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 1,821

I doubt this will ever be figured out, and If it does get figured out kru will quickly change it and you'll be back trying to figure it out, as for "solmans ilbon secret" thats a crock of [content removed].

+Quote Post
solman
post Mar 1 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #75

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

I have proven my ilbon knife secret works time and time again. I refuse to teach anybody this secret for 1 reason... You all give me no credit for any of my findings to begin with, so this is the only way I can have 1 up on the community in general. Soon as this is released I will be given no credit for discovering this and just be laughed upon.

Far as it being cracked and Kru doing something about it.. Are you serious? Just about anything you find random in any game is not random. Theres always ways to crack it. I gave you ideas to attempt and try to crack codes. This is how I can figure the game could relate to the server personally. Keep in mind when you click to bet, your sending your own personal information into the game. This is what influences the results. This isn't something Kru can program. This is something in general any random generator does. I don't care what kind of machine your talking about. It will pull as much diffrent type of data as possible. Now again I haven't played so I could not test this. I have never even attempted them. Sounds to me if the scourage thing works its a will-grace and ac thing personally. You figure out the formula with it you have it. Again its just per speculation.. Try a few diffrent options. Use valor during this time. Combine spells then play. Maybe when Sc your clicking when its every even number for a win... Maybe its every square root? Who knows..

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
stabme
post Mar 4 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #76

Sam san
Group Icon

guys, solman's right. i just looked at nexon's code...
CODE
if (character.weapon().name().compareTo("Ilbon knife") == 0)
{
     miniGame.game(g).rabbit(r).modifyChance((double).7);
} else {
     miniGame.game(g).rabbit(r).modifyChance((double).2);
}

--------------------
I no longer Elixir or draw Imediat. I now help make music free for all: Grooveshark

+Quote Post
Lucifer
post Mar 5 2007, 02:35 AM
Post #77

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 549
Characters: Lucifer

QUOTE(stabme @ Mar 4 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]28005[/snapback]

guys, solman's right. i just looked at nexon's code...
CODE
if (character.weapon().name().compareTo("Ilbon knife") == 0)
{
     miniGame.game(g).rabbit(r).modifyChance((double).7);
} else {
     miniGame.game(g).rabbit(r).modifyChance((double).2);
}

i dont know any programming but i can tell you are making fun of solman and that is funny

--------------------
IPB Image
questionable image deleted

+Quote Post
stabme
post Mar 5 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #78

Sam san
Group Icon

sorry, someone tricked me. i was wondering why their code looked like they used java...
heres the right code

CODE
20667 IF weapen[CHAR][37] == "Ilbon Knife" AND naime[CHAR][2] == "SolMAN" THEN
20668     miniGameData2_CHANCE[6] = 0.7
20669 ELSE
20670     miniGameData2_CHANCE[6] = 0.2
20671 ENDIF

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sitira
post Mar 5 2007, 03:30 AM
Post #79

Peasant

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 1,938
Characters: Sitira

"Often the most complex questions have the most simple answers."

Those of you that continue to search for the specific pattern to the races, I'll tell you this. They likely use a shuffle mode style pattern, in other words, it is controlled randomization of a set of variable events, each chosen based upon the previous occasions, resulting in an enormous chain of random patterns which seem unconnected untill studied closely. Each "pattern" if you will, will never be repeated untill all other possible patterns are achieved and then they are repeated in a random fasion, resulting in a completely unpredictable outcome of events, unless you've studied every possible pattern and chain of patterns the races have to offer, which would require at least a solid year of constantly observing, and collecting data to determine what all possible variables there are and which pattern chain it is using at the given time. Hence, it's not worth it in the long run as you will lose more real money then the in game money is worth.

--------------------
Sworn to defend Koguryo at all costs...

+Quote Post
Gokku
post Mar 5 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #80

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 79

QUOTE(stabme @ Mar 5 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]28063[/snapback]

CODE
... AND naime[CHAR][2] == ...

Did you mean they also make typos even in their code!!

--------------------

Swift sonGokku ..........Panoply Gokku .............Mage Kenzo

Retired from Nexus!

Repeat after me: Nexus is only a game ... Nexus is only a game ... Nexus is only a game ...Nexus is only a game! ...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.