IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Event In November?, WHAT COULD IT BE!!!?
Flowerr
post Nov 13 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #1

Enchanted

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,067
Characters: Flower/ Pompoof

Anyone know.. from the diviners visions im thinkin return of mongols but i bet since mug has been workin on it for a min its prolly something BRAND SPANKING NEW!

--------------------
League of Legends is where its at!!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ace
post Nov 13 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

Yeah, kinda sounds like Mongols.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
theSavior
post Nov 13 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #3

Enchanted

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 317

Tengris are the hand items that were dropped in Mongols... (along with vulture charus, boots, and... kallals!) I would bet money it's Mongols invadin'. Maybe the new big area is HAN. >: )

~tS

--------------------
How is it that the less someone plays Nexus... the more compelled they are to post their thoughts on the Forums? :3

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Nov 13 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

I would, as well, suspect mongols. I believe mug is redoing the events that dropped subaccessories so sa sans have a chance to obtain them for their rank -- hence, the diamond subs rereleased recently. I enjoyed the last Mongol event. I am surprised at the cost of boots now considering so many boots dropped that people were registering new accounts to store boots on newbie characters at the time (they had cost a ridiculous high amount to deposit). I think we got over 100 pairs of boots during the last event! During the last Mongol event I was on a warrior, so I was able to kill quickly. Poets weren't needed during the mongols event, so I hope mug tweaked it a bit.

Also, could they attempt to CHANGE a few things. Some of the augury visions are the exact ones used back in Hyul 1.

Musoyen

+Quote Post
Jaxro
post Nov 13 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #5

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 1,869

It is without a doubt a Mongol Barbaric Invasion, The Tengris, The constant mentioning of horses, as well as the implications of mobile destruction going through the lands

+Quote Post
WereWulf
post Nov 14 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #6

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 306
Characters: Don't mess up the tables!

To quote Vini,
" The long nights of observation wear heavily on me and my scouts, my brother. One of my scouts, so worn down by the recent events, has had to be retired, citing he spotted a flying tiger delivering parcels to the enemy encampment. Other men have even started to ramble inanely about sighting fallen Nagnang soldiers returning to fight the enemy. I've sent them back to Nagnang for rest. I will continue alone for now, but I must also rest soon. "

~Vini Normad'or~
~Hyul 27, Moon 12~ "
**Rest of the article is on NexusAtlas front page if you haven't read yet**

So what do you all think? Will the Mongols attack from Nagnang this year or is this something completely different? I am hoping a new town where "flying tigers deliver parcels"! Should add something new to the game with more mythical type city. I'm a sucker for new towns, even though we do have a lot of useless areas in the game.

--------------------
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Nov 15 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #7

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

Mongol Invasion Maps

I hear voices barking loudly "Tengri, TENGRI!"

As stated above Tengri's are hand items from the previous Mongol Invasion.

I saw men holding dark swords and long pikes. They ride on steeds of fire!! As they ride, their wake left destruction everywhere they marched.

I woke up from this vision and some strange smells lingered on my nose.. It was the scent of raw meat and fire.

The only one with a pike was the boss but lots of them had swords. The Mongols were often seen as a huge destructive force sweeping down like a rushing fire. They also tenderized their meat by stringing beneath their saddles during the day. *gags*

Clarrissa's vision echos Arcanis's

There's no doubt that the Mongol's are returning. Could it because the Nagnang Army has been dissolved? Can the Covenant Clan take it's place. Will the four ride again to Nagnang's defense? At any rate they are coming and I hope to get some boots again!

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Nov 15 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #8

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

Maybe they werent shouting the name of a hand item, maybe they were shouting the name of their GOD

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post
WereWulf
post Nov 15 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #9

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sarphendon @ Nov 15 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Maybe they werent shouting the name of a hand item, maybe they were shouting the name of their GOD

The plot thickens!

--------------------
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?

+Quote Post
Warik
post Nov 16 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 49
Characters: Warik

I wouldn't read too far into what's written for roleplay event discriptions and believe that it relates to the actual event.

Hell. Look at this most recent Lost Mines.

Before the mines opened up, the event discription hinted at enemies dressed in golden armor.

Instead.... We had rabbits, squirrels, and some "skeleton-pirates" .... oh and leeches.

- Warik

+Quote Post
LeAnnder
post Nov 16 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #11

Level 99

Member No.: 3,115
Characters: LeAnnder

I want turkey eggs :d

--------------------
-*- The Ruby Queen -*-

"Open your ears, eyes, and minds; not your hands."

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Nov 16 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

It's definitely Mongols and something else?

COTW 1789
CODE
_______  ________    _________________  _________________
       \/        \  |                 \/
My brother,       |/

It is with a sunken heart that I must report the latest of my findings.

The scouts, I reported to you previously, were a forward party established by a -second- and far numerous horde, located North East of our main army's position.

They have the tactical advantage, my brother! I have been unable to establish a route back to our Brothers. I fear for their safety. Without our army Nagnang's security is in dire danger.

