IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Subpaths Have You Been In?, Hidden message: how nerdy are you?
How many subpaths have you been in?
How Many Overall?
Just One [ 12 ] ** [27.27%]
Two-Three [ 14 ] ** [31.82%]
Four-Five [ 10 ] ** [22.73%]
Six-Seven [ 7 ] ** [15.91%]
Eight-Nine [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Ten-Eleven [ 1 ] ** [2.27%]
All Twelve! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
And How Many Simultaneously?
1 [ 13 ] ** [29.55%]
2 [ 11 ] ** [25.00%]
3 [ 13 ] ** [29.55%]
4 [ 5 ] ** [11.36%]
5+ [ 2 ] ** [4.55%]
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
Rhew
post Sep 6 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 60
Characters: Rhew, Deimh

Seeing as I've been playing for seven or eight years (on and off, I took one- and two-year breaks), I've chalked up many a subpaths. In this order:

Chongun
Muse - Twice, almost thrice
Shaman
Druid
Geomancer
Ranger
Monk

I've been a student in various other subpaths but didn't follow through for whatever reasons.

My favourite paths, in terms of the people and activity were Muse in the 20s-30s, Druid in the 40s-50s, and Geomancer currently.

Simultaneously the most subpaths I've ever been in was three. Muse, Chongun, Shaman. I find handling more than two to be a bit overwhelming, one always gets ignored. Currently, I'm in two.

So, where've you been?

PS: I am referring to PC subpaths. I've only been in one NPC, like four times, which is Baekho tongue.gif

--------------------
Geomancers!!!!!
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dritz
post Sep 6 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 37
Characters: PyroAce

Two and Two. I'm currently a Chongun and a Muse.

--------------------
There I was

+Quote Post
PIEMINISTER
post Sep 6 2006, 08:52 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 531

Diviner, Geomancer, Druid, Monk, Muse, Do, Chongun, Barbarian, Spy, Ranger, and Merchant.

All but Shaman.

It would be nice to still have all of them like you could in a World of Warcraft set up but oh no not here! So I have to diversify and spontaneiously change my roleplay from time to time.

I only made it into a Subpath twice pre-quota.
I made it into a path within 24 hours of character creation: 2 times
'' within 1 week: 5
" within 2 weeks: 1
" within 1 month: 1

I had my most fun roleplaying and working into a path of choice pre-quota, it was more about face to face actual quests and adventures then a Mail tag extravaganza about really boring this.

+Quote Post
Aelis
post Sep 6 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 84

Muse path was my first path. I have alts in three more subpaths though one is a personal bank alt that doesn't do much. For the other two, one is active the other is so so active. However the elders of those paths know who they are and understand why.

When I eventually step down I do plan on being more active in those other paths.

+Quote Post
Sebelle
post Sep 7 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

Geomancer
Shaman
Muse
Merchant

Old Sebelle was a Geo, but he was purged years back, I think in 2000/2001.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iter
post Sep 7 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #6

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 166
Characters: Tiker, Celeriter, Kenjo, Blackmorrow, Mabon

Or...Hidden Message: How dedicated are you? (simultaneous question) ;p

I've been in 3 paths:

+Pretty much stumbled into the Monk path staying there not too long (Yuri 35-37?ish), abandoning for dumb reasons.

+Was a Spy twice, first stumbled into it during the first 'real quota' for 30 members (Yuri 45-48); second time worked under (and impressed) a friend of an alternate character, revealing myself after being walked to his surprise (Yuri 65ish). This time, however, I went to college at the end of the summer of '04 and didn't really keep TK up; popped in the following January, eventually got purged the following May.

+Was a Shadow once after a long time of aspiration, Yuri 47-48; abandoned the path the night of the disbanding.

And, I was a Spy and a Shadow at the same time. That was a little tricky... rolleyes.gif I tried aspiring to Do after Y48, before my second spy, but found I didn't really like their style. Pursued Shaman once (or twice?), but never really put my energy into it.

+Quote Post
Gokku
post Sep 7 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #7

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 79

How about: 0 and 0! and hopefully it will stay that way until all subpaths turn NPC!

Yes, as you have guessed already, I am anti-PC wink.gif

--------------------

Swift sonGokku ..........Panoply Gokku .............Mage Kenzo

Retired from Nexus!

