> Extra Bank Slots, STOP AND READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
Coolboyman
post Mar 19 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 65

This was an interesting idea, but once you think about it, it is REALLY a rip off.

200 Kruna for 1 slot, so basically 2 dollars per slot. You can get up to 50 slots, which will cost you what? $100. Now before you jump into spending $100 for 50 extra slots on a character (which I hope you haven't), stop and THINK.

First of all, to register a 4 character account is $10. This will get you 400 slots, 100 slots per character. So basically by getting a new account, you will not only get four characters, but 400 bank slots, which is approx. $800 worth of slots.

If you were to renew monthly for this account, to equal the price of 400 bank slots, it would take almost eight years. Plus, you could re register the other account only when you need your extra items.

So yeah, if the pricing was better then it might work, but overall its just a big ripoff. dry.gif KRU is indeed sneaky.

So... If you need more space to deposit items, don't buy that, register a new account for $10 and get 400 extra spaces!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sebelle
post Mar 19 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

When I first read it, I thought it was 200 Kruna for 50 spaces....

A bit too pricey for me, I'll stick with my alternates for now. :x

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mallard
post Mar 19 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,571
Characters: Mallard (RIP), FittyCoin (RIP), Sadiq, Wordsmith

Yeah, seriously... it's not worth it at all. Just use a bank character and do whatever. It's totally not worth it to drop $200 on 100 extra bank slots at $2.00 a pop. I know people appreciate this and I appreciate the effort put into the idea and the potential ability to help people but it's truly not worth it in the long run and hopefully people will see that before they start wasting their hard earned money on something unnecessary such as this. (I guess that gives you my stance on Kruna items as well!)

--------------------
-Mallard

"The whistles go.... WOO WOO"

+Quote Post
PIEMINISTER
post Mar 19 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Sa san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 531

When I first read it, I thought it was 200 Kruna for 50 spaces....

I thought it was the exact same thing until I looked over the screenshots on NA.

+Quote Post
Dannicus
post Mar 19 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #5

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 130

A far better idea would be to provide this as an ALTERNATIVE to making bank characters on another account. It should be, like, $2 per character to double your bank size, per month, and leave the current idea (albiet far cheaper, wow) as an alternative for permanent bank slots.

--------------------
wish you liked boobies *sighs*

+Quote Post
herger
post Mar 19 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #6

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,320
Characters: Nacitus, herger

I think this is a great idea.

Naturally to 99% of us here it's out of reach. But there are very wealthy IRL people who play this game, who won't mind paying these kinds of money at all.

In the end it's a win win situation for all - the rich peeps are happy with their extra bank slots, Kru is happy with the extra revenue, and we should all benefit from Kru having more resources to improve the game.

I know some people won't agree but think of it this way. You go to a fancy reknowned hotel, an orange juice there might cost $20. A piece of steak might cost $80. Is it unfair? Nope. No one forces you pay those prices - infact those prices are specifically targeted at the wealthy elite, not you, so if you compain about them the hotel would just look at you in a strange way.

+Quote Post
Gilley
post Mar 19 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #7

Enchanted

Member No.: 733

The extra account would work great if Kruna items could be exchanged to other characters; however, they can't. Thus the need for extra bank slots on existing characters. Granted, it's my choice to purchase the kruna items because I like to play dress up BUT this price is WAAAAYYYY to much. Give us cheaper slots or make the items exchangeable among our characters sad.gif

+Quote Post
SungKen
post Mar 19 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #8

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

I would definately think these are priced way too high. Give me $1 per slot and I wouldnt be too upset. And I dont know where that dudes math is at... but 50x2=100 not 200. I would pay $50 for 50 more permanent slots on my character, and not be too upset.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
TediAvenger
post Mar 19 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #9

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 88
Characters: TediAvenger

IMO, great idea, horrible implementation. The price is too high. =/

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Mar 19 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #10

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

Yep, what's better...
$100 = 50 slots on one character
$10 = 400 slots on four characters

QUITE THE IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE TO MAKE, I'D SAY :(

Like what some others said...great idea, just far too costly.

