IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can The Item Shop Save Nexus?, Lets get an estimate of how successful the K-shop is
Kruna!!!!
Have you ever purchased Kruna with real monayz?
Yes [ 53 ] ** [64.63%]
No [ 29 ] ** [35.37%]
How Much RL $ Do You Spend On Kruna?
I don't buy Kruna [ 33 ] ** [40.24%]
$1-5 a year [ 7 ] ** [8.54%]
$6-10 a year [ 8 ] ** [9.76%]
$11-30 a year [ 15 ] ** [18.29%]
$31-60 a year [ 6 ] ** [7.32%]
$61-100 a year [ 7 ] ** [8.54%]
By jove, More than $100 you scallywag, where is my monopolyman monocle? [ 6 ] ** [7.32%]
Do you think the Item Shop is/can save nexus?
Yes [ 57 ] ** [69.51%]
No [ 25 ] ** [30.49%]
Total Votes: 82
Guests cannot vote 
MainAttraction
post Dec 30 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 13,050

I'm curious as to how much people actually sepnd on the Item Shop. I have a sneaking suspicion that most people hardly spend any money on a yearly basis on Kruna and instead accumulate the free kruna you get for registering and events and use that to feed their passion for fashion. This will obviously be a small sample but hopefully it will add some insight into how successful the shop actually is and if it can keep the game and its dwindling numbers affloat.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Dec 30 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

I think the item shop is save Nexus.

+1 for "By jove" though.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Dec 30 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

QUOTE (MainAttraction @ Dec 30 2009, 11:58 AM) *
I'm curious as to how much people actually sepnd on the Item Shop. I have a sneaking suspicion that most people hardly spend any money on a yearly basis on Kruna and instead accumulate the free kruna you get for registering and events and use that to feed their passion for fashion. This will obviously be a small sample but hopefully it will add some insight into how successful the shop actually is and if it can keep the game and its dwindling numbers affloat.

That's not how stats works. Most forum polls can only effectively determine the forums perceptions.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
Skum
post Dec 30 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #4

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

I do spend money on Kruna, usually about another $10/month after my registration either for packages, or World shouts and restorations, and the occasional coat or mount.

One of the things that will not be reflected in this poll is the relatively small, yet significant, portion of the population that spends a HUGE amount on Kruna each month. For instance, I know at least 3 people who must spend almost $50/month on Kruna, based on the fact that they buy lots of items each time things are rolled out, and also buy Kruna codes as prizes for events and whatnot. Also, especially this month, there are lots of people who spent $30 or more and bought dozens of packages to sell in-game.

For the last question, I said yes, because Kruna represents a relative large influx of cash. Taking the above into consideration, I doubt that it would be unreasonable to say that ON AVERAGE, each player spends at least $5 on Kruna, which would mean that Item shop purchases would account for almost a third of KRU's overall cashflow.

In the end, although I do believe that it would radically change Nexus (and not for the better), I could see Nexus switching to a free subscription with useful/needed items sold in the item shop. While it would allow Nexus to continue as a viable business, I doubt that it would be conducive to the overall feel and tradition of the game

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michike
post Dec 30 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

No, I never purchased Kruna with Real money.
No I'm not buying coupons.

I have thousands of free Kruna on my accounts, I really don't see the added value of it. There is a wide array of clothing available in game, there's millions of ways to personalize your character, why pay more...
I prefer to play games not buy my way through them.

No I don't think it can save Nexus. It could however create another game based on Nexus for Kru to make profit from. When items will be more usefull in the sense of repairs and so on, the game will change as pointed out by Skum. There's no saving the Nexus we know. Can only hope for a free version with income from experience scrolls in the item shop. tongue.gif

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Dec 30 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

If you want real results, this needs to be tested from the user pages, and even that won't be an accurate count. I imagine the item shop earns lots per month, especially when the big ticket releases come out like wings, where people buy the chance at an item with kruna and sell it for gold.

The item shop will keep it alive far longer than it would have made it without it.

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
Styledatol
post Dec 31 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #7

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

They still haven't released the Experience scrolls (DA players will know what I mean); which means they haven't used their 'big gunz'. Kru's probably satisfied with the money the shop brings them atm. Karuna most definitely prolonged the game's lifespan.

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Dec 31 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #8

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I usually have enough kruna from my autorenewal to buy equipment repairs and world shouts. Occasionally I'll buy kruna for some costume event or some really cute outfit. I think the Item Shop has the potential to save the game. If I had the disposable income, I would buy more of it.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jan 6 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #9

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

For a long time I got by on my free kruna, buying a mount and a mantiya and a few other things over a couple of years. I finally caved and spent $10 to get a wool bag a couple of months ago.