Repeat after me: Nexus is only a game ... Nexus is only a game ... Nexus is only a game ...Nexus is only a game! ...

+Quote Post
BeffyCabeza
post Sep 7 2006, 04:09 AM
Post #8

NA Database Editor
Group Icon

Group: Nexus Atlas Development
Member No.: 322
Characters: BeffyCabeza/SkoGul

Been in Subpaths: 3

Shaman
Barbarian
Druid

I currently am really dedicated in Shaman. Which takes a toll on my little ones. However, both Elders know who I am, and understand why I'm MiA.

I trained for Shaman, gah..about 6 months. I got walked in Dec 03' and have been there ever since. Been a guide there since Jan 05. (Took a 3 wk vacation which is why my Legend has Guide, Yuri 81 [I tried to quit nexus..didn't work])

I've been in Barb, about a year and 1/2.

Druid, probably around 3 months so far.

Never been NPC, never plan on it.

--------------------
Take a number, I'm sure I've annoyed someone today.

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Sep 7 2006, 04:22 AM
Post #9

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

Two, and really only on technicality. Obviously, Merchant first and foremost. The other was a Chongun under Vlad for quota purposes. I logged on maybe 10 times total.

Kind of weird looking back on it, in terms of PC subpaths, all I have ever really known and cared to truly know was being a Merchant. It isn't a matter of dedication, that is where my heart and mind lie. It was kind of annoying in some ways, knowing that even if I did join other paths, and no matter how neat or cool I thought it could be, that in the end I would never really get as much out of it as I did being a Merchant. In other ways though, it was gratifying putting all the effort I did into the path just knowing that I could give enough back for what I got out of it. Regardless of anyone remembering who I am for accomplishments in game, because I really don't care about being an icon in a game that will die soon enough sadly, I do hope that for the most part, the people who were really looking for the real PC experience (not just OMG THERE IS A QUOTA WE CAN ALL RUN IN AND RUIN SUBPATHS NOW WOOOO!), that those people in Merchants enjoyed stuff I worked on.

I guess now its just kind of funny to me that even after being elder twice, guide for forever, etc., and playing those roles in the ever-dwindling RP community, that I didn't join any other subpaths. Not for lack of trying sometimes either (a certain former monk elder barred Falaris entrance from the path, I still don't know why, especially when he still acts nice to me to my face).

Ah well, good times.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corath
post Sep 7 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 31
Characters: Corath, Halanna, Aemon, CorJr

I've been in... 6... unsure.gif Diviner, Shaman, Geomancer, Barbarian, Do, and Muse. Three simultaneously... yeah. I'm actually not very proud of that. Except for my Barbarian and my Do, they were separate characters after I deleted my Barbarian for some stupid reason. tongue.gif For Corath, he's been in every path except Ju jak, and I still hate the fact that I did that. Well... mostly. I'm glad that I met so many great people, but I don't like the fact that I thought the grass was greener on the other side. Well, at least I now know that Diviner's the path for me. tongue.gif

--------------------
I play World of Warcraft. Thrall-NA server, Horde faction.

Corath's Blog - randomness about World of Warcraft and beyond.

+Quote Post
Conti
post Sep 7 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #11

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 69

Four and Four

Muse was my First Subpath (took me 2 weeks to get walked after audition - My Guide Tanaqui was very impressed by my quick training)
Shaman was my Second Subpath (took me 4 months studing under Izabella before I was walked and 1 year before I was a "Full shaman" and received my tattoo)
Ranger was my Third Subpath (was being Guided in Shadows but never walked they split before I was walked) (after changing guides 3 times and 7 months of training I finally became a ranger, with in the Year I made Guide. Takes a bit of my time)
Barbarian as my Fourth and Final Subpath (this was probably the hardest one for me to get into not because it was difficult but I had so many issues with guides going MIA and then of course my Duties as a Ranger Scout Master and Guide made it next to impossible to finish all my trials but I did)

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
KamiKazi
post Sep 7 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #12

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

I got walked into chonguns on my first character Caradoc(Yuri 57-58)
then I created WhisperWind and joined the Rangers(got walked around 60 or 61)
I left Rangers and re-joined around Yuri 65

then I Created another Warrior named SiYu and joined Chonguns again with him.

after that I created a mage named CannonBall and became a Geomancer with him.

then on WHisperWind I left rangers -again- around yuri 81? (not sure)

and I"m trying to get back into Rangers on WhisperWind-again.