+Quote Post
Abunai
post Mar 19 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #11

Enchanted

Member No.: 947
Characters: Abunai

New account of 400 slots = 10$/month

Kruna account of 200 extra slots(50/char) - 400$ one time fee.

Soo....it's a GREAT deal people...granted you plan on playing for at least the next five years with constant auto-renewal.

Oh well. At least they're trying. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrdie
post Mar 19 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(Abunai @ Mar 19 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]29404[/snapback]
Soo....it's a GREAT deal people...granted you plan on playing for at least the next five years with constant auto-renewal.
Whether Nexus will still be around in 2012 is a debate in itself, ja?

+Quote Post
Ace
post Mar 19 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #13

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

It is a good idea, I might even do it if it was 200 kruna for 20 slots or something but for 1 slot, forget it.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
PikuDamaru
post Mar 19 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #14

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 9
Characters: PikuDamaru

Great idea, but just because I like to be repetitive - Price is way too high.

And yea, $10/Mo. for a second account would work fine, but in my opinion moving items from one character to another is a pain in the ass, in itself. Convenience is always nice. That's the only selling point.

I can say I would seriously consider buying extra slots if it were 200 Kruna for 5 slots, or something better.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 19 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #15

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

Forget the price, the idea of charging to enable a part of the game is outrageous. What other game requires you to pay real cash to active such a basic part of the game? Not only is the pricing per value terrible vs. buying another account, it's a very bad signal to send to the players. You can't have this function in the game unless you pay us more cash! And by the way, you have to spend a LOT more cash.

Forget this - bad idea.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
herger
post Mar 19 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #16

Enchanted

Member No.: 1,320
Characters: Nacitus, herger

Whoa hold on a second.

I don't think people are appreciating the benefits to them of this. They're only focussed on the "unfairness" of it all.

By having item in the shop you don't lose out in anyway. But you do gain because people with lots of IRL money will buy it, and that money goes into making the game better.

So there's your choice really: No/slower game improvements (Sa san, more events) and no extra bank slot item in the kruna shop, or more/faster game improvements with the extra bank slot item.

Seriously you don't lose out if you choose not to buy it.

I personally want to see nexus a better place so I'm all for this kruna item.

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Mar 19 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #17

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I'm all for a better game but not for stuff like this. Charge me more per month! Make item shop purchases non bonded. Stop charging extra to send an item to a friend. I have bought a few items from the shop but I won't do it again unless I see a real "must have" because I can only use them on one character.

Add sections to the game that you can only access if you buy an "express" account. And make sure that additional area doesn't have anything that is a requirement for quests and such. Make a PK area for pay. Make a heavy duty hunting area for pay.

Those are the things people would pay for. Yes make the game better. But we have the right to say what isn't better and what won't work.

+Quote Post
SilentNights
post Mar 19 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #18

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 231
Characters: SilentNights

Hahaha...

seriously, laughed so hard when I saw this..

$2 to hold an extra item in your bank...nice try kru!

SN

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Mar 19 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #19

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

I came here to write the same thing that has already been said; I'll just give Kru a suggestion instead.

It should be 200 kruna for 10 extra slots on ALL of your characters (Even if you delete and make a new one) with a maximum of 200 slots per character.

I might actually buy Kruna if you did that.

As it stands right now, I find the whole thing pretty annoying and insulting. =/

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Shinichi
post Mar 19 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #20

Peasant

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 916

200 kruna for -1- spot!?!?!?!?!

so like 100 bucks for 50 spots??

I think tk is awesome but whoever though of this idea seriously needs to reconsider please...I love some of the kruna stuff out..but I haven't felt like this since I saw the price of the deluxe playstation 3 >_<

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:58 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.