As for saving Nexus... it certainly provides supplementary income. I don't know how much, or if the game would go under without it, but it's certainly an incentive for Kru to keep it going.

+Quote Post
Brea
post Jan 7 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #10

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 447

I buy $10 worth of kruna every so often. Maybe once every few months. I usually only use it for world shouts, equip restores, and - very rarely - for an outfit/accessory of some sort. At first the item shop bugged me since Nexus is already pay-to-play, but now I don't mind it so much. Just as long as they never add any massively game-altering items a la most free-to-play games, like 2x exp scrolls that last for a set time period or something... (Can you imagine how much money Kru would make off of that though? Hot damn.)

Also, like others said, I definitely think the item shop will keep Nexus around for much longer than it would have been without it.

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Jan 9 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #11

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

I think Itemshop already saved Nexus. Didn't think that system would work in Nexus but it did ... weird.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Feb 20 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

I have never, and will never, buy any kruna with my money.

For what? A fur coat? Oh that's nice...

Not worth it. 10 bucks a month is already too much!

However, I do think that without the Kruna shop and Indonesians Nexus would have already been down the tubes a long time ago.

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 11 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #13

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I like the Item shop and Indonesians!

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Mar 11 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #14

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

How to save nexus:
- Step 1 Make it free to play
- Step 2 Repeat step 1

--------------------

+Quote Post
TilakTkkch
post Mar 11 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #15

Level 99

Member No.: 1,371
Characters: Tilak

The way the item shop is going to be implemented in Robosmasher is absolutely brilliant.

I got some trial Qro for being a level 15'er tester and it just brings the fun.

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Mar 13 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #16

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

I am sure the item shop is playing a role in keeping nexus alive. Its an easy way to make money. I am sure they are making enough as well that they don't need to put in stuff like 2x exp, items with stats etc.

I don't get why so many people are against the item shop.. almost every game out there has one.. any company would be stupid to NOT implement one. blink.gif

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Mar 13 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #17

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

QUOTE (AllyGator @ Mar 11 2010, 04:20 AM) *
I like the Item shop and Indonesians!

Yeah, anyone who likes playing nexus damn-well better =P

QUOTE (Musoyan)
I am sure the item shop is playing a role in keeping nexus alive. Its an easy way to make money. I am sure they are making enough as well that they don't need to put in stuff like 2x exp, items with stats etc.

I don't get why so many people are against the item shop.. almost every game out there has one.. any company would be stupid to NOT implement one.

Agreed. It's only the people living in the past...

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post
MainAttraction
post Mar 13 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,050

I don't know if I am living in the past, I believe in item shops and micro transactions, but I just didn't think what was being offered was worth it especially because of the free kruna you'd recieve per month. About a third of the population agree with me (atleast those polled). Once again don't misconstrue that as the item shop idea sucks, I just think the way its implemented is terrible.

--------------------
"you know nexus? ya, I used to kiss a lot of deer butts in that game."
CONRO WATCH: DAY 2 --"I heard he's already playing on a noob in Tangun"

+Quote Post
ToRaToRa
post Mar 15 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #19

Enchanted

Member No.: 13,144

Item shop is definitely making more money during new package release than monthly registration code.

Every single customer will only spend $10 monthly on registration. Most would spend $20 if they have 2 accounts to register.
But Kruna item give a bigger chance for KRU to raking more money every month from each player.

I've spent roughly $20 a month for world shout, and repair. I am also buying friends item restore from time to time.

During package released, I am spending about $100 (3x 3300) and making profit out of that.
Getting about 10-15m profit from each new package released, also its depend on what packages I am getting as well.
I am also spending about $100 during Christmas/ Easter to buy kruna gift for friends.

I probably have spent over 10 years of worth of registration code, since the kruna store been released..

Can the item shop save Nexus? The answer is probably yes for now. But in the long term, it's also depend on the content of the game itself..

When the new map/release is not satisfactory. I will be leaving, and moving on to another game.

Will one person leaving effect the company?
Probably not but a few more of big kruna spender leaving the game will hurt KRU.
After all I am spending over $700 a year on kruna itself which equivalent to 70 people worth of registration.

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Delamay
post Mar 18 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #20

Level 5

Member No.: 1,720

If Nexus wants to survive from the item shop, they will have to appeal to a larger population. I personally think the combination of item shop and subscription is culling the potential of this game.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:54 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.