> Nexus Crashes when starting, Using TKDisplaySelector
AllyGator
post May 6 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I'm hoping someone has a solution to my problem.

I installed NexusTK and was using it for over a week with no problem. I don't see that well and told Wildhair about that so she advised me to use TKDisplaySelector to enlarge the screen. Since then the game crashed after I type in my password and click ok.

I uninstalled it, removed all files and directories. Tried running it as an administrator, set the compatibilty mode to XP and then Win8. I've reset the mode using TKDisplaySelector. I set the properties to run for All Users. It doesn't matter than I've reset the display mode; it stays in full screen. Still as soon as I logon and the screen begins to load it tells me Nexus stopped working. When I double click the icon to start it always pops up and asks me if I want to run the program.

I didn't have two instances of the game running. It looks that way because I cut and pasted twice and didn't clean up the image.

So I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? TIA
Attached File(s)
Attached File  crash.png ( 337.97K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
The hair says it all!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vini
post May 6 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

Hi Ally!

First things to do: check if your Client version is the most updated on V7.18 If not download and install the new version again, patch isn't working.

If you're using V7.18 then check if your DirectX is up to date.

What Windows version are you using? Windows 10?

There's no need to run compatibility mode for Windows XP, I've been using Nexus TK with Win10 for months and never had any problems.

Make sure your compatibility settings are set with:
[ ] Reduced color mode (not checked)
[ ] Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution (not checked)
[ ] Disable display scaling on high DPI settings (not checked)
[V] Run this program as an administrator

To edit compatibility modes simple right click your NexusTK shortcut and choose the last windowed menu option: properties.

QUOTE (AllyGator @ May 6 2016, 01:43 PM) *
I'm hoping someone has a solution to my problem.

I installed NexusTK and was using it for over a week with no problem. I don't see that well and told Wildhair about that so she advised me to use TKDisplaySelector to enlarge the screen. Since then the game crashed after I type in my password and click ok.

I uninstalled it, removed all files and directories. Tried running it as an administrator, set the compatibility mode to XP and then Win8. I've reset the mode using TKDisplaySelector. I set the properties to run for All Users. It doesn't matter than I've reset the display mode; it stays in full screen. Still as soon as I logon and the screen begins to load it tells me Nexus stopped working. When I double click the icon to start it always pops up and asks me if I want to run the program.

I didn't have two instances of the game running. It looks that way because I cut and pasted twice and didn't clean up the image.

So I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? TIA

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post May 8 2016, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Map Goddess
Group Icon

I have set the compatibility as recommended with no success. I've restored my computer to the factory default with no success. I have an old computer that I'll try to revive. I think it needs a new hard drive so the old one will have to be cloned. arrrggh!

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
SilentS
post May 8 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #4

Sa san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 26

I had something with similar results happen to me, but only when I was on my laptop when out of town. Try a traceroute. In my case one of relays blocked my connection, and it happened out of the blue. I was playing Nexus, there was an OS update, then couldnt get back in.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post May 21 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #5

Map Goddess
Group Icon

The trouble was BitDefender which thought the Nexus exe file was a virus. I've flagged it as OK and now there are no problems.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:05 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.