Grand Cross
post Mar 5 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #1

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

I was wondering if someone could tell me more about the XmY damage numbers and how they are entered into damage formulas.

Also, what enemies are small and what enemies are large?

What I'm looking for at the moment is a damage comparison between the 99 Pirate warrior weapon and the Plasmic Substratum.

The 99 Pirate warrior weapon stats is here: http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/gc-dqn/99warwep.gif
Plasmic substratum: http://www.nexusatlas.com/photo/newspics/p...tratumstats.gif

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mirado
post Mar 5 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 146

I think it's been pretty much deduced that there are no "Large" creatures.

+Quote Post
Hugen
post Mar 6 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,467

QUOTE(Grand Cross @ Mar 5 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]28173[/snapback]

I was wondering if someone could tell me more about the XmY damage numbers and how they are entered into damage formulas.

Also, what enemies are small and what enemies are large?

What I'm looking for at the moment is a damage comparison between the 99 Pirate warrior weapon and the Plasmic Substratum.

The 99 Pirate warrior weapon stats is here: http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/gc-dqn/99warwep.gif
Plasmic substratum: http://www.nexusatlas.com/photo/newspics/p...tratumstats.gif

Thanks in advance.

Check out one of the other threads in this forum for more explanation of the damage formula. The "Rage/Cunning (download)" is a good one, and may even still have downloadable worksheets out there.

I never found a Large enemy, and believe me, I looked. I tried enemies that looked Large (Ogres, Mantises, Mythic bosses), and all of them used the "S" range damages.

Strike strength comparisons, even of the "Is weapon A better than weapon B?" variety that you are requesting can vary between Warrior subpaths due to Ingress differences. CR's, for example, get more mileage out of DAM than do Chonguns. I have performed the following calculations assuming the level 70 Warrior Ingress is used. I have also assumed front shots and a Rage1 (8x) fury. Base Might and Dam are 150 and 15 prior to weapon modifications. The values are the Mid-Point damages from a uniform damage distribution.

1923 Spike

1886 Event weapon

2089 Plasmic substratum

2181 Titanium blade

2481 Polearm

The event weapon was clearly balanced versus the Spike and not the other stronger hitting weapon choices available to a 99 Warrior. (Of course, an Enchanted spike will do much better, hitting for 2223.)

+Quote Post
PureLight
post Apr 10 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 257

The Plasmic substratum is better all around. It deals more damage per swing, also the -hit of the Kagum Xu means you will be hitting less often. On top of that unless you are just straight up Warrior you can use the additional Mana given by the Plasmic. Even further if you are using the weapon to solo (one of the only reasons to use a non-polearm the vita addition of the Kagum Xu is less effective than the +80 regen given by the Plasmic substratum, because THAT much regen will effectively make you regen as if you had at LEAST 1k more vita beginning at like 15k vita and on top of that. The only thing that the Kagum Xu has on the Plasmic Substratum is the additional 5 dam which doesn't even overcome the additional 50 max weapon damage the plasmic has, much less the difference in hit.

Overall the Plasmic Substratum is better than the Kagum Xu for soloing and even duoing the only disadvantage to the Plasmic Substratum is that it is more expensive currently and is also break on death. So if you die very often at all go with the Kagum Xu however if you are careful the Plasmic Substratum is a better buy.

PureLight

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Sole
post Apr 13 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #5

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 734
Characters: SenSui

Plasmic substratum is not BOD. I dont know if you have died with one and lost it, but last time I tried (er... died), I didn't lose mine.

2cents laugh.gif

--------------------
Take a step back... look at the broader picture.

+Quote Post
Rhew
post Jun 3 2007, 04:07 AM
Post #6

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 60
Characters: Rhew, Deimh

I've heard from numerous people the Substratum weapon is not BOD ^^.

--------------------
Geomancers!!!!!
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:23 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.