Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It's Official: Nexus is doomed.
Brancrese
post Sep 20 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 12,766

Probably the what, 978th time a thread like this has been made. But I've never been more convinced until right now, that the game has no chance at a revival. All the white noise and changes Wony put out there over the last couple months has been for what we now see is the ultimate motivation: move the game into a more pay to win micro transaction model.

Look at the evidence in what the game is now doing, it's micro-transaction modeling 101, the absolute worst parts of the modern gaming world:

1) Create arbitrary restrictions for consuming content (in this case, the exp cap.)
2) Introduce ways to remove arbitrary restrictions for content, at cost.

Rinse and repeat. So now that they went ahead and did that with the Exp envelopes, they then decided one arbitrary restriction wasn't enough, so let's make the envelope break on death, creating yet another arbitrary restriction. But wait! Don't worry, you can avoid that, by buying yet another item to remove our arbitrary restriction, we at KRU are so nice and kind, we just want a way for you to be able to enjoy the game. Ignore what it costs, what price can you put on your fun!

I have to admit, I bought all of it for a minute. I saw all the patches and thought "Oh man, maybe they finally are going to make real changes here. Maybe I just might be able to come back some day."

Wrong. The only "modernization" they're doing to the Nexus world, is making it as nauseating and cringe-worthy as all of the other nonsense in today's gaming world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:43 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.