Amidst the darkness comes a most curious revelation, the Mongols and our Brothers are not the only ones occupying the Northern Woods.

A third Army has kept the Mongolians busy, requiring them to split their second horde in two. One half chases the advantage over our Brothers' rear flank, the other continues a staunch defence of the Mongolian Encampment against this unknown aggressor.

From a ridge, south of the defensive Mongolian battle, I see another army - not a horde. Their colors are not of Han, Buya or Koguryo - they are jade. Their force is massive and severe. Their training, I must confess; impeccable.  

I catch glimpses of their commander issuing his orders to his Lieutenants. I cannot stress enough; you must gather Nagnang's leaders together brother. I can only hope thes- *the sentence stops*

I've been spotted.        /\__/\__________/\
                         /                  \  ____________
C      /\___/\_______/\/                    \/
_______/

+Quote Post
WereWulf
post Nov 16 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #13

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE (AllyGator @ Nov 16 2009, 04:04 PM) *
It's definitely Mongols and something else?

COTW 1789
CODE
_______  ________    _________________  _________________
       \/        \  |                 \/
My brother,       |/

It is with a sunken heart that I must report the latest of my findings.

The scouts, I reported to you previously, were a forward party established by a -second- and far numerous horde, located North East of our main army's position.

They have the tactical advantage, my brother! I have been unable to establish a route back to our Brothers. I fear for their safety. Without our army Nagnang's security is in dire danger.

Amidst the darkness comes a most curious revelation, the Mongols and our Brothers are not the only ones occupying the Northern Woods.

A third Army has kept the Mongolians busy, requiring them to split their second horde in two. One half chases the advantage over our Brothers' rear flank, the other continues a staunch defence of the Mongolian Encampment against this unknown aggressor.

From a ridge, south of the defensive Mongolian battle, I see another army - not a horde. Their colors are not of Han, Buya or Koguryo - they are jade. Their force is massive and severe. Their training, I must confess; impeccable.  

I catch glimpses of their commander issuing his orders to his Lieutenants. I cannot stress enough; you must gather Nagnang's leaders together brother. I can only hope thes- *the sentence stops*

I've been spotted.        /\__/\__________/\
                         /                  \  ____________
C      /\___/\_______/\/                    \/
_______/

Interesting! The event story line is shaping up to be a good one. I hope its somehow the Sonhi making a comeback!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Nov 16 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #14

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

So he is writing a letter, then stops all of a sudden and writes that he has been spotted?

"If he was dying, he wouldn't bother to carve aaagh, he'd just say it."

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
saint
post Nov 16 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #15

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 12,855

He assessed that he had time to write one more sentance and instead of finishing that one he wanted it to be known that he was spotted, so he would need help.

Don't see what isn't understandable about that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Nov 16 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #16

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (saint @ Nov 16 2009, 04:14 PM) *
He assessed that he had time to write one more sentance and instead of finishing that one he wanted it to be known that he was spotted, so he would need help.

Don't see what isn't understandable about that.

Well, I suppose if you are into dilly-dallying when someone who wants to kill you spots you hiding, as opposed to maybe running and then once safe having all the time in the world to write the rest of your letter, then sure that makes total sense.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
xevu
post Nov 16 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #17

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,702

QUOTE (Falaris @ Nov 16 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Well, I suppose if you are into dilly-dallying when someone who wants to kill you spots you hiding, as opposed to maybe running and then once safe having all the time in the world to write the rest of your letter, then sure that makes total sense.

-Falaris

That's the way in works in Hollywood movies, why not here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Nov 16 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #18

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (xevu @ Nov 16 2009, 05:11 PM) *
That's the way in works in Hollywood movies, why not here?

Because... well...

...damnit.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iter
post Nov 16 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 166
Characters: Tiker, Celeriter, Kenjo, Blackmorrow, Mabon

It makes more sense if we know that his letter was immediately dispatched upon being spotted (i.e. by some animal like a bird or something, or maybe a lucky assistant who made a run while the author provided a decoy).

Unfortunately the letter seems to lack any description of its means of arriving on the CotW board. For all we know, it could just have just been written in a back room and posted by walking to the board. Hmm.

+Quote Post
Skum
post Nov 17 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #20

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

Well, I wasn't in the Kingdoms for the Mongol Invasion event, so I can't speculate on any similarities, it seems clear that the Kingdoms are to be invaded in some way or another.

There are a couple things that pique my curiosity, like this:
Other men have even started to ramble inanely about sighting fallen Nagnang soldiers returning to fight the enemy.

Maybe we'll be facing some kind of Zombie army, or one commanded by a sorcerer... or better yet, Mupa. She's been relatively active in recent events, and definitely has the stones to put together an army to try and invade. It would, however, be a departure from her normal approaches, but maybe she's learned that we can school her unless she has help....

But, from what I gather from other people, Mongols seems to be the likely contender. My guess is that it will be Mongols, but different...

Also, what the heck is Chejungi trying to say here:
Worryingly I am situated several a hundred li behind the lines established by our army.

You'd think that for major event-related posts someone would proof-read these things....

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:18 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.