--------------------
This is my signature.

+Quote Post
Rhianwyn
post Sep 7 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #13

Level 99

Member No.: 381

Five and four.

Diviner ~ first I was ever in, as Alandra, years ago.

Muse ~ my first subpath on Rhianwyn. I later had Muses by the names of Narayana and Sheris (Sheris was purged with Rhi) and currently have RhiRhi.

Monk ~ as Rhianwyn, for something like 4+1/2 years or something, 4 of those as a guide.

Shaman ~ Anatuyen (purged with Rhi).

Spy ~ I had a "no one" Spy (purged with Rhi)... as in, no one really knew her, or knew me as her, at all. I'm currently working on another nobody rogue, but she's not a Spy at the moment.

Monk, Muse, Shaman, and Spy were simultaneous at one point or another.

~Rhi

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Sep 7 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

One.

I was never one to jump characters all the time. Not to mention I started when you only had 1 character per account unless you paid a fee to get another. So I never really bothered with any other characters when that was changed to the 4 character accounts.

I was walked into the Chongun roughly the first week of September 2001 ((.. oh god 5 years already >.<.... 1 year as a walker, 2 years as a guide, almost 2 years now as an Elder)) during CinderZ's short Eldership. Never had any interest in any other path either. *shrugs* It's just who I am I guess.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Sephyrson
post Sep 7 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #15

Enchanted

Member No.: 41
Characters: Sephyrson, CrimsonBlade, Ragnorak

been in: Geo, shaman, ranger, chongun

Studied under: all...but do and spy . and studied as a shadow (Yea, I was accepted as a student 2 days before they disbanded)

Max ever been in : 2.... ranger and chongun

Currently in: 1, shaman

-Seph

--------------------
Memento Mori

+Quote Post
Kiyoji
post Sep 7 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #16

Level 5

Member No.: 195

I've been, in no particular order:

-Shaman (on two characters: Kiyoji and Calligenia)
-Geomancer (Kiyoji again)
-Diviner (twice, on two characters)
-Muse (twice, on two characters: Amaterasu - deleted long ago - and Zyza)
-Merchant (alcyone)
-Chongun (Michyko)

Most simultaneously was 4: Shaman, Diviner, Merchant, and Muse.

Also have persued Monk and Do but never really had the focus for either of the characters concerned to go too far.

I've more or less enjoyed my stay in all the respective paths. But Shaman has always been the most fun. The friendliest people, however, are the Geomancers. Before I eventually left the last time (there may be another return on the horizon), I toyed with the idea of making another mage to pursue them again, but I don't have the patience for starting a character over.

+Quote Post
ParrotOne
post Sep 7 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #17

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 112
Characters: ParrotOne, Relina

1 and 1.

The only subpath I ever felt interest in was Shaman.
I trained under Widget for about 2 months, was walked in July of '05.
Became a Grave Robbers host, then Head Grave Robbers host, then trained as a guide for a few months, eventually became a guide in July '06.
Guide only lasted 2 months for me...I decided that concentrating on my classes and keeping my social life was a lot more important to me than Nexus. Call me crazy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KamiKazi
post Sep 7 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

Replying to ParrotOne especially =)

Yea, I like the Rangers a lot,
even though I do have a Geomancer, I'm still usually on my ex-ranger(for now at least!). Mainly because I like his RP, and the Ranger RP

All I have known is pretty much the Rangers, since Yuri 60-61.
All I can say is, if you've joined a subpath twice and left it three times and are joining it again(not for spells or anything) you probably like that subpath smile.gif

So yea, I'm very apt to the Rangers.

<3

--------------------
This is my signature.

+Quote Post
Michike
post Sep 8 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #19

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

1 and 1. The way I view things I don't think it's possible to be in two paths simultaneously and do what is required to keep that path great. Pretty much like SilentS I stick to one character. I've never grown much interest into anything different then Rangers for the simple fact that ever since I was walked in there I've been having fun in there.

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
Kuromei
post Sep 12 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #20

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 727

none... i would expect that to change in the future however...

--------------------
IPB Image
who.. am i...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:03 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.